Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,231 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell (20029 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2012
Basic: OMG! And was this post meant for humans?
no its meant for the goats in my grandfathers compound. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2012
I laugh whenever i read from semi literate Pentecostal minions who were poorly informed.
@poster.. what do you have to say about the below bible verses.

Numbers 31:50
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
"So we want to give the Lord all the gold jewelry we took from the Midianites. It’s our gift to him for watching over us and our troops.”

Genesis 13:2
King James Version (KJV)
"And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold."

Exodus 12:35
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"Now the sons of Israel had done according to the word of Moses, for they had requested from the Egyptians articles of silver and articles of gold, and clothing"

Numbers 8:4
New International Version (NIV)
"This is how the lampstand was made: It was made of hammered gold—from its base to its blossoms. The lampstand was made exactly like the pattern the Lord had shown Moses."

2 Kings 18:16
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"At that time Hezekiah cut off the gold from the doors of the temple of the Lord, and from the doorposts which Hezekiah king of Judah had overlaid, and gave it to the king of Assyria."

when jesus was born, the three wise men from the east visited with gifts, gold included.

.....i can go on and on and on, but that's not why we came! so pathetic, Nigerian version of christianity can lead to severe mental subnormality.,,,no offence.

8 Likes

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by hardbody: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2012
Eby22:

My dear, I used to argue about this gold and jewery stuff, make up,broided hair and all what have u until God gave me a revelation some days back.

In that revelation i was told that i will go 2hell, not because of unrighteousness but because of the things i attach 2my body (Gods temple). I had 2sell off my gold, removed my weavone and went natural.

All my life, i have used jewerries, my church approves of it but making heaven is an individual thing. Ask God for revelations concerning any controvercies and He will reveal His mind 2u, as there is no prayer He does not answer.

pls don't follow the crowd, lots of christains (true children of God) are heading the wrong way without knowing it, let d Bible guide u and submit completely when He convinces u. It is only ur personal convinction that will stand the test of time.

In summary, you possess a fish brain.

2 Likes

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by ijigbamigb(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2012
booqee: I'm still not convinced about d gold thing. I need more convincing fact.
I've heard a lot bout this gold thingy..infact my church is against it..even on ur wedding day in church, u aint allowed to use earrings or other kinda jewelry..but i'm nt fazed, as i still use my jewelry..though in moderation.
Give me more fact. undecided

as for the rest things you posted..i don't know maybe you drank too much garri dis morning, and its starting to take its toll on you. Abeg bros..go sleep back, and come back to modify ur post. I know say u no dey too okay. Sorry ehn..... angry angry angry

There's nothing wrong with Gold or Silver and its likes. What is wrong is the obsession with these things. Also, not just gold and silver alone but all things that have high monetary values. People tend to get so attached to their jewelry that they cannot do without it. My mom use to sell them and you need to see people competiting with gold, some will go as far as taking co-operative loans just to purchase gold.

Some prefers their gold to their God.
So to my understanding it is not about Gold alone, its about obsession with all things of great monetary value.
If they preach against gold, then maybe they should preach against money too.
If you wish to were a nice jewelry, do so, but don't let it take the position of your God in your heart.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by salafiyy: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2012
on the day when that @al kanz money gold and silver zakat of which as not been paid@ will be heated in the fire of hell and we be branded their foreheads their flanks and their backs and it will be said to them this is the treasure which you hoarded for your selves.now taste of what you used to hoard.,...i'm proud to be a muslim...
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Eby22: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Chiemekaorizu(m): 9:03am On Nov 21, 2012
*i wonder o@op sorry o nah sabbath u dey go ur own church?

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Femmymata2(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2012
If Hell really exist, i wonder how many humans can/will escape it. Only a monster can create a place like hell for people to be tormented and burn forever. It does even exempt little children,

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by juleze(f): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2012
Eby22:

My dear, I used to argue about this gold and jewery stuff, make up,broided hair and all what have u until God gave me a revelation some days back.

In that revelation i was told that i will go 2hell, not because of unrighteousness but because of the things i attach 2my body (Gods temple). I had 2sell off my gold, removed my weavone and went natural.

All my life, i have used jewerries, my church approves of it but making heaven is an individual thing. Ask God for revelations concerning any controvercies and He will reveal His mind 2u, as there is no prayer He does not answer.

pls don't follow the crowd, lots of christains (true children of God) are heading the wrong way without knowing it, let d Bible guide u and submit completely when He convinces u. It is only ur personal convinction that will stand the test of time.

Hmmm...tell me more about this. I really want to know. A lot of times, I think God wants me to do away with weaves and wigs, but I fight against the nudge, and tell myself nothing is wrong with it. Though I went natural 2 years back, I still use them, whenever I get tired/lazy/want a new look.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2012
No member of his church must use anything made out of gold or silver. This
statement opens the heavenly door for more
people to enter. Some people have work very
hard for God that only this gold deprived them
from entering the kingdom of God.
this caught my attention and made me wonder that this is the WORKS that paul frown against. Then that means the blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit are inferior to gold in enabling and keeping to one enter the kingdom of God. sadsad . Am sure the pastor is one that believes in eternal insecurity.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by phemi01(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Where is the OP. Him just type finish run comot. Cme back n defend ur write up.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by pastormustwacc: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2012
Heaven have streets made with gold. Except the gold is different from our own gold here. This poster will end up in hell-fire at this rate for all these nonsense talks with no scriptures and entirely heresies.

The word of God is one, whatever you teach should have some form of scriptural backings.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Cbourne(f): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2012
what about jewellery that are not Gold?i.e...bronze and costume jewellery,can they impede you from going to heaven too?what about coral beads?if your answer is NO,how are they different from the ones you mentioned?what if you don't wear gold and you are a witch,will one still make heaven?have you read Galatians 5:19 before?is jewellery{whether gold or wood}among those things christians are warned to desist from?was Gold and Silver featured in the 10 Commandments?if your answer is NO...read your bible and go back to bed,when you wake up,have your head examined...GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by jamace(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2012
OP, come continue with the other topics.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by kingblosky: 9:29am On Nov 21, 2012
When the wise men went to visit Jesus; what was he given ?. Frankensence, GOLD AND SILVER inclusive. I knew this in Nursery school. People should do their research before talking trash from the pulpit.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by naturalwaves: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by chucky234(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2012
salafiyy: on the day when that @al kanz money gold and silver zakat of which as not been paid@ will be heated in the fire of hell and we be branded their foreheads their flanks and their backs and it will be said to them this is the treasure which you hoarded for your selves.now taste of what you used to hoard.,...i'm proud to be a muslim...
Gbagaunista

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by kaeto(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2012
I feel for many doubting these FACTS. The kingdom of God is foolishness to the wise... Hell, a place of no return.

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by quimbi(f): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2012
Afta usin all d gold here on earth,I'll drop dem $ enta heaven.nobody will enta hell or heaven wit any jewellery or money if not pple wuld b buried wit deir properties so dey can take it to heaven or hell...anyhw u say it @ OP,I no dey go hell as long as I hv a pure heart $ I worship God in spirit $ in truth.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Sike(m): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2012
Let's go there then.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by matrixme(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2012
It's such a shame that topics like this get to make Nairaland frontpage. A website that is rated to be No. 1 in Nigeria. When the outside world is probing the far out universe for treasures and life-forms while simultaneously. Building incredible materials out of nano-particles, we're here arguing if gold and silver would be donated at the gates of hell. I think I shall begin to reconsider my visit to this website. It's about that time!
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Eby22: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2012
kaeto: I feel for many doubting these FACTS. The kingdom of God is foolishness to the wise... Hell, a place of no return.

i wouldn't like to get banned unnecessarily, so let me reserve my comments by commenting my reserve grin, I think you need a bed rest, seriously, just forget about everything. get a full day deep rest/sleep, 2 tablets of paracetamol 3x isn't a bad idea if you can! after then go revisit your dictionary for the meaning of FACTS.

2 Likes

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Jerry2i(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2012
I comment my reserve.can't wait for the op to come and write his other post.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Jerry2i(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2012
I comment my reserve.can't wait for the op to come and post his other topics.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Boboedom: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2012
Anything that you attach too much importance to than God becomes an idol to you. It could be your gold, your cars, your house, money, clothes. Gold and diamonds are made by the Lord but people should not idolise them. Simple imo.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2012
kaeto: I feel for many doubting these FACTS. The kingdom of God is foolishness to the wise... Hell, a place of no return.

i have tried to get meaning from the above sentence but to no avail, now am begining to think different writers for the blue, the bold and the red.

3 Likes

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by KDK(m): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2012
Eby22:

@ OP and Eby22,
The truth is that not many people will understand. Some of the mysteries is not meant for everyone to understand. It is same way some are deceiving themselves that God can not send man to hell but would rather just annihilate them from existence. Let them mock you but remember that narrow is the way that leads to life and only a few find it and broad is the way to destruction and many are on that path.Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, (Titus 3:10 NKJV)
However, in all revelation, always refer back to the word of God. Remember For we know in part and we prophesy in part. (1 Corinthians 13:9 NKJV)

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2012
Mr. President:

i have tried to get meaning from the above sentence but to no avail, now am begining to think different writers for the blue, the bold and the red.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by emmanwandud(m): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2012
Eby22:

Just be open minded about it and ask God for convinction, He will ofcourse reveal His mind 2u (He does not want anybody 2go 2hell and He answers every prayer).

It took God himself 2convince me and that is why i can't go back on them. To tell you the truth, i look so odd in my church now, almost everybody including pastor's wives are using them. Heb 2:
i know the truth whenever i hear one

This world is a temporary place and that is why i am striving 2enter. One thing is knowing the mind of God and another thing is doing it. I won't lie to you, it is not easy to give up on those. Lots of people are becoming aware these days and d devil is seriously fighting.

Matt 24:37 "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the son of man be". (almost everybody was doing the wrong thing)

1 peter 4:18 "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, ..."
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by emmanwandud(m): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2012
Eby how do u ask for revelations from God bcs am eager to know and hear from me ill be grateful if u send me mail to eze4cool@yahoo.com
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by dilbert100: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.