Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell (20060 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 10:52am On Nov 21, 2012
Be careful
Why don't you let god review these things to you yourself
Gold and diamond are only meant for building before it was forbiden after the children of isreal used if in calving calf
Is the God of old testament different from new testament?
If the world pass away not single of my word will pass away.
God said I have made this things unclean in book of ezekiel

And he said no unclean things shall enter the kingdom of God. God said this to the eartly gold and silver not heavenly golds
Let he that have ear hear what the spirit is telling the church
If god want you to use ear ring, why has he refused to dig a hole in your ear from heaven?
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Revolva(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2012
Some pastors are idiots fools who know nothing - how could he say such thing , abi him wan tell ne say those wedding he has ordained in his church , the wedding rings are not gold or silver or plat ..

Foolish minds christainity is now a ridiculous way of life - bastard pastor - omo I dey find bling bling to rock sef dis hater CAC idiot dey jealous cuz he did not rock any
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by donotbanme1: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2012
puskin: A long time since I heard such arrant nonsense.

What has the OP been smoking of recent??

Cow dung wrapped in banana leaves...
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by donotbanme1: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2012
fortran12: So God actually hates gold? yet heavens streets are paved with gold - Rev 21:21

Do you know that some people worship gold and diamonds The children of Isreal were asked to remove their ornaments because they worshipped them. Some women worship their beauty forgetting the creator of such beauty. This may be the reason God hates those things if the poster is right.

I know some ladies that can go hungry in order to use their last coin to beautify their looks.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by lovetrust(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2012
plz let the OP be. He has made his point. He is not forcing anyone into wearing of jewelries! One thing i know is that: it doesn't ammter can bring alot of matters in one's life. Come to think of it......These expensive and shiny pieces can spring pride in oneself. Like the way girls parade with trousers these days. It makes them feel shoulder high in most caes. Well, its beter to serve God now and at the end discover there is no God than to reject/not know God and at the eend discover that there is true and living God. The end will tell. No be by force. God no dey force anybody to serve am. H e will always be God.

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by nanaboi(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2012
So I'm guessing heaven will be full of amputated folks, & empty eye sockets since Jesus clearly said 2 get rid of anything that causes us 2 sin.

Jst so u know, the golden calf didn't make the Isrealites sin. They sinned & the calf was forged. Do u guyz in ur church use money? Coz I don't think gold or diamond are as common as money, the infamous means of exchange. If these ornamentals will lead one to hell, then money would pr'abli fire the furnace of hell after it's led one in.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by iAMsuccess(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2012
The only cure for this op is try istening to patience by nas and danian marley 3 tines daily, ease up man,et d wrld define itself angry
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by alex406(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Revolva: Some pastors are idiots fools who know nothing - how could he say such thing , abi him wan tell ne say those wedding he has ordained in his church , the wedding rings are not gold or silver or plat ..

Foolish minds christainity is now a ridiculous way of life - bastard pastor - omo I dey find bling bling to rock sef dis hater CAC idiot dey jealous cuz he did not rock any
My friend be careful what you say about these men of God. You are not to judge them no matter what they do.
If you use them and end up in hell,you will definitely blame yourself,if you dont use them and at the end of your life you make heaven,you have nothing to loose than to remain adamant.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Sheguama: 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
@ Op & Ebby

I discover there are certain spiritual matters that are a bit difficult to swallow for some people. This is one of such. I'm not disappointed on the bashings that followed suit. Remember people mocked and cursed Noah back in the day. Don't worry. But pls people I beseech you not to waive this warning with the back of hands. These are some kind of apocalypses you will not get to hear often even from true MOGs cos of the controversies it will generate. Take a close look at any true MOG. You will neever see them (as well as their wives) with any form of gold, silver or what have u. Not even with wedding ring because they have the understanding. I heard abt this about 9 yrs ago. Let us be careful. Kingdom of God is not bread n butter.

3 Likes

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by juleze(f): 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
Eby22:

Just be open minded about it and ask God for convinction, He will ofcourse reveal His mind 2u (He does not want anybody 2go 2hell and He answers every prayer).

It took God himself 2convince me and that is why i can't go back on them. To tell you the truth, i look so odd in my church now, almost everybody including pastor's wives are using them. Heb 2:1

This world is a temporary place and that is why i am striving 2enter. One thing is knowing the mind of God and another thing is doing it. I won't lie to you, it is not easy to give up on those. Lots of people are becoming aware these days and d devil is seriously fighting.

Matt 24:37 "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the son of man be". (almost everybody was doing the wrong thing)

1 peter 4:18 "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, ..."

Thanks for this. I'll like more clarification on this. Please e-mail me.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Revolva: Some pastors are idiots fools who know nothing - how could he say such thing , abi him wan tell ne say those wedding he has ordained in his church , the wedding rings are not gold or silver or plat ..

Is it in your bible to use ring for wedding?
That is to show how smatter satan is. He knows how best to decieve the children of god.

God told man not to eat the forbidden fruit, for if he does, he will die.

Satan said na lie you no go die. You no see how beutiful and good the fruit looks
"And the woman see the fruit and say chai! See how fine d fruit look?
Dis god no even sabi better thing. I beg make I chop am joo.

God warn you not to put on gold or silver for I have made all this unclean, and no unclean things shall enter my kingdom.

Satan say kai see mumu, u wan becom zombie? You no see jenifer lopez and shakira as they fine rich, use am u go fine well well. No be gold the take build heaven? Na your mind God need joor

Choose whome to listen to

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by AZeD1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
OP
Mark 7: 18
Its not what enters a man that defiles him but that which comes out of him.
Stop confusing people. Jesus said you cannot serve God and money at the same time, does that mean if you want to serve God you must be poor?
The ark of the covenant was made of Gold, the temple was decorated with Gold, God blessed Solomon with riches(which included Gold). Peter at the gate of the Temple told the lame man "Silver and Gold have i non....." Peter did not have Gold not because it was wrong but because he was poor.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Why don't you let God first in you life? If you let God in your life he will speak to you about these tinz
That is to show how smart satan is. Did we have a passage in d bible dat ask us to use wedding ring?

Part 1
God told man. You see all the things wey I do, you fit chop them but dat one wey dey for center of the garden, I beg no chop am o becos if u chop am u go die.

Satan, Tai! Na lie that guy dey lie o. U no see how good dat tin look, the tin go good for ur body I beg chop am.
You no go die

Man na true talk o. This tin fine true true. Why dis guy con tell us say make we no chop am now? Satan thnk u joor.

Part2
God say I don make gold and silver unclean for ur body and no unclean thin go enter my kingdom o

Satan
Chai dis guy don come again, no be the tin u take create ur heaven? I beg no believe am, na only your soul he need no be your dressing
Abi u wan bcom zombie ni? U no see how shakira take fine?

Man o boy see how I fine with the use of this gold?
I beg make I dey use wetin I wan use joor.

Its your choice to listen to whosoever u love to.
From genesis to revelation, do we have a place asking us to use ring?
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
@OP I now see that your issue is not that you are mis-informed or that you do not have knowledge of the Bible. You are a spawn of SATAN causing believers to be distracted from the real issues. what does God bless you with.. did the 3 wise men not give baby Jesus Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh?

You are a False Prophet looking to snatch gullible Christians from RCCG and Christ Embassy, it will not work, they have already been snatched Spirit,Soul and Body grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by deebrain(m): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
Thumbs up for many folks that are resisting this foolish opinion of a confused original poster. We are finally getting rid of all these sin conscious and hell preaching religious folks who don't read their bibles but follow the personal likes and dislikes of their G.O.s which is then converted into a doctrine with of course, scriptures to back it up.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by vanminister: 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
BABY XTIANS PLEASE READ...........

JAMES 5V3
Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
James 5:2-4 (in Context)
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by donaremu(m): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
It is amazing how we interpret God's words, God made gold and diamond and every other precious stones.
It is the worship of the creature (Human and things that God made) and not the CREATOR that is a SIN.
I pray the entrance of His WORDS will enlighten our path..........
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
Why don't you let God first in you life? If you let God in your life he will speak to you about these tinz
That is to show how smart satan is. Did we have a passage in d bible dat ask us to use wedding ring?

Part 1
God told man. You see all the things wey I do, you fit chop them but dat one wey dey for center of the garden, I beg no chop am o becos if u chop am u go die.

Satan, Tai! Na lie that guy dey lie o. U no see how good dat tin look, the tin go good for ur body I beg chop am.
You no go die

Man na true talk o. This tin fine true true. Why dis guy con tell us say make we no chop am now? Satan thnk u joor.

Part2
God say I don make gold and silver unclean for ur body and no unclean thin go enter my kingdom o

Satan
Chai dis guy don come again, no be the tin u take create ur heaven? I beg no believe am, na only your soul he need no be your dressing

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by kosiobabiolorun: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
it is the same bible, that says do not use expensive pearls, wears etc.
U don't need to abuse him , what if is God's message to everyone.
All i belive in is believe in God and his word, pray for God's intervention and as for the spirit of conviction towards the things of this world. SHALLOM
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by kosiobabiolorun: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by highyo: 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2012

Part 1

You no go die

Part2

Satan

Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
This is for all the False-Prophets and Wolves in Sheeps Clothing on this thread.

James 5:2-4

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

I have mentioned before in a post that there are 3 distinct types of (Nairaland) Christians and the poster and his fellow prophets have demonstrated sufficiently that they are the 3rd (MOST DANGEROUS) type namely, ILLITERATE CHRISTIANS

Forgive the long post but it is necessary

3 TYPES OF NAIRALAND CHRISTIANS

1: Practical Christians - Spirit-filled, Wisdom-imparted and Commonsense-minded
2: Impractical Christians - Passion-driven (zealots), Knowledge wo Understanding and Faith-wearing Christians
3: Illiterate Christians - Faith-filled Vegetables

[size=20pt]Examples of Practical Christians[/size]
Presumably 10% of Nairaland Christians fall into this category. You know you fit in here when you Study the Bible with Wisdom and Apply it with Understanding. This readily brings to mind the man Jesus when he quotes Hosea 6:6: "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Jesus gives an illustration that explains His point. Anyone would have pulled a sheep out of a pit, even if it were done on a Sabbath day. This would definitely constitute work. Normally it would be forbidden. But Practical Christians would agree it could be done under these emergency circumstances.

[size=20pt]Examples of Impractical Christians[/size]
Presumably another 10% of Nairaland (Inter-denominational) Christians fall into this category (you know them wink). You know you fit in perfectly when you Live your Faith by Faith Alone and nothing else. They believe every doctrine by Faith and also apply it by Preaching and fanciful words with Zero Wisdom (Motivational Christians). The Evidence of their Faith is in Proclaiming it and not Practicing it. These types are quaintly described in James 2:14-17 "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. They are great at arguing to a point of numbing mental attrition
Attrition: A gradual diminution in number or strength because of constant stress

[size=20pt]Examples of Illiterate Christians[/size]
These categories of Christians make up 80% of Nairaland Christians - They are filled and over-flowing with Faith (no works, no wisdom and definitely no understanding). They have a verse for every Blessing and Curse under the Sun - they have no memory whatsoever of the Meaning of the Book and Chapter.
These class of Christians can only quote one verse per issue raised and cannot raise references from various books to support their position. You will find them saying things such as "Touch Not My Anointed" or "Judge not" or "God Knows Best" or "Man Plans but God Fulfills" or "Heaven Helps those who help themselves" or "Rest in Peace". They are pristine experts at misquoting the Bible and refer to their pastors as Daddy, paying Dangerous Tithes while their Families StarveFast for Divine Harvest from Heaven once every year.

Background information on the book of James and where/how illiterate Christians manipulate scripture for their dubious ends

The authorship of the book of James is attributed to James the Just, a relation of Jesus (perhaps younger brother) and first Bishop of Jerusalem. Paul described him as "the brother of the Lord" in Galatians 1:19 and as one of the three "pillars of the Church" in 2:9. he was martyred in 62 AD in Jerusalem.

In order to understand the mis-information and manipulation presented by @OP you need to read the entire book of James and understand it in its full context.
[size=15pt]
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+1&version=KJV[/size]

I shall save you the effort by summarizing.

The overall direction of the book of James is the admonish the practice of Christ-like qualities such as perseverance and patience when under persecution and worldly temptations. James also goes further to condemn various SINS warning Christians about the second coming.
The Epistle of James was addressed to "The Twelve Tribes Scattered abroad" (James 1:1), which is generally taken to mean a Jewish Christian audience, however the thrust of his epistle is not lost to the Christian Brotherhood. James wants us to know that our ceremonial (vanity-driven) actions impede on our ability to serve God

The OP has taken out a few verses from the book and made it a mantra for his clueless followers to digest and regurgitate as often as needed
Re: Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell by Ancientpath: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Who gave us Gold and Silves? Gen 2:11-12, Eze 16:17,Gen 24:35,Joel 3:5,Haggai 2:8. Are there ministers of God who used jeweries in the bible? Gen 41:42,Dan 5:7,29,Esther 8:2,1:1-9,Gen 13:2. What are jewelries compared with in the Bible? Pro 20:15,Pro25:11-12,Is61:10,Pro1:8-9.can God compare somthing bad with somthing good? Jewelries becomes a sin when we make it an idol so with every other thing even money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Those Speaking Bad Of Jesus Christ Cursed? / Do Homosexuals Have A Place In God's Kingdom? / self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.