Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? (12743 Views)

When You Ask A China Lady Her Mobile Number And You Get These (PIC) / Why Single Girls Are Turning You Down When You Ask Them Out / When You Ask For A Hug From A Church Girl (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by trojanjeremy: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
I have always wanted to ask my GF for her genotype to know if we were compatible but each time I feel it's not the right time just yet.

I even once tried to lure her for a genotype test but it didn't work out eventually. I want to learn from your own experiences;

how did you ask for your lover's genotype?

1 Like

Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by luvmijeje(f): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
Op,u just ve to be blunt and upfront about it.You tell her your genotype then ask about her own genotype.
The best time to ask some1 about his or her genotype is d early stage of a relationship b4 u guyz start loving up esp if u re AS.

2 Likes

Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by trojanjeremy: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
We've been together for more than 1yr now and I feel its too late cos we are so much in love!
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
when you guys are still in friends level. Before the real romantic relationships. You know why...

1 Like

Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by xpensive05: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
maxwello.yg:
when you guys are still in friends level. Before the real romantic relationships. You know why...
WHY
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
Naira Land wat is dis? Am not used to complaining abt wat comes on the FP but thissssss *Smh* OP ask your parents or your pastor.

*out of here*
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Koolking(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
trojanjeremy: We've been together for more than 1yr now and I feel its too late cos we are so much in love!

More than a year and you still don't find it comfortable to find out your partner's genotype? You are kidding right?

luvmijeje said it all. The early stage of a relationship is the best time, unless you don't want a future with your partner and only partner for carnal benefit. Genotype probe is a life-long decision. The earlier the better bro
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by kaydibs(f): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Are u AS? If u are, u should quickly ask her before u two keep going in too deep and at d end it won't work esp if she turns out to be AS too. I don't even know "le lover's" own tho I'm not bothered cz I'm AA. Seriously tho, u shld ask her quickly esp if ur AS.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
I always ask on d second date. In ur case, ask d next time you see, you dont need to trick anyone into any test, just ASK.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
trojanjeremy: I have always wanted to ask my GF for her genotype to know if we were compatible but each time I feel it's not the right time just yet.

I even once tried to lure her for a genotype test but it didn't work out eventually. I want to learn from your own experiences;

how did you ask for your lover's genotype?

When you need to. Simple, just call her up today and tell her you were discusing this issue on a forum and just wanted to know her genotype and blood group for medical compactability reasons
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by greatgod2012(f): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
The day he proposed to me, because im AS
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by zinnygold(f): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
It shld hav bn asked immediately u pple started dating,bt u beta ask now dan never...it's neva late...BE HEALTH CONSCIOUS
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by touchmehard: 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
As soon as u make up ur mind to marry him/her.
You dont have to be scared about it, you may even wish to ask the question humorously/ jokingly.
Unless u guys are not planning towards marriage.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by omowolewa: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
Before toasting stage sorry wooing stage.

You see, I didn't want break another heart, its not my habit. But its good to ask at friendship stage,before you guy fall madly in love (that if the love is not at 1st sight)
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by kenkruse: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
What have you been discussing in your relationship....?
Also ask about her HIV status. The earlier the better.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
greatgod2012: The day he proposed to me, because im AS
Am AA...Wil u marry me?? Am very rich to take care of u...
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Bisjosh(f): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
Late and I regret it. Once bitten, twice shy embarassed
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Zeebah23(f): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
I don't ask. *AA tins* buh my bf askd me b4 we startd anytin serious-my blood group & HIV status inclusive.
@Op,u don't nid 2 lure any1 u r datin in2 telln u her genotype. Just ask, (Faustina,wot's ur genotype?) so simple! While asking & answering aint no big deal, d implicatns if u ain't compatible is.
§§§§§-80% of pple hesitate to tell u coz dey do not know.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by abike12(f): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
he's not my lover but I had a guy ask me on the first date! I was like ummm well that's awkward... but I guess he has to be upfront about it because he's AS
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by greatgod2012(f): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
flinspiero: Am AA...Wil u marry me?? Am very rich to take care of u...

im married and im enjoying every aspect of my marriage, more than d totality of anything u have to offer. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
That's the first thing i always ask of whenever am going into a new relationship.knowing fully well that i am AS,i wouldn't want to waste any body's time and nobody should waste mine.i have always tried as much as i can to date some one i can marry in case of eventualities.just take the bull by the horn and ask her,there is nothing wrong in doing that.buh if you are AA then relax and do that at your convenient time.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by salolo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Toktee(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
The right time to do that is on ur wedding day.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Teejayphillip(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mine is alwayz askin me evry now n den... We've gone 2 d lab 2 knw our blood group n genotype...

Yet,she still ask... Sumtimes it gets me pissed off,bur LOVE covers all
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by henrychubayo: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
If you are AA, there is no need to ask him/her. Mine was AA. But before i know these, i ask my wife to be on the phone to tell me but she simply said that such things are not said on the phone. I don't know why she said so but she later revealed it to me. She knew however that i wanted to marry her for real. If not, i wonder if she will tell me easily like that.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by olsmade(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
first date
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by annastacie: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
i never thought about these all these while, but i will go and see him for the test cos we are both engage
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Daresh(f): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
I started singing for my husband when he told me his sister was SS. I had to announce I was AA and we had just started dating.
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
flinspiero: Am AA...Wil u marry me?? Am very rich to take care of u...
abeg wch kain person b dis, she said d day "he proposed to me", ain't suppose to kno she's married,tho she didnt say so.
btw dis ur bragging abt ur financial status can only attract gold diggers to u,neva a real wife material... IMO
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
Before I agreed to his asking me out
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by bbpin(f): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
Its good τ̅☺ find out before things really get serious.I am not talking about just asking each other.pls go for d test.I had always taught I was AA not until after ♍Ɣ introduction did I find out I was AC.I had had course τ̅☺ run the test previously and it was all AA.♍Ɣ saving grace was that he was AA so pls the earlier the better for both parties
Re: When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? by Akan(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
forget about sentiments and ask her, especially if u are thinking of upgrading her from a f.u;c.k buddy to a potential life partner

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" / What Matters Most To you In A Relationship? / Why Are Girls Scared Of Handsome Dudes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.