Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,550 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5854125 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (3497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by knuckle01: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2014
Herzumpther:
Please give me the recipe.
Thank you and good evening. smiley
I am really sorry for the late reply.
Ingredients: Green pea, broccoli, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, chicken thigh.

Cook the green pea, broccoli and carrot until tender. Chop the cabbage and cucumber and set side. Prepare marinate for the chicken thigh by mixing chopped onions, curry, thyme, seasoning, ground pepper, garlic (optional), salt, one egg. Marinate the chicken and sit in the fridge for at least 30 minute or more. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius place the marinated chicken in a baking pan and bake for one hour (flip the chicken to the other side 30 mins into the baking time). Serve the vegetables onto a plate along side the baked chicken.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by knuckle01: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2014
Akposy:

simple? Dis is a sweet complicated dish
your recipe pls...

Cook the green pea, broccoli and carrot until tender. Chop the cabbage and cucumber and set side. Prepare marinate for the chicken thigh by mixing chopped onions, curry, thyme, seasoning, ground pepper, garlic (optional), salt, one egg. Marinate the chicken and sit in the fridge for at least 30 minute or more. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius place the marinated chicken in a baking pan and bake for one hour (flip the chicken to the other side 30 mins into the baking time). Serve the vegetables onto a plate along side the baked chicken.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 27, 2014
knuckle01:

Thank you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2014
cococandy:

Lol@moin moin.

You probably didn't add too much water because
It is always sticky like gum. I wonder how you guys manage to cut it to eat. I don't eat it. Only tried to learn making it because it is one of my hubby's favorite.

The eating would have made a good episode for a comedy show grin Him cutting it here me cutting it there and the starch comes off the plate into our hands and I need to use a second hand to hold where I want to cut...

Hubby obviously doesn't like it grin

This is a standard case of looks can be deceiving... it looks so exotic sad angry

This is
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 7:30am On Dec 27, 2014
knuckle01:
Nice thread. Here is my simple dinner

This really looks yummy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2014
I didnt take any christmas food picture undecided but i hope i remember during the new year celebration. However i have some old pics from long ago. My attempt at homemade tortilla wrap and coleslaw with meat sauce to go along.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:03am On Dec 27, 2014
knuckle01:

thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2014
Just finish cooking rice 4 breakfast...though my mum said no salt in the rice..
Rice and Zobo drink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
knuckle01:

200g shredded coconut
2 eggs
50g butter
1dl sugar
Grated lime zest
Some dark chocolate (optional)

Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius. Mix eggs and sugar then add the coconut, lime zest and melted butter. Let to sit in the refrigerator for about 10 mins. Using an ice-cream scoop shape ( or using your hands to mold to desired shape), shape the batter into peaks and place onto sheet pan lined with baking paper. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 10-15 mins or until golden. Let to cool. Dunk the bottom half in melted chocolate and set in room temperature.

Thank you so much kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
cutiereborn:

Ok, u must spill on how to make such mouth-watering fried rice without oil...waiting

cococandy:

Recipe
Recipe
Recipe

Lol!

Ladies it's quite easy, really. I used to do the frying your vegs then adding to the rice to boil but I found that the taste didn't really sink into the rice itself. It kind of 'sat' on the surface, if you get what I mean.

What I do now is, after pre-washing the rice several times with hot water, till the starch is gone (i.e: till the water is clear and no longer cloudy), I then add a bit of water - just enough to boil the rice, then add my ingredients to the water:

Chopped onions
Dried pepper
Mixed vegetables (sweetcorn, carrots, lentils, broccoli, cauliflower)
Pre-peeled king sized prawns
Curry
Thyme
Nutmeg
Maggie
Salt.

The trick is to add enough Maggie so it "catches" the rice and boil on medium heat. Towards the end, slow boil on the lowest heat setting so it steams properly and the seasonings really seep into your rice.

Absolutely no oil needed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Okay, so we all woke up really late this Saturday. Too late for breakfast and too early for lunch, so I made some brunch for the family.

Fried yams and stew served with roast fish, scrambled eggs (again, no oil used here), Brussel Sprouts, seedless purple grapes, and some oranges for our much needed vitamin C. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
Really?

Thanks. Will try it sometime
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

Ladies it's quite easy, really. I used to do the frying your vegs then adding to the rice to boil but I found that the taste didn't really sink into the rice itself. It kind of 'sat' on the surface, if you get what I mean.

What I do now is, after pre-washing the rice several times with hot water, till the starch is gone (i.e: till the water is clear and no longer cloudy), I then add a bit of water - just enough to boil the rice, then add my ingredients to the water:

Chopped onions
Dried pepper
Curry
Thyme
Nutmeg
Maggie
Salt.

The trick is to add enough Maggie so it "catches" the rice and boil on medium heat. Towards the end, slow boil on the lowest heat setting so it steams properly and the seasonings really seep into your rice.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Coco candy and foodies,

Can any of you guys give me a simple and good chin chin and bun recipes including measuring Etc.

Highly anticipated and appreciated.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
Preparing the meat pie dough.....though i replaced d meat with chicken breast and d irish potato with white yam
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
armyofone:
Coco candy and foodies,

Can any of you guys give me a simple and good chin chin and bun recipes including measuring Etc.

Highly anticipated and appreciated.

Never made buns before. Edwife will show you the way.

Here's how I make my chin chin.

Eggs:1 or 2(depends on how soft you want it to be. I like soft chin chin)
Butter:50g
Sugar:100g
Flour:150g
Ground Nutmeg: I teaspoonful
Milk and vanilla flavor:10g each
I heaped teaspoonful of baking powder(soda)
Pinch of salt if you like.(I don't add it to mine)
Some flour set aside for the rolling process
Vegetable oil.

Sift the flour if it has coarse grains. You can tell by touching it.
Mix it in a large bowl with the sugar,baking powder and ground nutmeg. If your flavors are in powder form,mix them in now. Until thoroughly mixed.

Put in the butter and start rubbing it in. When you're done, it will still be a bit powdery but dense. Break in one egg and start kneading into dough. you decide if you want to add another egg if you think it is too strong.
When thoroughly kneaded, add a few drops of water and knead some more to make it smooth.

Then on your chopping board,spread some dry flour, cut a little bit of the dough with your hands,roll into a ball and place on the chopping board. Roll it flat with a rolling pin and start cutting into bite sizes or shapes that you want.
Spread a little bit more flour if it tries to stick to the pin when you're rolling.

After cutting, heat your vegetable oil on medium heat and fry for about 10 minutes for each batch or until golden brown.

Leave to cool. Et voila!

N/B
Another option is to bake in the oven when you're done cutting. I guess it keeps the calories down But I'm not very familiar with that method.
So I guess we stick to this for now
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
My first attempt at afia efere.... it was totally delish!! Aswear!! kiss tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bebe2(f): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:
hello nairalanders.. today is my bday.
unfortunately, i am very broke and away from home.

i stepped into d kitchen depressed..
a thought popped into my head.
kilokeys, do a miracle..

i opened the fridge saw some dying veggies, yester night's suya.. i decided to make fried rice.

problem.. no maggi, no sweetcorn, no green peas.

i went ahead. made this awesome looking, fair-tasting fried rice with what i had. here is the result..

i am a magician, amun't i? grin

ehhhh, bro

why u dey upside nah?

pepper go enter ur nose grin grin

happy birthyday wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
Yam

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2014
Thanks Laurie grin wink
Hope to try it this weekend.

Edwife, Bun recipe and measurement please.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2014
First postin since NL data loss. Christmas morning Nsala Soup, Fresh fish and Turkey meat, with Semo

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2014
Indomie(home-made) with Shoprite salad and fried Pork

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 8:47am On Dec 28, 2014
Jollof rice and fried chicken. You can guess who the other plate is always for cheesy cheesy cool

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Mum's Nsala, Chicken, Ice-fish and Semo...Always the best! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

Chopped onions
Dried pepper
Curry
Thyme
Nutmeg
Maggie
Salt.

Thanks a ton, will try it soonest & let u know how it pans out!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
^^ You're welcome smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
Babyosisi
Edwife
Efemenaxy
Et al foodies

I redecorated my kitchen. What Do you guys think? wink

Used to have darker countertops. I thought it was too dark. I'm loving the new look. smiley

The lighter color now contrasts beautifully with stuff I place on it. Oga thinks I trouble myself unnecessarily.

I think it is worth the trouble grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
armyofone:
Thanks Laurie grin wink
Hope to try it this weekend.

Edwife, Bun recipe and measurement please.

Sorry sweetheart,hope i am not late..... cheesy

115g butter
115g caster sugar
2 eggs, whisked
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
115g self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (optional)

Preheat your oven to 190 C and beat together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Slowly add in the beaten eggs, mixing each one in well before adding the next.
Then add in your desired flavouring (vanilla extract).
Sieve the flour and the baking powder and fold into the bun mixture. Spoon into the bun cases.
Bake until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Leave to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and decorate however you like.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:
Babyosisi
Edwife
Efemenaxy
Et al foodies

Used to have darker countertops. I thought it was too dark. I'm loving the new look. smiley

The lighter color now contrasts beautifully with stuff I place on it. Oga thinks I trouble myself unnecessarily.

Beautiful kiss kiss

Inspiration to invent meals will definitely come quicker cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:

Edwife

I love it coco kiss kiss,just spacious as i like it.....

Well done girl,that's a beautiful kitchen you have there....

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
omicron:
Jollof rice and fried chicken. You can guess who the other plate is always for cheesy cheesy cool
all ur dishes look good!! did u eat the other plate urself? shocked shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Efe, lovely set up and dishes.
Yep,that has been how I do my fried rice.
Never a fan of frying veggies.

Even my meat(sieve out d first water with oil b4 adding ingredients)

Cococandy, lovely!

Chei,i ve missed a lot but it's ok.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (3497) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kingoftrust(m), T2SSpace(f), iamL(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.