Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5734447 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) ... (3476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
IamD18:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.1qfoodplatter.com/make-nigerian-yamarita/amp/

Smh! This generation is finished.

Thank God for google.
Of what importance is this useless information to the thread? When that gal said most of you are a product of a poverty stricken generation,i felt it for y'all. Yamarita as simple as it is even aboki pikin of 6yrs those years for Kainji dey stay for road dey fry am to make small change. except say u never chop yamarita in ur entire existence on earth 2 know say it's the same way it's made everywhere. Abi she for write say dem dey fry am inside red oil? The steps given are same everywhere. Abeg go stuff stockings in your mouth

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IamD18: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hotworta1:

Of what importance is this useless information to the thread? When that gal said most of you are a product of a poverty stricken generation,i felt it for y'all. Yamarita as simple as it is even aboki pikin of 6yrs those years for Kainji dey stay for road dey fry am to make small change. except say u never chop yamarita in ur entire existence on earth 2 know say it's the same way it's made everywhere. Abi she for write say dem dey fry am inside red oil? The steps given are same everywhere. Abeg go stuff stockings in your mouth
Are you stammering?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
Where that chef wey dey kiss all the women here? Food neva don?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Papanwamaikpe: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
IamD18:

Are you stammering?
Lmfao! I dey suspect that account na ghost grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2020
LadySwitz:

Wonderment!
Yam pizza...never tried that.. You tried it before? Hw did it turn out?
Very delicious..... Be advice, once you teast it you gonna ask for more cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nanakgh(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

I cannot wait for waakye tongue
The only ingredient stopping me from making it is sorghum leaves sad

Too bad. Beans will help with the colour and flavour but the sorghum leaves always complete the meal. For now tho I'm sure even with the beans alone your waakye could be great. I have had to make 'beans only' waakye a few times myself, because sorghum is primarily found in the North, while I live in the South, but it was always good.

Don't forget your spicy 'shito' tho. Also works well with 'kahuro' or 'wele', which are the Ghanaian words for 'kpomo'(soft cow hide)

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
Prestonn:

Bro edit this ur yarns
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
Yam and eggs with oven roasted titus fish.

Someone logs in to see pictures of food, only to see a whole page filled with insults.

Adults behaving like babies. Tufiakwa

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2020
Garri, okra and panla stew
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
nanakgh:

Too bad. Beans will help with the colour and flavour but the sorghum leaves always complete the meal. For now tho I'm sure even with the beans alone your waakye could be great. I have had to make 'beans only' waakye a few times myself, because sorghum is primarily found in the North, while I live in the South, but it was always good.

Don't forget your spicy 'shito' tho. Also works well with 'kahuro' or 'wele', which are the Ghanaian words for 'kpomo'(soft cow hide)

Usually, we make rice and beans in Nigeria. We just don't have a special name for it. Just rice and beans, or jollof rice and beans.

One question: Does sorghum add any special taste to it?

As for the sauce, I can just make Nigerian pepper stew to go with it. cheesy
Seems the shitor is kinda complicated... What are the basic ingredients? A novice cannot trust YouTube videos on these things since each video you click has a different recipe from the last one undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
Uisce:
Add to sauces, use to marinade, use for stir fries

Thanks bro
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nanakgh(m): 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Usually, we make rice and beans in Nigeria. We just don't have a special name for it. Just rice and beans, or jollof rice and beans.

One question: Does sorghum add any special taste to it?

As for the sauce, I can just make Nigerian pepper stew to go with it. cheesy
Seems the shitor is kinda complicated... What are the basic ingredients? A novice cannot trust YouTube videos on these things since each video you click has a different recipe from the last one undecided

The leaves only add some flavor, but a lot of colour. It however adds very little taste, you taste the rice and beans more. I daresay the beans offer even more flavour than the sorghum leaves.

But you simply don't get that original colour without the leaves. The shito is not too difficult to make but requires constant attention and stirring.

I'll get some tips from my old lady and post the proper shito making recipe for you and anyone who might want to try. I'm sure the Nigerian pepper sauce will do for now tho. Add some spag and veggies to your waakye to complete. I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow wink

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2020
Wow!!! Here is really hot today,gbas gbos everywhere
Anyways something light for dinner smiley

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
nanakgh:

The leaves only add some flavor, but a lot of colour. It however adds very little taste, you taste the rice and beans more. I daresay the beans offer even more flavour than the sorghum leaves.

But you simply don't get that original colour without the leaves. The shito is not too difficult to make but requires constant attention and stirring.

I'll get some tips from my old lady and post the proper shito making recipe for you and anyone who might want to try. I'm sure the Nigerian pepper sauce will do for now tho. Add some spag and veggies to your waakye to complete. I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow wink

I'll be expecting both the recipe and your waakye

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
It’s been a while. Here’s some delicious rich meat pie smiley

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yeyeosoronga: 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Nne take plantain. tongue
Forget about cakes.

You dey wicked o..
Anyway, your own dey better. At least you post burnt offering. Some people like us are just commentators smiley.

Btw, you've been squeezing some balls too tight, and alfafas are feeling the heat from ya kitchen o.

Local woman is loving this thread..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2020
nanakgh:

Please, can you kindly cook and show us the kontomeri stew and how you eat it with the plantain/yam for us? And a recipe too. I saw a picture of one, and I enjoyed looking at it so much. .. Thanks in anticipation
I will tag you on another thread, to show you pics of the one I saw..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hotworta1:

WTH is this? Looks like what was sacrificed by an Ifa priest to heal a young man with full blown psychosis but was outrightly rejected by the gods.
You for just buy food snap for us bro.

Savage.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tonyfx: 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2020
cococandy:

Please pass me one grin. Happy Valentine's day

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tonyfx: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2020
prestonn, the gods are angry with you for not posting on Valentine's day.

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eWyse: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
Yam and eggs with oven roasted titus fish.

Someone logs in to see pictures of food, only to see a whole page filled with insults.

Adults behaving like babies. Tufiakwa

Wow! I could have sworn those were sweet potatoes! Those eggs though... Yummmy tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eWyse: 9:54pm On Feb 14, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Had to fix something quick for lunch grin

How many packs are those?! shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hammerU: 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
cococandy:

YUM YUM!

WEN I WANT TO SEE FOOD, I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK. wink cool

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
I made one meal like that, and it didnt turn out as nice as I would've loved it. It tasted nice sha, but not so visually appealing
The plantain was too ripe/soft and it got burnt while in the oven too. The fish looked scary too.
I'm not sure if I should post it, but I will cheesy

Viewer's discretion grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IamD18: 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2020
eyinjuege:
I made one meal like that, and it didnt turn out as nice as I would've loved it. It tasted nice sha, but not so visually appealing
The plantain was too ripe/soft and it got burnt while in the oven too. The fish looked scary too.
Kindly add viewers discretion while doing that.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
IamD18:

Kindly add viewers discretion while doing that.

Thanks.
Added
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by desire222(f): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
cococandy:
This is awesome, please I need two of these with one chilled glass of soda, yeah make it diet soda. Thanks. � Lol

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LadySwitz: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2020
Prestonn:

Lol Mr Preston u funny

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Papanwamaikpe: 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2020
eWyse:

How many packs are those?! shocked
3packs of super pack grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Papanwamaikpe: 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
cococandy:
make shawama cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LadySwitz: 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
eyinjuege:

Viewer's discretion grin

Dearie you are funny. Nice dish. Though the fish looks like it's still alive and scared of being killed.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LadySwitz: 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2020
cococandy:

So rich and looks yummy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) ... (3476) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.