Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (844090 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by soreola(f): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
@ARareGem Amen! Thanks smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 15, 2013
Thanks soreola, i pray you see the little gal soon, sound and healthy in Jesus name
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2013
A pleasant morning everyone smiley
Gracie, i'll post my contribution later in the day. Love your siggy by the way smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle: A pleasant morning everyone smiley
Gracie, i'll post my contribution later in the day. Love your siggy by the way smiley
Thanks, and your siggy

So on point.wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2013
soreola: @ARareGem Amen! Thanks smiley
Please update us about the little girl, can't do more than pray from our end hey.

Good morning to the house smiley

And I am glad we showed support to our sister...God bless you all abundantly.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2013
OPEN HEAVEN
TOPIC: SET UP
MEMORISE: Ephesians 6:11
READ: 1 Samuel 11:1-5
BIBLE IN 1YR: 2 Kings 11-14

In 2Kings 5:20,Gehazi not only resolved to pursue Naaman but also to take something from him. Little wonder he got what he sought! Matthew 7:7 says it is what you seek that you will find. What are you seeking? When this question was thrown at Paul,he said he was seeking to know Jesus & the power of His resurrection,& he got it. Be careful of what you are searching for! However,there is a dangerous twist when Naaman turned to receive & attend to Gehazi. This simply tells us that the devil makes backsliding very easy. Gehazi didn't have to run after Naaman for too long. If he did,he would probably would have grown tired & could have changed his mind. It is common knowledge that you don't need much strength to descend a hill. Usually,while facing temptation,the devil makes it so alluring & easy to get. He tells his potential victim to go ahead & immediately feed on his or lust. This is one reason to suspect any thing that seems good but appears so easy to achieve;it could just be a satanic booby trap! Satan easily plans the fall of men & women. He sets people up. Have you ever wondered what Uriah's wife was doing naked at that time of the day,considering it was not yet night? David got up from bed & he felt like taking a stroll;unknown to him,satan had set up both of them to fall into the sin of adultery. EVERY SATANIC SETUP TO BRING U DOWN SHALL FAIL. James 4:8 says if you choose to pursue God,He will equally simplify the process for you. For every step you take towards God,he will take a longer stride towards you. In other words,if you truly want to serve God in the midst of difficult circumstances,He will be there to back you up with His Grace.

KEY POINT: To sin is like going down a slope, while to live holy is like climbing a hill.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 8:59am On Aug 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks, and your siggy

So on point.wink
Lol just an unbidden thought that came to mind this morning smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Lol just an unbidden thought that came to mind this morning smiley
smart...

Moving on, your message just pulled one string that had a grip on me for almost 2years now.

Uj_sizzle: Usually,while facing temptation,the devil makes it so alluring & easy to get. He tells his potential victim to go ahead & immediately feed on his or lust. This is one reason to suspect any thing that seems good but appears so easy to achieve;it could just be a satanic bosom trap! Satan easily plans the fall of men & women. He sets people up.
This is true and seems to be taking a tall on most of us, just glad that we learn nu things everyday, and it doesn't even take a lifetime for us to realise our wrongs.

Heavenly father thank you for your word, make us not only the hearers but those who live what they preach. We thank you in Jesus name amen.

Sigh....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2013
hi brodas and sisters in the faith.just going through some of ur write tops and frankly i find it really fantatic.pis how can i participate cause i am new.just joined nairaland.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2013
Suleemmanuel: hi brodas and sisters in the faith.just going through some of ur write tops and frankly i find it really fantatic.pis how can i participate cause i am new.just joined nairaland.
first to say hi grin grin

There is a joining fee of $100 then the screening process for your identity card, stack of application papers etc, oh and $10 maintenance fee monthly.

That said, welcome to Nairaland grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: first to say hi grin grin

There is a joining fee of $100 then the screening process for your identity card, stack of application papers etc, oh and $10 maintenance fee monthly.

That said, welcome to Nairaland grin
.Just hope u are not that serious.by the way what is d topic of discussion presently
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2013
Suleemmanuel: hi brodas and sisters in the faith.just going through some of ur write tops and frankly i find it really fantatic.pis how can i participate cause i am new.just joined nairaland.
Second to say hi grin

Welcome Sule...a northerner eh? You are already participating by making yourself known smiley
Read through the first page, that should give you an overview of what we do here.
Don't be a stranger now, come in as often as you can, take part in our weekly activities, say hello and share a word or two. We'd like to partake in your joys and pray with you in trying times. Stayed blessed smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
Suleemmanuel: .Just hope u are not that serious.by the way what is d topic of discussion presently
She's kidding tongue
We' re discussing the book of John, chapter 1 currently. Read back a page or two to see ARareGem and HBG's contribution. We hope you read and share your views too.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
Suleemmanuel: .Just hope u are not that serious.by the way what is d topic of discussion presently
was kidding love, Uj have taken it away.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Second to say hi grin

Welcome Sule...a northerner eh? You are already participating by making yourself known smiley
Read through the first page, that should give you an overview of what we do here.
Don't be a stranger now, come in as often as you can, take part in our weekly activities, say hello and share a word or two. We'd like to partake in your joys and pray with you in trying times. Stayed blessed smiley
.Thanks a lot bro. frm edo state
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:41am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Stayed blessed smiley
[size=50pt]Daylight suicide grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:41am On Aug 15, 2013
Suleemmanuel: .Thanks a lot bro. frm edo state
Edo and Sule?? How'd that happen
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:44am On Aug 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
[size=50pt]Daylight suicide grin grin[/size]
tongue

Hope he knows i'm female...not a 'bro'
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Edo and Sule?? How'd that happen
.History will explain that better.many pple frm edo are muslims unless converted.like my dad
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
tongue

Hope he knows i'm female...not a 'bro'
chai, we get that a lot...we might as well embrace it na, its fun.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: chai, we get that a lot...we might as well embrace it na, its fun.
.sorry have to be concious next time undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by quindebbie: 10:30am On Aug 15, 2013
Good mornin brethren hope u all slept well? Whtz new wit u al?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2013
Suleemmanuel: .sorry have to be concious next time undecided
yes, check the blue m or pink f infront of our names.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by beyonDskygirl(f): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2013
Hi all, just signed in hope i'm welcomed nice things you guys are doing here. Kudos
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2013
beyonDskygirl: Hi all, just signed in hope i'm welcomed nice things you guys are doing here. Kudos
Most welcome sis, glad to have u in our midst.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2013
Welcome bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2013
I'm in love with the first few verses of this book. I love especially Johns symbolic use of common everyday things to point spiritual realities. Verses 1-18 is a literary masterpiece; it explains in Johns view the nature of Christ. This introductory lines summarises Jesus' divinity, his mission on earth and His promise of the gift of eternal life to all who believes and accepts him. Christ was in the beginning with God, he was the first light; the same light that gave everything life, and this light was sent back to the world to reconcile it to God. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness could not overcome it. As Christians, we are reminded of the immeasurable love of God for us; the same love that made him send Christ to die for us, to show us the right way to please the Father. He is the true Light who gives light to every man coming into the world. And we are given the right of adoption as long as we receive and believe in him smiley. It's a wonderful Father we serve. Sometimes i sit and think how incredibly mad this love is! It's crazy..it's beyond crazy, it's overwhelming and awesomely perfect cheesy and we have been given a divine mandate: John 1:19-34 that just as John the Baptist bore witness to the Light, we who have received the gift of life should also bear witness on earth. We are his ambassadors- the John and Paul and Peter of our time. We should not be ashamed to preach the GoodNews everywhere we go, and live as lights. Ephesians 5:8 says "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light". And verse 13, "But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light".

The last few verses teaches us about seeking. Two of John's disciples followed Jesus, and when he asked he asked what they sought, they demanded to know where he stayed. This is the welcoming arms of Christ smiley Are you lost, in need of something? Christ has his arms wide open, all you need do is seek him diligently and you will find him. Ask of him, and you will receive. It's that easy. God has made serving him so easy, that you don't have a reason not to smiley He has thrown the door wide open and asks only that we open our eyes and see what free gifts he has to offer us....why won't we take it
Andrew also went to tell his brother that he had found the messiah. Have you told someone about Christ? I read somewhere one day a story of one of those Christian-Atheist tiring arguments. When they were done, the atheist said, "the most interesting part of your argument wasn't what Jesus could do for me, it was what he has done for you". Brothers, if preaching about what Christ can do will not get them, how about a change of approach? It's time to start sharing how he has changed your life. We weren't given an account of what Andrew and the other disciple did during the few hours they spent with Christ, but we do know it was enough for him to seek his brother and share his new discovery smiley
Christ saw Nathaniel before Philip called him. We have been predestined to be in God's own through our union with Christ (Eph1:4). Are we going to tarry to accept this calling? Stop dragging your feet already grin and share in the benefits of being the child of a king cos that's exactly what we are when we receive Jesus.

Finally, we have been given abundant grace out of his fullness and numerous blessings. Let us share what gift we have been given with others and gradually draw them into Christ's light smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by nuwell(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2013
Welcome suleemmanuel and beyonDskygirl
Hello everyone! :-D
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Royally(f): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2013
Hi all, enjoying the exposition on John Chapter 1. My eyes are actually opening to things I wasn't seeing before. @ uj_sizzle, HBG and ARareGem, thanks so much.

suleemmanuel and beyonDskygirl, u're welcome. You're definitely in the right place cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Frm john1vs12 it is clear that as children of God we require grace in form of power as the rsv puts it to function. after recieving D light we are given d power to proceed and succed.it is one thing to recieve and another to belive.sometimes we find it difcult to run this race not that Jesus is not in us but because we fail to believe in the pwr that has been given to us yet unclaimed.put this to test and see the simplicity in running this race.they may be lapses sometimeas they try to build up faith in us.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by soreola(f): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Damex333: Thanks soreola, i pray you see the little gal soon, sound and healthy in Jesus name
HumbledbYGrace: Please update us about the little girl, can't do more than pray from our end hey.

Good morning to the house smiley

And I am glad we showed support to our sister...God bless you all abundantly.
Damex333: Thanks soreola, i pray you see the little gal soon, sound and healthy in Jesus name

@damex33 Amen, thanks

@HumbledbYGrace Will do.

Thanks all and Good Afternoon grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kitay(f): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hi Beloved,
Hw is every1's day coming along?

Sule and Beyond, Welcome to God's Family, where every1 ȋ̝̊̅§ somebody and very important.

@ UJ, whaoo, I Love the last part of ur write up talks about reaching out!!!
The word of God is new every morning indeed!

@ ARG And HBG, Great work up there!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Lame Leaps / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.