Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (832156 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
Matrimony is Christian marriage, consent between a man and woman who have received the life of Jesus Christ Crucified on Calvary and He has permitted them to manifest marriage as their vocation on earth(Matthew 19:12), this consent is declared publicly at any choice accepted by the would-be-couple and church-hirarchy before a representative of Christ based upon your fellowship/Church/Denomination-hierarchy-choice and matrimonial blessings. Parental consent and gifts from the groom to their in-laws are part of pre-matrimonial processes which is called *marriage-engagement* but it does not define *Christian-marriage or permit sexual-intimacy between the would-be-couple* unless where the engagement and Christian marriage takes place the same day and time. *Bride-prize and kindred list* does not define *Christian-marriage* though some people make it a part of *marital engagement rite*, Adam did not pay any bride-prize for Eve(1st literal marriage in the bible; Genesis 1 & 2), Abraham's eldest servant gave the gifts *he could afford* to Rebekah and her parents for the marriage of Rebekah to Isaac(An elaborate literally marriage in the bible; Genesis 24:1-ff). The 1st person who sought to pay a definite prize stated by the parents of the bride is Shechem because He has *raped Dinah before coming to ask for her hand in marriage* (Genesis 34:1-ff) which even lead to bloody revenge from the brothers of Dinah. Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sincere encounter/hunger with the Grace released by the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary for the salvation of every human being existing in the Heavens, Earth and Under-world is the *only access to the on-going-revival* in this our generation...

Jesus Christ Crucified loves You/I
Repent now and believe in HIM because the next second might be too late...

The new life that Jesus gives establishes you in peace, joy, love, victory and righteousness in the Holy Spirit even as you pass through temptations, enjoyments, persecutions, miracles, trials and favours in this earthly existence.

May the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary never be *wasted unto eternal damnation/hell-fire* in our lives through the unlimited manifestations of His Holy Spirit who convicts our hearts towards repentance from sin as well as convince us to believe the gospel in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2019
Jeremiah 42:11 Be not afraid of the king of Babylon(sin, flesh, evil-world-systems, demons, death and devil), of whom ye are afraid; be not afraid of him, saith the LORD JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED: for I am with you to save you, and to deliver you from his hand. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2019
Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Are you confused about Christianity?
You need to encounter Jesus Christ who died on the Cross of Calvary about 2019 years ago to deliver every and each human being both born and unborn from sin, the flesh, death, evil-world-systems, demons and devil as well *give his own life to replace completely our old-self/flesh/spirit-man*.
You do not need any physical or denominational church but *a sound knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified* and a disciple maker who will be used by the Holy Spirit to help you learn how to submit 100% of your whole being (spirit, soul and body) to the New Life of Jesus Christ Crucified now living inside you after you believed in the *sound gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified* so that He will use you to manifest completely His plans for bringing you into this earth.
Jesus Christ death on the Cross of Calvary is the only *complete deliverance, restoration and growth* for any human being in this world thus "whoever the son sets free is free indeed" (John 8:36)
And
Hebrews 7:25 "Wherefore *He is able also to save them to the uttermost/completely that come unto God by him*, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

Focus your mind on Jesus and ask Him to save you *completely* by the power of his death which tore the temple curtain from top to bottom and opened the tombs of the righteous (Matthew 27:50-56) and pour into you *His whole new life* and grow you into his perfect will and manifestations.

Make this your consistent prayers until you see his genuine deliverance and salvation in your life
Thus the end of sinful living, fleshly-lifestyle, fear of death, fear of demons, intimidations/distractions from circumstances/trials/enjoyments/persecutions/miracles in this earthly existence. You do not need to meet any man/woman rather focus on Jesus Christ who died on the Cross to save every human being from sin, flesh, death, evil-world-systems, demons and devil as well as replace our old-self/flesh/man with His own *flesh*(Hebrews 10:19-23)

*Jesus* as a name and being means *deliverance* thus "He shall be called Jesus because He will deliver His brothers and sisters *from their sin*"(Matthew 1:21) hence being *GOD* He is everywhere and can *deliver any human being who calls out to him* whether you are born into Christian-family or any other religion because His death on the Cross of Calvary does not exclude any human being or religion which makes it an expression of God's grace thus "this is *the grace of God* that Jesus Christ tasted death for every human being" (Hebrews 2:9) so do not delay to *call Him now to establish this grace of salvation/eternal-life permanently in your life*.

If you call out to Him *sincerely*, He will establish the life he released on the Cross of Calvary permanently inside you, as well as grow you into his perfect will and manifestations through personal bible studies with adequate understanding, group bible studies with sound disciples currently close to you in your geographical locations and daily living experiences.

If you can afford data, I will encourage you to listen to these 4-video messages "Not I But Christ" by Gbile Akanni on YouTube, it will help you to gain a sound understanding of what *Christianity entails*
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
Though all the peoples walk Each in the name of his god, As for us, we will walk In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ Crucified our God forever and ever. (Micah 4:5 )
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
Romans 6:5-7 Living Bible (TLB)

5 For you have become a part of him, and so you died with him, so to speak, when he died; and now you share his new life and shall rise as he did. 6 Your old evil desires were nailed to the cross with him; that part of you that loves to sin was crushed and fatally wounded, so that your sin-loving body is no longer under sin’s control, no longer needs to be a slave to sin; 7 for when you are deadened to sin you are freed from all its attractions and its power over you."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
Luke 1 Living Bible (TLB)
1 1-2 Dear friend who loves God:[a]

Several biographies of Christ have already been written using as their source material the reports circulating among us from the early disciples and other eyewitnesses. 3 However, it occurred to me that it would be well to recheck all these accounts from first to last and after thorough investigation to pass this summary on to you,[b] 4 to reassure you of the truth of all you were taught.

5 My story begins with a Jewish priest, Zacharias, who lived when Herod was king of Judea. Zacharias was a member of the Abijah division of the Temple service corps. (His wife, Elizabeth, was, like himself, a member of the priest tribe of the Jews, a descendant of Aaron.) 6 Zacharias and Elizabeth were godly folk, careful to obey all of God’s laws in spirit as well as in letter. 7 But they had no children, for Elizabeth was barren; and now they were both very old.

8-9 One day as Zacharias was going about his work in the Temple—for his division was on duty that week—the honor fell to him by lot[c] to enter the inner sanctuary and burn incense before the Lord. 10 Meanwhile, a great crowd stood outside in the Temple court, praying as they always did during that part of the service when the incense was being burned.

11-12 Zacharias was in the sanctuary when suddenly an angel appeared, standing to the right of the altar of incense! Zacharias was startled and terrified.

13 But the angel said, “Don’t be afraid, Zacharias! For I have come to tell you that God has heard your prayer, and your wife, Elizabeth, will bear you a son! And you are to name him John. 14 You will both have great joy and gladness at his birth, and many will rejoice with you. 15 For he will be one of the Lord’s great men. He must never touch wine or hard liquor—and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from before his birth! 16 And he will persuade many a Jew to turn to the Lord his God. 17 He will be a man of rugged[d] spirit and power like Elijah, the prophet of old; and he will precede the coming of the Messiah, preparing the people for his arrival. He will soften adult hearts to become like little children’s, and will change disobedient minds to the wisdom of faith.”*

18 Zacharias said to the angel, “But this is impossible! I’m an old man now, and my wife is also well along in years.”

19 Then the angel said, “I am Gabriel! I stand in the very presence of God. It was he who sent me to you with this good news! 20 And now, because you haven’t believed me, you are to be stricken silent, unable to speak until the child is born. For my words will certainly come true at the proper time.”

21 Meanwhile the crowds outside were waiting for Zacharias to appear and wondered why he was taking so long. 22 When he finally came out, he couldn’t speak to them, and they realized from his gestures that he must have seen a vision in the Temple. 23 He stayed on at the Temple for the remaining days of his Temple duties and then returned home. 24 Soon afterwards Elizabeth his wife became pregnant and went into seclusion for five months.

25 “How kind the Lord is,” she exclaimed, “to take away my disgrace of having no children!”

26 The following month God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee, 27 to a virgin, Mary, engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David.

28 Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Congratulations, favored lady! The Lord is with you!”[e]

29 Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean.

30 “Don’t be frightened, Mary,” the angel told her, “for God has decided to wonderfully bless you! 31 Very soon now, you will become pregnant and have a baby boy, and you are to name him ‘Jesus.’ 32 He shall be very great and shall be called the Son of God. And the Lord God shall give him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 And he shall reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom shall never end!”

34 Mary asked the angel, “But how can I have a baby? I am a virgin.”

35 The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of God shall overshadow you; so the baby born to you will be utterly holy—the Son of God. 36 Furthermore, six months ago your Aunt[f] Elizabeth—‘the barren one,’ they called her—became pregnant in her old age! 37 For every promise from God shall surely come true.”

38 Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant, and I am willing to do whatever he wants. May everything you said come true.” And then the angel disappeared.

39-40 A few days later Mary hurried to the highlands of Judea to the town where Zacharias lived, to visit Elizabeth.

41 At the sound of Mary’s greeting, Elizabeth’s child leaped within her and she was filled with the Holy Spirit.

42 She gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, “You are favored by God above all other women, and your child is destined for God’s mightiest praise. 43 What an honor this is, that the mother of my Lord should visit me! 44 When you came in and greeted me, the instant I heard your voice, my baby moved in me for joy! 45 You believed that God would do what he said; that is why he has given you this wonderful blessing.”

46 Mary responded, “Oh, how I praise the Lord. 47 How I rejoice in God my Savior! 48 For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and now generation after generation forever shall call me blest of God. 49 For he, the mighty Holy One, has done great things to me. 50 His mercy goes on from generation to generation, to all who reverence him.

51 “How powerful is his mighty arm! How he scatters the proud and haughty ones! 52 He has torn princes from their thrones and exalted the lowly. 53 He has satisfied the hungry hearts and sent the rich away with empty hands. 54 And how he has helped his servant Israel! He has not forgotten his promise to be merciful. 55 For he promised our fathers—Abraham and his children—to be merciful to them forever.”

56 Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months and then went back to her own home.

57 By now Elizabeth’s waiting was over, for the time had come for the baby to be born—and it was a boy. 58 The word spread quickly to her neighbors and relatives of how kind the Lord had been to her, and everyone rejoiced.

59 When the baby was eight days old, all the relatives and friends came for the circumcision ceremony. They all assumed the baby’s name would be Zacharias, after his father.

60 But Elizabeth said, “No! He must be named John!”

61 “What?” they exclaimed. “There is no one in all your family by that name.” 62 So they asked the baby’s father, talking to him by gestures.[g]

63 He motioned for a piece of paper and to everyone’s surprise wrote, “His name is John!” 64 Instantly Zacharias could speak again, and he began praising God.

65 Wonder fell upon the whole neighborhood, and the news of what had happened spread through the Judean hills. 66 And everyone who heard about it thought long thoughts and asked, “I wonder what this child will turn out to be? For the hand of the Lord is surely upon him in some special way.”

67 Then his father, Zacharias, was filled with the Holy Spirit and gave this prophecy:

68 “Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, for he has come to visit his people and has redeemed them. 69 He is sending us a Mighty Savior from the royal line of his servant David, 70 just as he promised through his holy prophets long ago— 71 someone to save us from our enemies, from all who hate us.

72-73 “He has been merciful to our ancestors, yes, to Abraham himself, by remembering his sacred promise to him, 74 and by granting us the privilege of serving God fearlessly, freed from our enemies, 75 and by making us holy and acceptable, ready to stand in his presence forever.

76 “And you, my little son, shall be called the prophet of the glorious God, for you will prepare the way for the Messiah. 77 You will tell his people how to find salvation through forgiveness of their sins. 78 All this will be because the mercy of our God is very tender, and heaven’s dawn is about to break upon us, 79 to give light to those who sit in darkness and death’s shadow, and to guide us to the path of peace.”

80 The little boy greatly loved God[h] and when he grew up he lived out in the lonely wilderness until he began his public ministry to Israel.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
1 John 5:15-17 is making reference to any person *remaining in unbelief (sin) to the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified till death* as *sin unto death* and no prayer should be offered for such because he/she is gone to hell-fire forever while any person still alive biologically and lives in unbelief (sin) can be prayed for and given the gospel adequately because there is possibility for *repentance and convertion for such a person* hence he declared *all sin is unrighteousness/wickedness before God* because all types/kinds of sin by persons in this 2-scenarios are *evil* in the eyes of God but *repentance* is feasible for those still alive biologically.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
Thanks for keeping this thread running. More grace to all.

Ng, I greet you. It has been a while. Trust you are doing well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:15am On Dec 03, 2019
1 John 3:16 Living Bible (TLB)

16 We know what real love is from Christ’s example in dying for us. And so we also ought to lay down our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:28am On Dec 03, 2019
John 3:16-18 Living Bible (TLB)

16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son[a] so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by inumidun2010(m): 6:38am On Dec 03, 2019
Good morning house, I'm currently serving in Anambra State, posted to Ozubulu in Ekwusigo LGA, Some months back, I went to Night of Encounter at Living Faith Church, Ozubulu(Winners Chapel) and as the Man of God (bishop David Oyedepo) was ministering he said he gave out his rickety car when he started ministry to build the church ..Immediately, God impressed in my heart to do so even though it's in the form of a bulk money em expecting..Also I met this lady not quite long, She always say there is a reason for our meeting that it's not just a coincidence..I believe so reluctantly.. last week a lady was so confused about a life partner ,she confided in me and I simply told her to meet her pastor, she attends one of the orthodox churches around where POWER isn't exhibited ...while in school (Kogi State University) ,I know that descendants of OMEGA FIRE MINISTRY (JOHNSON SULEMAN) exhibits fire and that's the church the lady who said we met for a reason attends... I took the confused lady to the church..
I was somehow disappointed, the church is still upcoming , they don't have any musical instrument, planks and roofing sheets was just mended together, they only have PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM and some plastic chairs and bench..but the SET MAN there is FIRE..
Now to the reason for posting this, I already have it in my heart that once the money enters my hand it's going to God ( it's no longer mine).. Nobody knows what God told me, Please people who are Spiritually Mature than me, where em I going to Sow the Seed..
Living Faith Church in Ozubulu here is a dope and polished church but the house of God can never be too polished there's always something to do, Omega Fire Ministry here is using a rented land, not polished, plan to relocate to new site..Please where em I going to sow my PRECIOUS SEED no matter how small..
I know God brought me to Anambra for a reason. because when I went to school to collect my statement of result, I met a guy inside the bus who told me to pick anambra for NYSC, I didn't even think I will be posted to Anambra because that was the only eastern state I chose..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
Because we understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord, we work hard to persuade others. God knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Therefore, being conscious of fearing the Lord with respect and reverence, we seek to win people over [to persuade them]. But what sort of persons we are is plainly recognized and thoroughly understood by God, and I hope that it is plainly recognized and thoroughly understood also by your consciences (your inborn discernment).
2 Corinthian 5:11.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
Luke 3 Living Bible (TLB)
3 1-2 In the fifteenth year of the reign of Emperor Tiberius Caesar, a message came from God to John (the son of Zacharias), as he was living out in the deserts. (Pilate was governor over Judea at that time; Herod, over Galilee; his brother Philip, over Iturea and Trachonitis; Lysanias, over Abilene; and Annas and Caiaphas were high priests.) 3 Then John went from place to place on both sides of the Jordan River, preaching that people should be baptized to show that they had turned to God and away from their sins, in order to be forgiven.[a]

4 In the words of Isaiah the prophet, John was “a voice shouting from the barren wilderness, ‘Prepare a road for the Lord to travel on! Widen the pathway before him! 5 Level the mountains! Fill up the valleys! Straighten the curves! Smooth out the ruts! 6 And then all mankind shall see the Savior sent from God.’”

7 Here is a sample of John’s preaching to the crowds that came for baptism: “You brood of snakes! You are trying to escape hell without truly turning to God! That is why you want to be baptized! 8 First go and prove by the way you live that you really have repented. And don’t think you are safe because you are descendants of Abraham. That isn’t enough. God can produce children of Abraham from these desert stones! 9 The ax of his judgment is poised over you, ready to sever your roots and cut you down. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.”

10 The crowd replied, “What do you want us to do?”

11 “If you have two coats,” he replied, “give one to the poor. If you have extra food, give it away to those who are hungry.”

12 Even tax collectors—notorious for their corruption—came to be baptized and asked, “How shall we prove to you that we have abandoned our sins?”

13 “By your honesty,” he replied. “Make sure you collect no more taxes than the Roman[b] government requires you to.”

14 “And us,” asked some soldiers, “what about us?”

John replied, “Don’t extort money by threats and violence; don’t accuse anyone of what you know he didn’t do; and be content with your pay!”

15 Everyone was expecting the Messiah to come soon, and eager to know whether or not John was he. This was the question of the hour and was being discussed everywhere.

16 John answered the question by saying, “I baptize only with water; but someone is coming soon who has far higher authority than mine; in fact, I am not even worthy of being his slave.[c] He will baptize you with fire—with the Holy Spirit. 17 He will separate chaff from grain, and burn up the chaff with eternal fire and store away the grain.” 18 He used many such warnings as he announced the Good News to the people.

19-20 (But after John had publicly criticized Herod, governor of Galilee, for marrying Herodias, his brother’s wife, and for many other wrongs he had done, Herod put John in prison, thus adding this sin to all his many others.)

21 Then one day, after the crowds had been baptized, Jesus himself was baptized; and as he was praying, the heavens opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove settled upon him, and a voice from heaven said, “You are my much loved Son, yes, my delight.”

23-38 Jesus was about thirty years old when he began his public ministry.

Jesus was known as the son of Joseph.

Joseph’s father was Heli;

Heli’s father was Matthat;

Matthat’s father was Levi;

Levi’s father was Melchi;

Melchi’s father was Jannai;

Jannai’s father was Joseph;

Joseph’s father was Mattathias;

Mattathias’s father was Amos;

Amos’s father was Nahum;

Nahum’s father was Esli;

Esli’s father was Naggai;

Naggai’s father was Maath;

Maath’s father was Mattathias;

Mattathias’s father was Semein;

Semein’s father was Josech;

Josech’s father was Joda;

Joda’s father was Joanan;

Joanan’s father was Rhesa;

Rhesa’s father was Zerubbabel;

Zerubbabel’s father was Shealtiel;

Shealtiel’s father was Neri;

Neri’s father was Melchi;

Melchi’s father was Addi;

Addi’s father was Cosam;

Cosam’s father was Elmadam;

Elmadam’s father was Er;

Er’s father was Joshua;

Joshua’s father was Eliezer;

Eliezer’s father was Jorim;

Jorim’s father was Matthat;

Matthat’s father was Levi;

Levi’s father was Simeon;

Simeon’s father was Judah;

Judah’s father was Joseph;

Joseph’s father was Jonam;

Jonam’s father was Eliakim;

Eliakim’s father was Melea;

Melea’s father was Menna;

Menna’s father was Mattatha;

Mattatha’s father was Nathan;

Nathan’s father was David;

David’s father was Jesse;

Jesse’s father was Obed;

Obed’s father was Boaz;

Boaz’s father was Salmon;

Salmon’s father was Nahshon;

Nahshon’s father was Amminadab;

Amminadab’s father was Admin;

Admin’s father was Arni;

Arni’s father was Hezron;

Hezron’s father was Perez;

Perez’s father was Judah;

Judah’s father was Jacob;

Jacob’s father was Isaac;

Isaac’s father was Abraham;

Abraham’s father was Terah;

Terah’s father was Nahor;

Nahor’s father was Serug;

Serug’s father was Reu;

Reu’s father was Peleg;

Peleg’s father was Eber;

Eber’s father was Shelah;

Shelah’s father was Cainan;

Cainan’s father was Arphaxad;

Arphaxad’s father was Shem;

Shem’s father was Noah;

Noah’s father was Lamech;

Lamech’s father was Methuselah;

Methuselah’s father was Enoch;

Enoch’s father was Jared;

Jared’s father was Mahalaleel;

Mahalaleel’s father was Cainan;

Cainan’s father was Enos;

Enos’s father was Seth;

Seth’s father was Adam;

Adam’s father was God.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
Greetings
(Julivas),
It indeed has been a long time.
She is doing very well.
How's the family?
Hope you are doing well also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2019
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 NASB)

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
Luke 4 Living Bible (TLB)
4 1-2 Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan River, being urged by the Spirit out into the barren wastelands of Judea, where Satan tempted him for forty days. He ate nothing all that time and was very hungry.

3 Satan said, “If you are God’s Son, tell this stone to become a loaf of bread.”

4 But Jesus replied, “It is written in the Scriptures, ‘Other things in life are much more important than bread!’”[a]

5 Then Satan took him up and revealed to him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time; 6-7 and the devil told him, “I will give you all these splendid kingdoms and their glory—for they are mine to give to anyone I wish—if you will only get down on your knees and worship me.”

8 Jesus replied, “We must worship God, and him alone. So it is written in the Scriptures.”

9-11 Then Satan took him to Jerusalem to a high roof of the Temple and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say that God will send his angels to guard you and to keep you from crashing to the pavement below!”

12 Jesus replied, “The Scriptures also say, ‘Do not put the Lord your God to a foolish test.’”

13 When the devil had ended all the temptations, he left Jesus for a while and went away.

14 Then Jesus returned to Galilee, full of the Holy Spirit’s power. Soon he became well known throughout all that region 15 for his sermons in the synagogues; everyone praised him.

16 When he came to the village of Nazareth, his boyhood home, he went as usual to the synagogue on Saturday, and stood up to read the Scriptures. 17 The book of Isaiah the prophet was handed to him, and he opened it to the place where it says:

18-19 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me; he has appointed me to preach Good News to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted and to announce that captives shall be released and the blind shall see, that the downtrodden shall be freed from their oppressors, and that God is ready to give blessings to all who come to him.”[b]

20 He closed the book and handed it back to the attendant and sat down, while everyone in the synagogue gazed at him intently. 21 Then he added, “These Scriptures came true today!”

22 All who were there spoke well of him and were amazed by the beautiful words that fell from his lips. “How can this be?” they asked. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?”

23 Then he said, “Probably you will quote me that proverb, ‘Physician, heal yourself’—meaning, ‘Why don’t you do miracles here in your hometown like those you did in Capernaum?’ 24 But I solemnly declare to you that no prophet is accepted in his own hometown! 25-26 For example, remember how Elijah the prophet used a miracle to help the widow of Zarephath—a foreigner from the land of Sidon. There were many Jewish widows needing help in those days of famine, for there had been no rain for three and a half years, and hunger stalked the land; yet Elijah was not sent to them. 27 Or think of the prophet Elisha, who healed Naaman, a Syrian, rather than the many Jewish lepers needing help.”

28 These remarks stung them to fury; 29 and jumping up, they mobbed him and took him to the edge of the hill on which the city was built, to push him over the cliff. 30 But he walked away through the crowd and left them.

31 Then he returned to Capernaum, a city in Galilee, and preached there in the synagogue every Saturday. 32 Here, too, the people were amazed at the things he said. For he spoke as one who knew the truth, instead of merely quoting the opinions of others as his authority.

33 Once as he was teaching in the synagogue, a man possessed by a demon began shouting at Jesus, 34 “Go away! We want nothing to do with you, Jesus from Nazareth. You have come to destroy us. I know who you are—the Holy Son of God.”

35 Jesus cut him short. “Be silent!” he told the demon. “Come out!” The demon threw the man to the floor as the crowd watched, and then left him without hurting him further.

36 Amazed, the people asked, “What is in this man’s words that even demons obey him?” 37 The story of what he had done spread like wildfire throughout the whole region.

38 After leaving the synagogue that day, he went to Simon’s home where he found Simon’s mother-in-law very sick with a high fever. “Please heal her,” everyone begged.

39 Standing at her bedside he spoke to the fever, rebuking it, and immediately her temperature returned to normal, and she got up and prepared a meal for them![c]

40 As the sun went down that evening, all the villagers who had any sick people in their homes, no matter what their diseases were, brought them to Jesus; and the touch of his hands healed every one! 41 Some were possessed by demons; and the demons came out at his command, shouting, “You are the Son of God.” But because they knew he was the Christ, he stopped them and told them to be silent.

42 Early the next morning he went out into the desert. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them but to stay at Capernaum. 43 But he replied, “I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other places too, for that is why I was sent.” 44 So he continued to travel around preaching in synagogues throughout Judea.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
Matthew 22:8 And he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, and the guests I invited aren’t worthy of the honor. 9 Now go out to the street corners and invite everyone you see.’

10 “So the servants did, and brought in all they could find, good and bad alike; and the banquet hall was filled with guests. 11 But when the king came in to meet the guests, he noticed a man who wasn’t wearing the wedding robe provided for him.[a]

12 “‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how does it happen that you are here without a wedding robe?’ And the man had no reply.

13 “Then the king said to his aides, ‘Bind him hand and foot and throw him out into the outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Engagement or titles or commitments or Christian activities/routines/clothes/sacramentals/bibles or bible knowledge within or outside the house of God or amongst the brethren does not make any human being *a disciple of Jesus Christ Crucified* rather *the reception of the LIFE that Jesus Christ released upon all human being on the Cross of Calvary when He expired*

You have the grace to receive this LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED NOW.

in whatever religion you were born, no matter your presumed titles in the christian gatherings/assembly ask JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED to take your old-self/spirit-man/flesh to the cross, crucify it together with his flesh and pour into your mortal-body HIS NEW LIFE. This LIFE released by Jesus Christ when he died on the Cross is the *only permissible wedding robe* for the wedding feast of the lamb. It does not have any other duplicate or look-alike.

GREAT GRACE BRETHREN!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:51am On Dec 05, 2019
2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
Consistent holiness is his lifestyle inside you; if you have received JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED:

Galatians 5:24 Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus *have crucified the sinful nature together with its passions and appetites*.

5 For if we have become one with Him [permanently united] in the likeness of His death, we will also certainly be [one with Him and share fully] in the likeness of His resurrection. 6 We know that *our old self [our human nature without the Holy Spirit] was nailed to the cross with Him*, in order that *our body of sin might be done away with*, so that *we would no longer be slaves to sin*. 7 For *the person who has died [with Christ] has been freed from [the attraction and power of] sin*. {Romans 6:5-7}

Galatians 2:17 Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 But if, while we seek to be justified in Christ [by faith], we ourselves are found to be sinners, does that make Christ an advocate or promoter of our sin? Certainly not!

Romans 6:1-4 (AMP)
1 What shall we say [to all this]? Should we continue in sin and practice sin as a habit so that [God’s gift of] *grace may increase and overflow?* 2 Certainly not! How can we, the very ones who died to sin, continue to live in it any longer? 3 Or are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who have been [b]baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 We have therefore been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory and power of the Father, we too might walk habitually in newness of life [abandoning our old ways]."

That which is born of the flesh is flesh [the physical is merely physical], and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

"by their fruits, you shall know them..." (Matthew 7:20)

"You cannot serve God(Spirit) and mammon(flesh) at the same time, you either hate one and love the other" (Matthew 6:24)

Galatians 5:19-21 Amplified Bible (AMP)
19 Now the practices of the [a]sinful nature are clearly evident: they are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (total irresponsibility, lack of self-control), 20 [b]idolatry, [c]sorcery, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions [that promote heresies], 21 envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and other things like these. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that *those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.*

Galatians 5:22-23 Amplified Bible (AMP)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. *Against such things there is no law*.

"4 But those who keep on sinning are against God, for every sin is done against the will of God. 5 And you know that he became a man so that he could take away our sins, and that there is no sin in him, no missing of God’s will at any time in any way. 6 So if we stay close to him, obedient to him, we won’t be sinning either; but as for those who keep on sinning, they should realize this: They sin because they have never really known him or become his.

7 Oh, dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: if you are constantly doing what is good, it is because you are good, even as he is. 8 But if you keep on sinning, it shows that you belong to Satan, who since he first began to sin has kept steadily at it. But the Son of God came to destroy these works of the devil. 9 The person who has been born into God’s family does not make a practice of sinning because now God’s life is in him; so he can’t keep on sinning, for this new life has been born into him and controls him—he has been born again.

10 So now we can tell who is a child of God and who belongs to Satan. Whoever is living a life of sin and doesn’t love his brother shows that he is not in God’s family; 11 for the message to us from the beginning has been that we should love one another. (1 John 3:4-10)

11 For the [remarkable, undeserved] *grace of God* that brings salvation has appeared *to all men*. 12 It teaches us to reject ungodliness and worldly (immoral) desires, and to live self-controlled, righteous, and holy lives [lives with a purpose that reflect spiritual maturity] *in this present age*, 13 awaiting and confidently expecting the [fulfillment of our] blessed hope and the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 *who [willingly] gave Himself [to be crucified] on our behalf to redeem us and purchase our freedom from all wickedness/sinfulness*, and to purify for Himself a chosen and very special people to be His own possession, who are enthusiastic for doing what is good. (Titus 2:11-14)

John 8:36 Amplified Bible (AMP)
36 So if the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.

Hebrews 7:25 Amplified Bible (AMP)
25 Therefore He is able also to save forever (completely, perfectly, for eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede and intervene on their behalf [with God].

Hebrews 10:10-14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
10 And in accordance with this will [of God] we [who believe in the message of salvation] have been sanctified [that is, set apart as holy for God and His purposes] through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) once for all.

11 Every priest stands [at his altar of service] ministering daily, offering the same sacrifices over and over, which are never able [a]to strip away sins [that envelop and cover us]; 12 whereas Christ, having offered the one sacrifice [the all-sufficient sacrifice of Himself] for sins for all time, sat down [signifying the completion of atonement for sin] at the right hand of God [the position of honor], 13 waiting from that time onward until his enemies are made a footstool for His feet. 14 For by the one offering He has perfected forever and completely cleansed those who are being sanctified [bringing each believer to spiritual completion and maturity].

John 14:16 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Role of the Spirit
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever

John 4:14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.”

John 8:11-12 Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 She answered, “No one, Lord!” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you either. Go. From now on sin no more.”]
12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, “[a]I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

John 6:47 Amplified Bible (AMP)
47 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he who believes [in Me as Savior—whoever adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me—already] has eternal life [that is, now possesses it].

1 Corinthians 1:8-9 Amplified Bible (AMP)
8 And He will also confirm you to the end [keeping you strong and free of any accusation, so that you will be] blameless and beyond reproach in the day [of the return] of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful [He is reliable, trustworthy and ever true to His promise—He can be depended on], and through Him you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Philippians 2:13 Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.

James 4:7-8 Amplified Bible (AMP)
7 So submit to [the authority of] God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him] and he will flee from you. 8 Come close to God [with a contrite heart] and He will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; and purify your [unfaithful] hearts, you double-minded [people].

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (AMP)
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [that is, separate you from profane and vulgar things, make you pure and whole and undamaged—consecrated to Him—set apart for His purpose]; and *may your spirit and soul and body* be kept complete and [be found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful and absolutely trustworthy is He who is calling you [to Himself for your salvation], and He will do it [He will fulfill His call by making you holy, guarding you, watching over you, and protecting you as His own].

Jude 24-25 Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 Now to Him *who is able to keep you from stumbling or falling into sin*, and to *present you unblemished [blameless and faultless] in the presence of His glory with triumphant joy and unspeakable delight*, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and power, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
inumidun2010:
Good morning house, I'm currently serving in Anambra State, posted to Ozubulu in Ekwusigo LGA, Some months back, I went to Night of Encounter at Living Faith Church, Ozubulu(Winners Chapel) and as the Man of God (bishop David Oyedepo) was ministering he said he gave out his rickety car when he started ministry to build the church ..Immediately, God impressed in my heart to do so even though it's in the form of a bulk money em expecting..Also I met this lady not quite long, She always say there is a reason for our meeting that it's not just a coincidence..I believe so reluctantly.. last week a lady was so confused about a life partner ,she confided in me and I simply told her to meet her pastor, she attends one of the orthodox churches around where POWER isn't exhibited ...while in school (Kogi State University) ,I know that descendants of OMEGA FIRE MINISTRY (JOHNSON SULEMAN) exhibits fire and that's the church the lady who said we met for a reason attends... I took the confused lady to the church..
I was somehow disappointed, the church is still upcoming , they don't have any musical instrument, planks and roofing sheets was just mended together, they only have PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM and some plastic chairs and bench..but the SET MAN there is FIRE..
Now to the reason for posting this, I already have it in my heart that once the money enters my hand it's going to God ( it's no longer mine).. Nobody knows what God told me, Please people who are Spiritually Mature than me, where em I going to Sow the Seed..
Living Faith Church in Ozubulu here is a dope and polished church but the house of God can never be too polished there's always something to do, Omega Fire Ministry here is using a rented land, not polished, plan to relocate to new site..Please where em I going to sow my PRECIOUS SEED no matter how small..
I know God brought me to Anambra for a reason. because when I went to school to collect my statement of result, I met a guy inside the bus who told me to pick anambra for NYSC, I didn't even think I will be posted to Anambra because that was the only eastern state I chose..

sorry, this is coming late;
God is not an author of confusion, if God is the One who instructed you to give, He will also tell you where to give. You cannot start with God on a unique journey then ask men to help God complete His instruction for this your unique walk with HIM.
Ask God for clarity "the Holy Spirit will lead you into complete truth" (John 16:13) if actually He is the One instructing you or your flesh was psychologically motivated by *preachers utterance*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by inumidun2010(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

sorry, this is coming late;
God is not an author of confusion, if God is the One who instructed you to give, He will also tell you where to give. You cannot start with God on a unique journey then ask men to help God complete His instruction for this your unique walk with HIM.
Ask God for clarity "the Holy Spirit will lead you into complete truth" (John 16:13) if actually He is the One instructing you or your flesh was psychologically motivated by *preachers utterance*

Thanks sir, when the money enters, then I'll ask YWH where he wants me to give

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2019
Good News:
Christ Jesus saves sinners...
Much of the news we hear and read today is bad--wars, murders, kidnapping, sudden/unprepared deaths, typhoon, tsunami, ethnic cleansing, trouble of all kinds. No one likes to receive a message that contains bad news but every human being loves to get a letter that has good news.
God has news for all men. You might say that some of these are bad: 'the wages of sin is death' (Romans 6:23):
Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness"
Psalms 9:17 "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."
These bad news came as a consequence of Adam's sin thus
Romans 11:32 "For God hath concluded them *all in unbelief*, that *he might have mercy upon all*."
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:18 "Therefore as *by the offence of one* judgment came upon all men to condemnation..."
Even though this is true, yet all men should know that God has good news for every human being whether born into Christian-family or any other religion thus "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." (Romans 5:8 ).
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Have you sinned?
Does your sin condemn you? The word of God says that it does however the same word says "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1 Timothy 1:15)
Have you been holy or righteous or without sin by yourself/efforts or religious-practices from your childhood?
Your righteousness is like a filthy rag in the sight of God (Isaiah 64:6)
Jesus had to die on the tree of Calvary to provide *complete and perfect salvation* both for sinners and the righteous thus "For Christ [the Messiah Himself] *died for sins once for all*, the Righteous for the unrighteous *(the Just for the unjust, the Innocent for the guilty)*, that He might bring us to God. In His human body He was put to death, but He was made alive in the spirit" (1 Peter 3:18 amp).
Sin is such a terrible thing in the sight of God that nothing in this world can cleanse it. Water cannot wash it away: all the good works we might try to do can never change the record of sin.
The word of God says, "...and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:7).
Jesus said, "for this is *my blood*, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. *It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.*" (Matthew 26:28)
Jesus has provided *the grace of salvation for you and each human being* but all that He has done *can never help you unless you accept what He has done and receive Him as your Saviour, as the one who died in your place to take the punishment for your sins*

John 1:11 "He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. 12 But to all who believed him(Jesus Christ Crucified) and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. 13 They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

14 So the Word became human and made his home among(within our mortal-bodies and circumstances) us. He was full of grace and truth. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son."

John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

*Eternal punishment* is the *present and future destiny* of those who do not repent and receive Jesus as their Saviour whether they are born into Christian-family or any other religion. *Eternal life* is the *present and future destiny* of those who receive and believe in the Son of God as their own *personal Lord and God*. Condemnation for sin is taken away from those who receive Christ thus John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

A new life/flesh/being that produces holiness consistently replaces the old-self/flesh of any human being who believes in Jesus Christ Crucified thus John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is *passed from death unto life*."

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

"And the *Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory*, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

"Therefore, *brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places* by the blood of Jesus, *by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh*" (Hebrews 10:19-20)

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you *another Helper, to be with you forever*" (John 14:16)

" *He will also strengthen you to the end*, so that *you may be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ*. 9 God is faithful; by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:8-9)

2 Timothy 1:12 "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: *for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day*. 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words/doctrines, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:14 That *good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us*."

Jesus has done all that is required of Him. Now you must do your own part. You cannot save yourself thus "We can never redeem ourselves; we cannot pay God the price for our lives" (Psalm 49:7), but you must accept the salvation that Christ provided on the tree of Calvary.
If any person offers you something, you must open your hand and receive it before it becomes your own.

Jesus Christ Crucified has offered you the free gift of salvation, but you will never be saved unless you *willingly receive* what He has done on the Cross of Calvary by accepting Him as your own personal Salvation. He came to save *from sin* not in sin thus "His name shall be called Jesus because *He will save his brothers and sisters from sin*" (Matthew 1:21)
Jesus leads human beings to turn away from sinful lifestyle, for it is impossible for any human being who lives in sin to say Jesus has saved him from sin thus John 8:31 "Then said Jesus *to those Jews which believed on him*, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, *Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever*. 8:36 If the *Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed*."

Jesus said "the kingdom of God is very near, repent ye and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15)

Romans 1:16 " *For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth*; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

1 Corinthians 1:21 "For after that *in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.*"

The word "Gospel" means "good news". *The Life* that Jesus Christ gave on the tree of Calvary by His death and resurrection is *the good news* for you today.

As you receive this message, do something about it now. Get into your mind/self/heart/brain/soul/intellect confess to Jesus Christ Crucified on the Cross of Calvary that *you need Him* to cleanse all your unbelief in His Gospel and sins whether you are born into Christian-family or any other religion or ideology by His own blood and give you His New Life.

Join any fellowship/assembly where the grace of Jesus Christ Crucified, the benefits of His death on Calvary and Resurrection especially repentance and remission of sin as well as consistent holiness is preached from the bible without fear or favour.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
MASTURBATION IS SIN:
Masturbation is sin whether some people you call *pastor* say *it is not sin or not*
Sexual thoughts/desire/urge is not sin whether married or single because we are not in-charge of what enters into our minds
however dwelling in sexual thoughts and wanting to satisfy it *by yourself* is sin whether married or single.
dwelling in sexual thoughts about your sexual intimacy with your wedded spouse or even desiring to engage in more sexual intimacy with your wedded spouse is not sin because you are married and it is permissible for married couple to engage in sexual intimacy hence it is a holy thought for married couple when they are desiring their own wedded spouse not another person, image, toys, fingers e.t.c. and this thought does not require personal squeezing of your sexual organs or fingering/romancing your body to satisfy your sexual appetite.
Having sex with yourself either by yourself or with sexual images, videos or toys is masturbation and it is sin whether you are married or single.
Sexual intimacy starts from the mind, images in your mind or physical eyes-focus to cuddling, kissing, romance and penetration between the sexual organs (vagina and pennis) of wedded husband and wife not mouth/anus/finger-penetration, toys, finger, condoms, contraceptives, withdrawal-methods, abortion-pills e.t.c. thus sexual intimacy for wedded couple must be open to procreation "And Adam *knew* Eve his wife and she conceived and bare Cain and said I have gotten a man from the Lord" (Genesis 4:1).
Knowledge here defines *sexual intimacy* which brought forth *conception*.
If couples are not ready for *conception* they are to abstain from sexual intimacy *within the peak/fertile days of the woman* which is 12 days out of the 28-days women cycle time-frame rather than introduce ideas, styles, medications, instruments that endanger the sanctity of marital purity. Self-control as one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is manifests more in marriage than when you are still single.
Sexual intimacy is defined between 2-persons (a wedded husband and wife) who are in the same geographical location thus "the man and his wife were naked and they were not ashamed" (Genesis 2:25) not with nude pictures, texts and videos.

Sexual intimacy for those who are wedded in the Christian method *must* be
*marital(between 1-man and 1-woman joined by a Priest/Pastor on the behalf of Jesus Christ Crucified; Genesis 2:25)*,
*procreative(open to pregnancy without any form or method of contraceptive/abortion; Genesis 4:1)*,
and
*unitive(acceptable/agreeable/uniting to the man and woman's soul, spirit and body in "union with the purity of God"; Hebrews 13:4)*
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
TGregg:
Greetings,.(Julivas).
It indeed has been a long time.
She is doing very well.
How's the family?
Hope you are doing well also.

Happy to hear this. God be praised. My regards to her. Thanks bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Luke 6 Living Bible (TLB)
1 One Sabbath as Jesus and his disciples were walking through some grainfields, they were breaking off the heads of wheat, rubbing off the husks in their hands and eating the grains.

2 But some Pharisees said, “That’s illegal! Your disciples are harvesting grain, and it’s against the Jewish law to work on the Sabbath.”

3 Jesus replied, “Don’t you read the Scriptures? Haven’t you ever read what King David did when he and his men were hungry? 4 He went into the Temple and took the shewbread, the special bread that was placed before the Lord, and ate it—illegal as this was—and shared it with others.” 5 And Jesus added, “I am[a] master even of the Sabbath.”

6 On another Sabbath he was in the synagogue teaching, and a man was present whose right hand was deformed. 7 The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees watched closely to see whether he would heal the man that day, since it was the Sabbath. For they were eager to find some charge to bring against him.

8 How well he knew their thoughts! But he said to the man with the deformed hand, “Come and stand here where everyone can see.” So he did.

9 Then Jesus said to the Pharisees and teachers of the Law, “I have a question for you. Is it right to do good on the Sabbath day, or to do harm? To save life, or to destroy it?”

10 He looked around at them one by one and then said to the man, “Reach out your hand.” And as he did, it became completely normal again. 11 At this, the enemies of Jesus were wild with rage and began to plot his murder.

12 One day soon afterwards he went out into the mountains to pray, and prayed all night. 13 At daybreak he called together his followers and chose twelve of them to be the inner circle of his disciples. (They were appointed as his “apostles,” or “missionaries.”) 14-16 Here are their names: Simon (he also called him Peter), Andrew (Simon’s brother), James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James (the son of Alphaeus), Simon (a member of the Zealots, a subversive political party), Judas (son of James), Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him).

17-18 When they came down the slopes of the mountain, they stood with Jesus on a large, level area, surrounded by many of his followers who, in turn, were surrounded by the crowds. For people from all over Judea and from Jerusalem and from as far north as the seacoasts of Tyre and Sidon had come to hear him or to be healed. And he cast out many demons. 19 Everyone was trying to touch him, for when they did, healing power went out from him and they were cured.

20 Then he turned to his disciples and said, “What happiness there is for you who are poor, for the Kingdom of God is yours! 21 What happiness there is for you who are now hungry, for you are going to be satisfied! What happiness there is for you who weep, for the time will come when you shall laugh with joy! 22 What happiness it is when others hate you and exclude you and insult you and smear your name because you are mine![b] 23 When that happens, rejoice! Yes, leap for joy! For you will have a great reward awaiting you in heaven. And you will be in good company—the ancient prophets were treated that way too!

24 “But, oh, the sorrows that await the rich. For they have their only happiness down here. 25 They are fat and prosperous now, but a time of awful hunger is before them. Their careless laughter now means sorrow then. 26 And what sadness is ahead for those praised by the crowds—for false prophets have always been praised.

27 “Listen, all of you. Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. 28 Pray for the happiness of those who curse you; implore God’s blessing on those who hurt you.

29 “If someone slaps you on one cheek, let him slap the other too! If someone demands your coat, give him your shirt besides. 30 Give what you have to anyone who asks you for it; and when things are taken away from you, don’t worry about getting them back. 31 Treat others as you want them to treat you.

32 “Do you think you deserve credit for merely loving those who love you? Even the godless do that! 33 And if you do good only to those who do you good—is that so wonderful? Even sinners do that much! 34 And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, what good is that? Even the most wicked will lend to their own kind for full return!

35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don’t be concerned about the fact that they won’t repay. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as sons of God: for he is kind to the unthankful and to those who are very wicked.

36 “Try to show as much compassion as your Father does.

37 “Never criticize or condemn—or it will all come back on you. Go easy on others; then they will do the same for you.[c] 38 For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give—large or small—will be used to measure what is given back to you.”

39 Here are some of the story-illustrations Jesus used in his sermons: “What good is it for one blind man to lead another? He will fall into a ditch and pull the other down with him. 40 How can a student know more than his teacher? But if he works hard, he may learn as much.

41 “And why quibble about the speck in someone else’s eye—his little fault[d]—when a board is in your own? 42 How can you think of saying to him, ‘Brother, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the board in yours? Hypocrite! First get rid of the board, and then perhaps you can see well enough to deal with his speck!

43 “A tree from good stock doesn’t produce scrub fruit nor do trees from poor stock produce choice fruit. 44 A tree is identified by the kind of fruit it produces. Figs never grow on thorns, or grapes on bramble bushes. 45 A good man produces good deeds from a good heart. And an evil man produces evil deeds from his hidden wickedness. Whatever is in the heart overflows into speech.

46 “So why do you call me ‘Lord’ when you won’t obey me? 47-48 But all those who come and listen and obey me are like a man who builds a house on a strong foundation laid upon the underlying rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it stands firm, for it is strongly built.

49 “But those who listen and don’t obey are like a man who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it crumbles into a heap of ruins.”
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 07, 2019
Arthur02:
Please I need an advice, and help!
In 2011, a Friend of mine introduced me to some set of websites, because he know much about internet and website.
Among the website he introduced me to are pornography sites.
Ever since i set my eye on them I have found it difficult to leave.
Each time i carry my phone to watch them, I feel depressed for the rest of the day...
This thing is ruining me, I need help and prayers, I have fasted and pray but to no avail.
I have even think of leaving my phone alone, I don't want to use phone any more, I bought a small phone but still yet is still disturbing me...
Please help me...........
I am terribly disappointed with the kind of advise we have given this poster.
What is wrong with us Christians ? Why are we doing this to ourselves ?

If someone is dealing with issues of sexuality the first thing you ask is the age ?
If this man is a youth, apparently he needs to get married.
The bible tells us that in order for a man not to burn in lust, it did not say pray or fast.
It says to get his own wife..

We like to over spiritualise everything which isnt so good.

@op please look for a good woman to marry then you wont burn in lust again

2ndly if there is any christian sister on this platform please let me know or reach out to me via pm, I am looking for female christian sisters as friends.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Increase Through Labour / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.