Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5790945 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 9:53am On Mar 29, 2020
Unusual breakfast for a Sunday morning.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 9:56am On Mar 29, 2020
Rice nd chicken stew for breakfast smiley

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2020
cococandy:

At that time I did. But Now, not so much. Glad I didn’t choose it. cheesy

Cococandy has grown on me. And I still pretty much like coconut candy even though it’s been a while since I last ate it.
cheesy

When I have my two daughters, gonna name one Village the other Kitchen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 9:59am On Mar 29, 2020
cococandy:
thanks smiley.
I choose the theme to go with white sand beaches.
Nice and brilliant idea.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 10:08am On Mar 29, 2020
Village kitchen

@ Peacefulhome here is the recipe.

AFRICA FISH ROLL RECIPE

INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
~Fried or smoked Mackerel
~Vegetable oil
~pepper
~Salt
~Onions Chopped
~Oregano - optional
~curry and thyme
~Sardine in tomato sauce/ optional

INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
~Flour
~baking powder or yeast
~Salt
~nutmeg
~Eggs
~Margarine or Butter
~Sugar
~Evaporated milk/whole milk/ water
~Vegetable oil for frying

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FILLING
1...Take away the bones in the fried Mackerel and share into small pieces.

2...On a medium heat, place your pan and add the vegetable oil.

3...Add your onions,thyme, curry, pepper, oregano and salt stir everything together and allow to simmer for about 1 minute.

5...Add the fried mackerel and the sardine in tomato sauce and stir everything together to fry about 2-4 minutes. After frying, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DOUGH
1....In a small cup add warm water and yeast. Set aside for few minutes

2...Use a stand mixer or by hand, mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt, margarine/butter, and egg, mix well until the ingredients have been fully incorporated.

3...Add the yeast to the flour mixture and mix, start adding the water bit by bit until the dough is properly formed.

4....Cover and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.

5....Take the dough from the bowl and drop it on a floured surface and knead until it's smooth.

6....Place it on a rolling mat or a floured clean surface, and divide it to the number of pieces you want.

7...Start rolling out with a rolling pin. Add about 1 tablespoon of fish mixture of one of the narrow end and roll it up. Repeat the process until you roll out all the dough and Set aside.

8.Deep fry each fish roll in a hot oil until golden brown and serve warm.

I prefer to dunk mine in ketchup or mayonnaise.

Note: Don't overcrowd the pan because it will absorb excess oil.

Feliz Domingo

34 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:

cheesy

lol, I think u will name one foreign and another local...Then surname cuisine..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2020
cococandy:
One time I made coconut candy and I really loved it.

I sat in one place and ate a whole bowlful of it, came back to Nairaland and changed my moniker from L to Cococandy.

True story.
Interesting
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nn3muka(f): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2020
Boiled potato in egg sauce

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2020
Munzy14:

lol, I think u will name one foreign and another local...Then surname cuisine..cheesy
Nice suggestions cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 10:29am On Mar 29, 2020
Akposy:

I miss your post here.

Kindly come back and isolate with us
Thanks Boss much respect.

Feliz Domingo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2020
Oatmeal cookies

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peacefulhome(f): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

@ Peacefulhome here is the recipe.

AFRICA FISH ROLL RECIPE

INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
~Fried or smoked Mackerel
~Vegetable oil
~pepper
~Salt
~Onions Chopped
~Oregano - optional
~curry and thyme
~Sardine in tomato sauce/ optional

INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
~Flour
~baking powder or yeast
~Salt
~nutmeg
~Eggs
~Margarine or Butter
~Sugar
~Evaporated milk/whole milk/ water
~Vegetable oil for frying

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FILLING
1...Take away the bones in the fried Mackerel and share into small pieces.

2...On a medium heat, place your pan and add the vegetable oil.

3...Add your onions,thyme, curry, pepper, oregano and salt stir everything together and allow to simmer for about 1 minute.

5...Add the fried mackerel and the sardine in tomato sauce and stir everything together to fry about 2-4 minutes. After frying, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DOUGH
1....In a small cup add warm water and yeast. Set aside for few minutes

2...Use a stand mixer or by hand, mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt, margarine/butter, and egg, mix well until the ingredients have been fully incorporated.

3...Add the yeast to the flour mixture and mix, start adding the water bit by bit until the dough is properly formed.

4....Cover and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.

5....Take the dough from the bowl and drop it on a floured surface and knead until it's smooth.

6....Place it on a rolling mat or a floured clean surface, and divide it to the number of pieces you want.

7...Start rolling out with a rolling pin. Add about 1 tablespoon of fish mixture of one of the narrow end and roll it up. Repeat the process until you roll out all the dough and Set aside.

8.Deep fry each fish roll in a hot oil until golden brown and serve warm.

I prefer to dunk mine in ketchup or mayonnaise.

Note: Don't overcrowd the pan because it will absorb excess oil.

Feliz Domingo

Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:

Thanks Dear.

For me, I don't take sugar... here is another method I always use.

INGREDIENTS
Coconut oil
Honey or maple syrup

1...On a medium heat, place your pan and add your coconut oil

2... Add your grated coconut. and stir for few minutes, add your honey or Maple syrup and mix thoroughly

3...Transfer the hot coconut candy into a wide tray to cool.

NOTE: It won't be crunchy like the sugar method.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2020
Yuneehk:
Beautiful looking.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2020
Akposy:
Oatmeal cookies
You are almost at the next level o...kudos!
What are the steps u took to achieve this cookies.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2020
cococandy:
Thank you. I actually do all that. Except the warm water rinse. Next time I clean the tank, I’ll try it.

Something tells me my type of fish are fragile. I haven’t tried any kind except the angel fish and the pleco to eat all the algae . I usually buy feed from PetSmart.

I feel like if I put another kind of fish in there, they might kill each other.

Lmao! I know this is serious to you, but thanks for the laugh!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:37am On Mar 29, 2020
Yuneehk:

How I love my stew. Fry the tomatoes till it begs for mercy. Enjoy nne. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2020
cococandy:

Well someone already took coconutcandy or you guys would have been calling me coconutcandy now grin

I even considered “strawberrysmoothie” grin
Hahahahahahahahahaha @strawberrysmoothie grin

I prefer cococandy to coconutcandy....it's quite creative and catchy
You could even trademark it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2020
pocohantas:

This is why I say people’s income will leak out in their convos. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2020
pocohantas:

grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

Beautiful looking.
I know right, thank you.

pocohantas:

Behave! grin grin
Thank you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2020
ornicus:

This is why I say people’s income will leak out in their convos. cheesy

The next person would see that post and start tearing boxers- like it should be rated 18. It is just their daily interaction. Chineke!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2020
Yuneehk:

I know right, thank you.

Behave! grin grin
Thank you too.
Mariangeles:

grin

Ain’t gat time for this. Off to church mehn.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 11:17am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:

Ok Mami.. Gonna post the recipe later. Thanks

Do you like those Salsa music I uploaded? I think you need to return to practice cheesy
I and my daughter actually had a ball dancing to them. Esp the one by Marc Anthony. wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:

VILLAGE KITCHEN

COCONUT CANDY RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
1 full coconut

2/3 Cup of Granulated sugar or light brown sugar..

Grater

INSTRUCTION
1... Crack the coconut, collect the juice and separate the coconut flesh from the shell.

2.Grate the flesh of the coconut to get long pieces of coconut.

3....Pour the sugar into a dry pan and spread it out. Heat up on medium heat.

4....As the sugar starts to caramelize , at this stage the sugar gonna look like honey and have this golden brown colour. Turn down the heat to low and pour in the grated coconut; mix thoroughly until well incorporated.

5...Transfer the hot coconut candy into a wide tray to cool. You can mould into ball or square shapes and store or serve as desired.

Please try not to add so much sugar, as coconuts are usually naturally sweet. And coconut candy could be addictive cheesy..... Buenos días
Thanks Preston. Not sure I will add that quantity of sugar, like you mentioned coconuts are naturally sweet.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:

VILLAGE KITCHEN

COCONUT CANDY RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
1 full coconut

2/3 Cup of Granulated sugar or light brown sugar..

Grater

INSTRUCTION
1... Crack the coconut, collect the juice and separate the coconut flesh from the shell.

2.Grate the flesh of the coconut to get long pieces of coconut.

3....Pour the sugar into a dry pan and spread it out. Heat up on medium heat.

4....As the sugar starts to caramelize , at this stage the sugar gonna look like honey and have this golden brown colour. Turn down the heat to low and pour in the grated coconut; mix thoroughly until well incorporated.

5...Transfer the hot coconut candy into a wide tray to cool. You can mould into ball or square shapes and store or serve as desired.

Please try not to add so much sugar, as coconuts are usually naturally sweet. And coconut candy could be addictive cheesy..... Buenos días

This is comfort food made good. I love this. One could easily binge on it, just keep eating till you see the end. I normally have mine with very soft bread. I kind of make a sandwich out of it. You've never had bread so crunchy, juicy and bursting with coconut flavour. This is really nice - five stars to you.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2020
pocohantas:

They are so cute and frail looking. You can’t even see the fins until you come closer . The fins are like angel wings. I guess that why they are called angel fish.

It’s indeed serious cheesy

I’m on my third set of them. I’ve lost like 10 cry I have 5 now and they are all the same age. If these ones die, I’ll go for a different type.

Pic credit = internet

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2020
I could right? . It is catchy cheesy
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahahaha @strawberrysmoothie grin

I prefer cococandy to coconutcandy....it's quite creative and catchy
You could even trademark it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2020
pocohantas:

Ain’t gat time for this. Off to church mehn.

You’ve started this morning grin angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2020
Prestonn:

cheesy

grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Recipe please and save some for me. Will come pick it
Akposy:
Oatmeal cookies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
'Lockdown' breakfast;

Beef noodle soup
with mixed vegetables & fresh
home baked bread, washed down
with black coffee.

"COVIK - One Nine" shall suffer a
sudden, precipitous & permanent defeat by the
Grace of The Almighty... Amen!!

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.