Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5773368 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) ... (3481) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Fhemmmy:

What kinda fish is that Bros?

I be lady o (in fela's voice)
Its mackerel fish/titus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
eyinjuege:

I be lady o (in fela's voice)
Its mackerel fish/titus

Please forgive me and thanks for the answer . . . .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
loveymom:

Oya come post food abeg am hungry
For you, I will.. ...

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
jazzyjazz:

please share recipe

Just seeing this please...
I don't know if this is a standard recipe but this is my recipe /the recipe I used:

Flour.. Half kilo
Simax margarine.. I used one Satchet and half. The remaining half I used to coat the cake pans.
Eggs... I used 12 medium eggs,
Two tin of liquid peak milk,
Baking powder... Two teaspoons same as one tablespoon. Sugar... Like a cup (milk cup) cos I didn't want it to be too sugary... Vanilla liquid flavor.. One cap full (of the cover)

Firstly, I creamed the margarine and sugar with wooden spatula (turning garri) for like 20 minutes when I could barely see the sugar grains or till my hand start pain me. It's for personal consumption biko, I can't kill myself.

Secondly, i sieved the flour and baking powder (in a separate bowl) to incorporate air and remove particles in it.

Thirdly, I whisked the eggs all together until light but not too fluffy so that the cake will retain it's density and doesn't turn to sponge cake. Then i added the liquid milk into the egg while I whisked.
Then I switched on the gas/stove and placed the pot on fire to heat slowly...or you turn on your oven if you have one.
Then rub butter round the cake pans and put flour in and swirl round to coat the butter/cake pan.

Fourthly, I started adding the egg/milk mixture in bits into the butter/sugar mixture. That's when I added the liquid vanilla flavor as well. When I was through with that, I started adding the sieved flour into the butter/egg semi liquid mixture.
I fold it in slowly just like the way you do garri until it's smooth to the touch and everything is incorporated evenly.
Then you pour the batter in your cake pans and place in the already hot pot. Leave to bake on very low heat for like 40 minutes to one hour depending on the size of your cake.
Don't open the pot after putting the cake pan until like 40 minutes for larger cakes and 20 minutes for cupcakes so that you won't stop the rising process.

To check the doneness of the cake, you should insert toothpick or knife at the center of the cake or look at the cake pan & see if the cake is easily leaving the side of the cake pan.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Joecristiano7(m): 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
Comman see food

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
devlishGINGER:
The little I could afford. Hope I tried
Pepper, onions, palm oil, seasonings, salt, chocolate bread, spoon and plates

Looks really nice... You try abeg�

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
How did you prepare the fish?
Joecristiano7:
Comman see food
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
chasers:
C4_KITCHEN
We The Best cool
Patience is the secret to good food.

You're good! Thumbs up.. �

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
IamD18:

Lol, was this necessary? Telling me the kind of jollof rice you can prepare? cheesy

Am I your husband? Father? Son? Boyfriend? or fvckmate? This is pure low self esteem, I must say.

I like you, that's why I'm gon tell you the truth, so that you'll get angry and learn. smiley

Learn how to deal with people's opinion whenever you ask for it, be it positive or negative. It's important. Don't always expect praises from people on social media.

It should be a privilege to you that you have an honest lady as real as 1Sharon, rather than those pretending and screaming "Yummy! Dummy! Yummy!" on that jollof amoeba you posted. smiley

She told you the truth. That initial jollof rice you posted look graphic, but this one no too bad, maybe because you've added menses to make it reddish.

We don't even have proof that you prepared it, yourself grin grin grin

Look at the person talking about dealing with people's opinion yet you automatically assumed that those who complimented the food weren't being real because it doesn't correspond with your opinion. Talk of kettle calling pot black!
Please, the fact that it doesn't look good to you doesn't mean that someone else doesn't appreciate it. Don't force your opinion on people please. One man's food is another man's poison, literally!

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Steamed bean pudding and egg for dinner.. kiss

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
sammyfrosh:
Cooked in a group yesterday at school

Wow!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shugah(f): 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
cococandy:
Come join

You're a good cook. I want to be like you when I grow up. wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
eyinjuege:
Rice and vegetable soup

You're a good cook. What's in the vegetable soup?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
Thanks I appreciate the compliment smiley

I’m sure you do well already
Shugah:

You're a good cook. I want to be like you when I grow up. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
Looks good. Did you make it?

Joecristiano7:
Comman see food
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
Shugah:

You're good! Thumbs up.. �
Thanks Dear.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
spotmataz:
what is the purppse pls...

I want to know...
The device is known as an extractor hood or exhaust hood,is a device containing a mechanical fan that hangs above the stove or cooktop in the kitchen. It removes airborne grease, combustion products, fumes, smoke, heat, and steam from the air by evacuation of the air and filtration.

They’re not just there to look pretty though, they serve a real purpose in your kitchen by keeping your kitchen cleaner, healthier (removing airborne smoke and grease) and making it a nicer place to be. You can find different size and shape in the market.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 12:53am On Apr 18, 2019
Rubyventures:

Curtain in the kitchen is very unhygienic as it gathers grease, dust and moisture from the cooking a haven for bacteria. A blind is much better or a very short curtain, with minimal gathers if you must use one.

Dat na dem wahala!
I get my own house.
I was only a “guest! wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lepasharon(f): 1:23am On Apr 18, 2019
Rubyventures:

Curtain in the kitchen is very unhygienic as it gathers grease, dust and moisture from the cooking a haven for bacteria. A blind is much better or a very short curtain, with minimal gathers if you must use one.

Tell me about it. Carpets in the kitchen too.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2019
cutiereborn:

For you, I will.. ...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 18, 2019
Uncle datascience where you dey?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by creamylicious(f): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2019
vivigurl:
Baked a cake today with cake mix, 3eggs, three tablespoon oil and 1 cup of water
please can cake mix be purchased in shopping malls?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 18, 2019
cococandy:
Come join

Open sesame grin

You're a good cook and I like this.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 18, 2019
creamylicious:
please can cake mix be purchased in shopping malls?
. Yes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 18, 2019
#C4_kitchen

Breakfast Lovers kiss

First Photo ~~~ OATS

Second Photo ~~~ Cappuccino

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamJ(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
If you like pretend if you like don't

This thread is the general headquarters of self service on nairaland

See ibukun for instance, thread says cook and post, ibukun will post bought food to show off and then form humble, and say I didn't cook, if you didn't cook why post it then?

Every body that cooks is competing forming humble efforts cheesy

And the saliva drinkers union that are here to like posts and dream

In the spirit of posting what I cooked

Well I cooked ordinary mango, washed in warm Japanese water, garnished with ice cubes

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
jealousy no go kill this one grin grin grin

abeg stick to your basic trashy food. You can never be in this league cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Joecristiano7:
Comman see food

Damn . . .This will make any human jealous
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ginalex(f): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
jealousy no go kill this one grin grin grin

abeg stick to your basic trashy food. You can never be in this league cheesy
My dear, people can jealous for Africa ehn shocked

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
ibkayee a jealous ape just fired shots at you cheesy
iamJ:
If you like pretend if you like don't

This thread is the general headquarters of self service on nairaland

See ibukun for instance, thread says cook and post, ibukun will post bought food to show off and then form humble, and say I didn't cook, if you didn't cook why post it then?

Every body that cooks is competing forming humble efforts cheesy

And the saliva drinkers union that are here to like posts and dream

In the spirit of posting what I cooked

Well I cooked ordinary mango, washed in warm Japanese water, garnished with ice cubes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
ibkayee a jealous ape just fired shots at you cheesy
Lol the thread is technically for food you've cooked sha, so he's right in that regard. Although the fact that he considers 'bought food' something to 'show off' is telling...lmao

But fair enough, no more posting bought meals

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CaptainMitch: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
You are too cool for school
ibkayee:

Lol the thread is technically for food you've cooked sha, so he's right in that regard. Although the fact that he considers 'bought food' something to 'show off' is telling...lmao

But fair enough, no more posting bought meals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) ... (3481) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: radautoworks, vanbecx(m), legennd2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.