Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,679 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5751226 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
Naija breakfast grin grin
Agege bread with sardine plus ovaltine

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Babymama1:
Naija breakfast grin grin
Agege bread with sardine plus ovaltine
Na wah o. Wetin remain again wey u never chop there.

Do you know this food called akidi. Ma grand mum was the last that made it when I was very young before she passed. I was about 8yrs. What's called in English and how it is prepared . Care to share, anyone?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chillisauce:
Rice and Palm oil vegetable sauce with snake meat.

thats fish jare. Snake ko
Babymama1:

Me too
dont let chilli deceive you,there's plenty of soup in that pot cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chillisauce:

Na wah o. Wetin remain again wey u never chop there.

Do you know this food called akidi. Ma grand mum was the last that made it when I was very young before she passed. I was about 8yrs. What's called in English and how it is prepared . Care to share, anyone?

Lol
That is true o
Akidi
I ate that when I was a tot in Enugu growing up
I have no clue how it is made
Is it corn?

There is another one called nni oka
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
But seriously there are a few naija bakeries here that bake agege bread
I buy it fresh from the oven
Very hot
One one dollar for the small ones and 2.25 for the high ones
My kids love it to pieces
If you want it sliced you have to wait for it to cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Babymama1:

Lol
That is true o
Akidi
I ate that when I was a tot in Enugu growing up
I have no clue how it is made
Is it corn?

There is another one called nni oka

I'm not sure it's corn, I guess it's bean family . My mum has no clue even .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
thats fish jare. Snake kodont let chilli deceive you,there's plenty of soup in that pot cheesy

It snake jor, look very well wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chillisauce:

I'm not sure it's corn, I guess it's bean family . My mum has no clue even .

Yes yes yes
It is a special type of beans,I remember now
See how these traditional foods are dying
I remember okpa also
Nobody ever cooks okpa at home,you always buy it already cooked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
They even sell nzu for pregnant women grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Babymama1:

Yes yes yes
It is a special type of beans,I remember now
See how these traditional foods are dying
I remember okpa also
Nobody ever cooks okpa at home,you always buy it already cooked

At least people still sell it. But that akidi is not seen any where.

I have a faint memory where she was turning it in a sauce. Looks like a palm oil sauce kind of.

Who knows akidi ? Edwife?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Somebody is checking his yam grin grin
Mischievous wife snapping foto

If he catch me eh
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Babymama1:
Somebody is checking his yam grin grin

If I were your husband , I go don throw your phone inside toilet since. cheesy

Breach of privacy. Babymama

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chillisauce:

If I were your husband , I go don throw your phone inside toilet since. cheesy

Breach of privacy. Babymama

Rofl
He knows his wife is a little on the crazy side
See as the man long like Awusa man. grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
H
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chillisauce:

At least people still sell it. But that akidi is not seen any where.

I have a faint memory where she was turning it in a sauce. Looks like a palm oil sauce kind of.

Who knows akidi ? Edwife?

Akidi? Don't think I know it,maybe if I see it cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
A quick tortilla with chicken....

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
I am trying to keep my stomach open,there is serious oriri na nkwari tonight
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
edwife:
A quick tortilla with chicken....

Try adding cooked lentils and mustard to this. Heaven
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chillisauce:

Try adding cooked lentils and mustard to this. Heaven

next time... wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:00am On Dec 07, 2014
Breakfast
Dessert
And lunch

I'm forming healthy eating. Let me see how far I can go with this.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by r231(m): 12:57am On Dec 07, 2014
Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 1:42am On Dec 07, 2014
Yummy thread grin just finished series of cooking for the week. Two soups edikaikong and Afan.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 1:55am On Dec 07, 2014
I plan to be eating healthier hence bought some sea animals ie shrimps+crab jn the brown pot. Hie do I transform these things as hubby says it's a no no for him. Any suggestions on how to make healthy stew/sauce with these will be appreciated. @ Chilli : I know Akidi and it also ta :Dkes me down memory lane when G.mama used to cook it for us when we were kids( God rest her soul). Wash your Akidi and put enough water. It takes time to cook do better done on fire wood with low heat do it died not get burnt. Cook till tender like 3hrs could be shorter if you add akanwu/potash. Once tender, sieve excess water out with little left for the porridge, add enough palm oil, fresh pepper,salt, little ground onions,ugba,dryfish or stick fish. Stir with wooden spoon until is mashed in between then leave to boil with condiments for additional 10 minutes. Then bring down and good us ready! grin note: you need to prebiotic your stock fish or dryfish to tender before mixing.
I'm a hopeless foodie
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 1:57am On Dec 07, 2014
edwife:

Akidi? Don't think I know it,maybe if I see it cheesy
Akidi I'd sold in the villages. We still have in mine though at least my grand aunt farms and she cultivated it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:58am On Dec 07, 2014
r231:
Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner grin
you know I don't believe you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by r231(m): 2:01am On Dec 07, 2014
cococandy:
you know I don't believe you.

I am on vacation so I eat crazy stuff while I am in funky countries cheesy grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 2:03am On Dec 07, 2014
lepasharon:
My first pepper soup
Nice try. It looks watery next time you can actually add thickner like little flour or blended oat. wink scent leaves+uda takes it to another level tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:28am On Dec 07, 2014
r231:

I am on vacation so I eat crazy stuff while I am in funky countries cheesy grin
ok.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 735i(m): 4:42am On Dec 07, 2014
nyafunyafu:
Yummy thread grin just finished series of cooking for the week. Two soups edikaikong and Afan.

This post made up my mind for me... embarassed
That's it!!! I'm coming home for Christmas… The way it's going… It might snow before Christmas…. I reject pizza and vodka in my life this Christmas!! embarassed embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 07, 2014
nyafunyafu:

That snail menh!

Btw, thanks for the recipe. I'm guessing it's the black bean that's used for the Akidi?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
Sunday brunch, enjoy! Fried rice with cow heart fresh from butcher grin and other veggies. Chicken stew(olive oil) with cow leg and crab,shrimp.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
To go with rice, salad in process

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aloysius269(m), dadadoc and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.