Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Things Men Find Romantic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Men Find Romantic (13719 Views)

Female Body Parts Men Find The Sexiest. #1 Is Surprising / 12 Things Men Really Find Romantic..guys, True Or False? / 8 Things Men Find Unattractive But Won’t Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Men Find Romantic by toria12(f): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
1. Dress Up for Him
A long, long time ago, your husband bought you some lingerie. Remember? You wore it once or twice, then stuffed it deep in the back of a drawer. Well, the time has come to dig it out. "Consider dressing for his tastes and not just yours once in a while," says Barbara De Angelis, Ph.D., author of Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know. "Take him shopping and have him choose outfits he would like to see you in or some lingerie he finds sexy."

2. Touch Him All Over, All the Time
I'm not talking about sex, and I'm not talking about massage -- just plain old run-of-the-mill touching. Whether you're playing footsie under the table or placing a hand on our shoulders while scooting behind our chairs, men find the touch of the woman they love unbelievably reassuring. In our treasured nonverbal language, it translates as: "I accept you...I love you...We're a team."

3. Give Him a Night Out with the Boys -- No Strings Attached
It may seem odd to you that a romantic gesture might not involve you at all. But dogs run with dogs, wolves run with wolves, and every so often, guys just have to break away and run with the guys (drooling and howling optional). All the married men I know miss those carefree nights out with the guys -- a fact many of the married women I know find unnecessarily threatening. When I look back on my single days, it's the male companionship I miss, not the cornucopia of gorgeous single gals (okay, okay -- the handful of pretty good-looking single gals). Honestly.

4. Show Up at His Office
I don't mean that literally — showing up unannounced just as he's getting his head together for the Big Meeting can be catastrophically disruptive. I mean it figuratively: Make your presence known throughout the day. I know, when we were just dating we tried to discourage you from calling us at work. Many single guys consider work a safe haven from the minefield of dating and don't want that sacred space violated. In marriage, though, it's different: News from the home front serves as a nice reminder of what you're working for.

5. Tell Him What a Big, Strong Guy He Is
We men are famously incompetent at expressing ourselves verbally ... but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate hearing a little praise now and then. In particular, we draw a lot of our identity from our maleness. Nurturing our big-ape fantasies — me Tarzan, you Jane — lets us know you value us as males, which is somehow important to the continued production of testosterone. So tell your husband he makes you feel safe, thank him for working so hard (even if you're working just as hard), tell him you pity friends who don't have husbands like him.

6. Engineer a Break-the-Routine Date
Your weekly "date night" doesn't count. I'm talking about whisking him off for a weekend getaway or getting a babysitter and surprising him after work with movie tickets. To make sure the evening works, try to determine what your relationship needs at the moment. Are you both overworked and feeling disconnected? Try a relaxing night at a local hotel. Getting bored with the daily grind? Take off for an exciting weekend someplace exotic but affordable. Once you determine the proper mood, make all the plans and pull the surprise.

7. Make Sex with Him an Event
I remember taking a shower one evening after coming home exhausted and emerging from the bathroom to find that my wife had made a bed on the living room floor out of couch cushions, pillows and blankets. It gave the least sexy room in the house a very exciting, exotic feel — part hotel room, part pillow fort. I won't share the details of what happened next.

When married men say they miss the kind of sex they had in their single days — and we do say it to one another, even if we don't dare say it to you — that is what we're talking about. While single sex was full of wild abandon and the unknown, married sex gradually becomes more about comfort than passion, and once you know all of each other's secrets, ruts become unavoidable unless you make a particular, focused effort to keep out of them. The upshot: Break the routine. If you're in the habit of making love with the lights out, try keeping them on or illuminating the room with candles. Rent a blue movie or get some massage oil and surprise him on the couch. "Have a conversation with your husband and try to get at what some of his sexual fantasies are," suggests Goldstein. Don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable, or it'll backfire horribly. But making sex a celebratory event will show him in no uncertain terms that you think he's special.

8. Score Him a Pair of Tickets to the Big Game
Which would you rather receive from your husband: a weekend at a spa or a new set of cookware? The spa is by far the more romantic gift, if only because he doesn't stand to gain anything from it. Gifts that don't benefit the giver are somehow purer because they demonstrate you care only about making your spouse happy. So when you're thinking about gifts, try not to think about what you'd like to get him, but what he'd like to receive.

9. Show Interest in His Outside Life
We live in a fast-paced world, and Lord knows it's easy enough to get wrapped up in our own routines. But finding ways to let a man know you care about all aspects of his life, not just the parts he shares with you, is a great way to show you love the whole man. Shoot him a few well-directed questions about work to help him unwind, surprise him with a book relating to a hobby, track down a Website that deals with some problem he's having — all are touching gestures I guarantee will be well-received.

10. Tell Him a Secret
Men want to be soul mates, too. Telling him a secret — symbolically letting him deeper inside you — demonstrates total trust in him and faith in your relationship. Because you're making yourself vulnerable, it's an incredible bonding experience. What works just as well: Encourage him to tell you a secret or two. And don't laugh.

11. Slow Down Dinner
Sure, the idea that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is a cliché. But it reached such status for a reason: It works. (It worked so well with me that I married a professional cook.) And it's tough to miss the basic, underlying romantic symbolism of cooking for your man: You satisfy his hunger, his craving.

The modern version of cooking as romance, it seems to me, is to use an elaborate meal as a way to slow things down. Start with wine, end with coffee and divide even the most mundane meal courses — first the macaroni, then the cheese — thereby delaying your husband's gratification and whetting his appetite. Slowing down the meal not only makes the food taste better and gives you more time to talk, but it returns a sense of ceremony to the meal, turning it into a kind of date. Your husband can't help but sit, tuck in and take notice.

12. Do a Sexy Little Bump-and-Grind Striptease
Well, you can't blame a guy for asking.

http://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/advice/men-find-romantic-2

13 Likes

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Abasimmodo(f): 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Ak47yang(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
Woah great tips
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by scopusng(m): 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
Wetin concern me.
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Koolking(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
Men deserve more than empty words and promises. Men find 'truth' very romantic in a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by KINGwax(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Crappy! Face-palm issue!
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Kassidy90(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Cool, bt @Op do u think any busy wife dat leaves home for work by 5 in d morning n comes back 10pm coz of crazy country we live will av time for all these?

1 Like

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
For wetin? as country hard so na im i go dey do all these rules and regulations to make pesin romantic? omo no time abeg! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
I'm saying this for the umpteenth time today, I wanna get married.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by ektbear: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
A good list.

berem: For wetin? as country hard so na im i go dey do all these rules and regulations to make pesin romantic? omo no time abeg! undecided undecided undecided
You don't have to do all of them. Just pick one or a few.

E.g., strip tease.
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by ektbear: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem is too unromantic sef undecided

how will I be convinced to date you with your attitude cheesy
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by bcomputer101: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
A busy man who always think of HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ †̥ make more money A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ †̥ get available contract †̥ boost up ȋ̝̊̅§ account will not hav time for this rubbish... @OP, all dos Nigerian films wey U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ worry ƔƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡U̶̲̥̅̊... Wake up from U̶̲̥̅̊‎​я̩̥̊ dream bcs U̶̲̥̅̊ can't see any woman here I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ NIGERIA dat will D̶̲̥̅̊☺ dis for u

1 Like

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by saintvc(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
Dont ask 4 much money
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by denaroproperty: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
nice tips tho, but that doesnt stop him from cheating anyway.. undecided its in dia nature to cheat..

2 Likes

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by SirElaw(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2012
bcomputer101: A busy man who always think of HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ †̥ make more money A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ †̥ get available contract †̥ boost up ȋ̝̊̅§ account will not hav time for this rubbish... @OP, all dos Nigerian films wey U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ worry ƔƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡U̶̲̥̅̊... Wake up from U̶̲̥̅̊‎​я̩̥̊ dream bcs U̶̲̥̅̊ can't see any woman here I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ NIGERIA dat will D̶̲̥̅̊☺ dis for u
owkei we get t...u now use a BB #Congrats
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by pythonwizpro(m): 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmmmm
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
ekt_bear: berem is too unromantic sef undecided

how will I be convinced to date you with your attitude cheesy
who told you am unromantic? and what attitude if i may ask? forget all these formings wey we dey do for nairaland. if you know me wella,am down to earth,funny and an extrovert to the core. oh boy na you go run o! no try me at all! wink grin grin
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by pythonwizpro(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
Brand_new: I'm saying this for the umpteenth time today, I wanna get married.
grin

U've been repeating this marriage thing for quite sometime. grin grin grin

If I may ask, what or who is holding you not to?

Btw, there are hundreds of beautiful ladies on NL.

Don't make that trip to Sokoto yet, what you looking for, is right inside your Sokoto's pocket. #JustSaying#

CHECK THE VIEWING CENTRE, there are many of them right there...
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Idowuogbo(f): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
hahahahahhaha!!!! poster u is sitting on a long thaing!!!

if u gats skills and all oda ajasas, dat blokos aint going no where. lipsrsealed cool
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Idowuogbo(f): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem: who told you am unromantic? and what attitude if i may ask? forget all these formings wey we dey do for nairaland. if you know me wella,am down to earth,funny and an extrovert to the core. oh boy na you go run o! no try me at all! wink grin grin
talk tru? oya list d things u do in order to magnet ur * coughs* u no na... wink cheesy
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by jbrodaly(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
A guy never goes a minute without thinking of that lady who does such things to himwinkHe go dey kolo for her like mad
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by vicky50(f): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
just passing by
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by pythonwizpro(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
vicky50: just passing by

I hope you haven't missed your way? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
Idowuogbo:
talk tru? oya list d things u do in order to magnet ur * coughs* u no na... wink cheesy
eerm! idowu if i talk am now eh.....wahala go dey for nairaland today! grin grin grin
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by xynerise: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
Prepare me a nice Nkwobi or Vegetable soup is forever romantic. grin. Then reduce my calories with enough sexx. cool. With these, u have pass my test. I love her for this
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by teeluv(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
really on point though.. im sure there are a lot fast moving place than naija. and they still make it happen.
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
At last, something about men! smiley
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Booty4me: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Idowuogbo(f): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem: eerm! idowu if i talk am now eh.....wahala go dey for nairaland today! grin grin grin
talk it! no worry i get mb credit. grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
I thought you were talking out of your experience until i saw the link below ur post, then i stopped reading.

1 Like

Re: Things Men Find Romantic by tintingz(m): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
ekt_bear: A good list.

You don't have to do all of them. Just pick one or a few.

E.g., strip tease.
lol. . .na so that one you go like grin
Re: Things Men Find Romantic by UNLEASHED(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
Wait...na woman go post this thing o! Hold on I go check...

(1) (2) (Reply)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: A Player Is Nothing But A Woman With A Dick / Black Vs Yellow Skin Ladies, Which One Do You Prefer (photo) / Happy Birthday Lanicky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.