Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,076 members, 7,953,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:34 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (877038 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
"The one who practices sin [separating himself from God, and offending Him by acts of disobedience, indifference, or rebellion] is of the devil [and takes his inner character and moral values from him, not God]; for the devil has sinned and violated God’s law from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.
By this the children of God and the children of the devil are clearly identified: anyone who does not practice righteousness [who does not seek God’s will in thought, action, and purpose] is not of God, nor is the one who does not [unselfishly] love his [believing] brother."
(1 John 3:8-10 amp)

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
These are also the fruits of the Holy Spirit, if you have believed in Jesus Christ then His Holy Spirit now living and working inside believers/
Christians will be manifesting these qualities through You/I with ease
thus
"For this very reason, applying your diligence [to the divine promises, make every effort] in [exercising] your faith to, develop moral excellence, and in moral excellence, knowledge (insight, understanding), 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, steadfastness, and in your steadfastness, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly affection, and in your brotherly affection, [develop Christian] love [that is, learn to unselfishly seek the best for others and to do things for their benefit]. 8 For as these qualities are yours and are increasing [in you as you grow toward spiritual maturity], they will keep you from being useless and unproductive in regard to the true knowledge and greater understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these qualities is blind—shortsighted [closing his spiritual eyes to the truth], having become oblivious to the fact that he was cleansed from his old sins."
(2 Peter 1:5-9 amp)
Great Grace!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
"For His divine power(Holy Spirit Indwelling) has bestowed on us [absolutely] everything necessary for [a dynamic spiritual] life and godliness, through true and personal knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has bestowed on us His precious and magnificent promises [of inexpressible value], so that by them you may escape from the immoral freedom that is in the world because of disreputable desire, and become sharers of the divine nature. For this very reason, applying your diligence [to the divine promises, make every effort] in [exercising] your faith to, develop moral excellence, and in moral excellence, knowledge (insight, understanding), and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, steadfastness, and in your steadfastness, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly affection, and in your brotherly affection, [develop Christian] love [that is, learn to unselfishly seek the best for others and to do things for their benefit]. For as these
qualities are yours and are increasing [in you as you grow toward spiritual maturity], they will keep you from being useless and unproductive in regard to the true knowledge and greater understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these
qualities is blind—shortsighted [closing his spiritual eyes to the truth], having become oblivious to the fact that he was cleansed from his old sins. Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin]; for in this way entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly provided to you.
Therefore, I will always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you
already know them and are established in the truth which is held firmly in your grasp. I think it right, as long as I am in this earthly tent, to inspire you by reminding you, knowing that the laying aside of this earthly tent of mine is imminent, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. Moreover, I will diligently endeavor [to see to it] that even after my departure you will be able, at all times, to call these things to mind"
(2 Peter 1:3-15 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
"Cast your burden on the Lord [release it] and He will sustain and uphold you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail)." {Psalm 55:22}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
Let us *review* our expectations from GOD,
does it agree with DIVINE-WILL
or
is it our *selfish-expectations* which we have *spiritualized*?
Father, increase within us, *your grace/life* for *sincere-discernment* of your will and *our willing submission to it* in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
Onyenwanyi Idimma Chineke anyi di mma Ihe nile ikereke na enyegi ekene Ha nile na asi na Chineke anyi di mma... Singing...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 1:05am On Jun 08, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
"Cast your burden on the Lord [release it] and He will sustain and uphold you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail)."
{Psalm 55:22}
Ochi, thank you for your regular posts. They are very insightful and have taught me a great deal. The Lord will strengthen your continuance.

I wonder if you could consider starting a thread for them please. It would keep them all in a tidy place making them a lot easier to find and read. It would also free here up for more regular discussion which has dithered lately though through no doing of yours.

buda
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
ABBAH FATHER, WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT OF YOUR HOLY SPIRIT TO US AS WE PRAY THAT HE{THE HOLY SPIRIT} WILL *RENEW US IN YOUR OWN LOVE* AND *SOUND FAITH* INSIDE JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.
GREAT GRACE BRETHREN!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
budaatum:

Ochi, thank you for your regular posts. They are very insightful and have taught me a great deal. The Lord will strengthen your continuance.

I wonder if you could consider starting a thread for them please. It would keep them all in a tidy place making them a lot easier to find and read. It would also free here up for more regular discussion which has dithered lately though through no doing of yours.

buda

Ok, I got ur message of starting a thread however, I believe this thread is for Christians hence *my write-ups here is in alignment with this thread* and will greatly uplift the faith of any Christian here hence I hope to keep them *flowing as the Holy Spirit directs*
Everyone is also free to bring up *regular discussions on any topic* and I also make my contributions here *as long as the Holy Spirit directs me*
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
HOLY SPIRIT, AS WE CELEBRATE YOUR PENTECOST OUT-POURING UPON THE BODY OF CHRIST FOR EFFECTIVE EVANGELIZATION OF ALL HUMAN SOULS, WE COMMIT AWKA-INDIGENES AND RESIDENTS INTO YOUR HAND FOR YOUR MERCY AND GRACE TO CONVICT AND CONVINCE THEM TO RECEIVE YOUR GOSPEL IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

Ok, I got ur message of starting a thread however, I believe this thread is for Christians hence *my write-ups here is in alignment with this thread* and will greatly uplift the faith of any Christian here hence I hope to keep them *flowing as the Holy Spirit directs*
Everyone is also free to bring up *regular discussions on any topic* and I also make my contributions here *as long as the Holy Spirit directs me*
Great Grace!!!
And to you too.

ochibuogwu5:
Let us *review* our expectations from GOD,
does it agree with DIVINE-WILL
or Is it our *selfish-expectations* which we have *spiritualized*?

Father, increase within us, *your grace/life* for *sincere-discernment* of your will and *our willing submission to it* in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS LIVING, THERE IS LIBERTY/FREEDOM
(2 Corinthians 3:17)
Are you *free* inside Jesus Christ as a Christian?
or
Are you a slave to *human doctrines* which has been *spiritualized under the guise of Christianity*?
ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO MANIFEST HIS COMPLETE FREEDOM IN YOUR LIFE.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Receive Grace to study, understand, believe and willingly obey the word of God according to Jesus Christ teachings with effortless ease today 11th June, 2019 and everyday of our lives on earth under the Holy Spirit influence in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.

The Crown of Thorns

1 So then Pilate took Jesus and had Him scourged (flogged, whipped). 2 And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and put a purple robe around Him; 3 and they kept coming up to Him, saying [mockingly], “Hail, King of the Jews [Good health! Peace! Long life to you, King of the Jews]!” And they slapped Him in the face. 4 Then Pilate came out again and said to them, “Look, I am bringing Him out to you so that you may know that I find no guilt in Him [no crime, no cause for an accusation].” 5 So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, and Pilate said to them, “Look! The Man!” 6 When the chief priests and officers saw Him, they shouted, “Crucify [Him]! Crucify [Him]!” Pilate said to them, “Take Him yourselves and crucify Him, for I find no guilt in Him [no crime, no cause for an accusation].” 7 The Jews answered him, “We have a law [regarding blasphemy], and according to that law He should die, because He made Himself out to be the Son of God.”

8 So when Pilate heard this said, he was [even] more alarmed and afraid. 9 He went into the Praetorium again and said to Jesus, “Where are You from?” But Jesus did not answer him. 10 So Pilate said to Him, “You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?” 11 Jesus answered, “You would have no authority over Me at all if it had not been given to you from above. For this reason the sin and guilt of the one who handed Me over to you is greater [than your own].” 12 As a result of this, Pilate kept making efforts to release Him, but the Jews kept screaming, “If you release this Man, you are no friend of Caesar! Anyone who makes himself out [to be] a king opposes Caesar [and rebels against the emperor]!”

13 When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out, and sat down on the judgment seat at a place called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the day of Preparation for the Passover [week], and it was about the sixth hour. He said to the Jews, “Look, your King!” 15 But they shouted, “Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar!”

The Crucifixion

16 Then he handed Him over to them to be crucified.

17 So they took Jesus, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of the Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha. 18 There they crucified Him, and with Him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them. 19 Pilate also wrote an inscription [on a placard] and put it on the cross. And it was written: “JESUS THE NAZARENE, THE KING OF THE JEWS.” 20 And many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, in Latin, and in Greek. 21 Then the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews’; but, ‘He said, “I am King of the Jews.”’” 22 Pilate replied, “What I have written I have written [and it remains written].”

23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer clothes and made four parts, a part for each soldier, and also the tunic. But the tunic was seamless, woven [in one piece] from the top throughout. 24 So they said to one another, “Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, to decide whose it will be.” This was to fulfill the Scripture, “They divided My outer clothing among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.” 25 So the soldiers did these things.

But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, His mother’s sister [Salome], Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 So Jesus, seeing His mother, and the disciple whom He loved (esteemed) standing near, said to His mother, “[Dear] woman, look, [here is] your son!” 27 Then He said to the disciple (John), “Look! [here is] your mother [protect and provide for her]!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own home.

28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said in fulfillment of the Scripture, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar full of sour wine was placed there; so they put a sponge soaked in the sour wine on [a branch of] hyssop and held it to His mouth. 30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and [voluntarily] gave up His spirit.

Care of the Body of Jesus

31 Since it was the day of Preparation [for the Sabbath], in order to prevent the bodies from hanging on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high holy day) the Jews asked Pilate to have their legs [p]broken [to hasten death] and the bodies taken away. 32 So the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first man, and of the other who had been crucified with Him. 33 But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. 34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came [flowing] out. 35 And he (John, the eyewitness) who has seen it has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also [who read this] may believe. 36 For these things took place to fulfill the Scripture, “Not a bone of His shall be broken.” 37 And again another Scripture says, “They shall look at Him whom they have pierced.”

38 And after this, Joseph of Arimathea—a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews—asked Pilate to let him take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. So he came and took away His body. 39 Nicodemus, who had first come to Him at night, also came bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, [weighing] about a hundred [Roman] pounds. 40 So they took Jesus’ body and bound it in linen wrappings with the fragrant spices, as is the burial custom of the Jews. 41 Now there was a garden at the place where He was crucified, and in the garden a new tomb [cut out of solid rock] in which no one had yet been laid. 42 Therefore, because of the Jewish day of Preparation, and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.

{John 19:1-42 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS LIVING, THERE IS LIBERTY/FREEDOM
(2 Corinthians 3:17)
Anybody who *believes* in Jesus Christ as God and Lord has the *fullness or full measure of the Holy Spirit living inside him/her already* not minding your biological years or your title amongs believers *forever*(John 14:16)

He does not leave or depart even when he/she backslides into sin because He is *living inside us as the owner of our lives forever however he *tells us that we have *ignored his willing ability* inside us to manifest Holiness, righteousness, self-control, love, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, humility, faith, e.t.c with ease then went back to pick up our *old-self which manifest sin/curse along with its unrighteous fruits, this same old nature we willingly handed over to Him on Calvary to destroy forever by nailing it to the cross on the day we 'first-believed'* hence He tells us how wrong it is to pick up our vomits while He is still in-charge therefore making us to *let-go of them and agree with our new life in Him who is now living inside us thus "the Holy Spirit actively living inside us will tell us we have sinned and how wrong it is for us to sin by *believing His perfection once forever accomplished and living inside us" (John 16:7-8 )

The only way you can *loose His 'absolute control' is by rejecting Jesus Christ as your God and Lord which is the same way you *received His absolute control over your life thus "but as many as did receive Him and believed in His name, He gave them *right/authority/power to become Sons of God"* (John 1:12, John 3:16, John 6:47, Romans 10:8-11)

Even when a man/woman *rejects Jesus Christ as God and Lord* God is still inside His/Her life *though not absolute in control* but through *His grace which is alive and inviting every human being to accept the Gospel* (Titus 2:11-12) and also uses different preachers/messages/write-ups/songs/experiences to *call him/her* to return back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ thus "while we were still sinners Jesus Christ died for us to prove His love for us" (Romans 5:8 )
"I will make *an everlasting covenant with them*, never to withdraw from doing good to them and I will put the fear of me in their hearts, so that they may not turn from me" (Jeremiah 32:40)

Are you *free* inside Jesus Christ as a Christian?
or
Are you a slave to *human doctrines* which has been *spiritualized under the guise of Christianity*?
ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO MANIFEST HIS COMPLETE FREEDOM IN YOUR LIFE.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Youngjho(m): 12:01am On Jun 12, 2019
Come!be his friend

What to know before you can be his friend

1.Where his from

2.His worth

3.What he want from you

4.Your reward

Then who is Jesus (luke3vs22)

And the holy ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him and a voice came from heaven, which said, thou art my beloved son,in thee I am well pleased. Confirmation from his Father to us on earth

His worth(John 1vs3)

All things were made by him and without him was not anything made that was made. He is our lord and master from the beginning of the world.

Matthew 28vs18 And Jesus came and spake unto them,saying, all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth
https://word2dworld..com/2019/06/comebe-his-friend.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2019
"Such is the *confidence* and *steadfast reliance* and *absolute trust* that *we have through Christ Jesus* toward God. Not that we are sufficiently qualified in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency and qualifications come from God. *He has qualified us* [making us sufficient] as ministers of *a new covenant [of salvation through Christ]*, not of the letter [of a written code] but of the *Holy Spirit*; for the letter [of the Law] kills [by revealing sin and demanding obedience], but *the Holy Spirit* gives *life*.
Now if the ministry of death, engraved in letters on stones [the covenant of the Law which led to death because of sin], came with such glory and splendor that the Israelites were not able to look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, [a brilliance] that was fading, how will the ministry of the Holy Spirit [the new covenant which allows us to be Spirit-filled] fail to be even more glorious and splendid? For if the ministry that brings condemnation [the old covenant, the Law] has glory, *how much more does glory overflow in the ministry that brings righteousness [the new covenant which declares believers free of guilt and sets them apart for God’s special purpose]!
Indeed, what had glory [the Law], in this case no longer has glory because of the glory that surpasses it [the gospel]. For if that [Law] which fades away came with glory, *how much more must that [gospel] which remains and is permanent* abide in glory and splendor!"
(2 Cor. 3:4-11 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
This passage
{Leviticus 26:40-42 Amplified Bible (AMP)}
40 ‘If they confess their wickedness and the wickedness of their forefathers, in their unfaithfulness which they have committed against Me—and also in their acting with hostility toward Me— 41 I also was acting with hostility toward them and brought them into the land of their enemies—then if their uncircumcised (sin-filled) hearts are humbled and they accept the punishment for their wickedness, 42 then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and also My covenant with Isaac, and also My covenant with Abraham, and remember the land."
is *absolutely wrong*
for any *Christian leader/head*
to lift it and place *a burden upon believers/
Christians*
saying "they must confess their fathers sin, ancestors sin, brothers sin, family relations sin e.t.c"
before they can receive *forgiveness from God* or *before their business/family will start manifesting financial increase*
while THEY HAVE *BELIEVED IN JESUS CHRIST*
with the *idea that we received/partook (in) blessings from Abraham hence we 'must share in his sin/curse'*
In the New Covenant "our blessings comes from Jesus Christ thus "Blessed and worthy of praise be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *who has blessed us with 'every spiritual blessing' in the heavenly realms* inside Jesus Christ" {Eph.1:3}
and
Our *new-root/foundation/ancestor* is Jesus Christ thus "For if *you were cut off* from what is *by nature a wild olive tree(ancestral/biological yokes/bonds, background-influences lineage, literally-exposures, social media-influences, societal-morality/ethics)*, and against nature *were grafted into a cultivated olive tree(new-root/foundation/ancestor; God/Jesus Christ)*, how much easier will it be to graft these who are the natural branches back into [the original parent stock of] their own olive tree?" {Romans 11:24 amp}
Another important fact is that this levitical text defines the law and Christ Jesus has redeemed us from the *curse of the law* {Gal.3:13}
Ezekiel 18:20 confirms this truth of not inheriting any sin from any biological lineage thus "The person who sins [is the one that] will die. The *son will not bear the punishment for the sin of the father*, nor will *the father bear the punishment for the sin of the son*; the *righteousness of the righteous shall be on himself*, and the *wickedness of the wicked shall be on himself*".

Abel the *immediate Son of Adam did not even inherit sin from His Father Adam because God defined him as a righteous man thus "By *faith* Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which *it was testified of him that he was righteous* (upright, in right standing with God), and God testified by accepting his gifts. And though he died, yet through [this act of] faith he still speaks {Hebrews 11:4 amp}

There is nothing like inherited sin/curse from biological lineage or fellow human beings from parents to children or from children to parents however the effects of sin by any human being whether believer or unbeliever affects other human beings around him in the society/world thus *a thief can shoot a righteous man to death in the bid of attack* however the righteous man is not *inheriting the curse from the sin of that thief that shot him/her dead* thus " (for that just man, while living among them, *felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by what he saw and heard of their lawless acts*) {2 Peter 2:8}

Yes, we pray for those who commit sin and share the gospel of Jesus Christ finished works on Calvary with them which is the *only means God chose to save any human soul from eternal damnation* {"I am not ashamed of *the gospel*, for *it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment] to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior]*, to the Jew first and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16}

however this practice of prayers/sharing the gospel is *not* the *bases for our own salvation/
redemption or what makes God to manifest his financial increase/healing/miracles/favors in our lives*
at any point in time on this earth rather "at the appointed time of God's favour/grace to manifest, it will surely come to the physical whether you are a believer or unbeliever, whether you pray or did not pray..." (Gal. 4:4, Titus 2:11-12, Eph.3:20)
Believe *only the Gospel of Jesus Christ and allow the Spirit of the Gospel to manifest/
express Himself through you every tick of second on this earth*
thus "Now after that John was put in prison, *Jesus* came into Galilee, *preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God*,
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and *believe the gospel*" (Mark 1:14-15 KJV)

And Jesus Christ instructed us to preach the gospel thus
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and *preach the gospel* to *every creature*.
He that *believeth* and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And *these signs shall follow them* that *believe(the gospel not ancestral curse fairy-tales or mindless lifting of any bible passages);* In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." (Mark. 16:15-18 KJV)

"Freedom is what we have received inside Jesus Christ, let us not return back to the slavery of the law" {Gal.5:1}
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
But Jesus Christ *mercy* has *overcome/overtaken* the *judgements/punishments/penalties/condemnations* our sins *deserve*" (James 2:13)

I *believe* therefore I speak and the Holy Spirit manifest it. Amen. (2 Cor.4:13, Jeremiah 1:12)

Thank You Our God and Lord Jesus Christ for the *manifest release of your mercy, grace, love, miracles and life* inside our individual lives as well as our human society *presently and continuously*. Amen.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2019
"We are only the earthenware jars that hold this treasure(Grace which is *GOD/JESUS CHRIST ABILITY INSIDE EVERY HUMAN BEING* which *enables us willingly to believe the Gospel and have *eternal life forever*), to make it *clear* that such *an overwhelming power* comes from *God* and not from us(our personal efforts, zeal, prayerfulness, smartness, intelligence or dogged-nature)"
(2 Cor.4:7)
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
*Blessed are the Pure in Heart*
_(Friday 14th June, 2019. 2 Corinthians 4:7-15, Psalm 116 and Matthew 5:27-32)_

_*“Everyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell” (Matthew 5:28-29).*_

Basically, Jesus wants us to understand that adultery begins long before the very act of sex. By merely looking at a woman lustfully, desiring to see her unclothedness or imagining her in bed, the sin of adultery has happened already. *The one who looks with impure motives and the one who grabs are guilty of the same sin.*

In simple terms, Jesus is raising the standards for us. Yesterday, Jesus said if our righteousness does not go beyond the level of hypocrisy (hide and seek), we cannot enter the kingdom of God. So, it is not enough that we avoid the very act of sex, we must also avoid even having to think about it; we must be totally pure in heart in order to enter the kingdom of God.

Does it seem as though Jesus is laying a heavy burden on us? Is Jesus asking for too much? If your answer is yes, then at least now you understand why you have been struggling in the area of sexual purity. The solution to the problem of adultery, fornication, masturbation and so on is purity of heart. We must wash the inside first so that the outside can be clean as well. Your mind is a factory, it is the kind of ingredients you put into that determines your whole life (Cf. Proverbs 4:23).

Jesus says “if your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away.” In very practical terms, Jesus is saying that all sexual sins have root causes, they do not happen in a vacuum, something always leads to something before that big something happens. Your right eye is that something you often take for granted or consider as normal but then, it has a potential of landing you into sin.

For instance, you have a friend you enjoy his/her company. Hours seem like minutes when you are together, you are able to relax and talk freely with this person because you trust him/her. Friendship by itself is very good; we are social animals. Nevertheless, when this friendship begins to go towards the direction of incessant physical touches, unwholesome jokes, erotic discussions and so on, then as Jesus advises, it is time to cut it off and throw it away. It is better to enter heaven without any friend than to be in hell with the award of the world’s most friendly person.

Furthermore, Jesus expresses His mind with regards to the issue of divorce. It is not the will of God that a man and a woman having been joined together in marriage should ever separate. Divorce is always a painful thing which leaves permanent scars both in the couple themselves and their children. Jesus wants us to do everything to cherish and protect the institution of marriage which is just as old as humanity. If we are truly Christians who practice the kind of righteousness Jesus is preaching, then the issue of divorce like adultery would never arise.

Let us pray: Lord Jesus, cleanse my heart from all impurities and make my body a temple fit for you to dwell, Amen!

*Be Happy. Live Positive. Have Faith. It is well with you. God bless you. (Friday of the 10th Week in Ordinary Time. Bible Study: 2 Corinthians 4:7-15, Psalm 116 and Matthew 5:27-32).*

Fr. Abu.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
"12 Since we have such a [glorious] hope and confident expectation, we speak with great courage, 13 and we are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the Israelites would not gaze at the end of the glory which was fading away. 14 But [in fact] their minds were hardened [for they had lost the ability to understand]; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed [only] in Christ. 15 But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil [of blindness] lies over their heart; 16 but whenever a person turns [in repentance and faith] to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty [emancipation from bondage, true freedom]. 18 And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit." {2 Cor. 3:12-18 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
*Our confidence and self-worth* in this life(earthly existence) should be tied *solely* in God, His Word and our identity inside Jesus Christ.
Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2019
And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers] in Christ Jesus. Amen.
(Acts. 20: 32 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2019
Always invite and seek the influence of the Holy Spirit in anything you do. He will lead you into the COMPLETE TRUTH, HE WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN, HE WILL NEVER ABANDON YOU AND YOU WILL NEVER REGRET MAKING HIM YOUR MOST IMPORTANT COMPANION!!!
Be of good cheer for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ is WITHIN YOU and His Kingdom is UNSHAKABLE (Heb. 12:28). Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by cosymyman: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hmm..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Noah2gud(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2019
To all faithful Married Women
Please watch and subscribe

Stinky Spot Every Married Women Show Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvtP1-jS-TU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
The hard truth is, many men are looking for prostitutes not wives and pretend they are looking for a wife. When you meet them they say they are of age, they want to get married, they are ready and looking for the right person.
When ladies accept to date them or be in a relationship with them, they start asking for sex. She is not your wife, why should she give you what a wife gives. The sad part is, these guys get angry or mad when their requests are not granted. Some leave the relationship, others have ways of making the lady in question feel bad for not giving them sex.
Lots of men are looking for ladies to have sex with not to settle down with as wives. That is why they first ask for sex when they meet you, and whenever you ask about marriage they claim you are pressurizing them.
If a man is looking for a wife, he will be interested in studying you for marriage, he will be busy preparing for marriage and not sex. It is only a prostitute who has sex with men she is not married to. If having sex with him is what will make him marry you then he is not looking for a wife. Direct him to the street.
Today abortion is on the increase because of people who pretend to be looking for wives but are comfortable having sex with people they are not married to. Ladies with children born outside marriage, what you call born one, born two are on the rise because a man promised to marry a lady and she foolishly opened her legs for this man, forgetting that sex is supposed to be between husband and wife.
Sex is not love; if I have to have sex with you to prove my love for you then what it means is you don't love me. Love does not have a return policy. If you are giving money, gifts, attention to a lady because of sex, just be bold and say what you want and stop hiding behind love and marriage.
Love has no business with sex. They don't have a relationship. Sex is between husband and wife and before a man and woman become a couple love needs to be established, not sex. Sex is when they are married.
As a single lady, if you agree to have sex with a man who is not your husband but because of the attention, gifts and money, then you don’t need to be reminded that you are practicing prostitution.
No serious man will take a prostitute home as a wife, no serious man wants to marry a prostitute even if she agrees to give him sex for free. Have you wondered why many relationships come to an end after sex? Have you realized how fast some guys change towards you after sex?
Love is caring for someone without expecting anything in return. Love has no return policy. If love has a return policy, Jesus Christ will not say "But I say: Love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!" -
Matthew 5:44 (TLB). When someone says they love you, what they are telling you is, they care for you without expecting anything in return.
If you love them as well, that is great, it means you care for them without expecting anything in return. That is why it is easy to give to someone you love, to forgive someone you love. To forgive means you will continue to give the person who hurt you. You let go the hurt. You try to forget the hurt. Forgiveness is love.
We don't force people to care for us or love us. If he claims he loves you so give him sex in return, he is lying to you. What he is telling you is, when he sees you, what he sees or feels for you is sex and not love. He is only using love as a camouflage.
The man who claims he loves you and wants to marry you, can he date you without sex? Can he wait to have sex with you until you get married? If you are not married to him but he wants sex from you, what he is looking for is a prostitute and not a wife.
In conclusion, "Marriage is to be honored among everyone, and the bed undefiled. But God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterers" - Hebrews 13:4 (MEV). Flee from Fornication.
freshman's dairy(Mack OForma)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2019
Thus says the Spirit of the Lord on Sunday, June 16, 2019, 3:34am at Igbo-Efon, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria:
Clarity of purpose. Clarity of vision. I am bringing you into the visions I have for you. From today; I launch you in specifically to the details of My Assignment for you. Take this seriously; the problems you are meant to solve shall start burning hotter in your heart. Don't ignore it; take steps immediately. As you respond to the promptings; I will reveal further details. It may be an unpopular area. Follow My steps. Follow My leadings. You are sure to be right. My hand is stretched forth in your direction. Fear not; I will only lead you forward. Your future is bright, and nothing can dim it. Receive direction! Receive precision and receive Grace to take steps!
Receive Grace for the ministries; the helps, for teachings, for prison ministry, for children ministry, for accurate interpretation of truth, for unusual skills, to interpret hard sentences, creative abilities, creative abilities, creative writings. As you separate yourself; you will get more details. Learn to be quiet. Quiet in your heart. Don't busy your mind with things that don't matter. Did the Word not say that through separation a man having separated himself intermeddled with all wisdom? Through desire, a man having separated himself intermeddled with all wisdom. That is what Isaac knew that he went to the field to meditate. Learn to be quiet. Study to be quiet. And record your spontaneous thoughts in an atmosphere of worship. I assure you; I assure you; My glorious voice will be heard. I can't break My Word. My Word is clear; that My sheep hear My voice. The voice of a stranger they will not follow.
Yes, yes, yes, men that will speak up your vision are coming your way! Men that will make your vision leap up in joy are coming your way. I have sent them ahead. The same way that John the Baptist leaped with joy in the womb of Elizabeth; the vision in you will leap for joy through the words of these men because I have sent them to activate your visions. Be not slothful. I will strengthen you. I will energize you. You will not breakdown because I am your strength. I will hold you with My right hand of righteousness.
Commit yourself to studying. First and foremost, My Word and then other things I will lead you to. Watch out! Watch out! Watch out! A new you is emerging! Your speech shall show it. Your actions shall show it. The visions you saw in the past; I am bringing you into them now because it's time. You can't be denied. I am a rewarder of them that diligently seek Me. I have seen your heart! I have seen your heart! What you could not imagine will come through your hands. Far beyond your imagination, I will bring it to pass because My hand will perform it.
I have cleared the way for you. Those that sought for you, you will not see them again because you operate in a new level far beyond their reach. Maintain a right heart. An accommodating heart. A giving heart. I will keep pouring the blessings once you remain a Faithful channel. Because you are a channel to blessing others; you cannot lack the blessing of God. My blessing is on you (laughter). My Glory is on you. Watch out. Watch out. Watch out. Be on the watch. You will see My Glory manifest in and through you. And the World shall know that you are not wasting your time.
Yes, yes, it's a new season. Weeping may have lasted all through the night. I hear the Lord say; it is a new day. I hear the Lord say that the morning has come. Cheer up (laughter). The water is within your reach. What you are looking for is within your reach. Just like Hagar was crying and not knowing that the water was within her reach. My sons and daughters; your help is within your reach. Refuse to look to man. Refuse to look to men. Men will fail. At their best they will fail. They may not want to fail but they will fail because they are men. Put your eyes on Me. Put your eyes on Me and I surely assure you; you can never and will never be put to shame says the Most High God!
(Ikenna Okafor)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
*The Two Horses!!*

~ Author Unknown.

Just up the road from my home is a field, with two horses in it.

From a distance, each horse looks like any other horse. But if you stop your car, or are walking by, you will notice something quite amazing...

Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he is blind.

His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him. This alone is amazing.

If you stand nearby, and listen, you will hear the sound of a bell.

Looking around for the source of the sound, you will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field.

Attached to the horse's halter is a small bell. It lets the blind friend know where the other horse is, so he can follow.

As you stand, and watch these two friends You'll see that the horse with the bell is always checking on the blind horse, And that the blind horse will listen for the bell, and then slowly walk To where the other horse is, Trusting that he will not be led astray.

When the horse with the bell returns To the shelter of the barn each evening,

It stops occasionally, and looks back, Making sure that the blind friend isn't too far behind to hear the bell.

Like the owners of these two horses, The Creator does not throw us away just because we are not perfect, Or because we have problems, or challenges.

HE watches over us, and even brings others into our lives, to help us when we are in need...

Sometimes, we are the blind horse, being guided by the little ringing bell of those who The Most High places in our lives...

Other times, we are the guide horse, helping others to find their way...

Good friends are like that... You may not see them all the time, but you know they are always there.

Please, listen for my bell, and I'll listen for yours.
*_And remember..._*

*Be kinder than necessary* -
Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

*_Live simply,_*
*_Love generously,_*
*_Care deeply,_*
*_Speak kindly..._*
*_And leave the rest to The Creator!_*

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
From Resurrection to Bible Study : X-raying Jesus’ Priority
Jesus rose from the dead
There was no fun fair, No “angelic host party”
No special “Resurrection Celebration service”
No “Impartation Service”
No “welcome back from hades” dinner held in His honour.
If such a dinner had been held in His honour, we would have said it was worth it. In fact, if Jesus had lodged in a hotel (inn) for recuperation from the “stress” of this divine assignment He embarked on in the past few days, one would have said He was justified.
But what did He do after His resurrection? He showed up as two of His disciples were discussing the events of the last three days on their way to a village called Emmaus which was about seven miles from Jerusalem.
And He immediately began a bible study class
“And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself”(Lk. 24:27).
It took a whole day to travel on foot from Jerusalem to Emmaus. Jesus had a bible study with these folks for a whole day as they were walking...The study covered Genesis to Malachi.
Oh mine, that must have been an indepth study for that length of time.
He continued when He showed up again, at this time there was a number of them gathered in one place,
“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day” (Lk. 24:44-46).
This bible study continued for 40 days (Acts 1:3). It means these bible study classes were more important to Jesus than any other thing. Bible study was His priority. He wanted them to know and clearly understand the Scriptures. He wanted them to see the Message of the Scriptures. Nothing and I mean nothing should be more important to a believer than bible study. If it was that important to Jesus that this was the first assignment He undertook after His resurrection, then we have no reason to say ours is different today. We can’t afford to give any other thing more time than the study of the Word. Bible study is the lifeline of Christianity, take it out and you have an empty shell, it must be detail and exhaustive. We cannot afford to allow entertainment to take its place. Bible study began from His resurrection and must be sustained till the resurrection of the dead.
The early disciples never made light of this pattern, they gathered continually for this purpose: “And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers” (Acts 2:42).
Paul taught in a School of Tyrannus. Acts chapters 19 and 20 help us to see how he taught there. He had a lengthy period of time teaching in Ephesus for 5 hours everyday for the space of 2 years. In Acts 20, it was mentioned that he preached for a long while. “And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed”(Acts 20:7,11). A believer who despises bible study both in a local church and his personal life is a believer who despises what was/is paramount to Jesus.
Whenever you hear someone complain about long hours of bible study, you doubt if such a person truly believes in Jesus.
When a Christian begins to say “It is not about Greek and Hebrew words, it’s about results”, you know that such a Christian is not to be taken serious.
If truly you love Jesus’ resurrection, you will also love what He did after He was raised from the dead. The depth of His death must be studied indepth.
There must be a yearning in our hearts like it was in the Apostle of old to “...know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death” (Phil. 3:10).
This season calls for more devotion to the study of God’s Word in the light of Christ.
Say these words: I give myself more to the study of the Word. I avail myself of every opportunity in my local church to learn and grow spiritually. My mind is renewed, the light of the Word dawns on my soul and my life is a shining example of the Gospel of Christ" Amen.
Have a blessed day.
Revd Adedayo F. Ponnle
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Fouronetwo: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Good day good people of GOD.Pls i need a good samaritan to come to my rescue as i am in serious pains right now. I am a father of 2 kids who lost his job few months ago and my wife is on admission in the hospital for an ailment.My kids have been malnourished in recent times and since yesterday,they have had nothing to eat and this has been a source of great worry.i wouldn't bother much if i was the only victim here.
pls any one who can feel the agony i'm going through now and wants to help or anyone who is looking for where to sow a seed Can do so by helping these kids and i know it will be multiplied in a thousand folds back to the donor. ACCOUNT NO :0032212724 Sterling bank. PHONE NO :08167888260.
Thank you so much for your love.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Christian Cleansing / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.