Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,324 members, 7,850,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (843980 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
idnoble135: ^
Ok... cheesy Where is being studied currently?
the book of John chapter one untill 2mrw midnight then we can go on to chapter 2.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
^
meaning i can also make a post also on it before tomorrow midnight?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
idnoble135: ^
meaning i can also make a post also on it before tomorrow midnight?
yes

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thank you Kitay, that was insightful smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kitay: ... Let us pray that we may be of the same spirit as Nathanael. An honest, unprejudiced mind--a child-like willingness to follow the truth, wherever the truth may lead us--a simple, hearty desire to be guided, taught, and led by the Spirit--a thorough determination to use every spark of light which we have--are a possession of priceless value. A man of this spirit may live in the midst of much darkness, and be surrounded by every possible disadvantage to his soul. But the Lord Jesus will take care that such a man does not miss the way to heaven. "The meek will he guide in judgment--and the meek will he teach his way." (Psalm 25:9.)

Did you compose this write-up yourself, sis? It's beautiful. The above is very poignant. It's a terrible danger to seek to amass anything. This is why our Lord continued to insist that we be faithful in the trust committed to us however little it might be.

I have had a hard time of it myself learning to simply walk in what I have come to understand and trust the Lord for correction and greater light. In fact, I have had to be reminded and called back to it rather often.

Thank you for sharing, sis.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:25am On Aug 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Royally(f): 12:59am On Aug 18, 2013
@yetseyi

Happy birthday dearie, pray this day opens up a new chapter of love, joy, peace and greater exploits for you in Jesus' name. Enjoy your day 'cos Christ is in charge of your future!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 18, 2013
Good morning everyone.
I want to make a contribution to the text being discussed. Do bear with me, because i really feel lazy to type what you guys type(i mean being bulky). Permit me to type as brief as i can. And to make it easier, i'd highlight my points. Thank you.
Like i was told, the spot light is the Gospel of Saint John chapter one.
Knowing fully well that much has been discussed, i want to share something brief with us from this text.
Looking at verse 4 which reads, "In him was life and the life was the light of men". This is a beautiful verse. Like we already know, the Apostle John here is talking about the Lord Jesus Christ as revealed in verse 14. So, we are told that " in him was life and the life was the light of men". In other words, the kind of life Jesus lived serve as a light for men. What is the essence of light, to bring illumination and direction. That means people could look at Jesus and could get direction for their lives. His life was a standard to men. And here, we must know that this verse addressed to Jesus but it is also addressed to us indirectly. Because the life Jesus had is what we now have.
You can verify that with this verses John 5:26. John 10:10 , John 10:28.
So, since we also have this life, men ought to look up to us. We need to become the Jesus they can see. Not to take the place of Christ but to show them who Christ is. No wonder Paul said, "Imitate me as i imitate Christ". 1 Cor 11:1ESV.
Lets live the kind of life that Jesus lived, bearing in mind that we are models in this world, we are the light bearers in this generation.
"...that ye may be blameless and
unoffending, the
sons of God,
without rebuke in
the midst of a
crooked and perverse nation,
AMONG WHOM YE
SHINE AS LIGHTS IN THE
WORLD". Phil 2:15 .
The life Jesus had was manifested in His lifestyle. We can not claim to have that life and our lifestyle says otherwise. If a lot of a category of people would ever come to Jesus, our words will never touch them. But when they see how we live, then, they can see Jesus in us and be saved, then we are living in the light of John 1:4.
Food for thought: If our lives pleases God, it will effortlessly attract men to God. The greatest way we can preach the gospel is by our life. Matt 5:16

4 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 18, 2013
Oh no! I cant believe i wrote something that long. cheesy I tried making it short... Its well.. lol.
Though i dont really know you, i still say "happy birthday" to Yetseyi. Wishing you many more years of fruitfulness, success and fulfillment. God be with you. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 18, 2013
Happy birthday Yetseyi. I pray that the Lord will accomplish that which concerns you, He shall bless you and increase you. May His face continually shine upon you and may u abide under His shadow forever. New grace, new strength, fresh anointing to breakthrough and do exploit, new/lasting testimonies e.t.c. are my wishes for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:41am On Aug 18, 2013
Happy Birthday Yetseyi....The LORD will satisfy you with long life and show you His salvation.....pls kindly read Isaiah 61:7....

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 5:04am On Aug 18, 2013
[size=13pt]
10. If I intend buying you something for your Birthday and I ask you to make a wish, what will it be?

[/size]
yetseyi:

10. wow I would want a lovely wristwatch nd a pair of shoes btw my bday is cuming up soon
Manage these e-gifts..when we see in reality I will produce the real ones grin

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2013
haa tanks everyone .
dagr8 tanks 4 d gift
HBG I couldnt send a PM dunno wat happened ooo
Im off 2 church catch u all later
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superior1: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Got things on my mind but wish to share this with Christian ladies. Whether married or not, keep this in the hollow of your thoughts.

There is something that guy saw and got him attracted to you in the first instance, he will probably say some or most of it in the first few months of your relationship. While I understand only change is permanent in life, do all you can to maintain those traits he saw in you (especially if you got hooked with him).

Do have a splendid service at church today.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2013
Happy birthday, Yetseyi! smiley May this day begin a new and beautiful adventure in your walk with God. May your path shine brighter and brighter unto that perfect day.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2013
Happy birthday Yetseyi kiss
Wish you a beautiful phase in life and losta joy it'll make your heart burst.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2013
Wow.. I would have love to drop mind understanding of john chapter 1 but most of the people here did justice 2 it. I will be back
happy birthday yetseyi. Wishing long life and prosperity. May this day bring into your life renewed oil to serve God MORE. May it bring into your life new power to serve in God's house.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kitay(f): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2013
Happy Birthday Yetseyi.
When Divinity meets Humanity, u knw what happen's
John 1:14,
More of God's Glory to you dear!
Hv a Blast today and always.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2013
May this new year be your best year yet. Happy Birthday, Yetseyi. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superior1: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jesus Christ had such power on earth and over all the elements of the world that He could make all of them respond to His thoughts and desires(mind) even without uttering a word.

But He had to speak throughout His stay on earth so that we all can always find a Word to hold on to in times of need,an anchor for the soul. He also used that to show us the need to always speak out to and in every situations we find ourselves.

Lessons:
If those words worked for Him, then it can work for you. Never allow your situations to weigh you down, speak to it, address it, there is power in your word

Dont wish it away, pray it away!

Romans 10:10
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

John 14:13
You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by BukkyDan(f): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
HBD yetseyi, wishin ya LLNP. God bless you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
thanks evry one
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135: Oh no! I cant believe i wrote something that long. cheesy I tried making it short... Its well.. lol.
Though i dont really know you, i still say "happy birthday" to Yetseyi. Wishing you many more years of fruitfulness, success and fulfillment. God be with you. Amen.
Thanks dear for sharing with us, you shed some light into the chapter and I believe you were closing it for us?

How was church everyone?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks dear for sharing with us, you shed some light into the chapter and I believe you were closing it for us?

How was church everyone?

Victorious..ma

Good afternoon al...am adeyemi olayemi samuel...
Sumhw new here,,,,
Happy To be here....jesus loves u al

Happy birthday yetseyi

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ajibam:

Victorious..ma

Good afternoon al...am adeyemi olayemi samuel...
Sumhw new here,,,,
Happy To be here....jesus loves u al

Happy birthday yetseyi
grin grin grin

You know that verse that says heaven rejoice when a single soul is saved? That's how I feel everytime I see someone new....your welcome dear.

Feel free to pop by now and then, to chat, pray, ask for prayers, share your joys or pains if there are any.

Love your siggy by the way grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: grin grin grin

You know that verse that says heaven rejoice when a single soul is saved? That's how I feel everytime I see someone new....your welcome dear.

Feel free to pop by now and then, to chat, pray, ask for prayers, share your joys or pains if there are any.

Love your siggy by the way grin

Alright ma...

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ajibam:

Alright ma...
smiley shoto
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
@Ajibam, you are welcome. Feel at home here.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135: @Ajibam, you are welcome. Feel at home here.

Yes sir
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mark11vs24
"I tell you,you can pray for anything,and if you believe that you've received it,it will be urs"

That is what dis gospel of christ is built on,,,,believing!!!
If you don't BELIEVE in christ,there is no salvation for you..
Faith which encompasses belief in christ jesus is the sole Element that make us his child(galatians3vs26)

Jesus said,this signs shall follow those that BELIEVE... It is our role as Christians to believe,it is the only way we can command the mountain to move and it will...like a mustard seed...

Maranatha

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by soreola(f): 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Happy Birthday yetseyi, many more wonderful years ahead in Jesus name, God bless you!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2013
Good morning, beautiful people! Have a blessed week. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Fear Has Torment / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.