Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate (20105 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
redsun:

Thaa is not higher quality.Cant you see that little boy is obese already.In no time,he may develop type two diabetics ith all those oyinbo sweets they eat uncontrollably.

By "animal", I actually meant those at the zoo, not the president's son o!!! grin grin
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by mu2sa2: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Let's see what "the representatives of the people" will do to this daylight robbery. In any case we all now know more about GEJ than at any time before - this is coming from ASo Rock itself so he cannot claim innocence.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by pius4luv(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nah God go punish them one after the other do u know that people are suffering and some people are lavishing our money just anyhow...criminal leaders,it's hard for a graduate to get a job in this country,the money they said that they are going to give anyone that won you-win or loss,i've not seen anyone that won it,they have already share the money among themself.thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs thiefs
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by cunlay007(m): 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
They should fast like most niaja pep do
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
We will still vote him inn again ,thts nigeria 4 uu
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by ubong560(m): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
B4 nko, if ur president no feed well, u want make him look kwashiokored? U go like am like dat? Him boy self look lik football! U no like am so? Him wife chop so tey she go germany go comot some throw away, den com bak to come chop more and unfortunate enough, since she com bak, d spirit of okija shrine no gree make she d comot go functions again! Him broda chop so tey him join him ancestors to go chop 4 d oda side 3days ago. All they know is food, food and food. Thier dogs no go even gree smell soup wey u dey take waks garri talkless of eating it. Wat a pity! Na him b say dogs beta pass u b dat!

1 Like

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by taharqa: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
Oya, more of the empty complaints o...pound, pound away
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Ellashow: 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
What can we do than 2 say God is watching lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by TariEnoch(m): 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
Lagos_Boi: This one wey person dey find garri chop wey animal dey get millions to chop, I don't think naija will change anytime soon, i better run to syria before the poor starts feeding on the rich
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by ochukoccna: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
When Obafemi Awolowo contested for president in 1979, he was noted to have remarked that only water would be served in the state house and other arms of government because Nigeria was in dire financial straits
I wonder what he would say about today's governance embarassed embarassed
Hmnn! cool cool
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by taharqa: 9:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
ochukoccna: When Obafemi Awolowo contested for president in 1979, he was noted to have remarked that only water would be served in the state house and other arms of government because Nigeria was in dire financial straits
Hmnn! cool cool
You dont mean it? So he said so ehmm or rather was noted to hv said so? So if he had hostd d Prime Minister of Britain on a State dinner, only 'water' wud hv be servd?... Wondaful! He rili was the best President we neva had. See? there I said it.... Keep the empty complaints coming plz guys; pound, pound away..
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by ubong560(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
As u knw, Jesus died so we may live, exactly why u go to bed with empty stomach so dat ur president, his family and some bingos can eat well. GOD BLESS NAIJA, our only country. Now let me hear ur AMEN like a thunder. Lols
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by vandarsar(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
You sounded like one of FEC members!!! lol

SlyIg:
Ask how much the ex president have been eating before you say this.

And by d way,you should be commenting in the romance section but not here in politics.

1 Like

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Ideevic(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
Help me ask them,wht is d budget 4 poor who are not in Aso Rock?
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by crackhaus: 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
Vexation
Demdem: That food will choke u all to death. Rubbish.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by DonaldGenes(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
winta2007: If the thing vex you 2much contest for 2015 pure!
Lmao
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by crackhaus: 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
I don't believe, nah lie!
ochukoccna: When Obafemi Awolowo contested for president in 1979, he was noted to have remarked that only water would be served in the state house and other arms of government because Nigeria was in dire financial straits
Hmnn! cool cool
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by danielng: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
2sexy: [size=20pt]THOSE WHO VOTED THEM HIM IN, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSED? PEOPLE HAVE EYES BUT CANT SEE, THEY HEAD BUT CANT THINK. COME NEXT ELECTION NIGERIANs WILL SELL THEIR SOULS YET THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SAME GOVERNMENT THEY SOLD IT TO[/size]

Are you saying that other parties if elected will not spend up to or exceed more than that amount?
We attend seminars and conferences just on a local settings and we appreciate the provisions made during the seminars even when the seminars and conferences are free. We think that money is much,,,,visit the president at the villa and when they offer you 'akam with agege bread' you will be the first to shout that, despite all the money Nigeria has, they didn't give you good food.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by armadeo(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
I remember the 5 milla furniture allowance brouhaha during obj's first term. We sure have come a long way since then. Now peeps are eating billions literally.
Carry go jona we await 2015 with patience.

1 Like

Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Ozegbe(m): 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
redcliff: the N350m they apportioned for PRESIDENTIAL PETS, they should first of all scrap that before thinking of asking for more money for food. i mean, why should there be 'presidential pets'. the pet belongs to the president and he should be responsible for feeding his animals not us. Long throats.
i dont think i will be surprise if those pet are actually human beings..
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by taharqa: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
armadeo: I remember the 5 milla furniture allowance brouhaha during obj's first term. We sure have come a long way since then. Now peeps are eating billions literally.
Carry go jona we await 2015 with patience.

Now am going to response to this since you are the 1st person that made a claim, albeit an ignorant one.... 1st, what has happened to the old Lie (sorry, Line) that 'GEJ and his family eats #1billion food yearly' that you guys have been running around wit since the begining of this year? Una don dey abandoning dat one, ni? Might that be cos this article clarifies and suggests that less than #300million is actually used for refreshments and entertainment and that this sum is meant not just for the President and his Vice and their families but for hundreds of staff that work with them, various people who visit the Villa every day, hosting of FEC and Council of Stae meetings, Retreats, State Dinners for visiting Heads of State etc.
You are the one to talk abi? You call the name Obasanjo and you are comparing that name and GEJ in terms of 'waste' abi? Okay, can you swear that Obasanjo and other Heads of States didnt use more than at least 3 times the amount that GEJ is using to run the villa during their time? But wait o...scratch dat, i forgot you that you rili cant answer that cos neither you nor I were told how much the Villa used in feeding and running itself b4 now (it was essentially a 'state secret'); here we are however discussing the amount of money the most powerful institution in the country uses to feed itself and its guests cos smone is open with us dis time around. Have you ever witnessd such tarnsparency and openess, at least in this respect, at any time in history of dis nation? Do you even have a clue at this point, about the amount your state government uses to run its state house? You are the one to talk in deed!

You talk about GEJ spending ('wasting') in 'billions' while Obj spent ('wasted') in millions in OVERHEADS costs abi? Okay, what if you were told that one of them reduced the General Overhead costs from N526billion in 2010 (the year he came in) to N266billion in 2012 to projected N230billion in 2013(next year)? i.e HALVED THE OVERHEAD COST OF THE FG IN 2 yrs. What of if you were told that one of them stopped the extremely ugly trend of d increase in Recurrent Expenditure every year from 1999 and infact reversed this trend immediately he came in from 77.1% in 2010 to 74.43% in 2011 to 71.47% in 2012 to around 68.7% in 2013(next year)? What of if you were told that one of them reduced the Deficit from 3.35% of GDP in 2010 to 2.96% in 2011 to 2.85% in 2012 to projected 2.17% in 2013(next year)? And this person did all this without sacking a single person in the Civil service within this 2-year period (as a matter of fact, all this while actuali implementing the minimum wage to #18,000, paying Corpers #18,900, implementing 27.5% for teachers and some increases for Lecturers, new Salary scale for Medical doctors etc). This person is also on the verge of what is arguably the most radical rationalisation of the many 'redundant' /duplicated Agencies of Govt in the history of this nation (am talking about the Oronsaye's report- which he said only recently in a media chat is ready and would have been taken this Wednesday but for some engagement outside the country). And this is the 'one' that you regard as the 'most wasteful' in Nigeria's history, right? Yea..i can see how that is evidently correct!!

I would have discussed the details in this particular state house expediture and some of my misgivings or misunderstanding about a few of the figures (for instance, the #30.5million food for Zoo animals- what the hell is that really about?) but there is absolutely no need for that. Debate is certainly not the purpose of this thread, is it? I mean 2 thrends of EXACTLY the same topic could not have found its way to the frontpage in NL these days cos you guys wanted to DEBATE. The questio is: Are you guys now satisfied with the silly empty compalint circus show?

PS: By the way, I dont expect you to respond; am kind of used to such by now from you 'ponders'
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by 2sexy(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
danielng:

Are you saying that other parties if elected will not spend up to or exceed more than that amount?
We attend seminars and conferences just on a local settings and we appreciate the provisions made during the seminars even when the seminars and conferences are free. We think that money is much,,,,visit the president at the villa and when they offer you 'akam with agege bread' you will be the first to shout that, despite all the money Nigeria has, they didn't give you good food.
You dont make any point here.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by duality(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
ain't you guys also bothered about how much your state govt spend?
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by 1025: 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
ejifranks: That Fine Potbellied Black Boy in the centre needs more food... grin grin grin grin

with these types of cake, how can these little figures take care of the fat family members? abeg, make the senate approve N10B for them to eat ooo.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by ZeusI: 11:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
obi123: Feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic (N30,584,144)

what does this even mean
Every of presidential demand is proper, in fact jonathan has proven beyond reasonable rebuttal, the transparency of his administration. The members of National Assembly are yet to disclose their wages, besides, go and get something doing, for many opportunities are awaiting resurrection, but visual innovators are lacking, and all you do is complain. 'Stop finding faults and start finding remedies'*exit*
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by dinggle: 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is a shameless situation GEJ should have told his men not to go the Oliver twist way. People R hungry families R disintegrating because the bread winners can no longer provide bread and our dearest president allows this Oliver twist demand to be in our face. Well GOD dey! Our leaders always loose opportunity to shine. Assuming GEJ had inform Nigerians that this food policy was a wicked one and asked NA to scrap it, he would have written his name on Gold. See who wanna contest for 2015 loosing an opportunity to make himself relevant. Like someone said it's not for him to continue illegality but for him to right the wrongs.
*Explain to me how you can justify feeding animals while you leave humans to die of same hunger? I hope this question is pose to GEJ come 2015 presidential debate if he agrees to a debate without expo.
*Free the animals let them feed in the wild and if you must have a pet, its your right and also your burden.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by ZeusI: 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
obi123: Feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic (N30,584,144)

what does this even mean
Every of presidential demand is proper, in fact jonathan has proven beyond reasonable rebuttal, the transparency of his administration. The members of National Assembly are yet to disclose their wages, besides, go and get something doing, for many opportunities are awaiting resurrection from visual innovators in Nigeria, and all you do is complain. 'Stop finding faults and start finding remedies'*exit*
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by pimplucious: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
this uncle Jona like food o.shuuu, dem do u? Abi na swear sef grin
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by abbeybanks(m): 11:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
The experience I have had is that this fund is grossly insufficient. It is not even enough
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
ABEG MAKE UNA ALLOW THE MAN.
BRO JONA CARRY GO JARE, AFTERALL THE ONLY THING ONE WILL GAIN IN THIS SHORT LIFE IS WHAT ONE HAVE EATEN.
HAVE YOU GUYS NOT HEARD "NAKED THOU CAME TO THIS WORLD AND NAKED THOU SHALL LEAVE IT".
ALL THAT HAS BEEN AMASSED BY HOOK OR CROOK WILL BE LEFT BEHIND FOR THE ULTIMATE CALLING.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by lumeneng22: 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
redcliff: the N350m they apportioned for PRESIDENTIAL PETS, they should first of all scrap that before thinking of asking for more money for food. i mean, why should there be 'presidential pets'. the pet belongs to the president and he should be responsible for feeding his animals not us. Long throats.
.What kind of pet, is it the abacha's lion that was inherited by abdulsalam and by obj and by yaradua carry over to jona? Abegi make them give ratpoison to them is a waste of money.
Re: More Money For Food At Aso Rock - Presidency To Senate by Ilekokonit: 1:25am On Nov 23, 2012
I don't think that curses work 'cos if they do, the amount of curses rained onto our greedy leaders heads by millions of Nigerians should have started working by now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Political Relationship With Odili, We Don't Work Together - Wike / Blogger Musa Babale Azare Arrested In Abuja For Criticising Governor / Nnamdi Kanu Not A South East Leader Of Thought- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.