Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5791215 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 7:10am On May 22, 2020
pippimp:

Nope. 50.

So let's assume you married at age 20
You mean you are 70?

Dunno why some of y'all think people on here are dumb
Old man just let it rest

Hathor5 and Blueraydick
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:20am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

You mean you are 70?

Old man just let it rest

Hathor5 and Blueraydick

You are trouble. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:20am On May 22, 2020
kennykg:

of the food or me ?

Both. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 4realwoman: 7:24am On May 22, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner:
Amala with Gbegiri and Ewedu and Goat meat stew.
this is what I feel like eating this morning.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 7:27am On May 22, 2020
Hathor5:

You are trouble. grin

He lying and he knows it
**shrugs**

BlueRayDick:

I believe he's teasing, going by the wink emoji in his post.

He better be cos I am about to go furious on his lying assss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 7:28am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

You mean you are 70?

Old man just let it rest

Hathor5 and Blueraydick

A man who has spent 50 years in marriage wouldn't be able to drag his tired ass to the kitchen for sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:29am On May 22, 2020
4realwoman:
Egusi soup

Damn!! damn!!!!! holy Gosh, ye ye! oh Lord

, Lord of Mercy.

Do you want kill us?
DM me with your Curriculum Vitae
I need to fire on chef this morning.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:10am On May 22, 2020
I’ve been craving for fish roll ever since but because of lockdown I couldn’t do anything so immediately wike lifted lockdown yesterday I bought Ingredients.

I wanted to make meat pie but I don’t have money for the ingredientsgrin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:20am On May 22, 2020
I finally made egg roll after watching lots of YouTube videos. @pocohantas

These ones go last me reach Sunday cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

No one here is claiming chef or pro
Drop your own method
Everyone don't use same method
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Fried rice has only one method tongue

every other methods are just preparing jollof rice or concoction rice grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:30am On May 22, 2020
pippimp:

Nope. 50.

For reals? shocked

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:34am On May 22, 2020
Akeem79:

Fried rice has only one method tongue

every other methods are just preparing jollof rice or concoction rice grin

Epele o method man

Goan cook your japanese/Chinese meal oga

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:36am On May 22, 2020
Plead:
I’ve been craving for fish roll ever since but because of lockdown I couldn’t do anything so immediately wike lifted lockdown yesterday I bought Ingredients.

Dayyumm
I want some
I do want some

Fasting is ending today
I can decide to go into the kitchen any damn time of the day

And no
Ingredients for meat pie isn't expensive
You could use just potato, meat and carrot for the filling

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:39am On May 22, 2020
cococandy:
best type of gift. Shows the giver wants you to be healthy
Exactly! smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:39am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

Dayyumm
I want some
I do want some

Fasting is ending today
I can decide to go into the kitchen any damn time of the day

And no
Ingredients for meat pie isn't expensive
You could use just potato, meat and carrot for the filling

Meat is damn costly over here oh.
Ingredients for meat pie are expensive grin

Thanks for the compliment btw wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:49am On May 22, 2020
sleit:

Thanks!
You're welcome smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:54am On May 22, 2020
Plead:

Meat is damn costly over here oh.
Ingredients for meat pie are expensive grin

Thanks for the compliment btw wink

But did you eat all these alone?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

Epele o method man

Goan cook your japanese/Chinese meal oga

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:09am On May 22, 2020
BlueRayDick:

A man who has spent 50 years in marriage wouldn't be able to drag his tired ass to the kitchen for sure

Not if he's a passionate cook.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:11am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

But did you eat all these alone?

Whenever I make fish roll or egg roll I make them in bulk so that they can serve me atleast 4days. I always have visitors too so most of the times I use them for entertainment.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2020
My mushroom shaped bread coated with honey and sesame seeds

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MorningStar233: 9:39am On May 22, 2020
leo047:
Dinner is ready
Bros y..chaaiiij I miss Enugu okpa.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:39am On May 22, 2020
Akposy:
My mushroom shaped bread coated with honey and sesame seeds

u are doing well

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:48am On May 22, 2020
Plead:
I finally made egg roll after watching lots of YouTube videos. @pocohantas

These ones go last me reach Sunday cheesy

Lol, why make so much though?

Naso you like am reach? grin

Post the finished work. cheesy

Plead:

This is serious. You selling?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:12am On May 22, 2020
pippimp:
Can't freaking sleep. So i'm going to share how i make my no fail Jollof rice.

1. Cook your chicken ensuring you have enough of maggi, curry and thyme in it. Also make sure you have enough water left in it to cook the rice. This stage is very important, because the success or failure of the jollof is dependent on how good your stock is.

2. Once it's done, remove the chicken, and set the stock aside.

3. Fry your chicken.

4. Blend your tomato/pepper mix.

5. Put your pot on your stove and add some vegetable oil to heat up.

6. Dice up half an onion and add to the oil to caramelize.

7. Open one tin tomato and once the onion mix caramelizes add the tin tomato and fry it. This part is also very very very important.

8. After five minutes on medium heat, add your tomato/pepper mix.

9. Add your fried chicken. This is a quick way of making peppered chicken.

10. Wash your rice multiple times to remove the starch. I usually do it 7 times to get it all out.

11. Go back to step 9. Once the stew is well cooked, take out the chicken from it.

12. Add your rice to the stew and add the chicken stock. This is another important stage. Make sure the total mix of broth and and stew is not more than half an inch from the top of the rice. If it's more you run the risk of soggy jollof rice.

13. Turn down the heat of the stove to the absolute lowest setting. Rice in general does not need too much heat to cook. What cooks rice is steam.

14. Place foil paper over the pot and then cover it.

After 15 minutes check the rice. Once you've noticed the water has dried up, mix up the rice and cover the pot again then turn of your stove. But keep watch on it. Remember, rice cooks with steam and keeping it covered for too long might over cook it. This is also the best process for fried rice too. Once you can master it, you'll never try another way. My wife loves it when i cook jollof rice. It's one of the reasons why she's stayed with me for 50 years. wink

We are proud of you

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:12am On May 22, 2020
Petyprincess:

Why am i having a feeling you will be cooking fried rice grin grin
I could see okro, mango,orange,banana,ginger etc
We will be expecting blended mixed fruits nd okro soup grin
i could be wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:25am On May 22, 2020
Very accurate. Just that in my case, I always have the tomato/pepper mix. To save my (frying) time. I made another yesterday sef.

pippimp:
Can't freaking sleep. So i'm going to share how i make my no fail Jollof rice.

1. Cook your chicken ensuring you have enough of maggi, curry and thyme in it. Also make sure you have enough water left in it to cook the rice. This stage is very important, because the success or failure of the jollof is dependent on how good your stock is.

2. Once it's done, remove the chicken, and set the stock aside.

3. Fry your chicken.

4. Blend your tomato/pepper mix.

5. Put your pot on your stove and add some vegetable oil to heat up.

6. Dice up half an onion and add to the oil to caramelize.

7. Open one tin tomato and once the onion mix caramelizes add the tin tomato and fry it. This part is also very very very important.

8. After five minutes on medium heat, add your tomato/pepper mix.

9. Add your fried chicken. This is a quick way of making peppered chicken.

10. Wash your rice multiple times to remove the starch. I usually do it 7 times to get it all out.

11. Go back to step 9. Once the stew is well cooked, take out the chicken from it.

12. Add your rice to the stew and add the chicken stock. This is another important stage. Make sure the total mix of broth and and stew is not more than half an inch from the top of the rice. If it's more you run the risk of soggy jollof rice.

13. Turn down the heat of the stove to the absolute lowest setting. Rice in general does not need too much heat to cook. What cooks rice is steam.

14. Place foil paper over the pot and then cover it.

After 15 minutes check the rice. Once you've noticed the water has dried up, mix up the rice and cover the pot again then turn of your stove. But keep watch on it. Remember, rice cooks with steam and keeping it covered for too long might over cook it. This is also the best process for fried rice too. Once you can master it, you'll never try another way. My wife loves it when i cook jollof rice. It's one of the reasons why she's stayed with me for 50 years. wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MorningStar233: 10:31am On May 22, 2020
leo047:
Dinner is ready
Abeg explain how u cooked it...I want mine to look exactly like this
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:13am On May 22, 2020
Plead:

Whenever I make fish roll or egg roll I make them in bulk so that they can serve me atleast 4days. I always have visitors too so most of the times I use them for entertainment.

@pocohantas

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:17am On May 22, 2020
@dyt na una eyes these fish rolls take many oh

I Dey use 4-5 fish rolls take drink tea at once grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 11:29am On May 22, 2020
Plead:
@dyt na una eyes these fish rolls take many oh

I Dey use 4-5 fish rolls take drink tea at once grin

cheesy cheesy
Flashback on how my ex will eat like 8 meatpies in one sitting
Dude was a glutton and gourmand same time
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:34am On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy
Flashback on how my ex will eat like 8 meatpies in one sitting
Dude was a glutton and gourmand same time
grin cheesy cheesy

Five meat pies? Ewo
Highest I’ve eaten is 3 meat pies at a go.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2108) (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.