Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long (11004 Views)

The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife / How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? / Am Tired Of Staying With My Parents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by jigawatts(m): 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts: Its like peoples doesnt has anything to said.

OLODUMARE oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked shocked
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by cynthio: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
I was asked 2 accomodate a girl I nvr knew 4 just a few days. It's been 4 months now and she is yet 2 get a place. At 1st I was comfortable sharing my things with her and feeding her( not 3 square meal though). But she hardly buys anything( not even pure water). Of course I got tired n stopped buying 4 two. And now, I no longer look her way. I sometimes feel bad nt providing these things, but hey I'm just a student and nt a salary earner. Honestly, I can't wait 4 her 2 leave, cos I'm tired.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by baby124: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
Echika China: U are definitely not a good person ........ Cant believe you said two weeks.......... What difference will two weeks make

I am not on NL to win "The girl is good" contest. Or popularity contest. My house, my rules. If you cannot pay half of the rent and half of the bills for the time we agreed for you to stay, then I can only accomodate you for 2 weeks. I aint your mummy. Before you move somewhere, get your own space.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by enkoby: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
Catch_fire:

JESOX shocked shocked shocked

Please what is the function of the 'Report' link, I wan report this guy make the ban am 4life angry

Judge not, that you may not be judged.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by YOUNGKAHUNA: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
I've Been Living With My Grand-Aunt For Close To 2 Years Now. Though It Was Schooling That Initiated That Idea. Sometimes I Feel reluctant Coming Back Home When There's Break. Sha I Enjoy Staying With Them Even Though I'm Tired Of The Environment.

To Me A Maximum Of 2 Years Dependin on The Circumstances U Found Urself And If I Ur Just Staying For Brief a maximum Of 2 Weeks Is Enough.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by lalaberry(f): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
YOUNGKAHUNA: I've Been Living With My Grand-Aunt For Close To 2 Years Now. Though It Was Schooling That Initiated That Idea. Sometimes I Feel reluctant Coming Back Home When There's Break. Sha I Enjoy Staying With Them Even Though I'm Tired Of The Environment.

To Me A Maximum Of 2 Years Dependin on The Circumstances U Found Urself And If I Ur Just Staying For Brief a maximum Of 2 Weeks Is Enough.
2yrs ke, shocked
Wat if †ђξ person Ȋ̝̊̅§ ǎ leech,ǎ pig & ǎ parasite?
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
I am about to go stay with my younger sister as from January for about two months and it has been giving me high blood pressure. I love her and she loves me too but the thought of spending 60days at a stretch is giving heartburn.I would have opt for my own place straight away but I am hoping to change jobs by all means around this time and location might change.It's not as if I haven't stayed with her before but never for this length of time.

So OP,two months is like a life-time even with your best buddy.Nothing like having ones space even if it's a tiny hole.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by bestower: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2012
I had such an experience b4 i got married, i accomodated my younger brother friend who turned out to be a monster at the end of a year and nine months because i gave him freedom to everything in my apartment.i used to travel out of the state to northern side of the country for business and leave my 'everything' to him.unfortunately he misused the opportunities nd turn my house to 'house party',my car was used nd dump-parked,thanks to my landlord daughter for the info,i was even accused one day in my own flat if am looking for anyone wit one of his girlfriends,i came unannouced that day.imagine that shit in my own house.that was the last day for him....i sent him out sameday. Am married now and dont ve intention to accomodate anybody into my house because of my family nd past xperience.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
baby_123: I am not on NL to win "The girl is good" contest. Or popularity contest. My house, my rules. If you cannot pay half of the rent and half of the bills for the time we agreed for you to stay, then I can only accomodate you for 2 weeks. I aint your mummy. Before you move somewhere, get your own space.

Thank you, well said. Why would an adult choose to move, without making plans on where to stay first? The worst culprits are those that travel out of Nigeria, without any definite plan on where they're going to live, or how they're going to survive.

I'm even meaner - I don't even give two weeks. I lost my parents at an early age, and had to fend for myself. I didn't move in with anyone, I simply survived by hard, honest graft. So sorry, I don't accommodate anyone.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Bongii04: 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Basketmouth must hear dis o - its like people doesnt has.......to said.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by baby124: 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
Siena:

Thank you, well said. Why would an adult choose to move, without making plans on where to stay first? The worst culprits are those that travel out of Nigeria, without any definite plan on where they're going to live, or how they're going to survive.

I'm even meaner - I don't even give two weeks. I lost my parents at an early age, and had to fend for myself. I didn't move in with anyone, I simply survived by hard, honest graft. So sorry, I don't accommodate anyone.

Gbam! Anyone that tells me that they need help, i will say make sure you hold money for at least 6months rent. If you cannot make it down before you start work, i will give you two weeks where we will both go and look for house for you. Most times i dont get a call back, and i get attitude when they see me. I can only do that for my siblings or parents. No one else. And even my siblings are not shameless to just sit down gbaga in the house without helping out. They want to use others to save money. I cant take care of a full grown adult, that is like taking care of 3kids. If you know you are not ready to leave your parents house and be responsible, stay there and be their problem. not mine
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Goldieluks: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts: Its like peoples doesnt has anything to said.

Mr man english language is not by force biko.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Jutresbien: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
It depends on how comfortable you and your hosts feel. If you're adding value, helping the family with lil errands and generally being useful, chances are that they wont get easily irritated by ur presence. But if u're taking space, eating food and acting like its a hotel doing stuff only for urself, no initiative whatsoever, u'll be seen as a pest and I'll personally make sure u sense that if I'm ur host. Truth is, as soon as u can afford, u shd leave sha. Heard of a guy who squats with his a married friend but has made enough from his job to buy a ride- misplaced priority if u ask me.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
dvdon: Must everyting be asked on Nairaland? Soon d Op will ask Nairaland if he should Peep his Uncle n wife 4uckin because they leave d door open at night. angry

What a shame you are to the folks around you.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
ItsModella:

What is wrong with those statement that I maked?
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
oladimeji101:
This one na rocket gbaguan oooo :oneed to put my gbaguan prv on lipsrsealed

Tell us the corrections of the statements. Behaving like you knows english more than the queens of British.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
crackhaus: Hahahaha!!! You should have being one of those people. Can't stop laughing, I'm sorry.

I am quite disappointed by your use of english. Being or been?
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Catch_fire:

JESOX shocked shocked shocked

Please what is the function of the 'Report' link, I wan report this guy make the ban am 4life angry

Band me for whats? Are you the moderation officers? I dislikes peoples as you.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
jigawatts:

OLODUMARE oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked shocked

What is the issues? Can you not just correction?
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Goldieluks: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts:

What is wrong with those statement that I maked?

grin grin grin
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by baby124: 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts:

What is the issues? Can you not just correction?
richarts:

Band me for whats? Are you the moderation officers? I dislikes peoples as you.
richarts:

I am quite disappointed by your use of english. Being or been?

LMAO. Now you are just being ridiculous. Abeg, if you cannot speak the english, just revert to your traditional language. Anybody that does not understand can go and jump off 3rd mainland.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
Goldieluks:

Mr man english language is not by force biko.

I like you Goldieluks. Wishing to get to knowing you again.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
He is joking around, No one can be that gbagaunlicious
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
dayokanu: He is joking around, No one can he that gbagaunlicious

Lol... "No one can he?" Don't get that mate. Lol @ gbagaunlicious.

I personally doesnt see anything wrong with those wordings.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
From the responses so far, it is apparent that people consider two weeks to be wise and one person said two years is quite abnormal but the person I am still going to agree with is the folk who posited that one should not plan to stay longer than he or she should (say two months).

Ideal thing is that once you move into a strange land without a place to stay, if peradventure you get lucky with an abode, all that should be in your head or your priority is to get your own place and while you are at it, act responsible in the domicile you are managing.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Goldieluks: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts:

I like you Goldieluks. Wishing to get to knowing you again.

Wishing to get to know me again? Have we met before?
grin
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
Goldieluks:

Wishing to get to know me again? Have we met before?
grin

Maybe maybe not. Who knows? Thats if you believe in the after life or re-incarnation, but I feel as though I have met you in my former life.

Your name seems so vivid and alive in my senses. Your name reminds me or perhaps advocates within me a possibility I cannot fathom. A wish so powerful only you can fill.

Please nairalanders keep it coming. Im feeling as though I have overstayed here. Probably 30 days and I need to make a decision.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts: From the responses so far, it is apparent that people consider two weeks to be wise and one person said two years is quite abnormal but the person I am still going to agree with is the folk who posited that one should not plan to stay longer than he or she should (say two months).

Ideal thing is that once you move into a strange land without a place to stay, if peradventure you get lucky with an abode, all that should be in your head or your priority is to get your own place and while you are at it, act responsible in the domicile you are managing.

Shame to all judging his english,the guy is not as bad as initially thought!LOL
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
moreeni:

Shame to all judging his english,the guy is not as bad as initially thought!LOL

Nice name Ma'am.

I am not that best in english. Afterall I was not a Briton, I am a Nigerian born.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by Goldieluks: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
richarts:

Maybe maybe not. Who knows? Thats if you believe in the after life or re-incarnation, but I feel as though I have met you in my former life.

Your name seems so vivid and alive in my senses. Your name reminds me or perhaps advocates within me a possibility I cannot fathom. A wish so powerful only you can fill.

Please nairalanders keep it coming. Im feeling as though I have overstayed here. Probably 30 days and I need to make a decision.

So you've been messing about with your gbagaunlicious english?
Yea I know that book, its called "Goldilocks and three bears".
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by RudySmith(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
cynthio: I was asked 2 accomodate a girl I nvr knew 4 just a few days. It's been 4 months now and she is yet 2 get a place. At 1st I was comfortable sharing my things with her and feeding her( not 3 square meal though). But she hardly buys anything( not even pure water). Of course I got tired n stopped buying 4 two. And now, I no longer look her way. I sometimes feel bad nt providing these things, but hey I'm just a student and nt a salary earner. Honestly, I can't wait 4 her 2 leave, cos I'm tired.

Accomodate a stranger 4 a few days should only b possible if there is a clear day of moving out. Grow some balls or simply create an aunt/uncle that is coming 2 stay with u very soon and so stranger needs 2 move out ASAP. U r what is called a sucker, it should b UR HOUSE UR RULES, and nothing else. If stranger doesn't like it, they can always go and b a parasite at someone else's crib.

Here is my advice 2 u: get off NL, walk up 2 that stranger in ur home and tell these exact words:"Tonight is ur last night in my house, I can't take it any longer and i need my space back. I have been cool with having u but now i don't want u any longer here." and simply walk away.
Re: Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long by yohannazack(m): 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
It depends on ur relationship wit d person, the nature of d apatment he is ocupyin. Also, it depends on wat took u there. If its biz/u jst got a new job like in my case, u may need atleast 2 months to enable u raiz some money and to understand d town, befo u rent ur own apartment. Finally, considerin d rate of insecurity in nigeria, one really needs to be mind of where he/she wil want to live, and d proximity frm he/she woks. My opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / First Son Named After Wife's First Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.