Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5753126 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Preciouschinwe(f): 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
bukatyne:

I love seeing beautiful things and Chasers and Cococandy brings me here a lot.

They post for likes according to you and feed our eyes.

A very good deal if you ask me.

If you don't like their posts, you can skip. wink
even nairaland is made to entertain,and generate money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thoniameek:
This is okra and beans soup

I had this one time as teenager and it has never left my memory nor the taste my taste buds. But no one seems to know about it and I get ridiculously laughed at when I talk about it

I remember the lady who made the soup was from Akwa Ibom state

I made this one but with white beans (the beans must not be mashy but tender)

Anyone knows the soup?

Btw: the lady garnished hers with a lot of proteins

This is making me hungry already . . . .

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CosmicPhoenix: 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
why?

Mariangeles:
For the ofe egusi lovers...it's a shame that I don't eat swallows embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ADUKKY(f): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hubby likes it like that plus the chunky feeling.
Fhemmmy:

I have noticed that many people now cut their okra big, is this a new style? I will admit it looked good though BUT i can't remember such while growing up.... or is it that people have lost patience of fine cutting?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
why?

It has always been so.

I was incessantly yabbed because of it as a child... Omg! You have no idea how I was shamed for it grin...why would they do that to a child embarassed

I thought I was weird, until someone said they hate rice and beans shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thoniameek:
This is okra and beans soup

I had this one time as teenager and it has never left my memory nor the taste my taste buds. But no one seems to know about it and I get ridiculously laughed at when I talk about it

I remember the lady who made the soup was from Akwa Ibom state

I made this one but with white beans (the beans must not be mashy but tender)

Anyone knows the soup?

Btw: the lady garnished hers with a lot of proteins
Wow!
Innovative !

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
runwaymodel:
Hello Buka, Cococandy's asskisser grin tongue. By fire by force we must see everything she has, LMFAO. Talk to ha hubby for ha to give ha more attention, maybe we can finally breath grin. Someone who looks 40 now and is obese, LMFAO. Let her keep fooling y'all with old photos. Took you forever to reply, Buka. The other sidekick of an asskissa go be here shortly. Yes, I like trouble. Bring it kiss kiss kiss. I ain't moved kiss kiss kiss

For someone who makes a lot of money as a RN, you sure have a lot of time on your hands monitoring faceless people.

May you find peace.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nellyquash(f): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
bukatyne:

For someone who makes a lot of money as a RN, you sure have a lot of time on your hands monitoring faceless people.

May you find peace.

My younger bro in US is a RN but you hardly see him online because am sure he's very busy making use of His time compare to some people. SMH seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
ADUKKY:
Hubby likes it like that plus the chunky feeling.

Ok, that explain it then . . . I just happen to have seen such of late everywhere and some even boil it as a whole okra
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
armyofone:
Boiled corn-very naturally sweet. The season of fresh sweet corn straight from the farm is almost over.
I sourced for and peeled it...see as shoppers stand dey look how farmer Hauwa dey do am....proud of my muscledfied hands bo!

This corn cry cry

It's well.

Corn is one of my favourite. As pap, or one nsukka abi Enugu state delicacy, roasted, cooked with pear or coconut anyhow, bring it on.yummilicious kiss

So i saw corn here and dived in. Mtcheew. Like canned sweet corn. Shuuuuuuu.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
dia4iam:
Yes o. Growing up, a neighbour used to prepare oota /hoo'ta/ (Yoruba word) which is one hell of a tasty meal in which none of the ingredients is cooked. It involves slicing tomatoes, pepper (ata rodo), onions into a plate, and garnishing it with plenty fermented locust bean (iru) and smoked fish. It is taken with agidi and most enjoyably washed down with fresh palm wine. That is the ideal weekend repertoire oh. Nutrients loaded yet, pocket friendly.
Really?

That should be one of the healthiest food out there.
There are so many cuisines we don't know about and what we have can be used to prepare so many dishes. kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
bukatyne:

"RN" might actually stand for "Restless Nincompoop" ...that guy is probably one frustrated jambite stuck somewhere in ogbomosho thinking of which online scam to engage in as a female.........learn to Ignore all these young online idiots in the future

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
Try market day around you...I have good memories of Nigeria corn season-ukpo oka from delicious freshly harvested corn. I love my mom's style of using mortar to crush the fresh corn before adding the ingredients and wrap in warm plantain leaf.
I have tried making ukpo but the thing no gree hard even after cooking for over an hour! Tasted like ukpo but never solid - waste of corn as it ended in the drain.
The closest to ukpo is Tamales from proper Mexican eateries.
Mariangeles:
It's the corn season in Nigeria, yet almost not a corn in sight . Disappointing .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
grin i only boil or roast day old corn as it is still naturally sweet. Oh! corn and catalystic uben....yummy!
Canned corn- with all the packaging additives, i no dey near am. Dem even get syrupy overly sweet corn grin
Once the short season is over, i wait for another late spring. There are still "fresh" packaged corn but i really don't like it.

sassysure:

This corn cry cry

It's well.

Corn is one of my favourite. As pap, or one nsukka abi Enugu state delicacy, roasted, cooked with pear or coconut anyhow, bring it on.yummilicious kiss

So i saw corn here and dived in. Mtcheew. Like canned sweet corn. Shuuuuuuu.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lunch... grin grin
Cookies and cheap milk.
Have really been stressed out lately.
Mariangeles,come relax me baby smiley

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bisoye11(m): 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
For the ofe egusi lovers...it's a shame that I don't eat swallows embarassed

You dont?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bisoye11(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I have noticed that many people now cut their okra big, is this a new style? I will admit it looked good though BUT i can't remember such while growing up.... or is it that people have lost patience of fine cutting?

Very Good observation, I think it has to do with patience
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
bukatyne:

May you find peace.
Tons of RNs like me work 12 -hours shifts, 3 or 4 days a week, dear.. but I don't expect a loser and asskisser like you to know. Got an overabundance of peace kiss kiss kiss, it's why I'm not on here kissing folks asses and showing off seeking external validation like other folks here grin wink. Nah, me dunt need dat. cool cool cool

Nairaland must be ya fulltime job. 8 months and 19 days is a long time to spend on Nairaland, Buka. Lawd have mercy! No job or life in Nigeria? Poor you. Get a life, abeg. cry cry grin kiss

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
armyofone:
Try market day around you...I have good memories of Nigeria corn season-ukpo oka from delicious freshly harvested corn. I love my mom's style of using mortar to crush the fresh corn before adding the ingredients and wrap in warm plantain leaf.
I have tried making ukpo but the thing no gree hard even after cooking for over an hour! Tasted like ukpo but never solid - waste of corn as it ended in the drain.
The closest to ukpo is Tamales from proper Mexican eateries.
We call it something different where I come from ...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
bisoye11:

Very Good observation, I think it has to do with patience

grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by stillmaticOG(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Fhemmmy:

If this is breakfast, what will be for lunch or dinner, how do you find time to do this in the morning or even have time to warm it up if it was made the previous night? I envy you oh
Don't envy me o, my own is to provide money. What goes on in the kitchen is not my business. Just give me food chop grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dia4iam(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
sassysure:

Really?

That should be one of the healthiest food out there.
There are so many cuisines we don't know about and what we have can be used to prepare so many dishes. kiss

That is right, and there are some of us that are creating new ones. Me for example, must have created up to 20 different dishes with whatever is left of my foodstuffs at one time or the other, being the parent dependent student that I am. Interestingly, they all sit well with my taste bud lol, even if it involves cooking kulikuli and rice together cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dia4iam(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
You should oh Ariyke. It's quite nice.
Ariyke:
my neighbor prepares oota alot , never tasted it though
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
stillmaticOG:

Don't envy me o, my own is to provide money. What goes on in the kitchen is not my business. Just give me food chop grin

So as the man of the house, you just go to work and bring the money home, then the wife does everything else in the kitchen, at the kids room and then in the bedroom too? Does she go to work too or she is the home manager/maker?

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
bisoye11:

You dont?
I don't .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dia4iam(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
I disagree with you sir. Things sometimes blow up beyond the proportions for which they were initially established or construed because human beings are dynamic and not a programmed robot.
The fact that you dont understand Mandarin does not make it any less of a language, neither does that make it any less original and concrete for those who use the language.
If the right instrument to achieve the result for a meal involves the use of the kind of pumping machine originally used by a vulcanizer, whats important is the end not the means.
Food preparation and processing suddenly has gone beyond art and talent. It's more scientific now than ever.
You simply need to be a little less conservative to understand the shift in narrative.
Sanchez01:
This thread used to be very interesting but it has become the Instagram of Nairaland where people go all out to impress people they've never seen. 'Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!' and people are going as far filling syringes with raw Tomatoes/Ketchup. Far from reality, if you ask me. It is one thing being a chef on a professional level, it is another thing when you're alone in your kitchen. I can't imagine the pain of filling a cooking syringe with ketchup on a normal day in your kitchen... Haba!

The essence of every meal is simplicity; not how it is prepared but how it looks when it is finished. It would be a different ball game entirely if you were cooking for a gourmet or a critic. The pressure has pushed some to use slay queen filters on meals just because they don't want to be left behind.

To the Amiedi and Starch eaters, God bless your originality, the Okra cooks, the jollof variant cooks and lovers of simplicity, God bless you lots. To the complicated cooks, God bless you as well cheesy

I just pray we don't start seeing Crepe Bandages in plates, in the name of artistry.

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Logobenz:
Lunch... grin grin
Cookies and cheap milk.
Have really been stressed out lately.
Mariangeles,come relax me baby smiley
Guy, with just one cookie ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dia4iam(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
I think that is his personal business.You dont have to pry, sir...
Fhemmmy:

So as the man of the house, you just go to work and bring the money home, they the wife does everything else in the kitchen, at the kids room and then in the bedroom too? Does she go to work too or she is the home manager/maker?

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ADUKKY(f): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dinner today : Rice, beans, avocado, cucumber and vegetable.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
Guy, with just one cookie ? undecided
you want trailer load?
You know say cookies no fit ever be problem na grin
Come ph na.all expense paid wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Logobenz:
you want trailer load?
You know say cookies no fit ever be problem na grin
Come ph na.all expense paid wink
I had a feeling the mention was awkward ! shocked
Nwanneni okwa obu gi ?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
ADUKKY:
Dinner today : Rice, beans, avocado, cucumber and vegetable.
It's raining nutrients .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Onego(f), Countyguy, BlueRayDick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.