Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (832848 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lovlea07(m): 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
Good morning belovers. May the grace of God continue to dwell with us all. Amen.

Are you a singer? an actor/actress? A story writer? A preacher? Or a prayer warrior residing in Lagos?
His Proclaimers' Team, a team with vision to proclaim the gospel of our lord Jesus to all nations needs serious minded talented people to help with fulfilling their dream.

If you're interested, call the Team leader
Evang Ifeoluwa Oladokun on 07086350872 or send an email to oladlove@gmail.com.

God bless you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ihedinobi3: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
budaatum:

This was the answer to my question, ihe, and all I asked for. Thanks for it.

I choose to have faith in people myself. I check the evidence on their body and do not take Paul's word for it that their body is full of sin because Paul never met the people I meet so isn't exactly in a position to be telling me what fills their body. I do not ever think people are being dishonest, lying, deceiving or have bodies full of sin, unless I see sin in their body myself, because once I make the assumption that their body is full of sin it affects how I behave towards them. I'd likely find it difficult to love them if I assumed their body were full of sin already, so I always check their body first and not just assume their body is full of sin.

If I do not check their body first to see if it is full of sin, it's like I'm covering my eyes so I don't see the evidence because the preconceived belief Paul put in my head is the absolute truth and its not possible for me or Paul to be wrong! But covering my eyes and not checking the evidence is like blinding myself, and is, at the very least, an act that would be like filling my own body with sin and while focusing on the speck of sin on the bodies of others. Paul is no excuse to make me fill my body with sin like that!

In my checking first, and not just taking Paul's word for it, I have found lots of unsinful bodied people too. Perhaps because my thoughts of them is they are unsinful they live up to my unsinning expectations. This might be because I live amongst people who don't sin so much because they been learning to not sin for close on 2000 years, but even in Nigeria, I don't tend to find most people I meet have bodies full of sin. I know my body is not full of sin so why would I go about thinking everyone else's body is full of sin?

You are correct about buda, ihe, buda has not got faith in the Bible. Jesus met a lot of people who had 'faith' in the Bible of his day and some of the names he called such people were not exactly those that promote a behaviour I should emulate so my faith is in the Lord God Almighty whom I see not and in my fellow human beings whom I do see, because how
I treat the least of my fellow humans whom I see, "ye have done it unto me". I do not focus on the body because my focus is on your mind.
As I always say, you are welcome to your beliefs. I don't care about them. If you love the Truth, great for you, and I'm happy to make friends since we love the same Person. If you hate the Truth, bad for you, and I'm under no compulsion to be friends especially if I have to endure a constant assault on the Truth from you. In the end, whether you love or hate the Truth, you alone gain and you alone lose. My only gain comes from having an easier relationship with you if we share the same attitude to the Truth. Otherwise, it really is none of my business.

Still, your post seems to have answered my question: you don't care at all whether I interpret the Bible correctly or not. Your sole interest is to corrupt what I say with your challenges. You will attack me for interpreting, alleging that all interpretations are equally valid, and that I wish to subordinate other people to myself. Clearly, you don't care if either of these allegations you make is true. Your business is to make them, so that I have an obstacle to deal with. If I get past that, you just find another and throw my way. Now, if it were just me whom you were troubling, I would not care so much, if at all, because they are easy enough challenges to dismiss. But I have many weak brothers and sisters for whose sake I bother to post on this platform. Whether it is your intent or not, your constant antagonism opposes their well-being. That is something for which you will pay extremely dearly on the Day of Jesus Christ, if you do not repent and yield to the Gospel first.

Regarding your claims about Jesus Christ, as with nearly everything you say about the Bible, you are also wrong here. The Lord Jesus condemned the Pharisees and the Scribes for not believing the Bible that they read. He told them that if they did, they would have believed Him too. But, you obviously don't care if the Bible said that at all. You are simply playing to the common narrative that the Pharisees were Bible-thumping hypocrites who ultimately murdered the Lord Jesus, as if believing the Bible were somehow the issue. But, you're just as Bible-thumping and Bible-ignorant as they were with your pretence to competence in biblical theology and your arrogant claim to being the Law. So, it is entirely possible for someone to make a big deal of reading the Bible even while learning and believing nothing in it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Still, your post seems to have answered my question: you don't care at all whether I interpret the Bible correctly or not.
I do care ihe, especially as you are interpreting it on a public forum where thousands will read it and be edified if your interpretation is edifying and die if it is killing!

Ihedinobi3:
Regarding your claims about Jesus Christ, as with nearly everything you say about the Bible, you are also wrong here. The Lord Jesus condemned the Pharisees and the Scribes for not believing the Bible that they read.
I understand him to be condemning the scribes and the Pharisees for believing and for not doing what was written in the bible that they should actually do. Or is that not the lesson taught in the parable of the Samaritan with its very believing but not doing priest and Levite, and that of the tax collector with the 'righteous' Pharisee?

In fact ihe, was it not for the sin of excessive believing and not exactly doing that Christ heaped [url=https://biblia.com/bible/Mt%2023.1-39]Seven Woes[/url] on the scribes and the Pharisees?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ihedinobi3: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2019
budaatum:

I do care ihe, especially as you are interpreting it on a public forum where thousands will read it and be edified if your interpretation is edifying and die if it is killing!

I understand him to be condemning the scribes and the Pharisees for believing and for not doing what was written in the bible that they should actually do. Or is that not the lesson taught in the parable of the Samaritan with its very believing but not doing priest and Levite, and that of the tax collector with the 'righteous' Pharisee?

In fact ihe, was it not for the sin of excessive believing and not exactly doing that Christ heaped [url=https://biblia.com/bible/Mt%2023.1-39]Seven Woes[/url] on the scribes and the Pharisees?
Actually, no, it wasn't the lesson at all. The lessons were that

1. Christians ought to look out for one another in every way and at all times, even at cost to ourselves, because that is what it means to love your neighbor; and

2. the tax collector, rather than the Pharisee, was the one who understood the Law, believed it, and did as it demanded, because the Law teaches that we are all sinners in desperate need of God's Mercy, and that God is a God of both Justice and Mercy, and is not only willing, but also able and desirous to forgive the sinner, if they ask for mercy, and also that God calls all sinners, no matter what their sin - whether it is a little or plenty, ignorant or arrogant, great or small - to repent and ask for His Mercy.

John 5:46-47 is clear that the religious elite of His Day did not believe the Bible at all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Actually, no, it wasn't the lesson at all. The lessons were that

1. Christians ought to look out for one another in every way, because that is what it means to love your neighbor; and

2. the tax collector, rather than the Pharisee, was the one who understood the Law, believed it, and did as it demanded, because the Law teaches that we are all sinners in desperate need of God's Mercy, and that God is a God of both Justice and Mercy, and is not only willing, but also able to forgive the sinner, if they ask for mercy.

John 5:46-47 is clear that the religious elite of His Day did not believe the Bible at all.
I am looking out for you because you are my neighbour and not because you are a Christian, ihe.
Jesus told me to, “Go and do likewise" when he warned me with the Parable of the Priest of God who for fear of becoming defiled wouldn't look out for the pagan Samaritan not knowing he defiled himself by not doing.

John 5:46-47 refers to their belief and acceptance of Christ, and not about their understanding and belief in their Bible of the day, which they preached and told others to believe but themselves "did not practice". They constantly threw their belief at Christ too with their 'why you working on the Sabbath', 'why you no wash your hands', 'why you eating with those sinners', 'who are you to forgive sin', 'who are you to raise the dead', 'there is a demon in you' etc!

I put it to you that they did 'believe' ihe, just like satan also believes, and that understanding and doing what is said in the Bible is what they lacked.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
This is a learning platform which is interactive, it is not about *imposing my beliefs on you or anybody*, if you know and you do not share and interact, the spring of life (Christ Jesus) inside you is not being allowed to gush up to eternal life{John 4:13-14};

this question you did not clarify me on it,
"How do you create the biblical balance that;
human beings do not inherit their parents sins, ancestors sins yet they inherit *body of sin from our fathers*; this *fathers are they not part of our ancestors*?"

2. A body of sin is a different thing from the specific sins we commit. The body of sin is our body which is corrupted so that we remain in a constant struggle against sin as long as we live in it. Sins are the actual things that we think, say, and do which displease God. Inheriting a body of sin is not then the same as inheriting somebody else's actual sins.

My contribution here; the body of sin meant by Paul in Romans 6:6 is not *human body which is created as a corrupted entity* else "God is being defined as corrupted because man was created in the image and likeness of God" {Genesis 1:26-28}
another thing that will help here is "body of sin" was used by paul in Rom. 6:6 then in Rom.6:12 "mortal body" was used.
Rom.6:6 "body of sin" in my own understanding is "the attempted dominion/control/blackmail/manipulation of the devil over a human being the moment he/she starts committing sin" which happens when "sin which is transgression/disobedience of instruction/rule/law/regulation of God takes place {1 John 3:4, James 4;17} hence a baby/child does not have *body of sin* just like Adam and Eve did not have a body of sin in Genesis 1 & 2 until they disobeyed/sinned against God in Genesis 3 then *this body of sin* was activated in them hence *body of sin* gets *activated in any man or woman when he/she starts sinning either by omission or commission* not *something inherited from God His Creator; the Father of all Spirits and life{Hebrews 12:9} during creation or inherited from parents whether believers or unbelievers {Ezekiel 18:20}*, if Adam and Eve did not sin in Genesis 3 there will be no *body of sin activated in mankind* hence there will be no need for salvation/redemption by Jesus Christ.
Another insight to understand *body of sin* and when it gets activated in each human being not as an inherited habit is this passage "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" {Genesis 2:16-17 KJV} hence death is made active *only in those who disobey instructions* which does not fit in with little babies/children. Disobedience to God activates *body of sin* which *brings* death, body of sin is not just our continued struggle against sin inherited from God through creation or from human parents or Adam/ancestors. This is Romans 6:6 KJV "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin"; the *body of sin* analysed here is *commission and omissions* of a knowledgeable human being that must be surrendered to Christ for *complete destruction* which *makes him/her to *serve sin* and not * a human inherited corrupt nature that struggle against sin*
Sin can only be committed by a man or woman who has *knowledge* of instructions/rules/law not a child/baby.
"mortal body" in my own understanding is *the body, soul and spirit of man as was created in the resemblance of God without any corruption yet has a free-will/free-choice to agree or disagree with God{His Creator}" because God saw that *all* he created *was good* which does not imply *corruption*.
Having *a corrupt body that remains in constant struggle against sin* is for those who *have knowledge* and not for babies/children who do not know what is *sin*.
What you are trying to stand upon is "trying to say that man is inherently evil from conception" which is tagged *gnosticism*{one of the heresies of 2nd and 3rd centuries} just like so many people misinterpret Psalm 51 where David said "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" {Psalm 51:5 KJV} as if it is saying we were created by *sinful God* or *we inherited sin from our parents* instead of the *interpretation* that *sin's effect of death, sickness, wars, chaos, diabolical-manipulations, witch-crafty, devil's impacts, abortion e.t.c is being felt by every human being starting from the womb.
This is my little contribution to your point number-2, I will get to others where I have issues later.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
Let married couples *appreciate each others commitment no matter how little* much more is that we should keep on praying for *grace* upon married persons to *build their homes in love, peace, forgiveness, understanding and mutual selfless giving* and never to compete with another person's *family lifestyle* or circumstances.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
"The LORD(Jesus Christ) is *trustworthy* in *all his words*
and *faithful* in all he does"
(Psalm 145:13 NIV)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
It is not the disadvantages of sin/bad-habits that will help a man/woman or scare us away from repeating them again, fear of punishment/consequences of addictions/wrong-behavior/sinful-living can only keep us away for a while as human beings then we will get back to it in a more deadly approach just like someone who was delivered of 1-demon then the demon goes out and later comes back finding the space empty then goes to invite 7-demons more and the last status of that person becomes more horrible than the 1st-time of deliverance. Just ask Jesus Christ to release his mercy, grace and love from His throne of grace to deliver you from this *bad-habit*. This same approach is *applicable* to every lifestyle that is *unpleasant to the Holy Spirit* in the life of every human being and His deliverance/freedom is *instant-certain-consistent-forever* because He is GOD.
Great Grace!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
I believe in Jesus Christ over *any and all* things!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
Jesus Christ does not invite a man/woman to engage in his assignment *immediately* without *an assurance of future with positive results here on earth* and also the *indwelling assurance of eternal life*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2019
HOLY GHOST, WE SUBMIT TO YOUR ABSOLUTE CONTROL!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
There is time for everything

There is time for every man

There is time for every work

There is time for every purpose to manifest.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
Lord lift me up
And let me stand
by faith on Heaven's table-land,
a higher grace
than I have found
Lord plant my feet
on a higher ground. Amen.
Praying and Singing.....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
It is not the disadvantages of sin/bad-habits that will help a man/woman or scare us away from repeating them again, fear of punishment/consequences of addictions/wrong-behavior/sinful-living can only keep us away for a while as human beings then we will get back to it in a more deadly approach just like someone who was delivered of 1-demon then the demon goes out and later comes back finding the space empty then goes to invite 7-demons more and the last status of that person becomes more horrible than the 1st-time of deliverance. Just ask Jesus Christ to release his mercy, grace and love from His throne of grace to deliver you from this *bad-habit*. This same approach is *applicable* to every lifestyle that is *unpleasant to the Holy Spirit* in the life of every human being and His deliverance/freedom is *instant-certain-consistent-forever* because He is GOD.
Great Grace!!!
Meditate on the meaning and implications of the word too (you likely mean this, ochibu), and your body will not be so full of sinning, by God's Grace.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
No power of hell
No schemes of man
shall ever pluck me
from His hands
till He returns
or
calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand. Amen.
Praying and singing...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
GRACE,
Your grace alone is all I plead for,
grace to serve you aright Lord {Jesus Christ}
fresh grace to love you more. Amen.
Praying and singing....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
"And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers] in Christ Jesus. Amen.
(Acts. 20:32amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST; MY SAVIOR!!!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ihedinobi3: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
budaatum:

I am looking out for you because you are my neighbour and not because you are a Christian, ihe.
Jesus told me to, “Go and do likewise" when he warned me with the Parable of the Priest of God who for fear of becoming defiled wouldn't look out for the pagan Samaritan not knowing he defiled himself by not doing.

John 5:46-47 refers to their belief and acceptance of Christ, and not about their understanding and belief in their Bible of the day, which they preached and told others to believe but themselves "did not practice". They constantly threw their belief at Christ too with their 'why you working on the Sabbath', 'why you no wash your hands', 'why you eating with those sinners', 'who are you to forgive sin', 'who are you to raise the dead', 'there is a demon in you' etc!

I put it to you that they did 'believe' ihe, just like satan also believes, and that understanding and doing what is said in the Bible is what they lacked.
1. I don't really care about what you do, as I said before.

2. You have the story backward. It was a Jew travelling from Jerusalem to Jericho who fell in among false friends who robbed him and nearly murdered him. This is why you get the lesson wrong. A Jew should have been helped by a Priest and a Levite sooner than by anybody else. But they failed in their duty, and a Samaritan, who was almost a Gentile, was the one who helped.

3. About John 5:46-47, you mean to teach me the Bible, budaatum? Do you really believe that I have anything to learn from you about the Bible? Regardless, the words on the page are glaring enough. I would be a fool to bother to add anything to what the text itself says here.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ihedinobi3: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
This is a learning platform which is interactive, it is not about *imposing my beliefs on you or anybody*, if you know and you do not share and interact, the spring of life (Christ Jesus) inside you is not being allowed to gush up to eternal life{John 4:13-14};

this question you did not clarify me on it,
"How do you create the biblical balance that;
human beings do not inherit their parents sins, ancestors sins yet they inherit *body of sin from our fathers*; this *fathers are they not part of our ancestors*?"

2. A body of sin is a different thing from the specific sins we commit. The body of sin is our body which is corrupted so that we remain in a constant struggle against sin as long as we live in it. Sins are the actual things that we think, say, and do which displease God. Inheriting a body of sin is not then the same as inheriting somebody else's actual sins.

My contribution here; the body of sin meant by Paul in Romans 6:6 is not *human body which is created as a corrupted entity* else "God is being defined as corrupted because man was created in the image and likeness of God" {Genesis 1:26-28}
another thing that will help here is "body of sin" was used by paul in Rom. 6:6 then in Rom.6:12 "mortal body" was used.
Rom.6:6 "body of sin" in my own understanding is "the attempted dominion/control/blackmail/manipulation of the devil over a human being the moment he/she starts committing sin" which happens when "sin which is transgression/disobedience of instruction/rule/law/regulation of God takes place {1 John 3:4, James 4;17} hence a baby/child does not have *body of sin* just like Adam and Eve did not have a body of sin in Genesis 1 & 2 until they disobeyed/sinned against God in Genesis 3 then *this body of sin* was activated in them hence *body of sin* gets *activated in any man or woman when he/she starts sinning either by omission or commission* not *something inherited from God His Creator; the Father of all Spirits and life{Hebrews 12:9} during creation or inherited from parents whether believers or unbelievers {Ezekiel 18:20}*, if Adam and Eve did not sin in Genesis 3 there will be no *body of sin activated in mankind* hence there will be no need for salvation/redemption by Jesus Christ.
Another insight to understand *body of sin* and when it gets activated in each human being not as an inherited habit is this passage "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" {Genesis 2:16-17 KJV} hence death is made active *only in those who disobey instructions* which does not fit in with little babies/children. Disobedience to God activates *body of sin* which *brings* death, body of sin is not just our continued struggle against sin inherited from God through creation or from human parents or Adam/ancestors. This is Romans 6:6 KJV "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin"; the *body of sin* analysed here is *commission and omissions* of a knowledgeable human being that must be surrendered to Christ for *complete destruction* which *makes him/her to *serve sin* and not * a human inherited corrupt nature that struggle against sin*
Sin can only be committed by a man or woman who has *knowledge* of instructions/rules/law not a child/baby.
"mortal body" in my own understanding is *the body, soul and spirit of man as was created in the resemblance of God without any corruption yet has a free-will/free-choice to agree or disagree with God{His Creator}" because God saw that *all* he created *was good* which does not imply *corruption*.
Having *a corrupt body that remains in constant struggle against sin* is for those who *have knowledge* and not for babies/children who do not know what is *sin*.
What you are trying to stand upon is "trying to say that man is inherently evil from conception" which is tagged *gnosticism*{one of the heresies of 2nd and 3rd centuries} just like so many people misinterpret Psalm 51 where David said "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" {Psalm 51:5 KJV} as if it is saying we were created by *sinful God* or *we inherited sin from our parents* instead of the *interpretation* that *sin's effect of death, sickness, wars, chaos, diabolical-manipulations, witch-crafty, devil's impacts, abortion e.t.c is being felt by every human being starting from the womb.
This is my little contribution to your point number-2, I will get to others where I have issues later.
About your first paragraph, I know what Nairaland was built for. I also know that it is impossible to learn the Bible through arguments. Only submission to a gifted and prepared Bible teacher makes that happen (Ephesians 4:11-14). That is why I am not prepared to argue with you or any other teacher. If I am questioned about the things I say, I will answer, but I never assume that those who challenge me are either willing or able to learn from me. I answer always to make a witness that the Truth was given to them, and also for the sake of those who may be willing to hear me.

Regarding your question, the difference between the body we inherit from our fathers and the sins we don't inherit from either our fathers or our mothers was my answer. That is, yes, our fathers are among our ancestors, but that does not mean that we inherit their sins. What we inherit from them is the body we have about which Paul says that there is "another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members" (Romans 7:23).

I have already told you that I have no intention to debate with you, so I am not going to comment on the rest of your post.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

1. I don't really care about what you do, as I said before.
I know. You only care about what you believe.

Ihedinobi3:
3. About John 5:46-47, you mean to teach me the Bible, budaatum? Do you really believe that I have anything to learn from you about the Bible? Regardless, the words on the page are glaring enough. I would be a fool to bother to add anything to what the text itself says here.
I wouldn't deign to attempt to teach you the Bible, Ihedinobi3. You already know it all so why would learning me attempt to teach it to know it all you? Thankfully, we are not the only ones on here learning not just from our words but from the Spirit of our Words too which also glare.

Please know that I teach you not. I just cast my seed and let it fall where it may by the GoG, Amen.

Ihedinobi3:

2. You have the story backward. It was a Jew travelling from Jerusalem to Jericho who fell in among false friends who robbed him and nearly murdered him. This is why you get the lesson wrong. A Jew should have been helped by a Priest and a Levite sooner than by anybody else. But they failed in their duty, and a Samaritan, who was almost a Gentile, was the one who helped.
Jesus tends to stretch his lessons a bit, ihe, this is him, said, "buda, let your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees or ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven". I like heaven, see. The peaceful blessing lovely heaven within.

Indeed the "Jew should have been helped by a Priest and a Levite" since they were of the same family who all believed the same things, but the question being answered was "Who is my neighbor?”, and not "Who is my family?" Ihe, it is glaringly there:

“[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]Which[/url] of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

Imagine! Not the priest or the Levite but the not family non-believing defiling pagan worshipping but doing good Samaritan.

The instruction I get is, "buda, go and do likewise".

You must forgive me allowing myself to be ministered to, Ihe.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Only submission to a gifted and prepared Bible teacher makes that happen (Ephesians 4:11-14).
Food for "children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive".

That's why the grown ups only submit to the Lord God Almighty, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost he sent to minister and comfort, otherwise they'd be feeding on the "manna of the ancestors" and not on bread that nourishes.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ihedinobi3: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2019
budaatum:

I know. You only care about what you believe.

I wouldn't deign to attempt to teach you the Bible, Ihedinobi3. You already know it all so why would learning me attempt to teach it to know it all you? Thankfully, we are not the only ones on here learning not just from our words but from the Spirit of our Words too which also glare.

Please know that I teach you not. I just cast my seed and let it fall where it may by the GoG, Amen.

Jesus tends to stretch his lessons a bit, ihe, this is him, said, "buda, let your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees or ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven". I like heaven, see. The peaceful blessing lovely heaven within.

Indeed the "Jew should have been helped by a Priest and a Levite" since they were of the same family who all believed the same things, but the question being answered was "Who is my neighbor?”, and not "Who is my family?" Ihe, it is glaringly there:

“[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]Which[/url] of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

Imagine! Not the priest or the Levite but the not family non-believing defiling pagan worshipping but doing good Samaritan.

The instruction I get is, "buda, go and do likewise".

You must forgive me allowing myself to be ministered to, Ihe.

I have nothing more to say to you about this matter, budaatum, so I must leave the conversation at this point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I have nothing more to say to you about this matter, budaatum, so I must leave the conversation at this point.
You are welcome till we meet again.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2019
Oh, and thank you for your time.

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL NIGERIAN CATHOLIC EX-SEMINARIANS

ONCE A SEMINARIAN ALWAYS A SEMINARIAN
*EX-SEMINARIANS AS AMBASSADORS OF THE CHURCH*

By Rev Fr Angelo Unegbu

My dear brothers, our beloved ex seminarians, I greet you wherever you may be. This message is for all of you whether you stayed just one day in the Junior or Major seminary or you left the seminary a day to your ordination.

Many of you were attracted to the seminary by the burning desire to serve God and humanity in the services of the altar. The purpose of that desire has not yet expired.

I know so many of you who would have become excellent priests. Some of you were expelled for flimsy reasons that a simple warning or cutting of grass could have atoned for. Some of you were expelled for infractions that they did not even commit. Some of you left on their own because you believed that the seminary was not for you. Some of you left as a result of lack of sponsorship. And so on and so forth. In all you did not become priests but you were also NOT rejected by God.

Do not allow that desire to serve God and humanity that once engulfed you to die off. So many people in the Bible and in our time who were, and are, being used by God in special ways are not priests. They were/are people who nursed the same desire like you, but who were or are not deterred by any circumstance from working for God.

It has never been the intention of the Church that every seminarian would become a priest. The plan has always been that those who do not succeed in becoming priests should in their various capacities be ambassadors of the Church, and will conscientiously continue to serve God and humanity in many other ways.

My dear brothers, you are a precious group and rare gem in the Church and society. Living at all nooks and corners of our country and the world you reach out to those places where the priests cannot, and as such are not only ambassadors but also the foot soldiers of God and the Church.

Remember that you are in the majority and more dispersed than priests. You are everywhere and in all professions. Your roles, therefore, in the evangelic mission of God are indispensable and of paramount importance. Now my humble admonitions:

1) Are you sad that you did not make it to the priesthood? Are you still bearing grudges for that priest, senior seminarian, prefect, fellow seminarian who caused your being expelled from, or your leaving, the seminary? Are you still sad when you remember the starvation, punishment that you received while in the seminary? No matter what happened, please forgive! Take a breath and move on.

One door closes and another one opens. Do not close your eyes to see the opening doors. The God who once called you has not stopped calling you. Pay attention to his navigating guidelines and you will understand and appreciate him. God stops calling when you stop answering. He stops directing you when you stop paying attention.

2) Irrespective of where you find yourself now, never you forget that you were called to serve God and humanity in a special way. You still remain one who was called and God's precious mercenary of grace, mercy, solidarity and love. Therefore be careful of the life you lead. You are a layman with a difference; a layman who has seen the corners of the altar. Let whoever comes in contact with you notice that you once had a solid formation in the seminary.

3) As a father respect and love your wife. Train your children well and be an example to them so that the dream of every young woman will be to get married to an ex-seminarian. Let your children be proud of the fact that their father is an ex-seminarian.

4) You are also called to be prophets. Remember that the prophets of old were called but not called to become priests. They did not serve at the altar and yet were the watch dogs of the society. You live with the people and therefore know the societal malaise even more than the priests. Be quick in the condemnation of evil wherever you are. Protect the weak and counsel the ignorant. Be at the forefront of restoring order to our chaotic nation. Let people around you always say: "Let’s be careful of what we do before him because he was once a seminarian."

5) Join non-profit organisations that alleviate the sufferings of humanity. Be ready to help in the work of evangelization as a member of the parish council or pious organisations. When you do this you rekindle once more the fire of your vocation. And the God who called you will always find favour with you.

6) Avoid anything unbecoming of your status. Never join antisocial groups: secret cults, armed robbery, kidnapping gang or cyber-crime. Let such things not be mentioned among you.

7) No one knows the priests like you do. They were your colleagues and friends. You know their strengths and weaknesses. When you hear anything negative about anyone of them, never join the court of public opinion to condemn them. Even if they are not your parish priests visit or call them. Hear them out. Advice and encourage them. They will appreciate it.

cool If you are a teacher encourage your pupils and students to discover and pursue their talents especially in vocational schools. Do well to encourage those who exhibit signs for the priesthood and direct them to the right people.

9) Be available to help foster the growth of your parish and diocese. Assist your parish priests and bishops. Some of you who turned out to be pastors in other Christian denominations, please keep doing your best in building the people of God and the society.

10) We live in a country where politics has been completely commercialized and diabolized. Many priests would have joined politics so as to change the face of politics in Nigeria but are always reminded that the Canon Law does not permit them to be partisan. Unlike the priests, no Canon Law stops you from joining politics. We encourage those of you who have leadership qualities to do so. We need principled and sincere people who would change the rotten pattern of politics in Nigeria otherwise it will be completely be in the hands of the devil soon, if not already.

11) Remember that the God who once called you is still calling you. Remember to see him not only in the Eucharist or his Word but also in the face of suffering masses. As a political leader (for those who will join or have joined politics), insist always on transparency, rule of law and good governance. Even if others abandon you, remain steadfast. That is the only way to liberate our country and save the suffering masses for whom Jesus also died for.

12) Familiarity breeds contempt they say. Do not joke with your prayer life.

13) Always pay visit to your alma mater. Join them for prayers, meals, or games from time to time. Such visits could be really refreshing. Help in the structural development of your alma mater. Make donations to them whenever possible, no matter how small.

14) You are a mediator between the priest and the people. Always let them know what people feel about them. And do let the people know their sacrifices, pains and agonies.

15) Indeed, I am aware of the so many challenges some of you are passing through: Joblessness, childlessness, sickness, loneliness in the midst of people, fitting into the world, deciding for a new vocation, finding a wife and so on. Be assured that we are united with you in prayers.

16) Help your fellow ex-seminarians who up till now have not found their feet in the world out there. Be united with each other in purpose and solidarity. Today, the social media has served to bring most classes together. Be active in the group especially in showing solidarity towards one another. Shine everywhere you are so that like stars we all will help illuminate our dark nation riddled with misrule and wickedness.

17) Indeed many are called but few are chosen. Yes you were not "chosen" to become ministerial priests but don't forget that you were called and are still being called and ‘chosen’ for other vocations. Never stop listening and never stop answering!

May the Holy Eucharist, we unworthy priests who are your colleagues and friends, offer each day be a source of spiritual and corporeal nourishment to you all.

May God bless you and make your life's journey peaceful and prosperous. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2019
Abbah Father, Sanctify us in the truth [set us apart for Your purposes, make us holy]; Your word is truth in Jesus Name. Amen. {John 17:17 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2019
Now to Him who is able to establish and strengthen you [in the faith] according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery [of the plan of salvation] which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now has been disclosed and through the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all the nations, according to the commandment of the eternal God, leading them to obedience to the faith, to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forevermore! Amen.

{Romans 16:25-27 amp}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2019
And He{the Holy Spirit} will also confirm us to the end [keeping us strong and free of any accusation, so that we will be] blameless and beyond reproach in the day [of the return] of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
{1 Cor.1:8 amp}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2019
For this reason [grasping the greatness of this plan by which Jews and Gentiles are joined together in Christ] I bow my knees [in reverence] before the Father [of our Lord Jesus Christ], from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name [God—the first and ultimate Father]. May He grant you out of the riches of His glory, to be strengthened and spiritually energized with power through His Spirit in your inner self, [indwelling your innermost being and personality], so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. And may you, having been [deeply] rooted and [securely] grounded in love, be fully capable of comprehending with all the saints (God’s people) the width and length and height and depth of His love [fully experiencing that amazing, endless love]; and [that you may come] to know [practically, through personal experience] the love of Christ which far surpasses [mere] knowledge [without experience], that you may be filled up [throughout your being] to all the fullness of God [so that you may have the richest experience of God’s presence in your lives, completely filled and flooded with God Himself] in Jesus Name. Amen.
{Ephesians 3:14-19 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do super-abundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen.
{Ephesians 3:20-21 amp}

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.