Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5758274 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nnemuka:

lol but 200 naira is too cost for Ube oo
Though someone gave me the Ube for free but 200 naira cha.
Guess phc price is way cheaper
They said is because is not yet the season. I bought 2 cos I really needed it. I still foolishly bought agbalumo that was so sour that I was wondering if they jazzed me, I compensated myself with a watermelon head I bought for #200, very sweet and reddish.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
pocohantas:
I was gifted bunch of okazi leaves. Had to cut, dry and blend to conserve it. I feel like a grown woman, lmao. Would have thrown it away in the past. Maybe I will put NAFDAC No and start selling to Cococandy and co. grin

Used some to make afang soup though.
lol@ grown woman cheesy

I will buy if you sell to me . Hehe
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
sassysure:

Is anambe a name of town like anam?
I don't know.. But when I asked grandma this question, about that, that was her reply.
judging from someone like her who has lived 100+ yrs,I can't but agree more.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2019
FloraEC:

They said is because is not yet the season. I bought 2 cos I really needed it. I still foolishly bought agbalumo that was so sour that I was wondering if they jazzed me, I compensated myself with a watermelon head I bought for #200, very sweet and reddish.

I'll never be a fan! cheesy
I wonder what the fuss is about it undecided
Although, I manage to eat the reddish-sweet ones
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Akposy:
Cococandy...after seeing you add broccoli to your dishes, I decided to try it. I saw it at a popular market here. The man said 200 last for the small one. I was confused on how to wash and cook.
Well, I washed under running tap water, cooked in salted water for about 5 minutes. It tasted nice though...... 24hrs later I was purging for over 12hrs non stop o..I thought i will die of dehydration
. I lost both my strength and appetite (thanks to Zimotil and Oral rehydration salt)
This is same reason if u want to purnish some people take them to Chinese restaurant..... cheesy..

Las las not everything u see here, must be replicated in your kitchen.
Stick to what works for u.

sorry for your predicament....

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nnemuka(f): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
FloraEC:

Udara in December is not usually sweet
I wait till January ending..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mariangeles:

I'll never be a fan! cheesy
I wonder what the fuss is about it undecided
Although, I manage to eat the reddish-sweet ones
I love agbalumo and sour ones too. But this one was just too heartbreaking sour.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nnemuka:

Udara in December is not usually sweet
I wait till January ending..
Lol. It was craving
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
So my plantain ended up this way cry

It's well.
At least all enter belle grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Igbalaoluwa: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
after watching too much korean movies, i decided to try making kimchi and rice grin grin grin
if my mama catch me ehn grin
but its really nice o tongue

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tolexy007(m): 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Semo + Egusi soup + Beef + fried fish cheesy

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

As you dey eat, try to dey take herbs and fruit... e get reason

Jollof rice cooked with inner part of cow
The drink is tigernut, date, bitterkola, tumeric, ginger and honey juice. (Made it myself)
Check next post to know what I’ll do with the drink extract “shaft”

Good evening foodlanders

This is wheat, plantain, guinea corn powder mixed with the shaft I talked bout from my previous post

You’ll definitely love this

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by suco01(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
tolexy007:

u just dey makr me feel sad now. why u go chop this alone na

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:
after watching too much korean movies, i decided to try making kimchi and rice grin grin grin
U made kimchi shocked shocked shocked
Respect kiss

Is it sweet?

Bought Napa cabbage one week ago and I'm so afraid to even do small.

Kimchi has lots of probiotics due to the fermentation process.
Koreans buy probiotics capsules a lot.

Apart from okpei , ogiri and yogurt, I don't know any other way we get the healthy bacteria into our system.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
"Tasting" directly from the pot..

When you go to the kitchen to
investigate what is delaying the meal grin grin grin

How many are guilty of this?

25 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Crystalfragranc(f): 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:
Can you list the ingredients?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Igbalaoluwa: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
sassysure:

U made kimchi shocked shocked shocked
Respect kiss

Is it sweet?

Bought Napa cabbage one week ago and I'm so afraid to even do small.

Kimchi has lots of probiotics due to the fermentation process.
Koreans buy probiotics capsules a lot.

Apart from okpei , ogiri and yogurt, I don't know any other way we get the healthy bacteria into our system.

thank you grin
im just a person who is fascinated by intercontinental dishes, whereas our staple food of jollof, beans and eba dey tire person atimes undecided

about the taste , it was sweet but very spicy because of the read chilli peppers when i made it yesterday, but by today it acquired a delicious sweet and slightly sour taste and was not really as spicy again and i must confess that the slightly sour taste is soo great and must be the reason asians love it

i too was skeptical about making the kimchi because its a raw and fermented food and i was scared that i may tommy upset since we nigerians typically dont eat raw foods often, but to my greatest surprise im doing so well grin grin grin cheesy :
you should try it out though , you would definitely love it wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:

thank you grin
im just a person who is fascinated by intercontinental dishes, whereas our staple food of jollof, beans and eba dey tire person atimes undecided

about the taste , it was sweet but very spicy because of the read chilli peppers when i made it yesterday, but by today it acquired a delicious sweet and slightly sour taste and was not really as spicy again and i must confess that the slightly sour taste is soo great and must be the reason asians love it

i too was skeptical about making the kimchi because its a raw and fermented food and i was scared that i may tommy upset since we nigerians typically dont eat raw foods often, but to my greatest surprise im doing so well grin grin grin cheesy :
you should try it out though , you would definitely love it wink
I will follow maangchi guideline. If u know her, that woman is more than 60yrs but look at her. We are indeed what we eat.

One of hers

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
cococandy:
lol@ grown woman cheesy

I will buy if you sell to me . Hehe

Naso na. You know our mothers always had a little of everything in their kitchen. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Igbalaoluwa: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Crystalfragranc:

Can you list the ingredients?

the most basic ingredients are
napa cabbage {koreans say that our ball cabbages are just as good}
hot granulated chilli peppers
fish or soy sauce {this can easily gotten from people that sell baking ingredients in the market or a supermarket}
brine water{ water that is heavily concentrated with salt}

it is an open ended dish and you can add any other vegges you like . koreans even like to add seafood like cooked fish, scallions crabs etc
but for mine above i just added carrots , ginger and cucumber since im experimenting for the first time and i didnt want complications

very easy to make. just soak the cut leaves of the cabbages in the brine for about 30 minutes to dehydrate it and make it crunchy. rinse very well to multiple times to remove the saltiness. remember the salt is also an antimicrobial and will kill the germs.
wash , chop and add other preferred vegetables of your choice
add the sauce and pepper, mix very well. please wear a glove at this stage, the pepper was very spicy and still tickles my hand now cheesy
put in a properly sterilized air tight container . it is ready to eat right from the time you finished making it, but it tastes better when fermented wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Crystalfragranc(f): 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:

the most basic ingredients are
napa cabbage {koreans say that our ball cabbages are just as good}
hot granulated chilli peppers
fish or soy sauce {this can easily gotten from people that sell baking ingredients in the market or a supermarket}
brine water{ water that is heavily concentrated with salt}

it is an open ended dish and you can add any other vegges you like . koreans even like to add seafood like cooked fish, scallions crabs etc
but for mine above i just added carrots , ginger and cucumber since im experimenting for the first time and i didnt want complications

very easy to make. just soak the cut leaves of the cabbages in the brine for about 30 minutes to dehydrate it and make it crunchy. rinse very well to multiple times to remove the saltiness. remember the salt is also an antimicrobial and will kill the germs.
wash , chop and add other preferred vegetables of your choice
add the sauce and pepper, mix very well. please wear a glove at this stage, the pepper was very spicy and still tickles my hand now cheesy
put in a properly sterilized air tight container . it is ready to eat right from the time you finished making it, but it tastes better when fermented wink

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Igbalaoluwa: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
sassysure:

I will follow maangchi guideline. If u know her, that woman is more than 60yrs but look at her. We are indeed what we eat.

One of hers

mehn this is mouth watering ooo shocked shocked shocked
ill go check her up
asians live very long and pay a lot of attention to what they eat and thats worth emulating
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Egusi soup and chicken stew.

Egusi soup contains periwinkles, canda, goat meat and stock fish. I have a new obsession for periwinkles.

Coco, you see why I said I feel like a grown woman. I have dried bitterleaf too grin

I blended my bitterleaf to very tiny bits. I hate to see strands of bitter leaf. Maybe I am alone.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jakandeola(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
pocohantas:

Egusi soup contains periwinkles, canda, goat meat and stock fish. I have a new obsession for periwinkles.

Coco, you see why I said I feel like a grown woman. I have dried bitterleaf too grin

I blended my bitterleaf to very tiny bits. I hate to see strands of bitter leaf. Maybe I am alone.
gush I Neva know u are a good Cook d stew with meat and egusi soup look so yummy.ur guy is enjoying
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
pocohantas:

You try. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
Made plantain and veg sauce today.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
pocohantas:

Naso na. You know our mothers always had a little of everything in their kitchen. grin

They did didn’t they cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
Chicken stew.
Bring your side and come join

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Good job
Igbalaoluwa:
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mehn see this lady o

We are not trying you anymore.

Next thing now you will pull out more surprises
pocohantas:

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Simplecity(m): 12:44am On Dec 19, 2019
tolexy007:
you no fit even calm down snap picture your hand don romance the semo already grin grin....enjoy yourself bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fredwill1357(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.