Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** (8578 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant? / This Is A Tough One: Will You Forgive Your Kids If They Tried To Kill You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
Very interesting, it all depends on what the wife did next. If she pretended as if nothing happened and just apologised, then that may be very difficult to forgive. There is no forgiveness when there is no sin or repentance.

My guess is that the woman was shocked at her husband's behaviour and probably took it for granted she had been forgiven. Both herself and her pastor friend should have confessed their sins to the church authorities when it happened immediately so that the authorities can counsel all parties involved. What must have pained her husband even more is seeing both of them on Sunday, lifting "Holy hands" during praise and worship, and praying and speaking in tongues.

What happened is about the biggest sin anyone can commit. Even the Bible accommodates divorce in such cases so for those saying the Pastor did not forgive his wife, it can be extremely difficult. The man needed lots of help in getting over the incident!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Iaz93: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
The man get mind sef... The woman for don pack tey tey..
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Godisable1: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
it only takes a big heart to forgive & forget a wrong at d same time, hence, if u refused to forget the wrongs, u may not be able to forgive such person that did it.

NOTE: if u dont hav evil thought & dont keep grudge against ur brother, then u can forgive him if he hurts u in any way/thing what so ever...
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Spacodinho(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
otooro: This is a sensitive story, mature and sincere opinions please. Thank you.

What does it mean to FORGET after forgiving? How can you forgive and forget? This is the story:

"A pastor was supposed to go to church directly from work (as he usually does), but he decided to stop by at the housyears!!!!!! shocked of denying the woman love-making, she could not?!
God forgives i don't (rick ross)
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
i always tell people u can forgive, but forgetting is literally impossible unless u get amnesia or something...
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by JewelDiamond(f): 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
To forgive is very easy but to forget is as difficult as impossible
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: i always tell people u can forgive, but forgetting is literally impossible unless u get amnesia or something...

I think the forget part is more figurative than literal. It means to never make mention of an incident and returning things to normal before anything happened. It just means you will not hold any grudges, or make mention of, or retaliate an incident. It also means behaving as if nothing ever happened. But haba, you will always remenber the incident but you wouldn't be bitter towards the person anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by nedu2000(m): 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
Forgiving ‎​Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥S̶̲̥̅ but forgetting,hmmm......since we r talking abt a pastor,is der a portion in d bible dat talks abt forgetting?
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by lordcastro: 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
the pastor would have done the italian stlye, quietly eliminate both parties

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by realitychick: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
The word "forgive and forget" is just a figurative word,the real word here is FORGIVE,which encompasses other things.If he has forgiven her, thats the ULTIMATE.Other ones are just the after effect which is the reality and nothing can change that.Thats the fact.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by ekyal(f): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
Guys, Do we sincerely truly forget? Remember we are humans and not computers o. There is no delete button on any part of our body o. We can forgive but to forget means one's brain must be really formated.The pastor has forgiven but the memory will always come flashing each time he sees the wife. That is how nature has progrmmed our adult mind to work. Me thinks it would be difficult for him to get aroused by his wife after wards.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by senator2k9(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Only God forgives n forget,
Man forgives, but never forgets,
Nature Neither forgives nor Forget.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
D tin is dat God said dat any man dat put away his wife 4 her imoralities shoul nt be made a husband 4 another woman. because dey are alduterers
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by salolo(m): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
by forgetting the issue and continue your life
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by AtheistD(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
Is there any biblical instruction to forgive and forget? If so pls fill me in on the details.

Forgiving is an act of the New Testament.... brought in by Christ to counter the eye-for-an-eye-policy of the Old testament. Forgiving means not harbouring any intentions for vengeance. I dont think it has to do with forgetting.

To learn we must never forget things. It is evolutionary to remember such things, to reduce the chances of a repetition of such actions.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Abali1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
If na my mama, she go talk say: "if you cut my fingers during the raining season, and you call me out during the harmattan to come and warm myself by the fire.... are you calling me because you want to see the fingers you cut or beacuase you want to mock me"

Abeg, the Pastor has forgiven, any person asking him to forget is just asking for too much from a fellow human being.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by NovusHomo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
God has made it his business to forgive therefore I will not interfere. I choose not to forget because s**t has a way of happening over and over again.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
Well, IMO I think to "forget" means you don't bring it up again or make a reference to the "event" in future.

To erase the memory of it completely is eh, well, next to impossible.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Yemak74: 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dementia sorry
greatgod2012: He has forgiven d woman of course, but it will be very difficult for him to forget such a thing, d man can only forget if he suffers from "memory loss".......i dont know d medical term.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by dtc2k(m): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
Its very easy to forgive actually but very very difficult to forget. As long as you are still seeing the person or anytime you see thet person, the memories will rush back and then your remember. You dont forget. He can and truly forgive her but he can truly forget her.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by kpolli(m): 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
chiteny: Family and Romance section would have been more appropriate. How ever my small contribution goes thus:

For the fact that he continued his fatherly and husbandly responsibilities shows he has forgiven her. However I believe the trauma he went thru informed his decision not to make love to his wife again. I think if he is still in love with her, he should try to let go (he could seek a psycologist) and by prayer be fully reunited to his wife. If on the other hand he can't, he should let madam go (divorce her if she is ok with this) so he does not create room for mire temptation.

Psycolokini. . . He should accept his lose and leave her
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by RudySmith(m): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
He is a pastor so that is the only way he can deal with the issue perfectly. He has forgiven her but until he believes that she has repented, he won't forget or touch her again. In due time, he may or not forget but why should he?
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by WhyAWhy(m): 12:46am On Nov 28, 2012
He has FORGIVEN her now he's trying to FORGET completely about her
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 28, 2012
i rarely do either one.
im working on it tho.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 28, 2012
Blackbody20: He has not forgiven her.

gny kelly: The only to forgive and forget is to have a brain transplant.

^^double gbam

The pastor had too much pride to call it as it was.
No way in hell would I have continued to live with her knowing
I resented her so much that I couldn't sleep with her.

He was clearly living to impress other ppl. He wanted ppl to think his household
was much happier than it was.

You can't live life that way...you just can't.

He should have called it quits the moment he saw them doing what they did.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by swtchicgurl: 6:36am On Nov 28, 2012
WhyAWhy: He has FORGIVEN her now he's trying to FORGET completely about her

nah! grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by yumsty: 7:18am On Nov 28, 2012
Spacodinho: God forgives i don't (rick ross)
God forgives i dont; in other words retaliation is a must!...
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2012
yumsty: i think the pastor is a good man.if it were me,she wud die mysteriously after like seven weeks.

and how do you intend to do that? undecided
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by chiteny(m): 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
Josh090:
Not when its on the basis of adultery.

Exactly. Nwanne, you read your bible from front to back and not the other way round. The clearly stated reason for divorce as recorded in the good book is in any case of adultery. However it is up to the offended to decide to tow the path of divorce or not.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by ziondaughter: 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
mondi_cheeks: He hasn't forgotten

U dont have to judge cos u are not d one in dis situation. I always tell pple dat i dont know wat will happen if d one i love hurts me n i pray he/she shouldnt cos i may forgive, i may not. It depends. Wat we can do is to pray for dis man cos its not easy. Some of us will even do worse
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by manalejo(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2012
He has not truly forgives his wife, if he does he will continue his role as the husband and this include sleeping with her again.

To you all, read your Bible very well with open eyes, the Bible did not say one should divorce his wife because of Adultery. But Fornication, and a married woman/man cannot commit fornication.

Matthew 5:32: "But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to
commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

Matthew 19:9: "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another,
committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

Fornication takes place before a man and a woman becomes legal husband and wife
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by chiteny(m): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2012
manalejo: He has not truly forgives his wife, if he does he will continue his role as the husband and this include sleeping with her again.

To you all, read your Bible very well with open eyes, the Bible did not say one should divorce his wife because of Adultery. But Fornication, and a married woman/man cannot commit fornication.

Matthew 5:32: "But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to
commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

Matthew 19:9: "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another,
committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

Fornication takes place before a man and a woman becomes legal husband and wife

...and are they called husband and wife before being married?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribute To My Lovely Sister. There Is No One Like You. / Guys, If U Discovered One Of Ur Kids Is Illegitimate, Wud U Forgive Ur Wife? / Couples and Live-in Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.