Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,079 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked (28559 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Chelseafc Sacks Manager Roberto Di Matteo / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
I feel bad for RDM but that's life ooo, we won the Champions League and I believe Chance and the Players'Determination played a big role in that compared to RDM performance.
For the Semi-Final and Final CL "the Gods pulled c.o.c.k from a.s.s" in Quintus Batiatus voice grin tongue , seriously we suffered to win o.
RDM is lucky to have CL in his resume, I don't worry for him cause I am sure with CL baggage, a few big clubs will ask for his services.
Now Torres must go, he is good, but with a 50 million tag on him "good" aint enough. He must go ooo umh, 86 game for 19 goals over 2 years smh
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by megxo(m): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
Fit2Rule: I actually saw it coming! Chelsea lacks the experience to play a "strikerless" game.
huu be d striker angry
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by tribalism(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
Super1759: that's the truth. Even after champion's league. He found it difficult to accept him.
A case for sympathy love/marriage!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Mustay(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
'One Di Matteo' has become 'No Di Matteo'.

Abrahammmmmmmm. . .
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by buJu234: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
sack sack club
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by kpozite(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract. Goodluck to RDM Coach and players come and go. But the club stays. No wonder Roman has been flashing me.
I won't pick his call jare, i refuse to accept his offer to be new Chelsea coach grin grin grin
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Belovedd: 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
Question: What do Chelsea and trains have in common
Answer: They have many coaches.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ehispapa(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
karpentar:

Why should God punish Abramovich? Let's be realistic, RDM's champions league triumph had more to do with luck than tactics. He's not a seasoned coach!
you guys now admit chelsea does not deserve the champions league
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Booty4me: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
grin

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by dopeJemi: 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
ebonyjk7: Please can somebody tell me what are the chances for chelsea to qualify for the knockout stage of UCL?

Chelsea wilL qualify if juventus loses 2 shaktar, n dats nat gonna happen

So I guess its d europa league 4 u guyz
grin
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by danjalingo: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
tyson55: When a manager with a 57% win ratio and a CL win is still deemed not good enough, what realistically classes as success?
80% and above.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by daylae(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
The last UCL was won by the worst team in that competition>>> Chelsea fc. . . probably the luckiest spree in the history of football.

And they've failed to proof otherwise to that assertion.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Gistwitherico(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sia sia is available Abramovich!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by stanleysneak(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Wat kan i say? Goodbye RDM. Datz roman 4 u
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by danjalingo: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
ehispapa:
you guys now admit chelsea does not deserve the champions league
what point have you made?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by danjalingo: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
[quote author=daylae]The last UCL was won by the worst team in that competition>>> Chelsea fc. . . probably the luckiest spree in the history of football.
success is 99% hardwork and 1% luck.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by tosan200(m): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
Super1759: am very happy with the sack, RDM makes senseless subs.
*Against westbrom, he benched his good player,until 70mins he woke up.
*he likes fighting from back,
*imagine his subs against juve, torres for mikel
Infact let him go,I lost 10k yestady!
why dont u go and do a better job if u think u are better than rdm
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by mskata(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
True talk

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
jigawatts: The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract .....
Goodluck to RDM

Coach and players come and go..... But the club stays.

#CHELSEA
and i pray dat u get d same fate wit ur own job too.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
lucenzo: Wiki to bad. Truth is this that abram never wanted him the first place and they just saw an opportunity to fire him. God will punish abramovich.
amen
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by tosan200(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
pro01: Those of you that are insulting Abramovich and calling him "ungrateful" are dumb cows! Especially those of you that claim to be Chelsea fans!!! What do you mean by ungrateful? Did Di Matteo do Roman any favours? Or was it the other way round? Some of us have said it from the beginning that Di Matteo is NOT good enough for Chelsea, and that the club's Champion's League triumph was absolutely down to luck rather than to Di Matteo's Managerial abilities. Now that has been vindicated, and yet some so-called Chelsea fans are reacting emotionally. Emotions didn't take Chelsea to the top, and emotions certainly wouldn't keep Chelsea at the top!.

Roman Abramovich is the ONLY reason why Chelsea is a top team, he is the ONLY reason why most of you are chelsea fans to begin with. The man spends billions of his own money, and has big ambitions for the club. If it takes sacking coaches every month for him to achieve or maintain the standard he wants for the club, then any real Chelsea fan should be happy about that - as long as it keeps us as title contenders, rather than confine us to perennial also rans like Arsenal. Who wants to be like Arsenal that has been patient with Arsene Wenger and has won NOTHING for the last seven years? Rubbish! Try being patient with your OWN money. Don't tell Roman how to be patient with his money.

As long as Roman wants the very best for the club, the fans must remain grateful to him. We owe him everything. Daddy knows best!!!
what you are implying is that because sheik mansour bought man city who were in midtable,gives him the right to sack mancini because he did not qualify mancity for the second stage of ucl,ur baba olowo need spiritual cleansing,demons are affecting his heads.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
Torres have played under six sacked managers. He needs deliverance. Tb joshua over to u. Lol
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you chelsea fan...cos you sound like one right now.

Absolutely..!!

Though not a regular on this section.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by millhouse: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abramovich has always been good for Chelsea and will continue to beRoberto came in under very difficult circumstances and what he did wonderfully well was stabilise the ship, get the dressing room motivated, got the players playing for him and obviously the success was richly deserved.However, Roberto like every other manager, is in the results business. You can get away with bad results if the team is playing well but the fact is that he wasn't getting results and the team wasn't playing well.However, Roberto like every other manager, is in the results business. You can get away with bad results if the team is playing well but the fact is that he wasn't getting results and the team wasn't playing well.Di Matteo's departure leaves Chelsea searching for their ninth manager in the nine years since Russian billionaire Abramovich took over.The club have enjoyed great success in that period, winning three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups and the Champions League.If you look at the sackings and offset it against the success, they are justified.The most important thing is that decisions are made in the best interests of the club and I think the owner and the board are doing that. The results prove they have been the right decisions.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by bashydemy(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
I know this will happen, I told my friend few months ago that RDM wont last in Chelsea and wont be at the Bridge till december and they taught i was joking until i am laughing at them today. United for life
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by chessguru(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
Chelsea is finished.... simple ... Juve was the bomb yesterday. grin grin
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by dabossman(m): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
Please, is it safe to start referring to Chelsea as former european champions? grin grin grin
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sybellah: I feel bad for RDM but that's life ooo, we won the Champions League and I believe Chance and the Players'Determination played a big role in that compared to RDM performance.
For the Semi-Final and Final CL "the Gods pulled c.o.c.k from a.s.s" in Quintus Batiatus voice grin tongue , seriously we suffered to win o.
RDM is lucky to have CL in his resume, I don't worry for him cause I am sure with CL baggage, a few big clubs will ask for his services.
Now Torres must go, he is good, but with a 50 million tag on him "good" aint enough. He must go ooo umh, 86 game for 19 goals over 2 years smh
i tot u guys were comparing him wit d likes of arsene wenger and ferguson. Smal boi lyk him
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by mikayj: 6:45am On Nov 22, 2012
RDM shud know dat better coaches hired by chelsea were sacked talkless him dat shud b used to pick ball by touchline, abeg make him go chop d one wey him don make.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by jigawatts(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Dygeasy: [/color]I only love your signature...it cracked me up!

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by mbulela: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Not Abramovic per se.
Chelsea's trophies were all won, directly or indirectly, by Jose Mourinho. He built the Chelsea team that continued to win, even after he was sacked.
Or how else do you explain the fact that players bought after he left have failed to click for Chelsea, or deliver anything? They always defaulted to Drogba or Lampard. Even Terry.
Of the three you mentioned only Drogba was bought by Mou.
Lampard was bought by Tinkerman and Terry was a youth team player. So i think Mou impact is slightly exaggerated in that sense.
I think the reason why the players and club by extension has failed to click after Mou is the lack of stability at the club. The club feels like a yoyo thing. How can you click in such an environment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Skye Bank's Managing Director's Wife Picking Her Nose / Everton Vs Chelsea - (1 - 0) On 12th December 2020 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.