Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Roberto Di Matteo Sacked - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked (28026 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Chelseafc Sacks Manager Roberto Di Matteo / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Eh this is sad, i knew Torres will cost him is job sad sad,
Oh well good luck RDM
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by AlterEgoTM: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
This boils down to one person not doing his job, Fernando Torres! Had he been scoring goals proportionately to the numerous chances he gets, we would not be here.
Torres na soponna go kee you o!!
Iwo oloriburuku yi. angry sad
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by AjanleKoko: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Roman shouldn't have given RDM a contract in the first place. Which is really the problem with Chelsea. The club doesn't really have the thinking of a big club. It's just driven by one man's ego, and no real philosophy or long-term institutional goals.

Remember Jupp Heynckes and Real Madrid in 1998? That's what big clubs do. The man didn't deliver to the level Madrid wanted, and they fired him at the end of the season, despite his winning the Champions' League that year.

Giving RDM a contract was merely for sentimental reasons. Look at what City owners are doing, using Mancini to take the club to a certain level. Once they are satisfied, they will throw him out and get someone like Pep or Mourinho to start a project. Most likely Pep, since they already hired most of the Barca think-tank from the Laporta era. City will be the biggest club in the EPL, second only to United, in half a decade, at the rate they're going.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by ujchief(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
femi4: below expectation...u mean to type.
See wetin anger dey cause gringrin
thanks my bros, edited.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Ninilowo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
jigawatts: The truth is, Roman neva wanted Di Matteo, its just the emotion behind him winning the Champions League dat made him get d contract .....
Goodluck to RDM

Coach and players come and go..... But the club stays.

#CHELSEA
That is just it. He s been eyeing Pep since.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by shadrach77: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
the fact that the defending champions are struggling to go past the first stage shows that RDM'S performance last season was a fluke. He needed to go cool
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Humphreydis(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
executinal: Abramovich is ingrate, RDM made history with Chelsea by winning the Champion league and Chelsea made profit of 1.4 million pounds. So what does this stupid man need, if he is the owner of Arsenal, he could have killed Asene Wenger by now. Very bad, though i blame RDM for yesterdays game, how can you use 4 defenders and five midfielder and no attacker very laughable grin grin

Anyway RDM best of luck and i wish you fast job QPR will come looking for you now.
You could have fought for Drogba, because Tores is just shiit.
....my frnd shut up if u dnt have anytin gud 2 say!..na im money,u dnt have 2 tell a buisness man hw 2 run his bizness or spend his money.He worked 4 it..if e dey pain u carry plate go road nd start doin bambi allah..Ofeke!
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Plzzzzz...........Who Is The Next Victim?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abra-Hammer-O-Witch, number 1 striker for Chelsea. No need to buy striker, Roman is enough.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
What's the noise about? - every loyal Chelsea fan knew Di Matteo won't last long anyway... He's a good coach, no doubt - however, Chelsea is too big for him... We spent a lot this summer. Tbh we should be playing better than we're atm, and yesterday's loss is unacceptable... Pepe Guardiola is our man!!!

Thanks for last years Champions League and all the best in future, mate... You're still a Chelsea legend! wink
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
shadrach77: the fact that the defending champions are struggling to go past the first stage shows that RDM'S performance last season was a fluke. He needed to go cool

It wasn't a fluke - the almighty Didier Drogba won it for us!! 8
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by pat077: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
i pity Mikel.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by millhouse: 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
Abramovich didn't use emotions or sentiments to get to where he is today . Coughing out 100million pounds in the tranfer windows this season , speaks of what is expected in terms of result . RDM was offered a guranteed 1year contract after which another team coach will be appointed , RDM refused opting for 2yrs and option of being fired anytime results are not being produced which is his fate today . Thats why he openly took the blame for the Juve results .
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by borie4u(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
u guys abusin abrahmovic 4 sackin dat coach should answer dis question.will a coach decide not 2 use a goalkeeper cos he is not in form n decides 2 use a player instead.well rdm shot himself on d leg by usin mata 2 strike.even me can not do dat mistake
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Sagamite(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
AjanleKoko: Roman shouldn't have given RDM a contract in the first place. Which is really the problem with Chelsea. The club doesn't really have the thinking of a big club. It's just driven by one man's ego, and no real philosophy or long-term institutional goals.

Remember Jupp Heynckes and Real Madrid in 1998? That's what big clubs do. The man didn't deliver to the level Madrid wanted, and they fired him at the end of the season, despite his winning the Champions' League that year.

Giving RDM a contract was merely for sentimental reasons. Look at what City owners are doing, using Mancini to take the club to a certain level. Once they are satisfied, they will throw him out and get someone like Pep or Mourinho to start a project. Most likely Pep, since they already hired most of the Barca think-tank from the Laporta era. City will be the biggest club in the EPL, second only to United, in half a decade, at the rate they're going.

Roman is a man in his 30s that has never worked in or run an efficient business and it shows.

The guy just jam money by being fortunately in a corrupt network.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by irecruit(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
I am not surprised
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Akieagle: 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
I believed he should have sacked him long before, not now
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by yemstok(m): 1:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
CHELSEA:the only club dat changes managers like pampers....wen one is messed,d mother replaces it.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Mascotlawman: 1:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
if u are always on chelsea, it will always affect ur sense of judgement. So dnt blame Ibra. Ask chelsea fans that take sepe(ogogoro,sapele water) how far.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
AlterEgo™:
This boils down to one person not doing his job, Fernando Torres! Had he been scoring goals proportionately to the numerous chances he gets, we would not be here.
Torres na soponna go kee you o!!
Iwo oloriburuku yi. angry sad

undecided?
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by AjanleKoko: 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
millhouse: Abramovich didn't use emotions or sentiments to get to where he is today . Coughing out 100million pounds in the tranfer windows this season , speaks of what is expected in terms of result . RDM was offered a guranteed 1year contract after which another team coach will be appointed , RDM refused opting for 2yrs and option of being fired anytime results are not being produced which is his fate today . Thats why he openly took the blame for the Juve results .

That's half a perspective. But your premise is faulty if you assume Abramovic is all-knowing because he has money.

If Roman wants a long-term legacy for his club, he has to do the planning much better.
He can't always hire and fire. He's fast losing credibility in the market, and the best coaches won't want to work with him. It's similar to Adenuga in the telecom industry. He's got lots of money, but the best brains in the industry don't want to work with him, thereby making his outfit look flaky, despite investing billions of dollars on Glo-1 and other similar projects.

He shouldn't even have hired RDM in the first place. I'm sure he did because he could not really find a world-class coach in the time he had. Not because of the CL-winning sentiment.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Dayet777(m): 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
4bobo: [b]WOW, In as much as chelsea fan, i was thinking yesterday that this man will loose his job sooner than later.But to be serious, the coaches are not the problem, it is this abramovich or what ever he calls himself. he is just gambling with coaches and uses them as a scape goat.bring the best coaches in the world to coach cfc together with the same set of players, you will still be beaten,blue black many times. How can you expect a team with no, at least 3 strikers to perform? A team that mid fielders and defenders are the top scorers? a team that sold all their best, experienced players like lampard and drogba with non sense excuses (go and ask baba ferguson why he still kept giggs and co? and see when this guy enter the field, what the game will look like within short period of time), you dont expect such team to perform any where,any time, any day continously.
I dont watch chelsea matches lately because it always rises my blood pressure, infact, i prefare and enjoy arsenal and man u matches because you might have predicted what the end point will be and all the way,fun.
now, he will want to hire guadiola. if am the man, i will think twice before i work with him. NON SENSE
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by yemstok(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sybellah: Eh this is sad, i knew Torres will cost him is job sad sad,
Oh well good luck RDM

point of correction miss "I knew torres would cost him his job"
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by thelastPope(m): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
DailyNews:

Not just Torres alone, but the entire Chelsea team needs a total overhauling seriously. Let's face the reality, Chelsea's performance had been so so disheartening, and they now play the same system of game like Nigeria's Super Eagles, how

Chelsea lack attacking force, no agility and strength. When their opponent is coming forth, they will never go after him to make him uncomfortbale and possibly pass the ball wrongly or make a wrong move, instead they prefer to be withdrawing backwards towards Chelsea's side to the opponents advantage. If you fail to attack your opponent, he will have more power and chance to dribble you, pass accurately and possibly score you goals.

Let's look at Juventus and their attacking system- very aggressive to the extent that they hardly give their opponent a chance to turn or pass ball to his team member, that is total football. Bercelona also plays this system, and Real Madrid including Shaktar Donesk.

Now, lets talk about the the forward- Chelsea has no point-man, no key player to hit the ball at the right time. Imagine Oscar finished dribbling, passed the ball and no one to just kick the ball into the open net, so pathetic I must confess.

In this regard, Chelsea needs a fast runner, an all time striker like C. Ronaldo, Muller, Eto (when Eto was Eto), etc and we also need to utilize our wings more, and then we need wingers with fast pace, who can run like Usain Bolt.

Only Ramires has a fast pace in Chelsea and only him shows real football agility to attack and mark the opponents.

Our defence, sighs....the same style of scoring used by Shaktar Donesk was used by Juventus and will still be used by many if Chelsea fail to do something urgently.

Right now, it is not just sacking of Manager that will rescue Chelsea, but we also need more players with skill, pace and agility to attack opponents.

I feel sorry for D M all the same...wishing him the best in wherever he finds himself next.

All the things you listed are the coaches responsibility. He is the one that didn't buy striker. He is theone that loaned out lukaku. He is the ome that can't sort out the defence and attack. It is all his fault. He can't blame anyone else. Apart form strikers, Chelsea has about the best squad in tbe PL. Those boys are very good players. Very very good players. Don't forget everyone wanted to buy hazard. I don't like sacking of coaches, but the truth is, RDM made too many mistakes. He didn't look like he knew what he was doing.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Ifilinwa(f): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
If Roman Abramovich was the owner of Arsenal, Wenger shud by now be a cook in some Paris restaurant with 7 years experience

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
Roman Abramovich did the right thing,he took the bold step. RDM can't manage those guys and that's the truth. Chelsea was fortunate to have won the UEFA Champe last season, we Chelsea fans are happy that eventually CFC has done it and brought the trophy to London for the first time. Those who believe last season was a fluke should look for the nearest transformer and give it a romantic hug. For a football club to win UEFA Champions League Trophy, the club must be good and fortunate.....CFC Against NAPOLI no be moin-moin. Chelsea has been unfortunate in Europe for years until we were fortunate and God gave us the trophy, enemies u are on your own....Chelsea shall bounce back......UP BLUES.....CHELSEA FOR EVER.

Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by AlterEgoTM: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
lestat:

undecided?
Yes undecided
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by nosagold(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: This is arrant nonsense.
Abramovich is a blawdy gambler and a big hediot, not to talk of how ungrateful he is,
he better not bring Benitez
Inshort I think its time I give a 2nd thought to decamping.
Don't they even know these type of things affect the players and their performance in a negative light?
Mstcheew.angry
Why am I this pissed?

My dear it wil do you more good if you decamp and βξ watching thes matches from a neutral angle, you were pissed off last 9t bcus of chelsea's poor performance and now you re stil pissed off, we can't allow this football thing Ť☺ be spoiling our mood all d time,
I had Ť☺ decamp from man utd b4 alex ferguson kills ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ with HBP, now I'm clubless and I'm enjoying it, watching my games so freely
We don't gain anything from thes people so I don't see any reason why I should βξ finding myself in a very awful mood wenever we "man utd" get defeated by any lower club.......I almost hit my sister on saturday jux bcus of man utd lost to norwish
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by 2pence(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
They need TB Joshua as Coach...Wait and Take... Bu ha ha ha UP Man U...
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Ifilinwa(f): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
I hope Eva didn't go with him??
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by Akposkool(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
ujchief: When will they sack players like Torres, Terry, Ashley cole, Lampard?? We all knew matteo's feat on last season's Ucl was a fluke, but only a myopic board and owner will fail to see that some players at chelski are performing below expectation.
sack cole and terry.u must be more high dan tonto dikeh.
Re: Roberto Di Matteo Sacked by chidyke77(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
shymexx: What's the noise about? - every loyal Chelsea fan knew Di Matteo won't last long anyway... He's a good coach, no doubt - however, Chelsea is too big for him... We spent a lot this summer. Tbh we should be playing better than we're atm, and yesterday's loss is unacceptable... Pepe Guardiola is our man!!!

Thanks for last years Champions League and all the best in future, mate... You're still a Chelsea legend! wink
Guardiola is nt interested in chelsea job so luks elsewhere,may b benitezhttp://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4078/exclusives/2012/11/21/3544691/guardiola-would-reject-chelsea-approach grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August / Monaco Vs Juventus : UCL (0 - 2) On 3rd May 2017 / Super League: EPL Set To Hold Meeting; Six Breakaway Clubs Not Invited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.