Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5750030 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1929) (1930) (1931) (1932) (1933) (1934) (1935) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Abdbravo: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
*Would You Like To Learn 3D & 2D Animation ?*

During this period many are bored at home, some are busy watching entertaining videos while others focuses on improving their personal & professional skills.

*Which category did you fall into?*

I will be teaching you 3D and 2D animation and how I make money from it during this period and beyond. You can finally work for yourself with these skills. They are in high demands but no much professionals.

Join me now and you will never look up to someone for money.

Reach me here now! ������

https:///2349023224596?text=Hello%20there!%20Please%20I'm%20interested%20in%20learning%203D%20and%202D%20animation.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Afobear: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
GboyegaD:

Lansing, MI.
World apart Bro
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
MariaAngeles:

Get out of my mind! grin

I legit was telling someone today about how easy and healthier homemade pasta is...seen it made hundreds of times on TV
Thanks a lot. I might dare to try it.
Does it need salt?

No. Salt should come during boiling. Just two ingredients: eggs and flour. Kneed. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by karli4nia(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
Post food

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Prestonn:

Hola!!!

I know Golden penny is better, can you tell me how you do prepare your Dangote spaghetti? Just summarise if you can.

In a pot of water, I add salt and vegetable oil and let it boil.

once it starts boiling, I add spaghetti and stir continuously to avoid it sticking together. once it is almost done as I don't like my spaghetti fully done, I drain off the excess water and either do stir fry or eaten with sauce.

but despite doing this, it still gets so soggy.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dinner time:
Oatmeal Fufu with smoked Turkey and Shaki garnished Ogbono and dried Okra and Chicken.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 3:08am On Apr 11, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner time:
Oatmeal Fufu with smoked Turkey and Shaki garnished Ogbono and dried Okra and Chicken.
Nice one kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 3:51am On Apr 11, 2020
undecided on top tiny fish eh Akpan mbok ?

Under16:

Oh really? Good to know. Kisses on ur lipskisskiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 3:57am On Apr 11, 2020
Please how do you make your sausage roll?

FutureFocus:

below are required ingredients.

I'd update here when I'm less busy .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 3:57am On Apr 11, 2020
Now I feel weird. Is it my DANGOTE you all are yabbing like this?

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 4:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Hot buns!! Pick one

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Toxicy2kwap: 5:21am On Apr 11, 2020
Huh?? Tomato inside owoh soup??
Could that b d bayelsa method??
ahnie come and c lipsrsealed

Prestonn:

Thanks Brother...Since is your first time, i advice you also check it on YouTube before cooking.. Because the Isokohs, Urhobos, Itsekiris and Bini have different method of cooking this soup...

OWOH SOUP.. Africa kitchen

INGREDIENTS
~ Any meat of your choice
~Smoked Fish
~Seasoning
~Palm Oil
~Tomatoes
~Native salts (Potash or Kanwa)
~Pepper
~Crayfish
~Yellow garri (sieved)/ optional
~salt

PREPARATION

●Boil your meat with just salt and season cube. Once they have cooked, add your blended tomatoes and pepper....Add your smoked fish and crayfish.

●Dissolve your potash in water and add to the pot and bring to boil. Add your garri and stir (I don't use garri )

●Allow it to cook.. In a few minutes you will notice that the addition of the potash has caused the watery stock to thicken a little....Take it off the heat and let it cool down a little, like 10 to15 minutes.

This last stage is like magic.. I prefer you also check it on YouTube to see how it form while stirring in your palm oil to get it right.

●Stir in Palm oil into the pot. The soup will thicken and the colour will change to yellow.

Serve with Starch, boiled ripe plantain, boiled yam or Garri.

NOTE:

* please don't add curry, thyme or onions etc while cooking your meat.. just salt and seasoning cube.

*Taste for salt before adding extra, because the Potash is salty.

* Dont add too much crayfish, because it darkens the soup.

* Don't cover your pot after adding the Potash(native salt)

* It looks creamy

* Use the thick part at the bottom of your palm oil gallon

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iomoge2(f): 5:43am On Apr 11, 2020
Akara.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 5:50am On Apr 11, 2020
Toxicy2kwap:

Never heard or seen such.....!

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2020
Teespice:

In a pot of water, I add salt and vegetable oil and let it boil.

once it starts boiling, I add spaghetti and stir continuously to avoid it sticking together. once it is almost done as I don't like my spaghetti fully done, I drain off the excess water and either do stir fry or eaten with sauce.

but despite doing this, it still gets so soggy.
Ok Thanks very much for the reply, you're a good cook.

Some months back, I do receive alot of complains about this particular Spaghetti, but not anymore, after teaching them my method of cooking Dangoti spaghetti.

I will give you one special recipe later how to cook Dangoti Spaghetti and enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:35am On Apr 11, 2020
Toxicy2kwap:

At home, my name is kitchen Rat because you always see me in the kitchen Cooking, writing recipes, researching, most times I do forget myself and sleep in the kitchen cheesy

Have been to Edo and Delta State, I can't give out recipe without researching, cooking or asking the locals questions. Even some people do add oil and starch while cooking this soup.

Photo below was from the recipe I gave out, please kindly read it again... Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 6:57am On Apr 11, 2020
iomoge2:
Akara.
This your akara looks jolojolo kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Toxicy2kwap: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2020
Nothing do you boss.

I find your versatility in the kitchen quite fascinating. You might not believe it, but i joined nairaland just so i could access your village diary.

But just like d isoko lady, tomatoes in owoh soup is a first for me. Starch is added as thickener, in place of Garri you listed. There's even a special palm oil for it that looks like d bottom oil you mentioned.

I have zero issues with your ingredients. Its just that i fear d presence of tomatoes takes away the nativeness of the soup. But then i guess part of being a good chef is the ability to play around recipes.

Akposy you don chop owoh with tomatoes before?

Prestonn:

At home, my name is kitchen Rat because you always see me in the kitchen Cooking, writing recipes, researching, most times I do forget myself and sleep in the kitchen cheesy

Have been to Edo and Delta State, I can't give out recipe without researching, cooking or asking the locals questions. Even some people do add oil and starch while cooking this soup.

Photo below was from the recipe I gave out, please kindly read it again... Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Toxicy2kwap: 7:23am On Apr 11, 2020
Isoko woman!
So you still dey nairaland.
Long time abeg do post ukodo and banga soup for us jhor

ahnie:

Never heard or seen such.....!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Toxicy2kwap:
Nothing do you boss.

I find your versatility in the kitchen quite fascinating. You might not believe it, but i joined nairaland just so i could access your village diary.

But just like d isoko lady, tomatoes in owoh soup is a first for me. Starch is added as thickener, in place of Garri you listed. There's even a special palm oil for it that looks like d bottom oil you mentioned.

I have zero issues with your ingredients. Its just that i fear d presence of tomatoes takes away the nativeness of the soup. But then i guess part of being a good chef is the ability to play around recipes.

Akposy you don chop owoh with tomatoes before?

Thanks very much I appreciate.

In my recipe I said Edo and Delta.... The Edo people can't cook Owoh soup without adding tomatoes.. while I said he should check it on YouTube first before cooking because Recipes varies..

I think I made a mistake not adding "Optional" beside the Tomatoes.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2020
Kenfil:
Hot buns!! Pick one

I love buns way more than puff puff. Hot buns is to live for and die another day. How did it come out? Really crunchy on the outside and succulent and chewy on the inside? I wish you were close by; I wouldn't mind one or two straight from the frying pan with malt drink. Malta Guinness preferably. This is a sincere comfort food this lockdown period. Well done.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:
me too shock when u said u prefer dangote spag grin

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Toxicy2kwap: 7:50am On Apr 11, 2020
Interesting.
Indeed we learn everyday.

This makes it 2 soups I have to taste when next I visit benin

Their black soup and ogwo.

Thanks boss...keep doing you

Prestonn:

Thanks very much I appreciate.

In my recipe I said Edo and Delta.... The Edo people can't cook Owoh soup without adding tomatoes.. while I said he should check it on YouTube first before cooking because Recipes varies..

I think I made a mistake not adding "Optional" beside the Tomatoes.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2020
breadplanets:
me too shock when u said u prefer dangote spag grin

Now seriously, is the spaghetti that bad? I guess we should wait for Prestonn's method then. I will do Dangote spaghetti on my next visit just for feedback.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pateffy: 8:04am On Apr 11, 2020
diordaves:

Now seriously, is the spaghetti that bad? I guess we should wait for Prestonn's method then. I will do Dangote spaghetti on my next visit just for feedback.

Yes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:09am On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:

You're not weird, you just like Dangote spag grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 8:18am On Apr 11, 2020
Toxicy2kwap:
Interesting.
Indeed we learn everyday.

This makes it 2 soups I have to taste when next I visit benin

Their black soup and ogwo.

Thanks boss...keep doing you

Much respect..

When you get to Benin try to take the soup with ripe boiled plantain this time. cheesy tongue

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Preciouschinwe(f): 8:23am On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:
grin you aren't weird I also prefer Dangote spag.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 8:23am On Apr 11, 2020
diordaves:

A friend was always complaining then, I told her nest time turn it to Tuwo Shinkafa cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 8:24am On Apr 11, 2020
diordaves:

oya do and let us know how far
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2020
diordaves:

I love buns way more than puff puff. Hot buns is to live for and die another day. How did it come out? Really crunchy on the outside and succulent and chewy on the inside? I wish you were close by; I wouldn't mind one or two straight from the frying pan with malt drink. Malta Guinness preferably. This is a sincere comfort food this lockdown period. Well done.

Sacré bleu!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2020
Preciouschinwe:
grin you aren't weird I also prefer Dangote spag.
You both are weird grin
diordaves:

Don't make something large oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1929) (1930) (1931) (1932) (1933) (1934) (1935) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sardynxo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.