Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked (28531 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Chelseafc Sacks Manager Roberto Di Matteo / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by BeraBera(f): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
otumfour: MICHAEL ESSIEN'S REACTION WHEN HE HEARD THE NEWS

This guy's face looks like Abubakar Shekau's face

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
aryzgreat: RDM brot this upon himself. Y use Toress all d time when he cant score? imagine the substitute of yesterday? Mikel out for toress? immediately Mikel left, the midfield collapsed, no body to spread the killing passes. Wot impact did torress make yestday? F/u/c/k RDM! F/U/c/K Toress!

what are you saying man? even when Mikel was on the pitch, who was he supposed to make the killer pass to?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Eifeh(m): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Not surprise.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by LesbianBoy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
Nashville:

The first part of your post was good. RDM was not doing anybody favours by winning, and yes you need some luck to win the Champions league. But the truth is that sacking managers after a few defeats is not how to run a club. The team started very well this season and is going through some problems, that does not warrant a sack. 9 managers in 9 years speaks volumes about Abrahamovich.

Man City has spent more than Chelsea and all they have to show for it is one league win and one FA cup, yet Mancini still has a job and they are improving. What Abrahamovich needs to understand is that money cannot just buy trophies. Trophies are not sold on the cabinet. It requires sometime for a team to build and mature no matter how much you've spent.

Mourinho won the title back to back and didn't win the third year, yet he got fired! Acelotti won the double yet he go fired the next year. These things happen, last year Man Utd didnt win anything, neither did Arsenal and even Barca won only Copa Del Rey.
Fine. But MONEY can buy the right people that would help WIN the trophies. NO? Take a look at chelsea before, Some of us that have been watching EPL for long, know that chelsea were like everton and fulham that are always happy if they finish 6th or 7th in the table. but immediately abramovich came on board with his money, used his money to buy drogba and other GOOD/RIGHT players and coach(mourinho) they instantly won the EPL cup back-2-back, instantly they became among the 'BIG FOUR' in the EPL! So tell me is that not money at work

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by LesbianBoy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by BeraBera(f): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
NUMBERS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
Do you know that Lionel Messi's 80-goal haul in 2012 is more than the number of goals scored by some teams (or in certain competitions).
1) AC-Milan has scored 76 times this year.
2) 76 goals were scored in the Euro-2012 tournament that involved 16 teams.
3) Malaga has only scored 62 times this year.
INCREDIBLE! from a perspective.
EMBARASSING from another.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by wengerjay(m): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
tchaik: Claudio Ranieri: Sep 2000 to May 2004
• Jose Mourinho: Jun 2004 to Sep 2007
• Avram Grant: Sep 2007 to May 2008
• Luiz Felipe Scolari: Jul 2008 to Feb 2009
• Guus Hiddink: Feb 2009 to May 2009
• Carlo Ancelotti: Jun 2009 to May 2011
• Andre Villas-Boas: Jun 2011 to Mar 2012
• Roberto Di Matteo: Mar 2012 to Nov 2012

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT?
You mean the next victim?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by franchizy(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: This is arrant nonsense.
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler and a big hediot, not to talk of how ungrateful he is,
he better not bring Benitez
Inshort I think its time I give a 2nd thought to decamping.
Don't they even know these type of things affect the players and their performance in a negative light?
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?

That is Chelsea way, u better decamp to Man United and have peace of mind
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Wadosky(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
4bobo: [b]WOW, In as much as chelsea fan, i was thinking yesterday that this man will loose his job sooner than later.But to be serious, the coaches are not the problem, it is this abramovich or what ever he calls himself. he is just gambling with coaches and uses them as a scape goat.bring the best coaches in the world to coach cfc together with the same set of players, you will still be beaten,blue black many times. How can you expect a team with no, at least 3 strikers to perform? A team that mid fielders and defenders are the top scorers? a team that sold all their best, experienced players like lampard and drogba with non sense excuses (go and ask baba ferguson why he still kept giggs and co? and see when this guy enter the field, what the game will look like within short period of time), you dont expect such team to perform any where,any time, any day continously.
I dont watch chelsea matches lately because it always rises my blood pressure, infact, i prefare and enjoy arsenal and man u matches because you might have predicted what the end point will be and all the way,fun.
now, he will want to hire guadiola. if am the man, i will think twice before i work with him. NON SENSE
[/b]
Imagine how boring the league will be if you were to predict all the results of matches,just like real madrid and barcelona in spain.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by kelvino25(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
executinal: Abramovich is ingrate, RDM made history with Chelsea by winning the Champion league and Chelsea made profit of 1.4 million pounds. So what does this stupid man need, if he is the owner of Arsenal, he could have killed Asene Wenger by now. Very bad, though i blame RDM for yesterdays game, how can you use 4 defenders and five midfielder and no attacker very laughable grin grin

Anyway RDM best of luck and i wish you fast job QPR will come looking for you now.
You could have fought for Drogba, because Tores is just shiit.
Dude Chelsea football club is not a charity organisation. Result is a yardstick for measuring success not sentiment. Cheers
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by binbass(m): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
afam4eva: @Topic
That's what you get when you have a business man controlling a club. Chelsea has appointed some of the best coaches in the world which includes Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti and Guis Hiddink and they were all sacked. I wonder what sort of coach they're looking for. They need to get an Akpu coach that will understand their Akpu players.
They didnt sacked Guus hiddink. olodo
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Dygeasy(m): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
jigawatts: The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract .....
Goodluck to RDM

Coach and players come and go..... But the club stays.

#CHELSEA
I only love your signature...it cracked me up!
jigawatts: The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract .....
Goodluck to RDM

#CHELSEA
Goodluck to RDM

#CHELSEA
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by cbjonstage(m): 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
WHAT A VOLATILE DECISION BY THE ABRAHAMOVICH...he would have exercise patience after the january transfer window to analyse RDM decisions in the market
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Dygeasy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
[/color]
Goodluck to RDM

#CHELSEA
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by wengerjay(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
The best coach Mikel has ever had.Mikel's future in Chelsea is on the line.Pray for Mikel today.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
footreja: I pity Di matteo. Torres killed him.

Not just Torres alone, but the entire Chelsea team needs a total overhauling seriously. Let's face the reality, Chelsea's performance had been so so disheartening, and they now play the same system of game like Nigeria's Super Eagles, how

Chelsea lack attacking force, no agility and strength. When their opponent is coming forth, they will never go after him to make him uncomfortbale and possibly pass the ball wrongly or make a wrong move, instead they prefer to be withdrawing backwards towards Chelsea's side to the opponents advantage. If you fail to attack your opponent, he will have more power and chance to dribble you, pass accurately and possibly score you goals.

Let's look at Juventus and their attacking system- very aggressive to the extent that they hardly give their opponent a chance to turn or pass ball to his team member, that is total football. Bercelona also plays this system, and Real Madrid including Shaktar Donesk.

Now, lets talk about the the forward- Chelsea has no point-man, no key player to hit the ball at the right time. Imagine Oscar finished dribbling, passed the ball and no one to just kick the ball into the open net, so pathetic I must confess.

In this regard, Chelsea needs a fast runner, an all time striker like C. Ronaldo, Muller, Eto (when Eto was Eto), etc and we also need to utilize our wings more, and then we need wingers with fast pace, who can run like Usain Bolt.

Only Ramires has a fast pace in Chelsea and only him shows real football agility to attack and mark the opponents.

Our defence, sighs....the same style of scoring used by Shaktar Donesk was used by Juventus and will still be used by many if Chelsea fail to do something urgently.

Right now, it is not just sacking of Manager that will rescue Chelsea, but we also need more players with skill, pace and agility to attack opponents.

I feel sorry for D M all the same...wishing him the best in wherever he finds himself next.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ACM10: 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Since they gave RDM only one year contract, they should have waited for his contract to elapse before giving him a boot. Abrahamovich is not so smart afterall. I thought that he is an astute businessman. Now that they terminated his contract abruptly, they will pay him his severance package.
I don't know why Chelsea is so impatient with their managers. Sometimes, there will be a dip in the team performance. You just have to exercise patience and hope for a better day. Chelsea should learn from Arsenal. It's evident from the outset that RDM is not so popular among Chelsea board of directors. The man should simply rest for a year and enjoy his goodies.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ghettodreamz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Eseries: hehehehe!
clubs and their SUGAR DADDIES!
is amazing how a football club will be one man's toy
it doesn't happen to BIG CLUBS anyway!
BIG CLUBS don't have SUGAR DADDIES........They have LEGENDS
YNWA!

GBAM
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Emmascobiz: 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
What do you expect in a place where there is no job security.,.,.,...,.,..SACK.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by kolaoloye(m): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
BeraBera: Haba! See how these MAN-U and arsenal boys are jubilating and making fun.
Whatever happens, I'm still a strong Chelsea fan! I bet you, the new manager will shock the world! Don't sayi did not tell you
grin grin I like dreamers grin grin
Keep it up.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Super1759: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
ACM10: Since they gave RDM only one year contract, they should have waited for his contract to elapse before giving him a boot. Abrahamovich is not so smart afterall. I thought that he is an astute businessman. Now that they terminated his contract abruptly, they will pay him his severance package.
I don't know why Chelsea is so impatient with their managers. Sometimes, there will be a dip in the team performance. You just have to exercise patience and hope for a better day. Chelsea should learn from Arsenal. It's evident from the outset that RDM is not so popular among Chelsea board of directors. The man should simply rest for a year and enjoy his goodies.
he was given two years contract oga
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Wadosky(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
A contract agreement was reached between rdm n the owners of chelsea to get the club to a top four finish and at least a semi final in champions league,rdm took the offer meaning he understood the terms and the working enviroment.along the line the contract was breached by a shaky CL outing and what do you expect from the employer?to bring in sentiments?
Now players like sturridge n pooress has questionable commitments to the club,pooress saying in the past he sometimes cared less if chelsea win or loose,you don't expect somebody that is to be sold in january to be fully committed to a teams course that's sturridge for you.
RDM should have resigned honorably when things or the conditions of his contract were not been met.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by iwanchop(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
RDM is a 'small' coach for Chealse's calibre;his status as Chealsea's coach was an aberration.His UCL feat was a fluke;he didnt win it through tactics,dexterity or artistry,he was just lucky.Chealsea is not where u build ur career but a place where u use what u ve leanrt somewhere to build d team
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Shenez: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Roman is stupid sorry to say this RMD thank for d champIon league it make me boast in d mist of gunners fans.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
LesbianBoy:
Fine. But MONEY can buy the right people that would help WIN the trophies. NO? Take a look at chelsea before, Some of us that have been watching EPL for long, know that chelsea were like everton and fulham that are always happy if they finish 6th or 7th in the table. but immediately abramovich came on board with his money, used his money to buy drogba and other GOOD/RIGHT players and coach(mourinho) they instantly won the EPL cup back-2-back, instantly they became among the 'BIG FOUR' in the EPL! So tell me is that not money at work

And some of us have been watching football before there was a premier league. We know what money can do as can be seen it Chelsea and Man City. But the point is that you cannot win all the time. RDM won two trophies last season with an aging team on the verge of collapse. You can call it luck but he did win two trophies last season so give him some credit. Must he be fired for loosing a few matches.

Mourinho started this season poorly, why was he not fired. You cannot win all the time. And if you keep firing coaches, you will never get a great team. Mancini has not achived what RDM did with Chelsea last year and he still has a job after three years! Lest we forget, Man City has spent more than Chelsea! How many great coaches are there in the world sef?

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
I'm so dissapointed wit dis news. I can't see a better future wit any new coach. De matteo is lacking bt he's improvin daily. Pls re-hire Jose or let Di matteo continue is job.it's only a foli~sh coach dat will accept d job. Abram is a big svcker. What a big shiit!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ollyndjeda(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ómó see views ! ! !
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abrahamovic is just erratic. He has no football sense. I still think RDM is a slightly above average coach.
The biggest mistake Abrahamovic made was sacking Ancelotti. And the funny thing was that some Chelsea fans supported the move. More troble for Chelsea cheesy
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by kruku: 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
Goodluck to RDM

#CHELSEA
Broda you more than correct. I saw this coming. I told my chelsea Fans long time ago say notin dey for this tehir coach even thou he take luck win campion league.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
This is crazy, a coach that won the Champions League and FA Cup last season. He is trying to build a new team with a new brand of football.

Wish RDM the best.
cry
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Zikdik(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: This is arrant nonsense.
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler and a big hediot, not to talk of how ungrateful he is,
he better not bring Benitez
Inshort I think its time I give a 2nd thought to decamping.
Don't they even know these type of things affect the players and their performance in a negative light?
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?
Maybe u have a crush on RDM,I mean,he's a cute guy.Or,what else could explain dis fiery-looking post? wink
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
k2039:

You better stop deceiving yourself,it's his money
don't mind the fool!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CSKA Moscow Vs Arsenal: Europa League (2 - 2) On 12th April 2018 / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? / Skye Bank's Managing Director's Wife Picking Her Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.