Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5740296 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2018
Yuneehk:

Looks fine yet the the shells came off with parts of the egg. I've seen better eggs that when the shells are off, it looks really smooth on the outside.
OK...Next time, what you do is when you take it out of the cooking water, you put it right away in a bowl of cold water for some minutes...it comes out smooth when you peel afterwards smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
nellyquash:

Nice meal you got.

When preparing your cooked egg next time, boil the egg for about 5mins depending on how hard you want it, then remove and put in a cold water for like 5/8mins before peeling the shell.
Mariangeles:
OK...Next time, what you do is when you take it out of the cooking water, you put it right away in a bowl of cold water for some minutes...it comes out smooth when you peel afterwards smiley
I thank you both kiss I'll try it next time, and give you the feedback

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lolipopandy(f): 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Chigirl042:
Happy birthday pretty! !
thanks dear ,appreciate kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mariangeles:
does not always work. Eggs are best for boiling when they are at least 2 days old. Fresh eggs always stick to the shells
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.popsugar.com/food/Why-Fresh-Eggs-Difficult-Peel-When-Hard-Boiled-7429332&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiby4D55fvdAhVESxoKHZx6C30QFggTMAI&usg=AOvVaw3mGTHr3otXlc5Vuw0O1sWN

Had to add the link cos i know many wld findthis hard to believe
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
lolipopandy:
thanks dear ,appreciate kiss
happy birthday dear. You' beautiful
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
HardMirror:
does not always work. Eggs are best for boiling when they are at least 2 days old. Fresh eggs always stick to the shells
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.popsugar.com/food/Why-Fresh-Eggs-Difficult-Peel-When-Hard-Boiled-7429332&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiby4D55fvdAhVESxoKHZx6C30QFggTMAI&usg=AOvVaw3mGTHr3otXlc5Vuw0O1sWN

Had to add the link cos i know many wld findthis hard to believe
It works for me all the time... and besides, it's not common to have less than 2 days old egg, unless you have a poultry farm .

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lolipopandy(f): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
HardMirror:
happy birthday dear. You' beautiful
thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
lolipopandy:
thank you
Happy birthday lollipops ! kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by barag(f): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
Yuneehk:

Looks fine yet the the shells came off with parts of the egg. I've seen better eggs that when the shells are off, it looks really smooth on the outside.
after boiling the eggs, leave it in the hot water for a while, the heat would cook it further, then put it in cold water. The shell would come off more easily
Oh I see you've been already answered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 2pretty4u(f): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lunch. Amala, stew and okro.

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lolipopandy(f): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mariangeles:
Happy birthday lollipops ! kiss
thanks Mariangeles kiss,awwwn thanks for the love fam

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
lolipopandy:
thanks Mariangeles kiss,awwwn thanks for the love fam
Happy birthday lady.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hello guys. Thanks for the welcome thoughts.

I tried this recipe I learned in cote D'Ivoire (ivory coast). I went there many years ago for business but it failed sad.

I did learn something though and it is this sauce d'arachide. You do it with tomato and groundnuts. Is there a Nigerian equivalent?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lolipopandy(f): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
LoJ:

Happy birthday lady.
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by wowfairy(f): 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
Portion control,trying to lose a few pounds
HardMirror:
I love waakye. Good knowing how it is spelt. This portion seems small.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by wowfairy(f): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
Yes its different sorghum leaves are added to give it the dark color also there's a special sauce called shit or added. I will try to make a detailed recipe
annc:
Looks like what I would love to try.
Does the preparation method differ from ours?
Mind sharing the recipe please?

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by wowfairy(f): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
Leaves were unavailable I love it with or without leaves the only thing I missed is salad to accompany it
kushercain:

Why didn't you eat it from the leaves. It just tastes better that way
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by shyshally(f): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
African salad. Lettuce, grounded kulikuli, diced tomatoes and onions. Little Salt and Maggi for taste.
It was delicious cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LotusFan: 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
LoJ:

I tried this recipe I learned in cote D'Ivoire (ivory coast). I went there many years ago for business but it failed sad.

I did learn something though and it is this sauce d'arachide. You do it with tomato and groundnuts. Is there a Nigerian equivalent?

Well done Loj! Yes, there is a Nigerian equivalent, it’s popular with the igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
wowfairy:
Portion control,trying to lose a few pounds
are you Ghanian?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2018
LoJ:

Oga, you don turn chef finish o! Chai!!! Na to open restaurant remain. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MoyosBlog123: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
Made Ogbono for dinner when hunger hold me.

Went down with Fufu and plenty water.

smiley wink

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by soberdrunk(m): 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
What is happening here, nobody makes EGUSI soup anymore!!! angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 11:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
soberdrunk:
What is happening here, nobody makes EGUSI soup anymore!!! angry
we are reserving the honours for you sir.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 11, 2018
So sad how this thread became less welcoming and dry when the real fellows left due to the ridiculous attitude of some individuals on this thread.
Hope you guys are happy now.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DeadFool(m): 5:08am On Oct 11, 2018
Is this food meant for a goat or human being? angry
shyshally:
African salad. Lettuce, grounded kulikuli, diced tomatoes and onions. Little Salt and Maggi for taste.
It was delicious cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DeadFool(m): 5:10am On Oct 11, 2018
Elder that does not respect himself, is that one an elder?
Elder0001:
So sad how this thread became less welcoming and dry when the real fellows left due to the ridiculous attitude of some individuals on this thread.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 11, 2018
LotusFan:

Well done Loj! Yes, there is a Nigerian equivalent, it’s popular with the igbos.
Oh okay. And how do they call it over there? Thanks for the compliment smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 11, 2018
MoyosBlog123:
Made Ogbono for dinner when hunger hold me.

Went down with Fufu and plenty water.

smiley wink
I don't know what this is but it looks like something I would like to try.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2018
Elder0001:

stop trying to stir up strife when there is none.

post a picture of your food or be a quiet observer.

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2018
Teespice:

stop trying to stir up strife when there is none.

post a picture of your food or be a quiet observer.

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2018
shyshally:
It was delicious cheesy
Do you stay in d middle belt or north?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.