Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris (27058 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship / Shocker: GAY Mosque To Open In Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:
grin grin grin grin grin

Wassap Fellis?
Wasnt it about 3 weeks ago, you were complaining that atheists were suporting gays?

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

grin grin grin grin

Is this comment supposed to be an attack on Islam? I don't understand what you mean by where is my God. Homos are everywhere (unfortunately) and they can also be found among Muslims, I never disputed that. This doesn't mean that Islam supports homosexuality.

2 Likes

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
deols:

You claim to have read the Qur'an. what do you know of the position of Islam on gay marriages

I know the position and that is why it is funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by raynold17(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
sorry to all the Muslims about my comment,well I only said that in anger how Christians are ridiculed on Muslim pages. on Facebook. and I really hated it..
sorry
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
fellis:

Is this comment supposed to be an attack on Islam? I don't understand what you mean by where is my God. Homos are everywhere (unfortunately) and they can also be found among Muslims, I never disputed that. This doesn't mean that Islam supports homosexuality.

I know. I am not attacking Islam.

It is just funny to see how your bashing of atheists and gays came back to bite you in the yansh!

It is also funny to see how muslims are butthurt over this. No pun intended

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by lorddannie: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
raynold17 :
what. do u expect to happen when dem niggas look at each others as**s 5 times a day.
just imagine say na woman dey their front... # sweet temptation, sorry, i mean fighting temptation#
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by seunajia: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
Amazondepth: Hypocrisy is d one tin that ruins us all!wats d pretence on this thread about?are d muslims here unaware of wat goes on in d north?go to Kano and see dem everywhere.dey call dem Dan-daudu!homosexuality is very fully established in d muslim north and forget all this vitriolic comments,if u don't know say u don't but don't come here feigning surprise and blaming d west!make una go siddon abeg

You have shown little depth in your comment. So because homosexuality is practiced/established in the North makes it ok? Does it imply homosexuality is part of Islam? Are you in anyway saying the Northerners are quintessential muslims? Or is it the Arabs?

Get well soon!

2 Likes

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
Fkforyou: Hmm...funny how d media is manipulating people's feeble mind..it's simple logic,dey tried a film insulting prophet mohammed (s.a.w) it didn't work,now this one,well it's b'cos they knw people like all dis bigots are gullible b'cos they are blinded by their emotions(hate) and can't see any logic..and also there are some muslims who tend to overeact at any slight issue hence making their(the media) assertion seem true.The only gudnews is that with all this,people(with unbiased mind) are still findin out the beauty of islam,one more thing,this western media are hypocrites,Y didn't they report a 9-11 victim who just converted to islam some few days back...(pardon my error am typing from a phone)..
this has nothing to do with the west trying to excite muslims,its happening across every religion.

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Godjone(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
lols! E be lyk say virgins don dey scarce ooo. D tin na man to man now ooo. I said it b4 and gradualy, the truth about islam is revealing itself even wit d aid of muslims. The write up also explained how m.o.h.a.m.e.d maries a male lyk him. If islam alows gay mariage, why killing themseves 4 72virgins that is nt even realistic? Dis post is an eye-opener to those myopic m.us.li.m dat stil beliv in virgins. Already an altanative av bin created. If d 72 virgins elude u, men like u can always stand as a replacement - after all the writer says 'k.o.r.a.n alows gay marriage in i.s.l.a.m. May God save m.u.s.l.i.ms
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by wiegraf: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
fellis: Hmm. Just look at how our tolerant and loving Christian brothers are displaying their tolerance and love on this thread. undecided undecided undecided

You expect them to be tolerant of your intolerance?

Fkforyou:
Hmm...funny how d media is manipulating people's feeble mind..it's simple logic,dey tried a film insulting prophet mohammed (s.a.w) it didn't work,now this one,well it's b'cos they knw people like all dis bigots are gullible b'cos they are blinded by their emotions(hate) and can't see any logic..and also there are some muslims who tend to overeact at any slight issue hence making their(the media) assertion seem true.The only gudnews is that with all this,people(with unbiased mind) are still findin out the beauty of islam,one more thing,this western media are hypocrites,Y didn't they report a 9-11 victim who just converted to islam some few days back...(pardon my error am typing from a phone)..

Not sure what to make of this. I'm sure it's all one big giant conspiracy by FEAR to slander on the good name of islam. And the irony...

This link is relevant. It shows members of FEAR going about their daily business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dsagflAkJs&feature=relmfu

In other news, this zahed guy is being silly. He is clearly not wanted in islamic societies, so why does he persist in trying to fit in? He should discard the whole nonsense, it won't kill him. Must he be religious?
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:
It is just funny to see how your bashing of atheists and gays came back to bite you in the yansh!

It is also funny to see how muslims are butthurt over this. No pun intended

You find it funny seeing other people hurt? sad what type of sadist are you?

3 Likes

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Slyp: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
This gay issue is really getting out of hand
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by amosy007: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
fellis:

Where did I say that everyone leaving negative comments are Christians?
then u need to modify ur post
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
amosy007:
then u need to modify ur post
I don't need to modify anything. If you don't understand my post then jump am pass. It's not my fault that you don't understand English.

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Fkforyou(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
@cent,i know it happens in all religion,but perhaps you could explain Y all this bigot are so happy as if their (fake) prediction came true or they just won a lottery..!
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by dewize01(m): 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
If it s d wish of anyone to rubbish our deen, such will face disgrace in life of present and the hereafter..shikena!

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Geewan(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
raynold17 :
sorry to all the Muslims about my comment,well I only said that in anger how Christians are ridiculed on Muslim pages. on Facebook. and I really hated it..
sorry

What an excuse!

How are Christians ridiculed? For the little time I've been on this site, I've never seen a Muslim insult Jesus (PBUH) in whatever form but you and others hide behind your phone and do that thereby making you all agents of the devil.

And as for your apology, we Muslims can never be offended by it. Just pray for Allah's forgiveness.

My prayer for you is that one day soon Allah will open your eyes to see the TRUTH.

Waiting...

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Zet72(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
tongue No problem, it's 1 to 1 atlease no Muslim will say Christians allow gay marriage
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by hasyak(m): 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
The time of solon and gomorra has come. then, when we read of those time i thought it was not real, now its even worst.
the way the gay people are coming out boldly without any shame beats my reasoning, i might be shallow, but it does not make sense to me.

FYI, islam see gay as worst sin than even sleeping with your parent.

we know that we have gay muslims, but dont justify it with islam.

If Christianity accept gays as part of their religion, why most islam do? am saying this based on some comment i read here, as if having gays recognised in a religion makes is funky.

And if they are real, why have a place of worship that you dont want people to know it location? so they are just doing that for their kinds.

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by lorddannie: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
bntY: Eh!Gay mosque or wat did i see?.was sure someone is up to some game before i opened it. you can't even be gay and still claim to be a muslim.The zahed guy is more than deluded.He had better find a name for his new doctrine,even d pagans agree that is not islam.You can't pretend to purify urine,it will remain an impurity!.
but there are lots of gay-muslims in the north patronizing she-males(who are also muslims) for fun, others for ritual purposes. The she-males are called 'dan-daudu'. The 'dan-daudus' do everything like female; cosmetics, manicure and pedicure, hair style, lip stick, women moves, teasing, etc. while the act of gay 5ex is called ''loodoo''. I know they are anxiously waiting for jahed gay-mosque. #singing tease me tease me tease me babey by wizkid#
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by yahaya276: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
icez:

grin grin grin
religion of private jet..
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by jimino(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
Na wa o, i don laf tired. So some muslim don dey acept gays. Abi no more virgins 4 una again? E b lyk say does BH guys wer don bomb derselves don go finish all d virgins 4 ijana. BH guys 2 sharp.
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by hasyak(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
jimino: Na wa o, i don laf tired. So some muslim don dey acept gays. Abi no more virgins 4 una again? E b lyk say does BH guys wer don bomb derselves don go finish all d virgins 4 ijana. BH guys 2 sharp.
Do unto odas wat u want dem 2 do unto u
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Onyocha: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
Zet72: tongue No problem, it's 1 to 1 atlease no Muslim will say Christians allow gay marriage

I don't see this as any 1 to 1.

There is no Muslim religious establishment that have endorsed gay marriage,the way for instance the anglican church does.this muslim guy in france is a random case.his case has nothing to do with any religious establishment in Islam.there is no Sunni scholar or Shia authority that have authorized him or approved of his action.

Non-muslims,the christians and the irreligious are very silly people.when Muslims hang gays,they cry about freedom and human right abuse.when a random muslim says he's gay and condoning the act,they still insult Islam and call it evil! What do you want exactly? There is no justification for this gay guy to take such step.this is an assault on the religion itself.if he wants to do what the religion frowns upon,that is his business.but he has no right to make it look that his action have a place in the religion.tolerance is one thing,and over-stepping the limit is another case entirely.

2 Likes

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by ehispapa(m): 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
bntY: Eh!Gay mosque or wat did i see?.was sure someone is up to some game before i opened it. you can't even be gay and still claim to be a muslim.The zahed guy is more than deluded.He had better find a name for his new doctrine,even d pagans agree that is not islam.You can't pretend to purify urine,it will remain an impurity!.
Its is very wrong to call people with religion and belief pagan. its one mistake you guys always make.
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
Geewan:

What an excuse!

How are Christians ridiculed? For the little time I've been on this site, I've never seen a Muslim insult Jesus (PBUH) in whatever form but you and others hide behind your phone and do that thereby making you all agents of the devil.

And as for your apology, we Muslims can never be offended by it. Just pray for Allah's forgiveness.

My prayer for you is that one day soon Allah will open your eyes to see the TRUTH.

Waiting...

As you said, u've been on this site for a little time. Hang around and you'll see. Many Muslims here just love to insult the Bible and Christianity.

On topic, I just don't get these gays, especially people who call themselves Christians being openly gay when the scriptures clearly condemns it - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male pros.titu.tes nor hom.o.se.xual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.

If you don't want to follow the tenets of a religion, why not just opt out?

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Geewan(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
fellis: Hmm. Just look at how our tolerant and loving Christian brothers are displaying their tolerance and love on this thread. undecided undecided undecided

Did I hear you say tolerant? Christians are the most intolerant set of people; you can quote me anywhere. If you don't believe put on your cloth tomorrow morning and starting preaching the Quran inside a danfo.

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by abdulkayus(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
Zet72: tongue No problem, it's 1 to 1 atlease no Muslim will say Christians allow gay marriage

and who told u islam allow gay marriage? U will never where a reputable imam or genuine recognise islamic group or sect(sunni, shia) recognise gay marriage unlike catholic church in europr dat is ordainin gay priests and bishop, solemnisin gay marriage thereby givin its huge support. Even though am a muslims, i knw bible condemn gay marriage bt seem u ppl are unpertube (may be wrong for d spellin) abt it cos some brainwash fellas so call muslims are tryin to hav their gay mosque.
I wan to ask u, are u happy abt d gay issues in churches? Does Jesus Christ(A S) allow dat?
My guy, dont be happy abt d mosfortune of others cos it has happen in yr house b4.
CIAO
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by ehispapa(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
jude33084: Gay Mosque To Open In Paris, France, Address To Be Secret
28.11.2012, 15:13 Foreign

[Qquote]Ludovic Mohammed Zahed is braced for controversy, maybe even worse. A gay Muslim and an expert on the Koran, Zahed plans to open Europe's first gay-friendly mosque in Paris at the end of this month. He calls it a place of shelter as well as a place of worship.

"We need to have a safe space for people who do not feel comfortable and at ease in normal mosques," Zahed told ABC News. "There are transgender people who fear aggression, women who do not want to wear head scarf or sit in the back of the mosque. This project gives hope back to many believers in my community."

"Common prayer, practiced in an egalitarian setting and without any form of gender-based discrimination, is one of the pillars supporting the proposed reforms of our progressive representation of Islam," he said.

"The Unity" mosque will initially operate in a Buddhist temple in a neighborhood in eastern Paris, and will emphasize "accepting everyone as equally God's creation....I hope straight men will pray together with gay men and women, everyone," said Zahed who declines to make public the address of the venue, due to security concerns.

Zahed's mosque will honor some Islamic traditions, like Friday prayers (Jumu'ah), and the Muslim marriage contract (Nikah) to bless same-sex marriage. It will also perform funeral rites (Janazah) for those who have been denied a traditional Islamic funeral based on Sharia law because of their sexual orientation.

"It is a safe place to worship," said Zahed, where no religious questions will go unaddressed. "Our imams will talk on any taboo topic." Zahed will be one of three prayer leaders, along with a female French convert to Islam and another man who is being trained.

"Current Islamic ethics may condemn this sexual orientation," Zahed said, "but in fact nothing in Islam or the Koran forbids homosexuality. Indeed, for centuries, Muslims did not consider homosexuality to be the supreme abomination that they do today."

According to Zahed, renowned Muslim poets wrote odes glorifying handsome boys. Some were interpreted as metaphors for loving God, but some also seem to reference gay intimate relations. Zahed argues that homosexuality became criminalized only under European colonialism.

"From the 10th to the 14th century, Muslim society used to be a far richer mix of the legal, the rational and the mystic," said Zahed. "They looked at sexuality as one aspect of life's many possibilities, and they saw in it the hope for spiritual insight."

"Even if this mosque is newfound freedom," said Nasser, an openly-gay Parisian, "gays will remain in a closet, worried about being ostracized at their local schwarma stand."

While it would be the first gay mosque in Paris, there are believed to be 21 other gay mosques sprinkled through the U.S., Canada and South Africa. In countries where traditional Islam is dominant, like Egypt and Iran, punishment against homosexual activity, not to mention advocacy for gay rights, is very severe.

Zahed's Parisian mosque will be inspired by the work of Muslims for Progressive Values in North America, who practice common prayer, in an egalitarian setting and without any form of gender-based discrimination.

"We are already working very closely with them. The idea for our Paris mosque comes as a result of our conversations," says Zahed, whose future plans include "a progressive mosque in the UK and then another one in Denmark will follow."

Zahed believes, if the Prophet Mohamad was alive today, he would marry gay couples. He himself is the first gay man to marry partner in a Muslim ceremony in France. He is an Algerian PhD student writing his thesis on Islam and homosexuality, a subject he also addressed in a book "The Koran and the Flesh." He has experienced anti-gay discrimination from Islamic groups, and Islamophobia from members of the French gay community.

Meanwhile there is a lot of controversy in France regarding both same-sex marriages and Islamic influence and practices. Ten days ago, tens of thousands protesters took to the streets against government's plan to legalize same-sex marriage, while several weeks ago, right wing protesters stormed an unfinished mosque to show disapproval of France's large community of Muslim immigrants.

My opinion; stop accepting european to Islam before they will polute it like they are doing to christianity now.
i think we have more gays among muslims, i once stayed in Kano and Katsina and its a common practice there among the people(dan daudu), the only difference is they are fighting against it, while its encroaching into other religions( Christianity, Hinduism,buhdism,shinto, judaism,jainism and the rest)
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Onyocha:

I don't see this as any 1 to 1.

There is no Muslim religious establishment that have endorsed gay marriage,the way for instance the anglican church does.this muslim guy in france is a random case.his case has nothing to do with any religious establishment in Islam.there is no Sunni scholar or Shia authority that have authorized him or approved of his action.

Non-muslims,the christians and the irreligious are very silly people.when Muslims hang gays,they cry about freedom and human right abuse.when a random muslim says he's gay and condoning the act,they still insult Islam and call it evil! What do you want exactly? There is no justification for this gay guy to take such step.this is an assault on the religion itself.if he wants to do what the religion frowns upon,that is his business.but he has no right to make it look that his action have a place in the religion.tolerance is one thing,and over-stepping the limit is another case entirely.

Why should humans hang other humans over their sexual orientation? Are you God? Christians believe God will judge people in his due time. It's a bloodguilty and misguided human that will take it upon himself to kill another human over poor morals- it another way of saying your God is powerless.
Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Ezeufi: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2012
NessaFresh:
the boy is cute

Are you a catholic priest?

1 Like

Re: First Gay Mosque To Open In Paris by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
Geewan:

Did I hear you say tolerant? Christians are the most intolerant set of people; you can quote me anywhere. If you don't believe put on your cloth tomorrow morning and starting preaching the Quran inside a danfo.

For sure they won't kill the muslim preacher. They probably won't pay much attention to you though. In Muslim countries christians can't even preach freely- they might easily get killed over it. Even being in a christian church in the predominantly Muslim north is a sentence for possible violent death by bombing by Islamists.

Non-Muslim lands are the most tolerant places on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Any Near Death Experiences For Islam? / Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues / Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.