Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day (11052 Views)

This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / (polygamy) Can A Man Wear More Than One Wedding Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by ayo111uk(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2012
You guys are jokers on this forum, l can't stop laughing. G-String, shimmy ... l guess the poster got the point now if he doesn't want to explain why he look like someone that is not well.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2012
You only need to complement your bride's outfit. If she's wearing traditional outfit, you do same.If it's formal western,u do same and if it's a funky casual affair, u should complement that as well. It isn't about what you have on but about you two.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by bory09(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2012
I don't know for them o....?. This is to show how people hate our culture. They discard our culture and embrace another peoples culture that is why mass divorce is now the order of the day, contract marriage and so on. Lets go back to our formal let the yoruba wear aso-oke with dansiki style and the igbo wrapper and blouse and so the hausa. This will make marriage lovely and balance.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by greatgod2012(f): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Its not compulsory but necessary
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by lolaluv1(f): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2012
Op,
You can wear Mr Biggs red and yellow uniform.

@Francheezy
Bros, you make sense die!

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by SirECO(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2012
You can even go naked if the church will accept that.

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Toktee(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2012
berem: you go fear question! abeg if e reach your turn make you no wear suit you hear? you can come and borrow my night wear.Nonsense! angry angry
Why not borrow him your pant if you have one.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by kingdomwhale: 11:40am On Dec 01, 2012
English wedding=YES
Traditional wedding = No

Shikena
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2012
Tariqh: Tho some homeless pple are still wearing 1 wretched and torn clothes n yll talkin 'bot weddinG dress............You neeD jesus
Even d homeless dream of being in suit on their wedding day.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 01, 2012
A monkey jacket can do,4 dos dat arent suit freaks
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by shevon: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2012
I didn't wear a suit or tie on my own day. I was on white shirt and trouser and we still did what we had to. FIY, I didn't wed anywhere but in Lagos Nigeria. It's all a thing of choice.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
u fit wear school uniform,khaki short,socks nd sandals or rainboot
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by koolg: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
edlion57: Is it a must dat we hv to wear suit dat day

You can wear babariga
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by ujukala: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
Since you are copying the whiteman's wedding, you will copy it to the end. You must wear a suit. Lol
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by deepwaters(f): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
I've also been wondering of recent if we really have to dress that way- oyinbo styled suit and wedding gown- for church weddings. I can manage the suit, but the wedding gowns usually come across as so fake and unreal, much like a huge uncomfortable billowy, soon-to-be-useless costume. As for me, I would love to wear Nigerian style skirt and blouse/gown with cute gele for my church wedding. Oh, and I won't be carrying any flowers too! I'll be much more comfortable...
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
Do you have another attire in mind?
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Cherish100(f): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
If I may ask why even do a wedding? People will do a traditional marriage and days or weeks later, a 'white' wedding. Are you white?! That simply means the traditional marriage is not accorded the respect it should because you are not convinced that you are a couple. Since you want to do a white wedding, you'd best follow the whites to the latter. Wear a suit!

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by deepwaters(f): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
Cherish100: If I may ask why even do a wedding? People will do a traditional marriage and days or weeks later, a 'white' wedding. Are you white?! That simply means the traditional marriage is not accorded the respect it should because you are not convinced that you are a couple. Since you want to do a white wedding, you'd best follow the whites to the latter. Wear a suit!

I feel you. What's wrong with having just the 'traditional' wedding? Afterall, a pastor can always preach, pray and bless the wedding in a traditional setup, not necessarily going for the whole white wedding jamboree. And if you really want to do it in a church setting, you can still wear traditional attires and ditch all those foreign borrowed stuff we may not even understand (like why do the brides hold flowers??). Abi is wearing traditional in church a sin now??
That's why I just love Northern weddings at times
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Bright2(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
In my church,Christ Reform Baptist Church Port harcourt you are free to put good cloths other than suit,it's allowed! Also in Jesus Christ cHurch of Later day saint,you can put on what you like on your wedding day for no bigmanism or eye service there.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Jyde89: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
I've said it and i'll say it again, i'll wear agbada and my wife will wear iro and buba on that day, so long as it isn'nt constitutional to wear suth and white gaun.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Yinka1808: 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
U can wear anything modest, nt necessarily suit.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by zumbigbo(m): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
Better off wearing prison suit - confirmed hard labour with no parole smiley
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
Juggers
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by bknight: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
If I catch myself with a suit on my wedding day...I'm going to be creative abt it, but definitely african
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Mathewjoseph: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2012
You can wear monkey jacket and pant.so dat d congregation go c ur black nd shapeless nyash.
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by IYANGBALI: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
Abeg look for MAN U jersey wear jo
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by Kachi188(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
bory09: I don't know for them o....?. This is to show how people hate our culture. They discard our culture and embrace another peoples culture that is why mass divorce is now the order of the day, contract marriage and so on. Lets go back to our formal let the yoruba wear aso-oke with dansiki style and the igbo wrapper and blouse and so the hausa. This will make marriage lovely and balance.
So in ur opinion, wearing traditional dresses 4 wedding is the solution to mass divorce??
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by ayobase(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
k2039: No,it's not a must,he can infact wear jinx,it's your choice and infact you can walk nude on the aisle,it's still the groom's choice

U no well walahi!
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by trolling(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
well in the ancient days our men didnt wear suit, live white man with hin culture
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by ayobase(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2012
etudaddy: Wear only ur wife's G-string and bra.

LOL....u dey madt walahi fa!
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by ayobase(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
berem: you go fear question! abeg if e reach your turn make you no wear suit you hear? you can come and borrow my night wear.Nonsense! angry angry

U ehn...where u dey all these whiles!
Re: Must A Man Wear Suit On His Wedding Day by rezzy: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
iamswizz: The best thing to do is TIE WRAPPER
Like typical lazy isoko and urhobo men

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Locate My Brother's SON. / The Mortal Body: Story Of My Child And Grand Mum / Nigeria Women Vs African American Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.