Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754362 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
cococandy:
I guess it’s fried yam season.
Planning something like this for dinner

Looks yum
Yes o! Fried yam season wink
Don't forget to share

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
smeag0l:
My first thought was " why would you cook a steaming hot pot of egusi soup only to spoil it with grass?" Apologies to all my igbo bros and sis here but I had to pour out my mind out of the shock that greeted me that day.
I haven't tasted it, but I doubt it's what you think .
A family friend always made it back then...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smeag0l(m): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
So why haven't you tasted it?
Mariangeles:

I haven't tasted it, but I doubt it's what you think .
A family friend always made it back then...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
smeag0l:
So why haven't you tasted it?
...because I haven't smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rebella(f): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
chenypat:
just make sure the mixture is not too watery before adding your boiling water. The mixture should be a bit thick and makes sure that water is on boiling point. With a few practice u will become better. My elder sister still has that challenge till date, always comes out watery cos she refuse to learn.
thanks a lot, I will increase the thickness
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Prestonn:

I'll be in keffi November. Do you live there?

No problem, you go see food run cheesy
I live close sometimes
I go carry cooler come
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peacefulhome(f): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mariangeles:

Apart from eggs, you can also dip your yams in blended, seasoned beans paste.
It tastes even better with beans paste..makes it more crunchy

Interesting, thanks sis.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
You would think been a holiday this portal will be flooded with different colors, online aroma/flavor/taste of naija cuisine

Sad undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Let us keep it coming folks. I wanna see more of grilled food, soups and pastry today

Tired of seeing pasta, noodles, plantain and fried chicken. grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
October please be nice

29 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Jchi9876:

Nothing against him. I am not homophobic.
Okay. I'm very sure you admire him. Why not hook up with him. I'm sure you guys will be cool. Remember nothing is certain.... Stop doing the wrong thing the wrong way

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mariangeles:
I think they call it yamarita . undecided
Oh yes! I think I've heard the name. I'll try it. Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mariangeles:

I assumed you reside in the SS...
Plateau is a beautiful state I'd love to visit .
SW....Lagos but I moved to Jos... I'm one month plus here. Plateau is cold, sometimes I feel I'm in Europe. Veggies and fruits are cheap..... I think I love the state

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
smeag0l:
My first thought was " why would you cook a steaming hot pot of egusi soup only to spoil it with grass?" Apologies to all my igbo bros and sis here but I had to pour out my mind out of the shock that greeted me that day.
Elephant grass? I served there but didn't notice this or maybe it's cos I don't eat out. Although, I enjoyed their roasted yam/plantain and beans
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
I tried making doughnuts today but it didn't come out well. The first set was okay but others were partially burnt on the outside, but the inside was not cooked despite reducing the heat.

Local boy is tired. Prestonn, cococandy, amyofone, mrfuckallday, marianangeles, cutieborns.... please you guys should help me with doughnut recipe

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
.. about the "500" fish...I didn't like the taste at all. I think the fish is best cooked as "fish" peppersoup

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smeag0l(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Do you know what achara soup is?
Akposy:

Elephant grass? I served there but didn't notice this or maybe it's cos I don't eat out. Although, I enjoyed their roasted yam/plantain and beans
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
Akposy:

Okay. I'm very sure you admire him. Why not hook up with him. I'm sure you guys will be cool. Remember nothing is certain.... Stop doing the wrong thing the wrong way

huh?? Are you okay?? Is it not too early to be using?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
Akposy:
I tried making doughnuts today but it didn't come out well. The first set was okay but others were partially burnt on the outside, but the inside was not cooked despite reducing the heat.

Local boy is tired. Prestonn, cococandy, amyofone, mrfuckallday, marianangeles, cutieborns.... please you guys should help me with doughnut recipe

hahahahahah I could not find the right word to describe this.

I just fell off my chair laughing. that looks more like puff-puff with a hole lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
AgbenuAnna:
October please be nice

I am going to be nice and real.

Looks like you fried the anus of a chicken but the rice is rich and not too greasy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
Akposy:
.. about the "500" fish...I didn't like the taste at all. I think the fish is best cooked as "fish" peppersoup

This whole fish ought to be the size of a tail.

Save the environment and QUIT eating baby fishes. Haba!!!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
smeag0l:
Do you know what achara soup is?
No. I don't
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Jchi9876:

huh?? Are you okay?? Is it not too early to be using?
I'm sorry... Don't be offended
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smeag0l(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
The achara soup is a soup indigenous to people of umuahia and England the main vegetable is elephant grass.
Akposy:

No. I don't

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Jchi9876:

hahahahahah I could not find the right word to describe this.

I just fell off my chair laughing. that looks more like puff-puff with a hole lol
Thank you boss. Please provide a better recipe

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Jchi9876:

This whole fish ought to be the size of a tail.

Save the environment and QUIT eating baby fishes. Haba!!!!

Help me with money to get big fish na. No be where my material reach I go cut sew?

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
smeag0l:
The achara soup is a soup indigenous to people of umuahia and England the main vegetable is elephant grass.
Thanks for educating me. I appreciate
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hify9935(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
In the spirit of celebration, I present these. So one of my Facebook friends asked exactly what we're celebrating today. Well,even if the country is a mess at the moment... the only consolation I get is, I celebrate my existence today. So even if it feels like there's nothing encouraging in the country to celebrate, here is me celebrating myself. I matter. I'm awesome. God has been so good to me.Happy birthday to me.

29 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by glimpse(f): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
smeag0l:

So England has a native soup called Achara? undecided wink

OK, let me just assume you wanted to type Enugu
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Akposy:

Next time, when the oil gets too hot, allow it cool down a bit by reducing the heat before frying the next batch .
You try....

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
glimpse:

No mind them. When you talk now some buffoons will start foaming in their gutter mouth
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
glimpse:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Juwessgratitud3 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.