Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences (860 Views)

Girls Ever Been Embarrassed Visiting A Guy? Share Your Experiences / Guys, Ever Been Embarrassed For Visiting A Lady? Share Your Experiences / Guys, Ever Been Deceived By A Lady's Profile Picture? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by AmenJoan(f): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2012
I have recently been involved in some matchmaking ventures. Not because I want to, but circumstances somehow thrust it upon me. This ranges from a friend or hubby's friends that believe that since am recently married, I'll have some cool single girls as friends to relatives especially abroad that want a relationship with a nigerian gal. But I have come to discover that men do not appreciate girls they meet that way because out of about 7 I've matchmade (if there's a word like that), only one has come out successful (meaning leading to a stable relationship that'll soon culminate in marriage. The others have fallen by the way side usually from the guy's angle. Maybe its just me but...
so what are your own experiences with matchmaking, has it worked for you? or is your relationship a product of one?
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by larrymoore(m): 11:31am On Nov 24, 2012
Sorry to say dat l dont believe in it, so l wont do it.
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by Lovetinz(m): 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
One out of seven is superb if you ask me.

The 'unmatchmades' should be like One out of Seventy.
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by AmenJoan(f): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2013
Lovetinz: One out of seven is superb if you ask me.

The 'unmatchmades' should be like One out of Seventy.

And I think you are very correct...
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by Mynd44: 5:53am On Apr 02, 2013
Two words "Inflated expectations"
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 02, 2013
[size=13pt]No way. I hate it when people do it to me. It's one of the last things I'll do to someone else. I've never been in a matchmaking relationship. When someone tries to thrust it upon me, I run in the other direction.[/size]
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by greedie1(f): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2013
yea i did it twice and swore never to again... oh, it didn't work, maybe d second ll sha, dunno.

d first guy i tried to matchmake is a complete dolt. got my no from my swt, called and begged me to link him with a friend lyk me (imagine!!!). i wasn't planning to but a friend overheard d convo and suggested another friend( i wasn't really close to her den), so i told her to make it happen. wen she finally convinced d girl and got her no, dat was wen d young man decided to check out d girl on facebook ( i gave him d id week b4)and called to ask me her tribe and guess wat? he said he didn't just want an ibo girl but one from anambra and dat d girl had 2 face( watever dat means). ofcz i told him dat he ll remain single for a long tym wit his attitude... u can imagine how i felt wen d girl asked me wen d guy ll call and i had to give her d news.

2nd attempt, same girl... showed her my chatlog wit a friend on fb asking me to link him up since he cant ve me. she liked his pix and told me.to link her....i made sure he sent her a request and saw her pix b4 i gave him d no. they ve bin talking and ll prolly meet dis week which is good....but i find their constant need to update me annoying and i ve told dem to stop biko.

i pray it works out but even if it doesn't, im done wit matchmaking anyone!!
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by Alleinad(f): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2013
I once met a widower, his wife had died like 8years ago and he was swearing and lamenting that he will never forgive the guy that matchmade them, that the late wife showed him hell. It was pathetic yet funny.
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by fubbyy(m): 9:44am On Apr 02, 2013
when I was in school, a girls I asked out refused and decided to matchmake me with her best friend since I can't have her, the match make was successful, few weeks later the girl that matchmade us became jealous o, no longer talk 2 me like she used to, the relationship between two of them started collapsing, I no just understand women 4 this life o
Re: Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences by Mynd44: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2013
I can't link anyone and I don't like being linked. If you wannt meet people do it on your own and leave me out

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Wish For Ur Ex BF Or EX GF? / What Is Love Really?? / How Do You Show Love To A Working Class Wife/fiancee/girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.