Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5750577 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
nyafunyafu:
Yummy thread grin just finished series of cooking for the week. Two soups edikaikong and Afan.

Well done dear,that soup looks divine.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
edwife:

Well done dear,that soup looks divine.... cheesy
Thanks dear, grin hubby was confused at what to eat this morning.
Salad processed...

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chillisauce:

That snail menh!

Btw, thanks for the recipe. I'm guessing it's the black bean that's used for the Akidi?
Yes the black beans... no beans I've eaten tastes better than that!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
nyafunyafu:

Yes the black beans... no beans I've eaten tastes better than that!

Thanks dear . Will look forward to that.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
nyafunyafu:
Yummy thread grin just finished series of cooking for the week. Two soups edikaikong and Afan.

Nice

Did you prepare the snails from scratch? If yes, help cheesy

Who knows where I can get starch in Ajah? I want to make banga soup for Christmas
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
Lunch

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
Breakfast

Delicious pancake drizzled with maple syrup and eggs

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Can I use dry beans flour to make moon moin

Edwife
Babyosisi/ babymama1
Chillisauce
Efemenaxy

Anybody pls.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 10:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
cococandy:

Edwife

Anybody pls.

Of course Dear,check this....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccjOaLGqiX8
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bawss1(m): 10:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
cococandy:
Breakfast

Delicious pancake drizzled with maple syrup and eggs

Drizzled? Next time drench it in the syrup, that's how to enjoy it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bawss1:

gets too soggy for me. Thanks anyway
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
edwife:

Of course Dear,check this....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccjOaLGqiX8

kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by christabeli: 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chillisauce:

I'm not sure it's corn, I guess it's bean family . My mum has no clue even .
Yes it is bean family but it is seasonal. U prepare it with yam or Abacha. The dried one is black while the fresh one is green.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Bawss1:

No next time use honey instead
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 08, 2014
cococandy:

Edwife
Babyosisi/ babymama1
Chillisauce
Efemenaxy

Anybody pls.

Personally I didn't like it when I used it,it has an aftertaste
But that was about 10 yeArs ago
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bawss1(m): 11:18am On Dec 08, 2014
Babymama1:

No next time use honey instead

For some reason honey hurts my stomach, so maple syrup is the only way I enjoy pancakes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
3cycle:

Oga look elsewhere, go for idowu abeg.
She's the only troublesome single lady around here.
You go buy market wey you no like. Continue! Goat!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2014
christabeli:
Yes it is bean family but it is seasonal. U prepare it with yam or Abacha. The dried one is black while the fresh one is green.

Thanks dear. I'm still looking for it. I bet it's not lentils?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
cococandy:

Edwife
Babyosisi/ babymama1
Chillisauce
Efemenaxy

Anybody pls.

Go and eat their food . Stop looking for naija food and settle for things around you. You will be amazed on how well you will love it tongue

After moi moi, you go soon ask us for akara and agidi. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ha Coco C, 5 mins to wash beans don hard now, sotey reach grin
Do what I did ask mom to send you mini mortar and pestle, and you are all set wink
I fit mail you mine grin
Bia, give me your pancake recipe and measurements.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
Chili true...one should get use to the food here learn to cook them and do fine dining while adding nig once in a while.
One sister said the food here is not good I was like ummm lol
Fast forward to going out with her she asked for steak and mashed potatoes. I was like eh welcome darling grin

Chillisauce:

Go and eat their food . Stop looking for naija food and settle for things around you. You will be amazed on how well you will love it tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
Chillisauce:

grin chilli o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
armyofone:
Chili true...one should get use to the food here learn to cook them and do fine dining while adding nig once in a while.
Fast forward to going out with her she asked for steak and mashed potatoes. I was like eh welcome darling grin

dont mind chilli,I eat their food too. Just not always.

The pan cake mix is very easy.
Just add a cup of milk to 2cups of the bisquick pancake mix,add 2 eggs and dried raisins.

Pour less than 1/4 cupfuls each time onto the hot greased pan. Cook until edges are dry. Turn onto the other side and cook. Take it out when golden brown on both sides.

I basically used the cooking instructions on the mix pack.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
Babymama1:

Personally I didn't like it when I used it,it has an aftertaste
man must survive cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
Cococandy
babyosisi/Babymama1
edwife
Chillisauce
Efemenaxy.

I'm not married but I come here because of you all. please do I need to enroll for cooking lessons here? I will soon be getting married too by God's grace and I want to also be giving the kinds of food I see here to my hubby. abeg make una teach me smalll small too.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Herzumpther:

I'm not married but I come here because of you all. please do I need to enroll for cooking lessons here? I will soon be getting married too by God's grace and I want to also be giving the kinds of food I see here to my hubby. abeg make una teach me smalll small too.
smiley flattered. You will be fine after edwife handles you for one lesson. Lol

Ok seriously just ask questions about any recipe that gets your attention. I'm sure folks will be very willing to help you out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
cococandy:
smiley flattered. You will be fine after edwife handles you for one lesson. Lol

Ok seriously just ask questions about any recipe that gets your attention. I'm sure folks will be very willing to help you out
I want lessons for all recipes I see here. lol. You have no idea how many hours I spend here out of my daily 24 hours, i just keep peeping each time i come here and i don't want to die in silence again. Lol.

Maybe I should just build a flat here so once anybody posts any recipe, I will just start asking questions immediately or what do you think?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
armyofone:

it can be difficult at first esp when you are used to certain food. But what really helps is to ask first how the food taste then condition your mind to something similar. Before you know it, you have finished the food, and start craving for more.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
Herzumpther:
Cococandy
babyosisi/Babymama1
edwife
Chillisauce
Efemenaxy.

we need to know what you can do before going further.
Can you boil egg?
cook rice? these are the basics.
Intermediary stage, make basic sauce like tomate sauce, cream sauce . Its just about same principle.
If not, just stick to Fast food, by the time you and hubby ready for dinner, you don warm the fast food sharpaly cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nyafunyafu: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
bukatyne:

Nice

Did you prepare the snails from scratch? If yes, help cheesy

Who knows where I can get starch in Ajah? I want to make banga soup for Christmas

Yes I washed the snails myself used screw driver and small hammer as I don't like they way they shell it the market place I need to leave th overnight to vomit some of the sand/debris eaten tastes better that way. You can check for starch at sangotedo market Ajah
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Herzumpther:
once anybody posts any recipe, I will just start asking questions immediately or what do you think?
yea. Do that
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
Chillisauce:

we need to know what you can do before going further.
Can you boil egg?
cook rice? these are the basics.
Intermediary stage, make basic sauce like tomate sauce, cream sauce . Its just about same principle.
If not, just stick to Fast food, by the time you and hubby ready for dinner, you don warm the fast food sharpaly cheesy

You this crazy lady cheesy,lol

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.