Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (835066 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:40am On May 29, 2019
I shall ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you for ever. (John 14:16)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:03am On May 29, 2019
God did not create religion, God created man to *fellowship with man till eternity*, man chose to engage in fellowship with *a mere creature and disobeyed God* hence *created religion which is a way human beings choose to communicate with God not willing to listen and learn how God wants them to relate/fellowship with Him*. I am not a religious being rather a container filled with GOD(Christ Jesus) who *manifests/lives* His Beingness through His Holy Spirit *at work inside and around me*, for me and on my behalf. I do not decide who stays or quits from being my friends whether on social media or *real-life* rather *MY CONTENT-GOD-JESUS CHRIST* who attracts those who are inside HIM just as He is inside me *now and forever* as well as those who hunger or are prompted by *grace which alone* makes any human being to believe in His Finished works on Calvary as their immediate personal continuous and eternal inheritance/possession to them as friends. I have nothing on my humanity or ideas or intelligence or properties or possessions to boast about rather Christ Jesus *alone* and Him crucified. Caution about death or physical/spiritual attacks from unbelievers *has been thrown away* about 2019 years ago when *the ancestors of unbelievers crucified MY GOD and LORD JESUS CHRIST on the Cross* without *any offense* however HIS RESURRECTION destroys all fear of biological human death, matchet cut from unbelievers or all those empty threats. The Life I live inside Jesus Christ is *made of immortality/indestructibility* (Hebrews 7:16, 2 Timothy 1:9-10, John 6:47, John 11:25) hence *perfect love(Jesus Christ; GOD) has cast away *all fears in me including fear/threats of deaths/matchet cuts*. My sharing/teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is *never an imposition* rather a *proposal of NEW LIFE* which can *only be made possible by THE HOLY SPIRIT GRACE* not by logic of *superiority of religion* because *Christianity is a LIFESTYLE on its own terrain far-above, better and different from religion* hence if we are going to remain friends or disconnect because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ which I *believe, share now* and will continue to *believe and share* till *eternity* it is dependent on your attitude towards God's grace *reaching out for a fellowship with your soul*
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:01pm On May 30, 2019
“Now My soul is troubled and deeply distressed; what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour [of trial and agony]’? But it is for this [very] purpose that I have come to this hour [this time and place].
[Rather, I will say,] ‘Father, glorify (honor, extol) Your name!’” Then a voice came from heaven saying, “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
(John 12:27-28 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:29pm On May 30, 2019
Christ Jesus *already glorified* and we are *living inside this glorified being in our mortal flesh*

"When Jesus had spoken these things, He raised His eyes to heaven [in prayer] and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify You.
Just as You have given Him power and authority over all mankind, [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him [to be His—permanently and forever]. Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner know] Jesus [as the]
Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You [down here] on the earth by
completing the work that You gave Me to do. Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory and majesty that I had with You before the world existed. the world existed."
(John 17:1-5 amp)

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:51pm On May 30, 2019
"And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to *those who are called according to His plan and purpose*. For those whom He foreknew [and loved and chose beforehand], He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son [and ultimately share in His complete sanctification], so that He would be the firstborn [the most beloved and honored] among many believers. And those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified [declared free of the guilt of sin]; and those whom *He justified*, He also *glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity]*"
(Romans 8:28-30 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:01pm On May 30, 2019
The *glory* that those who believe in Jesus Christ and His finished works on Calvary as their immediate personal and eternal inheritance/reality/possession in their *mortal bodies* as they *carry Christ Jesus inside them* on this earth:

"I have *given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me*, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, *that they may be perfected and completed into one*, so that the world may know [without any doubt] that You sent Me, and [that You] have loved them, just as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given to Me [as Your gift to Me], may be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
“O just and righteous Father, although the world has not known You and has never acknowledged You [and the revelation of Your mercy], yet I have always known You; and these [believers] know [without any doubt] that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will
continue to make it known, *so that the love with which You have loved Me may be in them [overwhelming their heart]*, and I [may be] in them.”
(John 17:22-26 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:50am On May 31, 2019
Our perfection on this earth inside Jesus Christ while having our mortal bodies "whereas Christ, having offered the one sacrifice [the all-sufficient sacrifice of Himself] for sins for all time, SAT DOWN [signifying the completion of atonement for sin] AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD [the position of honor], waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES ARE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. *For by the one offering* He has *perfected forever* and *completely cleansed those who are being sanctified [bringing each believer to spiritual completion and maturity]*."
(Hebrews 10:12-14 amp)
If you *believe* the Holy Spirit *living inside you/I manifests this reality/lifestyle* in our whole being (3-faculties; spirit, soul and body) on this earth every tick of second thus "...as many as there are who *believed* He gave them *power/ability/authority/priviledge/right* to become Children/Sons of God" (John 1:12), "...we *believe* therefore we can manifest *obedience* to God" (Romans 16:26)
This is one of the *very vital benefits* of the finished works of Jesus Christ..."It is finished" also entails *those who believe in Jesus Christ finished works on Calvary and are still continually believing till Jesus Christ comes again*, "It is perfected(they have been perfected once and forever)" {John 19:30}
It does not mean *those who believe in Jesus Christ finished works on Calvary cannot sin* rather their *sinning was because at the point of sinning they did not agree with the belief that Christ Jesus is inside them and always willing through His Holy Spirit to express His Grace which is the ability to *believe we are already *perfect forever* when we *first believed in Christ Jesus* hence Christ Jesus lives His life through our mortal flesh by resisting/rejecting sin, resisting/rejecting worldly passions/desires/thoughts/imaginations, lives holy, righteous, self-controlled life* or that person is among the Christians who *believe every Christian on this earth is commiting sin or atleast is managing sin* which contradicts "...It is finished" (John 19:30), "...there is no excuse for sin" (John 15:22), "...once and for all perfection in Heb.10:12-14", "He has delivered us from *all sin*" (Titus 2:14)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:59am On May 31, 2019
A Christian still hooked/battling with any sinful manifestations?

Ask God for His *mercy and grace* from His throne of grace(inside your heart with all sincerity) to serve Him *acceptably* on this earth *every tick of time* with *Holiness and Godly fear* using Hebrews 4:16, Hebrews 12:28KJV. Also pray for grace to study, believe, understand and apply the word of God *as your lifestyle* everyday of your life *according to Jesus Christ teachings* not just by anybody who cites/quotes/carries the bible because He taught those who *have believed in Him* that *continuity in His word produces authentic freedom from emotional/psychological/fleshly/spiritual chains/entanglements/controls thus "Jesus was speaking to the Jews *who had believed in Him*, if you *continue in my word* then you are my *disciples indeed* then you will know/discover the truth and *the truth will set you free*" (John 8:31-32). Once any Christian *continues to 'study and believe' Jesus Christ finished works on Calvary s his/her own personal and eternal inheritance/reality/lifestyle/manifestation/possession* then the Holy Spirit manifests *incorruptible/uncontaminated/unstained lifestyle* through him/her with ease by HIS GRACE thus "we are born again By the *incorruptible seed of the living word of God* which is ETERNAL(consistent till Jesus Christ comes again)" {1 Peter 1:23). You can start your bible studies today/now from Gospel of St. John Chapter 1:1-51 while you are *active/awake/alert* at your *free-time* not when you are *feeling sleepy*, pray with any *verse/word/passage* that inspired you until you are convinced inside you that *it is now your word with Christ and it is settled/finished for you*, next day take chapter-2, within the next 21-days you must have gone through the whole John's Gospel with *revelations of genuine freedom from any sin*, do not stop continue with either Mark, Matthew, Luke, New testament books then old testament books e.t.c. in order *to connect* to THE NEW LIFE OF CHRIST JESUS *now alive inside you* every tick of time on this earth. You can download and listen to *sound gospel messages by Bro. Gbile Akanni* on youtube. Great Grace Bro!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:17pm On May 31, 2019
Do not allow the comfort of an Air Conditioned office of another person or government-office or parental inheritance to make you *lazy/unwilling* to get your own *company/office/business* however do not assume *that being a workaholic* defines *financial victory* rather *be guided by the Holy Spirit in all that you engage in your mind or lifestyle thus "it is not by power or by might but by the Holy Spirit" (Zechariah 4:6)
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:39am On Jun 01, 2019
The Father loves you for loving me and believing that I came from God
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
"For [if we are] in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but only faith activated and expressed and working through love."
(Gal.5:6 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lakesidepapa(m): 5:41am On Jun 02, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
"For [if we are] in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but only faith activated and expressed and working through love."
(Gal.5:6 amp)

Good Morning Sir and Happy First Sunday of June..

In a dream I just heard, I saw myself sitting alone right on a couch and behold, I saw Jesus Christ directly with his ever glow skin and great appearance entering the room I was, he sat right beside the couch I was sitting and he held my right hand while looking at me with a little smile, I was shaking while I was saying Jesus our lord repeatedly before waking up..

what does this dream mean Sir?

Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by manacurie: 10:53am On Jun 03, 2019
Hi brothers and sisters! I'm glad to know that so many people here are christians! So nice to meet you guys! wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:06am On Jun 04, 2019
"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart]
because it does not see Him or know Him,
but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.
“I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, bereaved, and helpless]; I will come [back] to you." (John 14:16-18 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:20am On Jun 04, 2019
Father, we pray for people born in different religion that does *not believe Jesus Christ your Son as GOD*, that *your grace present in every human being and all your creatures* may move them to *accept THE GOSPEL* beyond *human efforts/strategies of Gospel preachers* through the *unlimited manifestations* Your Holy Spirit in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:09am On Jun 04, 2019
DOMINION MANDATE DAILY DEVOTIONAL
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 2019
YOU BELONG TO GOD (3) – BY POSSESSION
In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God]. Ephesians 1:13 (AMP)
The word "Possession" as indicated in today's title means to be inhabited or occupied. According to Ephesians 1:13, the presence of the Holy Spirit in you indicates that you belong to God. It shows a mark of ownership that you are God's property. The presence of the Holy Spirit does several amazing things in you. First, He comes to recreate in you a new man after the image of God. Then He is in you to enable you live the Christian life. He abides to form in you the character of God -that is the fruit of the Spirit. He is in you to teach and remind you the Word of God. Now that you are born again, He is there in you to activate the force of wisdom and understanding. He is in you to help you pray the will of God. The Holy Spirit abides in you forever. "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" John 4:14. Glory to God! Isn't that beautiful?
Of these tremendous works He does in your life, He ultimately serves as a mark of God's ownership of you; a guarantee of your salvation. The bible calls Him a seal. "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin]." Ephesians 4:30
A SEAL DOES THREE THINGS:
First, it protects from contamination, secondly, it's a means of identification, thirdly, it serves as a mark of ownership. These are the cardinal works of the Holy Spirit in you. He is there to protect you from all defilement. You see, God makes it difficult for a believer to go to hell through the power of the Holy Spirit. Then He is there in you as a means of identification, meaning that in the realm of the spirit, you are identified as belonging to God. Every spirit sees you on white garment by the Holy Ghost with the light of God shinning in you. '... Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. "Romans 8:9.
Finally, The Holy Spirit is in you as proof that we belong to God. By His presence in you, you are His because He inhabit you, you are His property. You belong to God by possession. Hallelujah!

PRAYER:
Abbah My Father, thank you for the gift of Your Holy Spirit which dwell inside of Me and a symbol of Your ownership over my whole life(spirit,soul and body). Please *continue to control my whole life(spirit, soul/emotions/desires/imaginations and body) through Your Holy Spirit from and renew within me every tick of second the *willingness to submit to His Will over my own free-will* in Jesus name. Amen.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:42am On Jun 04, 2019
lakesidepapa:

Good Morning Sir and Happy First Sunday of June..

In a dream I just heard, I saw myself sitting alone right on a couch and behold, I saw Jesus Christ directly with his ever glow skin and great appearance entering the room I was, he sat right beside the couch I was sitting and he held my right hand while looking at me with a little smile, I was shaking while I was saying Jesus our lord repeatedly before waking up..

what does this dream mean Sir?

Jesus is Lord.
Please forgive me for not replying on time, your dream confirms *you have a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ Our God and Lord* and He came to confirm *indeed your healthy relationship with Him* and He is assuring you *continue believing in Him* no matter what is happening in your life *right now*. He is also confirming that *He is inside You Forever(John14:16)* hence whether your current emotions/desires/imaginations/feelings at any point in time on this earth is *manifesting negative* focus your mind on this reality you saw on His Face that *Jesus Christ is smiling at you* which means "He is doing something in your life at every particlular time on this earth and when it manifests you too will smile back at Jesus Christ for taking care of you beyond your human efforts/strategies/expectations" (Habakkuk 1:5)
Your shivering is a sign that you are saying *Lord Jesus Christ, I do not deserve that you should come to meet me because of my sin or past lifestyle or weak human nature* however His smile is saying do not mind; my mercy and grace has made you *qualified* for my visit, friendship and *indwelling forever* by the blood of redemption which is effective forever to perfect all those who believe in me(Hebrews 10:12-14)
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2019
manacurie:
Hi brothers and sisters! I'm glad to know that so many people here are christians! So nice to meet you guys! wink
You are welcome
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lakesidepapa(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

Please forgive me for not replying on time, your dream confirms *you have a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ Our God and Lord* and He came to confirm *indeed your healthy relationship with Him* and He is assuring you *continue believing in Him* no matter what is happening in your life *right now*. He is also confirming that *He is inside You Forever(John14:16)* hence whether your current emotions/desires/imaginations/feelings at any point in time on this earth is *manifesting negative* focus your mind on this reality you saw on His Face that *Jesus Christ is smiling at you* which means "He is doing something in your life at every particlular time on this earth and when it manifests you too will smile back at Jesus Christ for taking care of you beyond your human efforts/strategies/expectations" (Habakkuk 1:5)
Your shivering is a sign that you are saying *Lord Jesus Christ, I do not deserve that you should come to meet me because of my sin or past lifestyle or weak human nature* however His smile is saying do not mind; my mercy and grace has made you *qualified* for my visit, friendship and *indwelling forever* by the blood of redemption which is effective forever to perfect all those who believe in me(Hebrews 10:12-14)
Great Grace!!!

Thank you Sir. God Bless You!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2019
lakesidepapa:

Thank you Sir. God Bless You!
Amen. Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Amanda4life: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
If you're interested in hospital visitation or hospital evangelism pls contact me.

This goes with passion you must be ready to give out glorify God
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:10am On Jun 05, 2019
Receive Grace to study, believe, understand and willingly obey the word of God according to Jesus Christ teachings with effortless ease today 5th June, 2019 and everyday of our lives on earth under the Holy Spirit influence in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.

Judas Betrays Jesus:
"Having said these things, Jesus left with His disciples and went across the ravine of the Kidron. There was a garden there, which He and His disciples entered. Now Judas, who was betraying Him, knew the place, because Jesus had often met there with His disciples. So Judas, having obtained the Roman cohort and some officers from the high priests and the Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons. Then Jesus, knowing all that was about to happen to Him, went to them and asked, “Whom do you want?”
They answered Him, “Jesus the Nazarene.” Jesus said, “I am He.” And Judas, who was betraying Him, was also standing with them.
When Jesus said, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground. Again He asked them, “Whom do you want?” And they said, “Jesus the Nazarene.” Jesus answered, “I told you that I am He ; so if you want Me, let these men go on their way.” This was to fulfill and verify the words He had spoken, “Of those whom You have given Me, I have not lost even one.”
Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus. So Jesus said to Peter, “Put the sword [back] in its sheath! Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”
Jesus before Annas and Caiaphas
So the cohort and their commander and the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus and bound Him, and led Him to Annas first; for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year.
It was Caiaphas who had advised the Jews that it was expedient for one man to die on behalf of the people.
Simon Peter and another disciple were following Jesus. Now that disciple was known to the high priest, so he went with Jesus into the courtyard of the [residence of the] high priest; but Peter was standing outside at the door. So the other disciple (John), who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the doorkeeper, and brought Peter inside. Then the servant girl who kept the door said to Peter, “You are not one of this Man’s disciples, are you?” He said, “I am not.” Now the servants and the officers had made a fire of coals, because it was cold, and they were standing and warming themselves. And Peter was with them, standing and warming himself.
Then the high priest questioned Jesus about His disciples and about His teaching.
Jesus answered him, “I have spoken openly to the world. I always taught in a synagogue and in the temple [area], where all the Jews habitually congregate; and I said nothing in secret. Why question Me? Question those who have heard what I said to them. They know what I said.” But when He said this, one of the officers who was standing nearby struck Jesus [in the face], saying, “Is that how You answer the high priest?” Jesus replied, “If I have said
anything wrong, make a formal statement about the wrong; but if [I spoke] properly, why did you strike Me?” So Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.
Peter’s Denial of Jesus
Now Simon Peter was [still] standing and warming himself. So they said to him, “You are not one of His disciples, are you?” He denied it and said, “I am not.” One of the high priest’s servants, a relative of the one whose ear Peter cut off, said, “Did I not see you with Him in the garden?” So Peter denied it again, and immediately a rooster crowed.
Jesus before Pilate
Then the Jews led Jesus from Caiaphas to the Praetorium (governor’s palace). Now it was early and the Jews did not enter the Praetorium so that they would not be [ceremonially] unclean, but might [be able to] eat [and participate in the Feast of Unleavened Bread which began after] the
Passover [supper]. So Pilate came out to them and asked, “What accusation do you bring against this Man?” They answered, “If He were not a criminal, we would not have handed Him over to you [for judgment].” Then Pilate said to them, “Take Him yourselves and judge Him according to your own law.” The Jews said, “We are not permitted to put anyone to death.” This was to fulfill the word which Jesus had spoken to indicate by what manner of death He was going to die.
So Pilate went into the Praetorium again, and called Jesus and asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” Jesus replied, “Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about Me?” Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own people and their chief priests have handed You over to me. What have You done [that is worthy of death]?” Jesus replied, “My kingdom is not of this world [nor does it have its origin in this world]. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would be fighting [hard] to keep Me from being handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this world.” So Pilate said to Him, “Then You are a King?” Jesus answered, “You say [correctly] that I am a King. This is why I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth [who is a friend of the truth and belongs to the truth] hears and listens carefully to My voice.” Pilate said to Him [scornfully], “What is truth?”
And when he had said this, he went out to the Jews again and told them, “I find no guilt in Him [no crime, no cause for an accusation]. But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover. So shall I release for you the King of the Jews?”
Then they all shouted back again, “Not this Man, but Barabbas!” Now Barabbas was a robber."
(John 18:1-40 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Paul in Macedonia and Greece:
"After the uproar had ended, Paul sent for the disciples, and when he had encouraged them he told them goodbye, and set off to go to Macedonia. After he had gone through those districts and had encouraged the believers, he came to Greece. And he stayed three months, and when a plot was formed against him by the Jews as he was about to set sail for Syria, he decided to return through Macedonia (northern Greece). He was accompanied by Sopater of Berea, the son of Pyrrhus, and by Aristarchus and Secundus of the Thessalonians, and by Gaius of Derbe, and Timothy, and Tychicus and Trophimus of Asia. These men went on ahead and were waiting for us (including Luke) at Troas.
We sailed from Philippi after the days of Unleavened Bread (Passover week), and within five days we reached them at Troas, where we stayed for seven days.
Now on the first day of the week (Sunday), when we were gathered together to break bread (share communion), Paul
began talking with them, intending to leave the next day; and he kept on with his message until midnight. Now there were many lamps in the upper room where we were assembled, and there was a young man named Eutychus (“Lucky”) sitting on the window sill. He was sinking into a deep sleep, and as Paul kept on talking longer and longer, he was completely overcome by sleep and fell down from the third story; and he was picked up dead. But Paul went down and threw himself on him and embraced him, and said [to those standing around him], “Do not be troubled, because
he is alive.” When Paul had gone back upstairs and had broken the bread and eaten, he talked [informally and confidentially] with them for a long time—until daybreak [in fact]—and then he left.
They took the boy [Eutychus] home alive, and were greatly comforted and encouraged.
Troas to Miletus
But we went on ahead to the ship and set sail for Assos, intending to take Paul on board there; for that was what he had arranged, intending himself to go [a shorter route] by land. So when he met us at Assos, we took him on board and sailed on to Mitylene. Sailing from there, we arrived the next day [at a point] opposite Chios; the following day we crossed over to Samos, and the next day we arrived at Miletus [about 30 miles south of Ephesus].
Paul had decided to sail on past Ephesus so that he would not end up spending time [unnecessarily] in [the province of] Asia (modern Turkey); for he was in a hurry to be in Jerusalem, if possible, on the day of
Pentecost.
Farewell to Ephesus
However, from Miletus he sent word to Ephesus and summoned the elders of the church [to meet him there]. And when they arrived he said to them:
“You know well how I [lived when I] was with you, from the first day that I set foot in Asia [until now], serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and trials which came on me because of the plots of the Jews [against me]; [you know] how I did not shrink back in fear from telling you anything that was for your benefit, or from teaching you in public meetings, and from house to house, solemnly [and wholeheartedly] testifying to both Jews and Greeks, urging them to turn in repentance to God and [to have] faith in our Lord Jesus Christ [for salvation]. And now, compelled by the Spirit and obligated by my convictions, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there,
except that the Holy Spirit solemnly [and emphatically] affirms to me in city after city that imprisonment and suffering await me.
But I do not consider my life as something of value or dear to me, so that I may [with joy] finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify faithfully of the good news of God’s [precious, undeserved] grace [which makes us free of the guilt of sin and grants us eternal life].
“And now, listen carefully: I know that none of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will see me again.
For that reason I testify to you on this [our parting] day that I am innocent of the blood of all people. For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose
and plan of God. Take care and be on guard for yourselves and for the whole flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as overseers, to shepherd (tend, feed, guide) the church of God which He bought with His own blood. I know that after I am gone, [false teachers like] ferocious wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; even from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse and distorted things, to draw away the disciples after themselves [as their followers].
Therefore be continually alert, remembering that for three years, night or day, I did not stop admonishing and advising each one [of you] with tears.
And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers]. I had no desire for anyone’s silver or gold or [expensive] clothes. You know personally that these hands ministered to my own needs [working in manual labor] and to [those of] the people who were with me. In everything I showed you [by example] that by working hard in this way you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed [and brings greater joy] to give than to receive.’”
When he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all. And
they began to weep openly and threw their arms around Paul’s neck, and repeatedly kissed him, grieving and distressed especially over the word which he had spoken, that they would not see him again. And they accompanied him to the ship."
(Acts 20:1-38 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:58am On Jun 05, 2019
And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers] in Christ Jesus. Amen.
{Acts 20:32 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Bloooody(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2019
Please sir I need your help in taking Christianity to the next level angry
This generation of women have strayed further away from God.
Pls I encourage you to read my post.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
Bloooody:
Please sir I need your help in taking Christianity to the next level angry
This generation of women have strayed further away from God.
Pls I encourage you to read my post.
The only person who can help you take Christianity in your life or other peoples life to the next level is the SPIRIT of Christianity(The Spirit of Christ that is The Holy Spirit), just tell Him; Lord(Jesus Christ) help me to take Christianity to the next level and *BELIEVE HE HAS HEARD YOU and He is already taking steps inside your life to manifest this your request*.
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:20am On Jun 06, 2019
Tell the righteous(those who believe in Jesus Christ as their own God and Lord), It is well; for they shall eat the fruit of their labor" (Isaiah 3:10)
Whatever You/I is encountering in your life *right now*
Declare
It is well with me
because I believe in Jesus Christ. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2019
Justification by Faith:
"But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed [independently and completely] apart from the Law, though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son]. There is no distinction, since all have sinned and
continually fall short of the glory of God,
and are being justified [declared free of the guilt of sin, made acceptable to God, and granted eternal life] as a gift by His [precious, undeserved] grace, through the redemption [the payment for our sin] which is [provided] in Christ Jesus, whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith.
This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion]. It was to demonstrate His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the One who justifies those who have faith in Jesus [and rely confidently on Him as Savior]" (Romans 3:21-26 amp)

Faith in Jesus Christ Finished works *must be expressed* through *Love*
thus
"For [if we are] in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but *only faith activated and expressed and working* through *love*" (Galatians 5:6 amp)

Jesus Christ Love not *carnal/selfish/human love*
thus
"I am giving you a new commandment, *that you love one another. Just as I have loved you*, so you too are to love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love and unselfish concern for one another." (John 13:34-35 amp)

It is *only Jesus Christ* who can manifest this type of love therefore we need to submit *our free-will* to the *control of His Divine-Will* so that Christ Jesus will *manifest His lifestyle/seed/nature* through *our mortal bodies*
thus
"submit yourself to God, then you will resist sin/evil and it will flee from you, you will draw closer to God and God will draw closer to you" (James 4:7-8 )
Drawing closer to God means *desiring to manifest Godliness and manifesting this Godliness *for real* in all faculties of our being(spirit, soul and body) consistently with ease* because it is Christ Jesus *now living inside us this Godliness/Holiness/Righteousness which is HIS NATURE on this earth* because we *believed in Him and His finished works to be effective in our lives for all time* and He(GOD/JESUS CHRIST) cannot be *tired of manifesting Godliness through our mortal bodies on this earth* because it is HIS NATURE
thus
"we(human beings) can/may be *unfaithful* but He(Christ Jesus) *cannot be unfaithful* because He cannot be *disconnect from HIS OWN VERY NATURE*" (2 Timothy 2:13)

How do we submit to *Jesus Christ now living inside us who believe in His Finished works*?
By *believing* in Him(Jesus Christ) and *all the benefits of His Finished works on Calvary*

How long are we going to *believe*?
We are going to believe *continuously* till *eternity/forever or Christ calls us home(biological death) or Christ comes again.

How do we *believe*?
if we *believe*, we speak what we *believe* inside our minds/hearts/brain and where the *Holy Spirit deems it necessary* we speak with our mouths
for example *Jesus Christ Finished works on Calvary saved those who believe from 'untimely biological death(caused by devil/demons/humans possessed by demons)' and 'eternal death(hell-fire caused by sin/unbelief in the Gospel)' forever*
thus I declare (inside my mind/heart/brain/mouth)
"I *believe* Jesus Christ has saved me from biological untimely death and eternal death forever by His Finished Works. Amen.
whenever I am *conscious* whether there is thought of death/accidents or my conscience tries to condemn me or a fellow human being/preacher/pastor/priest/prophet tries to condemn/instill fear into me with my sin/weakness/past lifestyle/ancestral curse or in sickness/delay/depression that seems overwhelming or *just a mere confession of my faith*
I continue to make this *confession of my faith in Jesus Christ finished works on Calvary* until I feel *inner-peace/confirmation of the Holy Spirit*

This *confession* can be going on inside our minds while we are taking care of our *daily schedule/task* without * any interruption.

After this particular confession of *victory over death*, I can switch over to *victory over sinful living*
thus
"I am the righteousness of God because I *believe* in Jesus Christ finished works on Calvary. Amen." e.t.c

This is why it is important to *ask for grace* of studying continuously the sound gospel of Jesus Christ finished works on calvary upon which our *meditation/declaration* must be focused consistently which defines our freedom as Jesus told the jews who had believed in him, "if you continue in my words, you are my disciples *indeed*, you will know/discover the truth and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32)

When we declare *I believe*, the *spirit* responsible takes control over our human spirit to *manifest* that which we *believe*
thus
"the flesh(human spirit) has nothing to offer/manifest on its own, it is the spirit(which we believe/agree with/confess) that makes our flesh to manifest its nature/desires/fruits (whether consciously or unconsciously/spontaneously)..." (John 6:63)
This is why those who *believe in Jesus Christ/Gospel* even when they want to commit sin or when they are compelled by other humans beings/circumstances to commit sin or confess/manifest negative-lifestyle, they are prompted to *commit/manifest righteousness with ease* (consciously or unconsciously/spontaneously) because Christ Jesus living inside them through HIS GRACE cannot *confess/manifest sin* whether in normal circumstances or under pressure
and
those who *do not believe in Jesus Christ/Gospel* even when they want to confess/manifest righteousness *they end up manifesting sin* because there is *no connection/agreement/belief* with *the seed of Jesus Christ Grace* inside them *which alone can manifest fruits of righteousness before God*.

This is what differentiates believers and unbelievers
thus
"The one who practices sin [separating himself from God, and offending Him by acts of disobedience, indifference, or rebellion] is of the devil [and takes his inner character and moral values from him, not God]; for the devil has sinned and violated God’s law from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.
By this the children of God and the children of the devil are clearly identified: anyone who does not practice righteousness [who does not seek God’s will in thought, action, and purpose] is not of God, nor is the one who does not [unselfishly] love his [believing] brother." (1 John 3:8-10 amp)

If you have *believed in Jesus Christ* yet you still manifest any sinful lifestyle/addictions/business/engagements, the scriptural passage cited above is not meant to scare you but for you/I *to know* the spirit that should be *manifesting instead of those sinful lifestyle* so that we can *manifest our original identity inside Jesus Christ*

How we can manifest our true identity inside Jesus Christ is by *believing that Jesus(Grace and Truth; John 1:14) is now living inside us then we tell Him to manifest His personality through us as He wills* thus "for it is God who is at work *inside you*, *enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasures*" (Phil.2:13)
It is His Grace that precedes His Truth so that we can *accept* His Truth(The Gospel/His Finished Works) and *manifest them with ease*
We also need to *believe His Grace and the functions of HIS GRACE is 'effective inside us' every tick of time on this earth*
His Grace is available for *every human being(believer/unbeliever)
His Grace is *free for every human being*
His Grace moves/pushes *every human being* to believe the Gospel and receive Salvation in Christ Jesus(whether via direct preaching or musings/voice/quagmire of one's mind)
His Grace teaches us how to resist sin or anything in the appearance of sin on this earth no matter the *pressure or repackaging*
His Grace teaches us how to resist passions of this world(lust of flesh, lust of eyes, pride of sense, depression, unforgiveness, vengeance, hatred, addictions, occultism, abortion, lies, gossips, religious-manipulations, laziness, fear, doubts, bribery, lesbianism, fornication, homosexuality, gay, liberalism, adultery, pornography, masturbation, witch-craftery, idolatry, bestiality, materialism, voyeurism, sugar-mummy/daddy, runs-girl/boy, political-deceits, ungodly-fashion, unrighteous-entertainments, marital-immoralities e.t.c)
His Grace teaches us how to manifest Holy lives *on this earth not in Heaven*
His Grace teaches us how to live righteous lifestyle on this earth not minding our current *financial status* or *health status* or *educational-status* or *family/peer pressures* or *career/business pressures* or any other *constraints/pressures*
His Grace teaches us how to manifest *self-control lifestyle, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, humility, faithfulness, gentleness, diligence, truthfulness* in this generation/Nigeria/Offices/Business not minding *the unrighteous-engagements of our peers/colleagues and its seeming gains*
His Grace helps us to *serve God acceptably*
His Grace helps us *not to defile other human beings*
His Grace helps us in times of need(every second we spend on this earth is a time of need; Sirach 40:1)
His Grace is *sufficient for each one of us* that is to say we cannot *exhaust it* before He comes back again in glory or calls us home(biological death)

just *believe in Jesus Christ*; HE is *GRACE & TRUTH* and He will be *manifesting all these functions inside you* even more than you can think/pray/imagine ("Now to Him who by His power at work *within us* is able to *accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine*, to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21)
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
I replied to a thread from the Islam for muslims section (found the discussion from my followed users page). I accepted the prompt asking if I believe the islamic declarations there, but there wasn't one (or I didn't see it) stating that there'd be a declaration of islamic belief inserted into my profile.

Regardless of whether I believe it or not, I feel it's unnecessary and problematic on several levels to have a religious position permanently on my profile.

I apologize if it's an error on my par, but I'd like it removed, please.

I've tried the "mail the supermods" button on the homepage but it isn't working. I've also used the "mail the mods" button in this section.

I can't find the names of this section's mods and I'd appreciate if anyone can help tag them.

Thank you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Use google to search how you can *untag yourself* from such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.