Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5755086 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Epp me abeg. I have bought moinmoin leaves already. Let me snap and show you. grin

Easiest way

Measure a cup and a half
Perboil for like 5mins(I do instead of soaking)
Put them in your blender (blend like 2 secs per touch for like 2 mins) by then the brown skin must have peeled with the blending
Pour in a bowl and wash off the skin

Then put back in your blender
Add pepper and onions (no tomato)
Add water
Then blend till your satisfaction (I mean till you can see it's smooth)

Pour in a bowl
Add sauce
Salt
Your boiled fish/crayfish or whatever you want
Palm oil/groundout oil (whichever)

Then fold your leaf(I can't describe that one as na nylon I been they use)
Pour in whatever wrap, add your boiled egg if you want

In your pot, have the stem lay underneath
Add water
Then arrange your wrapped moi moi
Cover with a nylon or something to steam
Cook for over 30mins
Depending
Some takes 40mins to 1hr 40mins

I hope I haven't confused you sha
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Just this? Thank you!

Dyt, ntorrrrr! tongue tongue

When I already typed epistle?
Aiye miii

Taking back my post
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:
Veggie rolls with broccoli, carrots, tomato, spring onions and feta cheese.
Hathor, you know it's recipe I will ask for nah wink

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

Give Cococandy mine. Someone has "colonized" her jollof rice grin
she agreed to share after all

Besides I’m not too interested in chin chin.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by andrewtosin(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Growing up I never washed beans. Whenever I am asked to do it, I will carry the beans on my head to the backyard. My bro will sneak out with me...

He did the washing, then I carry it back inside again. Sweating like I am the one that washed it.

25yrs later I wanna make moinmoin. I am not gonna regret not learning, I believe there is a way around this. A MODERN way...

Someone should give me the plug grin grin

I used to hate it ehn. Person would watch more than 10 times cry
I cooked moin-moin once in school - in my final year, in between 1st and 2nd semester
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

Nwannemmadu kiss
Leave hathor alone o, she said 30 days abi 365 days tongue

She gave up her share to Coco already cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

The Goddes of Jollof Rice is not on your side these days. Here you are asking for jollof and she grabs it from under your nose. cheesy
Who God has blessed...... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Awesomemama: 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

I am not sure o. Icing sugar is same as confectionery sugar or powdered sugar.
As per measurements, Google should help convert from grams to cups. The only tricky thing there is that grams is universal but cups is not, there are like 3 or more cups measurements ( uk, us, China or so)
For example, this particular recipe said 1 cup of flour or 140grams. Some conversion will call 1 cup of flour as 125grams.
If you want to do more baking infuture, I suggest you invest in a small digital scale. Ranges from.#2'500 to #3500.

Hope I didn't end up confusing you.

Well explained. Thanks much kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

When I already typed epistle?
Aiye miii

Taking back my post
angry angry angry

Lmao. I am sorry Ma.

I remain loyal. Thanks to you and Sterope.
I am almost done. Let me now prepare psychologically for the leaf-wrapping. grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I am sorry Ma.

Not accepted
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by myke92(m): 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

You mean moimoi? cheesy

Lol..yes.. Moi-moi grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

I do too, but I can do without it. I love banana, grapes and pineapple.
I HATE apple. cheesy

Oh okay, I understand you now.
I don't like apples too, the feeling is mutual grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

I have the recipe of the short bread above gotten from a YouTube video.
For the chin-chin I used-
3.5 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
5 table spoon of milk ( I used powdered, if you are using liquid, watch the water you add later)
2 eggs( you can use 1, I wanted it very rich)
50 grams of butter/margarine. ( I used about 40, didn't want it too soft)
I teaspoon of baking powder,
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavour
Some grated nutmeg
A pinch of cinnamon ( very optional)
Method
Seive the flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl
Add your sugar, powdered milk, nut Meg and cinnamon. ( Basically mix all the dry ingredients together with your hands)
Now knead in the butter into the dry ingredients til it's properly integrated. Texture will change.
When butter is fully integrated to the dry ingredients, add in your whisked egg and vanilla flour and knead properly together.
At this point, depending on the type of milk you are using, since I used powdered, I add to add a few drops of water to properly knead the dough with my hands integrating all the ingredients.
Until it doesn't stick to my hands and the bowl and forms a nice smooth ball

Transfer to a work surface and roll out in batches with a rolling pin.( I used a bottle tongue)
Then cut with a knife into desired sizes and fry in hot( not too hot) oil. Till it's golden brown

Don't let it brown too much o, cos it will still brown when it gets down.
Viola kiss
If this post is confusing, abeg check any YouTube video. I started frying chin-chin before the internet came out so I do it old school, with a bit of tweaking wink

Thanks so much Babe smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

Who God has blessed...... grin cheesy

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
cutiereborn:

Hathor, you know it's recipe I will ask for nah wink

I have typed countless recipes, not once have I seen someone actually use them. undecided
Not even the 5-minute-microwave-chocolate-cake. The easiest of all.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

These look nice. smiley

Thank you. smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

I have typed countless recipes, not once have I seen someone actually use them. undecided
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

Of all people Kevin is telling me to relax. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

Of all people Kevin is telling me to relax. grin

Good thing
The last name sounds like your moniker
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

Good thing
The last name sounds like your moniker
grin cheesy cheesy grin

You have stretched its sound the same way you stretched the meaning of diet. grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Growing up I never washed beans. Whenever I am asked to do it, I will carry the beans on my head to the backyard. My bro will sneak out with me...

He did the washing, then I carry it back inside again. Sweating like I am the one that washed it.

25yrs later I wanna make moinmoin. I am not gonna regret not learning, I believe there is a way around this. A MODERN way...

Someone should give me the plug grin grin

Am I late?

I usually soak mine for about 20 mins, put it in a blender and pulse for about 30 secs. On-off-on-off a few times until the skin separates from the beans. Doesn’t take more than a minute and then rinse under running water until all the skin drains away.
By the time my oil is hot, I’m done blending and seasoning the beans for akara.
Same method for moi moi

Here’s a video for visuals. She says soak for an hour. To me that’s not necessary maybe it depends on the type of beans she used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaKJ7d88o8Y

Also your brother is is the real deal smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

You're just so cute grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

You have stretched its sound the same way you stretched the meaning of diet. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sterope:
Use blender

Soak it in water. Pulse it for few seconds. Remove the peels like usual.

Lol I didn’t even see this. Oya poco bring the moi moi here. It must be ready by now.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

I swear, we're twins grin
I thought I was the only one who found that cute and funny cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

I swear, we're twins grin
I thought I was the only one who found that cute and funny cheesy

I bet she rolled her eyes after typing that too
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

You're just so cute grin

cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

I bet she rolled her eyes after typing that too
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Why you people teasing me now?
I have been waiting and waiting for my recipes to translate into pictures.
Nothing. undecided
And now you think it is funny.
God knows why. cheesy

Cc: Mariangeles

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

Why you people teasing me now?
I have been waiting and waiting for my recipes to translate into pictures.
Nothing. undecided
And now you think it is funny.
God knows why. cheesy

Cc: Marianeles

So you are not dropping anymore?
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dyt:

So you are not dropping anymore?
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hathor5:

So we are not allowed to ask for recipe again undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.