Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

happy families are the best - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / happy families are the best (1273 Views)

Are Guys Intimidated By Girls Who Come Powerful Families? / When Both Families Oppose Your Relationship / Is It Okay For A Single Lady To Live On Her Own Or With Her Families. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

happy families are the best by Kzinne: 12:15am On Nov 21, 2012
Happy families are the best.
Re: happy families are the best by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 21, 2012
Happiness will matter, ignore and build with your wife.since you are comfortable you will move into the upper class with hard work.
Re: happy families are the best by Ryabcool(m): 1:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Is it just me or is this story just another concoction to gain traffic? I wouldn't be surprised if this thread hits front page
Re: happy families are the best by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2012
rmember dat sayin ''all dat glitters is not GOLD''. U most not giv in wit wat ur parent re sayin, dey wont b there when d catacata start to surface. So stay with ur fiancee.
Re: happy families are the best by jigwe101: 7:47am On Nov 21, 2012
You are the one that will be living till death do u part with this woman. If u want to live your life to please your parents because of their shallowness and greed, go ahead. Keep in mind that your fiance will move on and marry a guy that has some guts to say no.
Re: happy families are the best by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2012
stick to ur fiancee...marriage is a union between 2 pple, and u will be the one who will have to deal with consequences that come with it, not ur family
Re: happy families are the best by Exponental(m): 7:52am On Nov 21, 2012
Even if u are jobless, dont succumb. Moreso, u work n she works. There is no advice needed here......USE UR HEAD!
Re: happy families are the best by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kzinne,

Like others have said, I will also join in to say stick to your fiancee. Your family is money conscious(I'm sorry for saying this); trading their son's destiny, future, peace of mind, health for a "morsel of porridge".

I know deep within you, your mind is set on marrying your fiancee, you only want to read other people's comment to help buttress your stand; now you have it!

Hasn't it occurred to your people:
*How she could be single till that age?
*The source of her money.
*Her intention to marry a younger man(she wants a gigolo) etc

Please go ahead with your decision; when you start making money, they will come around. Money is their weak point.

1 Like

Re: happy families are the best by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
Dude,be a man and follow your heart...Never marry 4 money and never marry out of pressure. Stick to ur guns and marry your fiancee against their wish. Your family might hate u,carry out their threats buh u might live an entire life of regret if u marry that oldie!
Re: happy families are the best by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
Marry the woman in her 40's, make your family happy, make them rich with her money, run errands for your wife then come home everyday crying where no one will console you for the rest of your miserable life. . . Olodo.

Wait, i am coming to choose for you since I'll live with her with you. See how money got you all confused. A whole self acclaimed MAN like you. . . Glorified houseboy!

1 Like

Re: happy families are the best by chronique(m): 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
So u need advice for this? An u're supposed to be a man? For u to even ask this,means u're a weakling. My own father once tried to force me to date a girl I didnt like & I didnt act in a diplomatic way when telling him I wasnt interested. I told him & the girl off with a straight face. Do so now! It's ur life to live.

2 Likes

Re: happy families are the best by Teejayphillip(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bros, what else du u need? U ave a promising Job @ hand,likewise ur wife alzo... And its nt lik ur WIFE will b a LIABILITY to u...

U guyz are stil young,and u can build ur life around ursef... Money coms and go,bur love stays 4 life..

The word LOVE entails evrytin money,house etc.... Be wise bro
Re: happy families are the best by Latrice699gmailcom(f): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
Kzinne: I need your advise please. I met my wife to be back in the university. We were in the same department and one thing led to another and we fell in love. After school i got a job in a bank and she also got a job in a bank. We started planning towards marriage after i proposed to her. Our families met as per the introduction and a wedding date was fixed. However my uncle came to my office and introduced a woman to me. Shes in her forties and he says the family prefers her to be my wife. I was beyond words. I asked my parents and they also agreed with my uncle. They insist this woman would make a better wife since shes very wealthy and they dont want me to marry on a suffering note. I refused but they stood their ground saying they wouldnt be part of my marriage to my present fiancee. The wealthy woman has gone ahead to buy a house in our both names and has given me one of her business concerns. My fiancee is devastated. Please advise me what do i do?
This is the problem with african families, they believe they can run ur life...geez...feel sorry for u
Re: happy families are the best by Latrice699gmailcom(f): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
Kzinne: I need your advise please. I met my wife to be back in the university. We were in the same department and one thing led to another and we fell in love. After school i got a job in a bank and she also got a job in a bank. We started planning towards marriage after i proposed to her. Our families met as per the introduction and a wedding date was fixed. However my uncle came to my office and introduced a woman to me. Shes in her forties and he says the family prefers her to be my wife. I was beyond words. I asked my parents and they also agreed with my uncle. They insist this woman would make a better wife since shes very wealthy and they dont want me to marry on a suffering note. I refused but they stood their ground saying they wouldnt be part of my marriage to my present fiancee. The wealthy woman has gone ahead to buy a house in our both names and has given me one of her business concerns. My fiancee is devastated. Please advise me what do i do?
This is the problem with african families, they believe they can run ur life...geez...feel sorry for u
Re: happy families are the best by Excellent7(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
Guy, follow your heart do not let anyone "trade" with your affection and future.
Why didn't your Uncle marry a wealthy older woman in his days. Money is not everything, do not let the bling make you "abort" the actualization of your dreams. Ask your folks what how rich your Mum was before your Dad married her, and yet they were able to see you through. Have you tried do dig out how this older woman made her bucks? Guy don't eat what you don't know.
Re: happy families are the best by Flashaldrin(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
This story is faker than iniedo's boobbs!
Re: happy families are the best by Kzinne: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2012
Flashaldrin: This story is faker than iniedo's boobbs!
stop saying what you dont know
Re: happy families are the best by here: 9:50am On Nov 25, 2012
sad you're a male like me.
A real disappointment.
A group of persons that have no respect for you dnt deserve to be called family.Its not like there is a justified reason why they want you to leave who you chose.
Sad it has to be your uncle who has to tell u a family decision.Worse you gave ur fiancee a reason to think you dnt knw a way out.Even being given a part of business.
I dnt preach moralty but really are you sure you are ready for marriage?

(1) (Reply)

Hot Girl At The Grocery Store / IMPOTENCE: Marriage Crashes Over Husband’s Inability To Satisfy Wife In Bed / Choosing Between Two Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.