Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? (14331 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
Michky:

Ladies would not date nice guys because nice guys are too soft for this tough or wicked world. Being tough USED to guarantee the survival of man during the hunting-and-gathering phase of human evolution. Picture the times of spears, bows and arrows. Only the tough would have survived any leopard invasion. Innately, ladies' brains are still hard wired to that time. Good thing is, now, you don't need to be wicked or bad to survive (being tough is still important though). All you need is doh!. Ladies that have discovered that, that small-muscle nice guy with the brains is a great pick are the smarter ones of this era, i tell yah.

lovely analysis.... smiley, you must be a historian I presume wink
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by girlking(f): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
Αℓℓ of you here condeming dating a badt guy should just shutup. Don't condemn what you haven't tasted. I won't condemn you 4 dating a gσσδ guy (even though I know you are missing a lot), I understand both sides of the coin has its advantages.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by zuchyblink(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
RudySmith:

If they don't complain themselves, then why anyone else should? Google Sadomasochism to understand that some people derive pleasure from pain, and i regret 2 say that a nice guy cannot inflict pain.
and you think is a normal behaviour?see a psychologist
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
I need someone to describe and define what u guys mean by a "nice guy" for me..
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
Who exactly is a nice guy and what makes a guy bad?? undecided
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by lat4real: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ladies and Nice guys thingy on NL.....ok oooo....

Sent from Nokia1600
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by 1ndidi2(f): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: i'm d best guy for her..

Sent from my car engine V8

Mascot take note!

Car engine kwa grin
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by ronkebp(f): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abujafood: I just had to ask this question when I realise a lot of girls aren't interested in dating nice, easy going guys! Reminds me of MJB's I love my Mr. Wrong

Seems nice guys are dry, boring and may even seem weak to many women yet they often times prove to be loyal and caring!

[What do women really want?]

Back to topic, Ladies will you date a nice guy?

I think it depends on how you play the game....before i even answer, what is your definition of being nice? you can be nice and still be full of fun. Everyone likes fun.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by An0nimus: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
lola.luv:
Good guys rock.

Which is why bad girls have an inbuilt antenae that identifies the good guys.
And the reason why that bad girl you know is getting married to the best guy in town.
Good girls go for bad guys inorder to live precariously through them.

Me, I'm with a good guy o. If I hear say I no recognise....tonguewink
hmmm..
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: i'm d best guy for her..

Sent from my car engine V8

Mascot take note!

grin grin grin grin grin

Love your barb.

I was going to develop one of my own about my phone being "Sent from my i-jebu 8 made in Iperu", to ridicule him, until I saw yours.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Truckpusher(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
you are on point.I can still remember how many times some wannabe badboyz got them a$$ whooped by me,sometimes they came too close and got more than what they bargained for...but whatever,it's nice to be a nice guy
RudySmith:

So u don't remember what u wrote? U wrote about how strong tough men were back in the days bla bla bla, and compared that with bad boys. I am just making u understand that there is a big difference between a strong guy and a bad boy.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Caseless: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin

Love your barb.

I was going to develop one of my own about my phone being "Sent from my i-jebu 8 made in Iperu", to ridicule him, until I saw yours.
hahaha...i beat u to that. Na the new trend...join the train..
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Truckpusher(m): 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
ARE YOU SAYING THAT WOMEN DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT?
obadiah777: WOMEN UNDER THE AGE OF 60 DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT. THEY WANT A NICE GUY BUT WHEN THEY GET ONE HE IS TOO BORING. SO THEY WANT A HAPPENING GUY ABOUT TOWN WHO IS POPULAR. WHEN THEY GET HIM AND THEY SEE HE IS NOT AS COMMITTED TO THEM AS THE NICE GUY THEN THEY WANT THE NICE GUY BACK. WHEN THEY GET THE NICE GUY BACK, AFTER A FEW MONTHS HE IS BORING. NOW THEY WANT AN ACTION MAN ETC ETC ETC. cry
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Caseless: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
1ndidi2:

Car engine kwa grin
my car engine na V8 evn thou as na beatle e be.

Sent via BLACKBERRY PORSCHE
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
If what u mean by nice guy is a "caring", "supportive", "respectful", "generous" guy and what u mean by a bad guy is "dangerously sexy", "intelligent", "don't-mess-with-me" kind of guy, then PLEASE kindly pass one to me!
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Redman44(m): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
You can say what you like about nice guys, but the truth is that many nice guys are accomplished people. They are often geeks or serious people who tend to become very successful in their fields and careers. You can't really compare nice guys and bad guys when it comes to intelligence and innovation. Many ladies don't really know what they want in life. I know what I want in life and I'm a nice guy. Being nice does not mean being stupid. Cheers.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he is in addition good looking and smart, I'll want to marry him.
Unfortunately, this combination is hard to find because hamdsome men get carried away easily which messes them up. My personal opinion.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by lolaluv1(f): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
paranorman:
this is one smart bad gurl... 'Lola to badt'. But it's gud 4 a nice guy to b firm.shikena.

I'm not bad o. Lol.
I just recognise and appreciate a good egg when I see one. I don't need the whole badboy nonsense in my life.
Good guys can be exciting, it's just a matter of unearthing the goodies he has buried within.

But I noticed that bad girls really know how to select sha. For real.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
ronkebp:

I think it depends on how you play the game....before i even answer, what is your definition of being nice? you can be nice and still be full of fun. Everyone likes fun.

Let me help the OP with the description.

Who else is best in a position to do it other than me, when I have a PhD in Womantology and MA with High Distinctions in Ashaworism? undecided

Bad guy
- When he approaches you, he is quite self-assured and knows what to say to develop a conversation.
- Meeting up with him, he is not quick to show you he likes you, he makes you work a little for that privilege. He does not put you on a pedestal for you being attractive, you have to show him you are worthy of his time to like you.
- In a relationship, he is the type to say he loves you first only once every 2 weeks; other times he is only replying to you saying it.
- He is very confident and to some extent passively arrogant.
- Women are strongly attracted to him and he is quite a prolific flirt when he wants to be. His instinctive reaction to a fine woman is to flirt even if it does not end in sleeping with her or he does not want to sleep with her. He is just a natural and experienced flirt, and damn good at it.
- He has no fine and sexy female friends because historically it has always ended up with them being in his bed or fooling around, so he only has female relatives and not-great-looking girls as friends.
- He has had 7 main girlfriends with relationship length ranging from 8 months to 3 years and he has had numerous flings/one-night-stands/fck buddies/friends with very good benefits (nothing outrageous in number, maybe like 30 girls).
- He cheated on 4 of his ex-girlfriends but that did not include the 2 he has had the longest relationship with (of 3 and 2.5 years), he was faithful to the longer term girlfriends.
- 50% of his ex-girlfriends/flings are superhot.
- Sees a woman as the weaker sex and likes to be in charge.
- When you decide to test the boundaries as all women do, he is willing to tell you off. If you don't back down, he is even more assertive and confrontational and does not resist letting you know he is the boss. If you maintain offensive behaviour after that, he can employ hard tactics of ignoring you until you get your head out of your arsse and give a full apology.
- You know only about 50% of what is on his mind, there is still some mystery to him.
- Has a passively or actively dominant personality when with other men. He knows how to control them without them knowing he is controlling them and they like him even though some feel intimidated or see him as a threat.
- Normally calm but not averse to being confrontational and telling even guys off to their face if needs be.
- Quiet but respectful with strangers. Just says hi and continues what he is doing or wants to do except they talk to him or he has a duty to mix with them (e.g. he is a host in a party).
- He is self-centred (not selfish), he focuses on what he wants when with other guys (e.g. he would go first for the finest girl even if one of his friends is already oggling her and will die to have her but is scared of making a move).
- Selfish in bed 70% of the time but the 30% he decides to please you, you are like "What the Bleep did you just do to me? WHOOOO!". He has fabulous experience and knows what he is doing when he is interested (30% of the time).

Nice guy
- When he approaches you, he is quite nervous and just gives out complements so you like him.
- Meeting up with him, he is quick to show you he likes you, he makes every effort to show you that you would mean the world to him and he would be loyal.
- In a relationship, he is the type to say he loves you first at least 4 times a week even without you saying it.
- He is normal and quite humble
- Women see him as a nice guy and someone safe to talk to as a friend.
- He has lots of fine and sexy female friends who like him as a friend but do not see him in a sexual way.
- He has had 2 main girlfriends with relationship length 3 years each, and 2 other attempts at relationship that never worked (lasted 6 months with only holding hands). He has never cheated on a girl before because he is not capable (game) and he is not willing (conscience).
- He goes out with average looking girls, no superhot hot or fine girl.
- Sees a woman as his equal and does not feel he has the right to tell her anything, it is 50-50.
- When you decide to test the boundaries as all women do, he wants to negotiate and appease you. If you don't back down, he becomes nervous and keeps quiet so as not to offend you further and to end the argument. If you maintain your offensive behaviour after that, he starts apologising and pampering you till you stop.
- You know him in-out and can even predict his next move/comment before he makes it.
- He is friendly and willing to please when with other guys. Guys see him as a nice guy and are nice to him.
- Will avoid confrontation with other guys at all cost. He would smile, acquiesce and try and douse any heated atmosphere even when he is not at fault.
- Eager to be nice to strangers. He greats them and tries to mix with them. He wants to please and be friends all the time.
- He is altruistic, he focuses on pleasing other guys (e.g. he would go and deliver a message to the finest girl for one of his friends who is already oggling her and will die to have her but is scared of making a move, even though he likes the girl too).
- Steady and average in bed 100% of the time. Willing to please and asking what you like.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
I'm not really a fan of labels.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Caseless: 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
carefreewannabe: YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he is in addition good looking and smart, I'll want to marry him.

i'm all here look no further...

Aired by CHANNELS TV
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Caseless: 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Yield: I'm not really a fan of labels.
english! Hmmm...u got me thinking of record labels...

Sent by BLACKBERRY PORSCHE
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
[quote author=caseless] i'm all here look no further...

Aired by CHANNELS TV[/quote
smiley

I see no photo in your ID.

smiley

And I don't know if you REALLY are a nice gentleman. Have we met before?
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Caseless: 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
carefreewannabe:

smiley

I see no photo in your ID.
my pics were stolen by the desperate nairaland gals who are longing to have me e.g idowuogbo...

SOURCE: NAIRALAND TEAM
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Caseless: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
carefreewannabe: [/quote][quote author=carefreewannabe]
indeed, i'am a gentleman...let's make it happen.

Sent by NICEGUY
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: indeed, i'am a gentleman...let's make it happen.

Sent by NICEGUY

that's not enough ... nice + handsome + smart wink

BTW, I never search for men online ... no need to smiley
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: e.g. idowuogbo
So you never learn from Toyin Hamzat matter? smh
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by adaemetu(f): 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
grin
Sagamite:

You meet them, you just don't notice them.

Your attention is focused on the bad, dangerous-looking boy. tongue grin

Lol. For real. The nice one's I have met are already hooked up!
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Adamo84(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
uj_sizzle: I'll take the key word as 'date'

Nope.
I like 'em baaad, really bad.
You know leather wearing-scruffy boots-countless tattoos-wicked grin-scraggy beard-tight pinchable bum-gutter language-azzz grabbing-rough kissing-weed smoking-power bike riding-dark shades wearing-dimpled cheek-gang banging-devilishly handsome- kinda bad grin.
Too bad we don't have this here.

But I'll only take a nice-not boring guy to see dad smiley.
can't stop laughing at this post, where did you erupt from?
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Michky: 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
DailyNews:

lovely analysis.... smiley, you must be a historian I presume wink
Thanks. err..historian? Yeah. I can pass for one. The past holds so many lessons.
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 22, 2012
2 me, there r diffrnt kinda nice guy. We hav d nice nice, mumu nice, sabi sabi nice, i d'nt care nice, idiot nice, more than nice, rich nice, poor nice, local nice, literate nice, illetrate nice, i no send u nice, i too knw nice, pretender nice! Which kinda nice r u talkng abt? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy? by InvertedHammer: 1:22am On Nov 22, 2012
Poor guys are always nice because poverty erodes self-esteem. It is a trade off.

They tend to overcompensate, which ladies may misunderstand as being nice. Give the dude N10 million only
and he will get in touch with his inner A#s-hole and become a full-fledged jerk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Costly Mistake Many Men Make When Choosing A Marriage Partner / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? / Indian Man Impregnated His 13 Wives At Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.