Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** (8568 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant? / This Is A Tough One: Will You Forgive Your Kids If They Tried To Kill You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2012
This is a sensitive story, mature and sincere opinions please. Thank you.

What does it mean to FORGET after forgiving? How can you forgive and forget? This is the story:

"A pastor was supposed to go to church directly from work (as he usually does), but he decided to stop by at the house to pick a vital document he needs for the evening service. On arriving at home, he found his wife and his own assistant pastor on his matrimonial bed making love! shocked

He just quietly picked his document without saying a word and left the house for church. He saw them and the pair saw him as well but he didn't react as he left in shock. embarassed

He conducted the church service as normal without creating any suspicions, knowing what impact it would have on the church and members! He never mentioned it to anyone. He forgave the wife and continued all his fatherly and husbandly responsibilities except that, he refused to make love to her! shocked embarassed

After seven years, yes seven years!!!!!! shocked of denying the woman love-making, she could not hold on any longer, she had to confess all that happened to the church authorities. The pastor was sent for and was pleaded with to forgive the woman and his response was: I already forgave her long ago, but can't make love to her!"

FYI, he wasn't having any affair outside marriage!

Now, the question is: Has he really forgiven her? or Is it that he has not forgotten?

What does it really mean to forgive and forget?!
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 26, 2012
is this not making sense to anyone? embarassed
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 26, 2012
otooro: is this not making sense to anyone? embarassed
Wrong section. Move to romance section. A lot of people with like minds there.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by chiteny(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2012
Family and Romance section would have been more appropriate. How ever my small contribution goes thus:

For the fact that he continued his fatherly and husbandly responsibilities shows he has forgiven her. However I believe the trauma he went thru informed his decision not to make love to his wife again. I think if he is still in love with her, he should try to let go (he could seek a psycologist) and by prayer be fully reunited to his wife. If on the other hand he can't, he should let madam go (divorce her if she is ok with this) so he does not create room for mire temptation.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by seyibrown(f): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
He has not fully forgiven her. I can understand his heartbreak, pain and suffering but he needs to resume his 'husbandly duties'. God does not withold his blessings from us just because we sin against him once or severally. He continues to bless us even before we repent most times. He should not let this unforgiveness rob him of heaven or cause his wife to commit adultery again.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
chiteny: Family and Romance section would have been more appropriate. How ever my small contribution goes thus:

For the fact that he continued his fatherly and husbandly responsibilities shows he has forgiven her. However I believe the trauma he went thru informed his decision not to make love to his wife again. I think if he is still in love with her, he should try to let go (he could seek a psycologist) and by prayer be fully reunited to his wife. If on the other hand he can't, he should let madam go (divorce her if she is ok with this) so he does not create room for mire temptation.

even if he divorces her, none of them can have sex or re-marry.....until death do them part. embarassed
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
seyibrown: He has not fully forgiven her. I can understand his heartbreak, pain and suffering but he needs to resume his 'husbandly duties'. God does not withold his blessings from us just because we sin against him once or severally. He continues to bless us even before we repent most times. He should not let this unforgiveness rob him of heaven or cause his wife to commit adultery again.

hmmnn.... u're very correct tho'. but what if it is a 'ministerial instruction' not to touch her undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by baby124: 2:16am On Nov 27, 2012
He has forgiven but hasn't forgotten. The images are what he cannot get out of his mind. How does he sleep with the devil? He may live with her but to sleep with her? That is asking too much. It is one thing to hear about cheating, another thing to see it happen, and even on your matrimonial bed. It will take an angel to wave aside such. With a fellow pastor and most likely a good friend who he could trust his wife with. That is the utmost betrayal, I wouldn't be able to stand the sight of the person sef. It is good for me to hear of you from afar. Seeing you alone will bring floods of images right back. If the woman has any shred of dignity left she will seek for a divorce and release the man to find love, and a woman that deserves him. A woman that can do such to a man that can stay 7yrs without sex, is sick. You know how many women are wailing and crying for such a good man? She should pack her load and leave the guy abeg. No pastor can force him to sleep with her. Imagine, they couldn't even wait for the dust to settle from his car tires. Shior! angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by swtchicgurl: 5:37am On Nov 27, 2012
this is a very difficult case to judge oooo...because it involves a bit of spirituality! undecided

albeit, i think he has forgiven.!
besides, how do you forget such an incident? if you forget an event like this, how do you learn from it?

forgetting means 'not using the event to react subsequently'...hence, he has forgotten. the spirituality aspect may be the reason for the abstinence from sex.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by greatgod2012(f): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2012
He has forgiven d woman of course, but it will be very difficult for him to forget such a thing, d man can only forget if he suffers from "memory loss".......i dont know d medical term.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by swtchicgurl: 6:42am On Nov 27, 2012
greatgod2012: He has forgiven d woman of course, but it will be very difficult for him to forget such a thing, d man can only forget if he suffers from "memory loss".......i dont know d medical term.

couldn't agree more...
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 27, 2012
He hasn't forgotten
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by dilbert100: 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by SELFWORTH: 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
Only someone who has gone through this kind of pain is qualified to comment.

This is something that can "kill" you spiritually , physically , emotionally and mentally.

Forgiveness does not equate to forget .

Only God can help you forget. Forgiveness is an individual choice. You cannot forgive if you continue to harbour bitterness in your heart.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by rman: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
Forgive and forget is a hoax.

People forgive, YES, but we rarely forget especially when yo comes to matters of the heart.

I always believe people should also be made to live with the consequences of their actions.

The woman should have left the marriage immediately she was caught ( this is not a BF/GF relationship ).

Forgeting in this case is telling the man to go back and act exactly the way he was acting before he caught the wife. Common guys, that is totally impossible.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
Is always hard to forgive a compromised punny
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Tunjman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
greatgod2012: He has forgiven d woman of course, but it will be very difficult for him to forget such a thing, d man can only forget if he suffers from "memory loss".......i dont know d medical term.

Amnesia.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
Forgive the sin, forget the person.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by bblacky(f): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
He s thnkn of wat to do wt her next!
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by aglomar: 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
By picking d lessons in d incident n forgetting d details. Takes time though!
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Jblx(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] I am no Gad, hence I dont 4giv! Isin't it what makes me human?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Catchfire1: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
How do u Forgive and Forget undecided

Okay, I Have It, Its so simple cool

First you Forgive her, then you Forget that you've Forgiven her grin grin grin

Moral: Forget about Forgetting and just Forgive, cos no one forgets only goats

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
I swear, i dislike introverts with passion. U just wont know wat they're thinking, they can kill with silence undecided .

@op. He has already forgiven her but dont blame him for not forgetting, who would forget such anyway? His 'wife' is even lucky to still be in his house.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
otooro:

even if he divorces her, none of them can have sex or re-marry.....until death do them part. embarassed
Not when its on the basis of adultery.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by freecocoa(f): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
He has clearly forgiven her na but how does one forget such thing?

Quite frankly forgiving is easy but to forget na wash.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by dridowu: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
We can forgive but Can we truly forget ? To forget dn the person must format is brain
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by eikeem(m): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
Forgiveness is noble. Forgetfulness means I have refused to learn from what happened - and my parents didn't bring me up to be that foolish! grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Spicyhawt: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
He has forgiven her but its quite difficult to forget such,
but i hope they dont live in that same house anymore..
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by yumsty: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
i think the pastor is a good man.if it were me,she wud die mysteriously after like seven weeks.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by Blackbody20(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
He has not forgiven her.
Re: How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** by gnykelly(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
The only to forgive and forget is to have a brain transplant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me / Guys, If U Discovered One Of Ur Kids Is Illegitimate, Wud U Forgive Ur Wife? / Humans Of Nairaland (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.