Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754571 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prestonn:

Your DH is capable, just tell him.

We know him also wink
for real.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:
Where are all those chin-chin oppressors tongue
Before meets after and storage kiss

Hathor come let's have some delicious chinchin wink tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
cococandy:
for real.
We don see he hand work here nah, na today.... cheesy cheesy

I want to be like him when I grow up.. so my wife can also use same signature like yours.

Whenever I see you talking about your DH, to marry go dey sweet me cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Too moody and judgmental right? grin
Seems you have come across them? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Their matter too had.. very judgemental.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
folake4u:

Hehehe, You don't like avocados, cabbage and watermelon? cheesy

Who likes them? grin
Not me...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

Thank you for making up my mind. Ofe akwu it is for next week kiss

Lol. Same here. Thanks chii8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prestonn:

We don see he hand work here nah, na today.... cheesy cheesy

I want to be like him when I grow up.. so my wife can also use same signature like yours.

Whenever I see you talking about your DH, to marry go dey sweet me cheesy cheesy

Lol cheesy. Like you don’t already know what to do.

We are just patiently waiting for the invite. Patiently.
If e pass this year, I’m coming to find you and give you a wife by force.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Who likes them? grin Not me...

What?! shocked Wowwwww. I use avocado to eat rice, bread etc.
Wow, I'm really surprised. But why though?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
A quick concoction rice for lunch
Basic Ingredients:titus,curry,tomato nd pepper.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:
Also made some short bread with a different recipe that didn't require refrigerating.
IMO tastes and feels same tongue

Please gimme recipe for your chinchin and shortbread.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by myke92(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Late Lunch smiley

Usual Sunday move wink

Rice et Bean cake cheesy

Happy Sunday Fam!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Awesomemama: 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

Thanks
Recipe
Flour- 140 grams
Corn flour- 20grams
Icing sugar- 30grams
Butter-100 grams
Vanilla flavour- 1- 2 teaspoon
Salt-1/2 tea spoon.
First of all cream the butter and sugar using a whisk till fluffy
Add the vanilla flour and whisk some more
Seive the flour, corn flour and salt together into the cream.
Use a spatula or flat wooden spoon to mix properly.
Finally use your hand to knead and combine the mixture properly.
Then put in a pan with parchment paper and flatten with hand. Use a cutter to make rectangular shapes and a fork to make the markings and bake for 20- 25mins depending on your oven heat.

* The corn flour is to make it lighter I think because the other recipes I have seen its just flour.

Thanks a lot
Altho I don't have a scale, I'll have to figure out the cup measurement.
One more thing, does white sugar and icing sugar require the same measurement ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prestonn:

cheesy cheesy please be full time..

Gonna recreate your fruit bowl next week cheesy

Some of my friends will no longer invite me to their barbecues. grin Besides, how can I eat egusi without meat or pepper soup? Not possible. lipsrsealed

Really? I can't wait to see the pictures. cheesy
I think I will also do it with a watermelon next time.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Give Cococandy mine. Someone has "colonized" her jollof rice grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
cococandy:

She’s a menace angry

The Goddes of Jollof Rice is not on your side these days. Here you are asking for jollof and she grabs it from under your nose. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Veggie rolls with broccoli, carrots, tomato, spring onions and feta cheese.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sardines salsa**

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Awesomemama:

Thanks a lot
Altho I don't have a scale, I'll have to figure out the cup measurement.
One more thing, does white sugar and icing sugar require the same measurement ?
I am not sure o. Icing sugar is same as confectionery sugar or powdered sugar.
As per measurements, Google should help convert from grams to cups. The only tricky thing there is that grams is universal but cups is not, there are like 3 or more cups measurements ( uk, us, China or so)
For example, this particular recipe said 1 cup of flour or 140grams. Some conversion will call 1 cup of flour as 125grams.
If you want to do more baking infuture, I suggest you invest in a small digital scale. Ranges from.#2'500 to #3500.

Hope I didn't end up confusing you.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prestonn:

Beautiful born cheesy

Please manage this jollof Rice, your favourite cheesy cheesy
This one will go down very well with grilled turkey lap and chilled bottle of something nice... cheesy

It seems u might still head the kitchen department when you settle down for marriage o, or are u going to embark on compulsory retirement from kitchen.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

Give Cococandy mine. Someone has "colonized" her jollof rice grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:
Veggie rolls with broccoli, carrots, tomato, spring onions and feta cheese.

These look nice. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
myke92:
Late Lunch smiley

Usual Sunday move wink

Rice et Bean cake cheesy

Happy Sunday Fam!

You mean moimoi? cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Growing up I never washed beans. Whenever I am asked to do it, I will carry the beans on my head to the backyard. My bro will sneak out with me...

He did the washing, then I carry it back inside again. Sweating like I am the one that washed it.

25yrs later I wanna make moinmoin. I am not gonna regret not learning, I believe there is a way around this. A MODERN way...

Someone should give me the plug grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Growing up I never washed beans. Whenever I am asked to do it, I will carry the beans on my head to the backyard. My bro will sneak out with me...

He did the washing, then I carry it back inside again. Sweating like I am the one that washed it.

25yrs later I wanna make moinmoin. I am not gonna regret not learning, I believe there is a way around this. A MODERN way...

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
folake4u:

What?! shocked Wowwwww.
I use avocado to eat rice, bread etc.

Wow, I'm really surprised. But why though?

I do too, but I can do without it.
I love banana, grapes and pineapple.

I HATE apple. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

Epp me abeg. I have bought moinmoin leaves already. Let me snap and show you. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lunch:
Jollof Rice garnished with a side of mixed veggies and Efo Riro with Goat Meat.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sterope(f): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Use blender

Soak it in water. Pulse it for few seconds. Remove the peels like usual.
pocohantas:

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sterope:
Use blender

Soak it in water. Pulse it for few seconds. Remove the peels like usual.

Just this? Thank you!

Dyt, ntorrrrr! tongue tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LolahJune: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Thank you grin
Hathor5:

Very nice. smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
folake4u:

Please gimme recipe for your chinchin and shortbread.
Thanks.
I have the recipe of the short bread above gotten from a YouTube video.
For the chin-chin I used-
3.5 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
5 table spoon of milk ( I used powdered, if you are using liquid, watch the water you add later)
2 eggs( you can use 1, I wanted it very rich)
50 grams of butter/margarine. ( I used about 40, didn't want it too soft)
I teaspoon of baking powder,
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavour
Some grated nutmeg
A pinch of cinnamon ( very optional)
Method
Seive the flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl
Add your sugar, powdered milk, nut Meg and cinnamon. ( Basically mix all the dry ingredients together with your hands)
Now knead in the butter into the dry ingredients til it's properly integrated. Texture will change.
When butter is fully integrated to the dry ingredients, add in your whisked egg and vanilla flour and knead properly together.
At this point, depending on the type of milk you are using, since I used powdered, I add to add a few drops of water to properly knead the dough with my hands integrating all the ingredients.
Until it doesn't stick to my hands and the bowl and forms a nice smooth ball

Transfer to a work surface and roll out in batches with a rolling pin.( I used a bottle tongue)
Then cut with a knife into desired sizes and fry in hot( not too hot) oil. Till it's golden brown

Don't let it brown too much o, cos it will still brown when it gets down.
Viola kiss
If this post is confusing, abeg check any YouTube video. I started frying chin-chin before the internet came out so I do it old school, with a bit of tweaking wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Nwannemmadu kiss
Leave hathor alone o, she said 30 days abi 365 days tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Munzy14(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.