Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,305 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (16633 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade & Toyin Fajusigbe Traditional Wedding Photos / Faith Seminar With Pastor Poju Oyemade / Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Dozieson(m): 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
i dont think its the single thing. i was an usher in winners chapel benin city and we dont allow women on front rows.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
By the way does that mean divorced women won't even be allowed in? Or they will seat at the gate? undecided
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by chikeorji123(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
May be the usher might acted on some reasons which we don't know since none of us are there,l assume the princess may dress akwardly or singles are not allowed at front seats that's serious situation on those who are single been rejected at certain place at church,different churches different protocals..
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ypzilanti: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
tatiana009:

That makes no sense and she did the right thing by speaking up and getting the Pastor to apologise. Do you know how many other single women may have been offended and simply decided not to attend again. That means that policy is discouraging people from the house of God.
If its about dressing then it has nothing to do with single or married as many married woman wear even worse clothes so then it shouldn't be a general rule against all singles.

At least the Pastor recognised that the Church was wrong and apologised now they too should go and sin no more.

You are right.

I'm on-line to defend my church today. grin

Thank God i'm not defending purchase of private jet, or assault, or GEJ and Uduaghan endorsement, or bring N100,000 naira for N1,000,000 abracadabra.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ypzilanti: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Dozieson: i dont think its the single thing. i was an usher in winners chapel benin city and we dont allow women on front rows.

There is obviously no policy excluding single women from the front row at C3. The Usher erred and the pastor apologized. Maybe the Usher previously worshiped at Winners?
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by chikeorji123(m): 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
ypzilanti: That's my church oh! I say make I see wetin my Pastor don do grin.

Anyways, I love the message in my church, the way the pastor represents the Bible messages, and the fact that the church always has one social project or the other that they pursue.

Also there is no emphasis on money for blessing messages. The pastor encourages hard work and prayer.

He also has no airs about him and is very simple. Only God knows who his real servants are, but from man's eye (which is all I have) I feel my pastor is gifted, and my very little church contribution is utilized properly.

were is this church located pls?.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ikorodu town opposite egbin
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by TableLeg(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
Dozieson: i dont think its the single thing. i was an usher in winners chapel benin city and we dont allow women on front rows.
Why?
Gender discrimination?
What makes a woman unworthy of the front row in the church?!

2 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by chikeorji123(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
ypzilanti:

There is obviously no policy excluding single women from the front row at C3. The Usher erred and the pastor apologized. Maybe the Usher previously worshiped at Winners?

haha! grin[quote author=ypzilanti]
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by letitbso: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
al dis celebrity wit deir wahala.na wetin make she want sit down for front seat for or na b\c she da pay for tithes. after she na knw d rules of d church. wahala dey.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ypzilanti: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
chikeorji123:

were is this church located pls?.

400 Herbert Macaulay way at Yaba, also at Lagoon restaurant at Ozumba Mbadiwe.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by princemedico: 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2012
Techwriter: The only lesson in this post 4 some people is that the feminine of comedian is comedienne, the others are stories that has no foundation
Aha, you read my mind. Apart from that the rest na 'tales by moonlight'.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by skyfall: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Na wa for these Nigerian churches o. They'll collect your money, still tell you where you can't sit. Am i in primary school?
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2012

My Religion viewers:
Before y'all leave. I'll like to announce that Miss Nairaland Dec. 2012 is taking place by 10pm today in the Romance section!(Nigerian time)

Vote for [size=16pt]abiL and ItsModella.[/size] There will be a brief introduction and pictures of these two candidates on the thread.
Do you want to hear their platform?? contact me @ campaignmanager.com.

MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT, VOTE abiL or ItsModella!!! Thanks for your support!

Please don't quote this comment, u can address my ID-Shollypopz smiley

Sneak Peek wink https://www.nairaland.com/abil
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Maxymilliano(m): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
homesteady: ahh!! If i was princess...i'll drag d usher to d alter nd he must marry me...even if dere is no ring...he must marry me....SMH
You sure got me cracking with this..
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ushers!!! I think they do more police duty than worship!!
And I am reminded of my mother's run in with one years back....

This retired lady was on the Communion line, when a younger-by-at-least-10 years lady usher tried to remove her from the queue by nudging her, with, "remove that thing on your lips"
That thing being lipstick, the way a respectable good lady of at least 58 would wear it

I don't know what I would have done, but my mom calmly told her, "now will you get out of my face' and went on to receive Communion
Why people get kicks from trying to bring people down, beats me always

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by mitchyy(f): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
Wait a minute, is there supposed to be reserved seats in the House of God? Whatever went on between Princess and the Usher, I totally detest the idea of seating arrangements. That's why I love Jehovah's witnesses. Anyone can sit anywhere, whether ure old or young. SMH!
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by mitchyy(f): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
Table Leg :

Why?
Gender discrimination?
What makes a woman unworthy of the front row in the church?!

Please ask them
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by salolo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
I love the pastor for the spirit of humility to apologize. it shows that we still have pastor that humble enough to say sorry, not the one that will treat you badly in the name of God in the name of deliverance just because they are rich.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ypzilanti: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
milychocs: Ushers!!! I think they do more police duty than worship!!
And I am reminded of my mother's run in with one years back....

This retired lady was on the Communion line, when a younger-by-at-least-10 years lady usher tried to remove her from the queue by nudging her, with, "remove that thing on your lips"
That thing being lipstick, the way a respectable good lady of at least 58 would wear it

I don't know what I would have done, but my mom calmly told her, "now will you get out of my face' and went on to receive Communion
Why people get kicks from trying to bring people down, beats me always

My broda power intoxicates,oh. It's everywhere in Nigeria. Every office or even security post has a peacock that thinks he/she rules the world.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by aurenflani: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
If she was an American based comedienne, the usher would have invited her to sit in the first row preserved for VIPs. Naija comedians reary see DOLLARS.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by donilalasky: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
marshpearl: Something similar happened to me sometime ago. . .i went to a church @ bodija and an usher walked up to me and said "BROTHER IN THE LORD,THIS SPACE IS FOR SALE IF U DON'T MIND U CAN GO TO THE FRONTPAGE WHERE ANYTHING GOES" sad sad
Arrant Nonsense!
Not funny!
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by acidtalk: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2012
If ACIDTALK talks again, the SHEEPS will start crying and knocking their heads on their phones and laptops.

Pot saying kettle shouldn't sit in front row because she is single whereas he is damn single at his Old Papa youngy age.

Okay now Oyemade, I declare you princess's husband so you may kiss the bride.

The only reason why the glutton apologized was because his accountant made him aware of the huge loss in Offerings and Tithe he will miss if he kept quiet.

By the way, Jesus NEVER married. He died single so definitely not everyone is destined to marry neither is being single a crime nor a sin.

Criminals who act and speak out of bible context.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by maygah(f): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Dis usher guy helped me changed my money @ d GTmobile spot , wen I was trying to desposit some money via d machine & d machine kept rejecting 6 notes outa d money I was to pay in. How come d guy come treat princess like dat naw. undecided princess am sowi on his behalf
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
I will ever remained Atheist for life!
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by temidre1: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
U are surely out of point
ochallo: why would you go to church on sunday and then spend the rest of the day and the new week complaining about what an usher did to you after harassing them at the car park after service and then going on twitter during the week, what level of both physical and spritiual immaturity is that? , she obviously was not blessed in the service. I bet she can't even remember a single thing in the sermon.

Every church has protocols and in my family church, the front seats are occupied by workers, (interpreters, praise and worship band, senior women choir and first timers, some other churches have the same protocol, when you are in church you leave your stuborness and ego behind and do what you are there for and live.

If you were married, maybe you would have had something better to do, like attending to your husband.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by KINGwax(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva: Upon hearing things like this, some people might even think Christianity started in Nigeria.
greatgod2012: To d usher.....is it a crime to be single?

To d Princess..............is it by force to sit in d front?
pls listen up, the reason why most churches don't allow single ladies in the front is as a result of the foolish way most of them dresses, sit with openin legs and in all manners seducing the pastor who himself is human and is capable of falling. At least, history proves dt.
So, don't sit at the front, it's the church's rule, who the fucck are u then?
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by garrigangster: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
acidtalk: If ACIDTALK talks again, the SHEEPS will start crying and knocking their heads on their phones and laptops.

Pot saying kettle shouldn't sit in front row because she is single whereas he is damn single at his Old Papa youngy age.

Okay now Oyemade, I declare you princess's husband so you may kiss the bride.

The only reason why the glutton apologized was because his accountant made him aware of the huge loss in Offerings and Tithe he will miss if he kept quiet.

Criminals who act and speak out of bible context.
Appalling attempt at humour

2 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
KINGwax: pls listen up, the reason why most churches don't allow single ladies in the front is as a result of the foolish way most of them dresses, sit with openin legs and in all manners seducing the pastor who himself is human and is capable of falling. At least, history proves dt.
So, don't sit at the front, it's the church's rule, who the fucck are u then?
Many young Christians are gradually becoming hooligans by their words!

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by temidre1: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
Princess?don't u have your own permanent church? Were u invited? Do read ur bible all d time? Read proverbs and u will see where it says u must not run to d front seat at any gathering. Cos if u are strongly involve wth a permanent church,u will sureLy not have time going to a church u no nothing about its rule.sowie sha.@ d church,NAH BIG WAH for u ooooo!
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by victorD3: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2012

I heard single women wink at pastors that's why ushers keep them off
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by KINGwax(m): 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
all4naija: Many young Christians are gradually becoming hooligans by their words!
and what does christian means to you? A holy guy or jes a follower of christ. Even judas was a christian. So, christianity is different from holiness. I'm christian, so fuckin what? I repeat, so fuckknock what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Celebrates Birthday By Donating N23m To 115 Widows / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.