Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5760823 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Geminita: 11:43pm On Feb 24, 2019
sconp:

You're a big girl o, fried rice with meat and plantain for a student shocked.

you can imagine how many people that contributed money for it... Lmao
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 5:00am On Feb 25, 2019
Bomgirl:
Come chop o
Thanks for the inspiration.. I’m sick of every food. Just made it now

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ClumsyFlimsy: 5:06am On Feb 25, 2019
Ewuro4:

Thanks for the inspiration.. I’m sick of every food. Just made it now
Shey you stay in lag; because i realise say na this lag ppl dey sabi start their day by 3am, i really pity most lagosians cheesy. How person go prepare breakfast by 5am, infact probably around 4am maybe self

Nawa o. Unless maybe you dey outside naija sha

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 5:10am On Feb 25, 2019
ClumsyFlimsy:

Shey you stay in lag; because i realise say na this lag ppl dey sabi start their day by 3am, i really pity most lagosians cheesy. How person go prepare breakfast by 5am, infact probably around 4am maybe self

Nawa o. Unless maybe you dey outside naija sha

I dey north amelika oo grin no lag , besides who in the world eats fried yam & dodo for b/f?

It’s supper!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 10:21am On Feb 25, 2019
anonymuz:
which kind wahala be this, I just dey spit anyhow. Punishment of the highest order grin

Hahahaha,sorry bro's I don't mean to offend you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 10:22am On Feb 25, 2019
Ewuro4:

I dey north amelika oo grin no lag , besides who in the world eats fried yam & dodo for b/f?

It’s supper!

Some people do for strategic reasons. The resultant mess will be used as sarine gas and atomic bomb to attack anybody wey wan fight u for dream na grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2019
Estellie:
...Yum yum....

Pls share the recipe for this your beans... I know it's crazy that I'm asking for that 'cause I can actually cook beans with my eyes closed, buh I've this huge cooking to do tomorrow and I'm all nervous. I need to make the perfect beans and jollof rice(I cannot go and fuvk up there o) lolzxx... I've called my mum like 10times today asking silly questions..

My dear, pls share some of your beans secrets jor..

just the normal way of cooking beans.cook the beans with salt and some onions till very soft.slice your onions, tomatoes and pepper and fry for some minutes before you add the cooked beans and fry too.after which you can add little water to the fried beans.allow the pot to sit on low heat for some minutes and bring down.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2019
Mariangeles:
Looks inviting ...

Thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ignant: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2019
Is it just me or does Odeguaomon's food always seem oily or is it her camera? I can scroll through all the pictures of meals uploaded here without looking at the monikers and I can easily tell which is hers.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HappyPagan: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2019
Executive breakfast... don't judge me.

Fried potatoes (irish, why are they called irish btw?), peppered gizzards, and chicken. grin

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by PrincewithGod(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2019
odeguaomon:
Dinner, spaghetti with meat ball.
For one person?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2019
PrincewithGod:
For one person?

Nooooo, for 3 people
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by PrincewithGod(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
odeguaomon:

Nooooo, for 3 people
I for shout o! Enjoy! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by harley88(m): 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
White Rice with Catfish Pepppersoup and a Can of Cold Beer. First time preparing Pepppersoup though........ came out superb

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
Amala and chunky egusi with goat and dried catfish. Not the smoothest combo but that was what hubby wanted. So I made it for him.

Was very tasty. I know because I tried it too.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
Post yours
ignant:
Is it just me or does Odeguaomon's food always seem oily or is it her camera? I can scroll through all the pictures of meals uploaded here without looking at the monikers and I can easily tell which is hers.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bomgirl(f): 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2019
Okay, for real. Who get eba? grin grin

30 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Richhard(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
Bomgirl:
Okay, for real. Who get eba? grin grin

Forget eba, I'm pounding yam, wait.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ignant: 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
cococandy:
Post yours
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. It was my observation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Estellie: 1:42am On Feb 26, 2019
ignant:

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. It was my observation.
Yeah, I get what you're trying to say. I think it's her camera though.. just look at the spoons, they look greasy. so I think its the camera.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Estellie: 1:46am On Feb 26, 2019
. grin..

Rice, beans and chicken stew.
After tasting the stew, I asked myself 'Stella, did you prepare that??' Damn!!! stew was too dope..gringrin..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 5:53am On Feb 26, 2019
cococandy:
Post yours

Just ignore him,there are some people you don't need to reply.

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ignant: 6:53am On Feb 26, 2019
Estellie:
Yeah, I get what you're trying to say. I think it's her camera though.. just look at the spoons, they look greasy. so I think its the camera.

That's what I have observed too, and I pointed out without malice, but someone took it some type of way.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paparazzhi(f): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
cold cry

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Reeberry: 1:51am On Feb 27, 2019
desire222:
That incident happened about five years ago, and it created a big uproar on this food section, making the lady to deactivate her account. Please let's not revisit that incident, it is now a bygone issue. Thanks
It isn't up to 5 years ago oooo. It about 4years.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by desire222(f): 5:56am On Feb 27, 2019
Reeberry:
It isn't up to 5 years ago oooo. It about 4years.
Yeah, and you are just waking up from sleep now ?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aliyahsrecipes(f): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Simple breakfast idea to fuel your morning. Egg salad sandwiches...oh la la delicious!
Have a nice ya!

https://aliyahsrecipesandtips.com/egg-salad-recipe/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2019
Aliyahsrecipes:
Simple breakfast idea to fuel your morning. Egg salad sandwiches...oh la la delicious!
Have a nice ya!

https://aliyahsrecipesandtips.com/egg-salad-recipe/

Did you sprinkle cinnamon on the toast before toasting or after. Looks yummicious
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Reeberry: 8:51am On Feb 27, 2019
desire222:
Yeah, and you are just waking up from sleep now ?
Where did you sleep?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by harley88(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
Morning house.....Pls I need the recipe for Ogbono soup and Okra soup. Kindly help me out
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spadar4u(m): 10:45am On Feb 27, 2019
Ingredients for Ogbono Soup
Assorted Meat and Fish: Beef, Shaki (cow tripe), Dry Fish, Stockfish
2 handfuls Ogbono Seeds
3 cooking spoons red palm oil
Vegetable: Frozen Spinach (you can also use Pumpkin leaves or even Bitterleaf)
2 tablespoons ground crayfish
Pepper and Salt (To taste)
1 onion
2 stock/seasoning/boullion cubes
A spice/coffer grinder: Buy it in USA | in UK

Before you cook Ogbono Soup
Grind the Ogbono with a dry mill.
Cut the frozen spinach when it is not completely defrosted. It is easier that way. Then when completely defrosted, squeeze out the excess water.
Cook the assorted meat with the stock cubes and onion. If you will use Shaki, remember to start cooking that first, then add beef when almost done.
Grind crayfish and pepper.
Boil some water and set aside.
Cooking Directions for Ogbono Soup
Pour the palm oil into a clean dry stainless steel or aluminium pot. Set on the stove and melt the oil at low heat. Remember, only melt the oil, do not allow it to heat up.
Once melted, turn off the heat and add the ground Ogbono.
Use your cooking spoon to dissolve the Ogbono in the oil.
When all the Ogbono powder has completely mixed with the oil, add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the assorted meat and fish). Set the heat of your cooker to low and start stirring. You will notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw.
Keep stirring till the Ogbono has completely absorbed the meat stock.
Add a small quantity of the hot water and stir till the Ogbono has absorbed all the water. Repeat this process till you get a consistency that is shown in the video below.
Making sure that your heat is set to low, cover the pot and start cooking. Once it starts to simmer, stir every 2-3 minutes for 20 minutes.
So what you'll do is: every 3 minutes or so, open the pot, stir every well, scraping the Ogbono that sticks to the base of the pot, cover the pot and cook for another 3 minutes.
After 20 minutes, the Ogbono should be well cooked and you will begin to perceive its nice flavour and aroma.
Add the assorted meat and fish, ground crayfish, salt and pepper to taste. The Ogbono may have become thicker from the cooking. If so, add a little bit more water and stir very well. Cover and cook till the contents of the pot is well heated up.
If you prefer your Ogbono Soup without vegetables, turn off the heat and serve but if you like to add a vegetable then keep reading smiley
When the contents of the pot have heated up, add the vegetable (frozen Spinach used in the video). Stir very well, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes and serve with any

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dollywood(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.