Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754950 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2553) (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
emyfelix:
Breakfast!

First time posting here grin
I miss this drink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
DoyaPlace:
Eba × Eforiro �

If you are in Abuja and pounded yam is your preferred swallow, I can supply you yams for as low as N1,900 for 5 big tubers, N1,400 for 5 medium tubers and N2,000 for 10 small sizes wink

Happy Sunday foodlanders kiss

now I wish I was in Abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Vegetable sauce for boiled yam..

37 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
Some nights ago.. Homemade barbecue catfish and boli.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tobbydy(f): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
[quote author=queenfav post=98157533]Some nights ago.. Homemade barbecue catfish and boli.[/quote4]
Oh lama,recipe pls
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
queenfav:

See big fish o. shocked shocked

Na Buhari be queenfav president too?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
pocohantas:

See big fish o. shocked shocked
Na Buhari be queenfav president too?
na museveni oo..lolz

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
[quote author=tobbydy post=98157748][/quote]Okies...
Firstly, you would need a Halogen Air fryer/Oven.
Ingredients -
Catfish
Ripe plantain
3-4 fresh tomatoes
Fresh pepper
2 tablespoon of Vegetable oil
Ginger
Garlic
Lime
Knorr cubes
Curry, thyme, Salt
DIRECTIONS -
1.Wash the Catfish and make an incision on one side, below the head to remove the dirt and grit inside.
2.Make the grilling incisions (as much as u require) on both sides of the fish. That's to ensure that the spice can circulate properly.
3.After that, cut open one lime.. Use it to clean the body of the fish. It will help reduce the sliminess.
4.Keep the fish aside to mix the spice for the fish.
SPICE MAKING
1.Grind half of the fresh pepper with onions.. Ensure u add enough water to d level of the pepper so that it won't be too smooth.
2.After grinding, sieve out water from d pepper /onion mixture already blended.That's to ensure that the spice mixed doesn't end up being too watery, so it doesn't pour out of the incisions made on the fish.
3.Grate ginger and garlic into small particles, then keep aside
3.Put the sieved pepper/onion mix in a bowl.. Add two spoons of groundnut oil. Add the ginger and garlic grated. Also add one tablespoon of thyme, half tablespoon of curry, then two Knorr cubes. Mix all together and into a paste
4.Get a spoon and start filling d incisions made on d fish. Fill both sides of the fish with d mixed spice. You can use any remnant spice to fill d head and belly area.
5.The fish is ready to be Grilled
6.Peel the plantain and place on one of d baking trays
7.Place the fish in a curved position inside another baking tray.
8.Arrange it into the oven and time it to 25 mins.
9.While that is in d oven, you can then fry a pepper sauce to eat the boli and also coat the fish when ready
PEPPER SAUCE DIRECTIONS
1.Slice 2 onions, grind tomatoes and pepper and also grate some ginger and garlic. Then keep aside
2.Heat one big cooking spoon of vegetable oil
3.Add the onions, and stirfry for a minute
4.pour in the grinded pepper and tomatoes
5.Add the grated ginger and garlic
6.Stir and cover to cook for 5 mins or till its dry
7.Add knorr cubes and little salt
8.Lower the cooker so it can simmer, before turning it off.
By now the plantain and fish should be ready
To serve it, you have to coat the fish with the pepper sauce (back and front). You can also squeeze some lime on it too, if you are into that.
The fish and boli can be served with coleslaw also. Another fun way to eat the boli is cut one side of d boli, and fill it with the pepper sauce. It would look like a hot dog. Or you can just dip the boli into d sauce, while eating d fish..
PS-Ensure you don't eat heavily the day u make this. Its best eaten on an almost empty stomach because it very filling.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kizito55: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
cococandy:
now I wish I was in Abuja
Where in Abuja are you?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2021
queenfav:

Are you married?

Jez asking for a friend. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
Kizito55:

Where in Abuja are you?
not in Abuja
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Kizito55:

Where in Abuja are you?

She wished she was in Abj - don't you understand simple English?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Breakfast.
Waiting for my tea, grin
2)Tea's here alas cheesy

No be the same bread and butter u chop last night?

Having same with tea coz say na morning...lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by empress101(f): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sunday jellof,salad n dodo sitting pretty... kiss

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
DoyaPlace:
Eba × Eforiro �

If you are in Abuja and pounded yam is your preferred swallow, I can supply you yams for as low as N1,900 for 5 big tubers, N1,400 for 5 medium tubers and N2,000 for 10 small sizes wink

Happy Sunday foodlanders kiss

Looks dope! ✨✨✨

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
queenfav:
na museveni oo..lolz

grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
KanuSE:

Are you married?
Jez asking for a friend. smiley
lol, I am married.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
Egg fried rice with fresh tomato stew.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
KanuSE:

No be the same bread and butter u chop last night?

Having same with tea coz say na morning...lol.
Yes ooo.
Shebi I cry out here say I no get funds to buy food.
Help me with 1k na bro,I go give you back for month end. cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by fairytale(f): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Yes ooo.
Shebi I cry out here say I no get funds to buy food.
Help me with 1k na bro,I go give you back for month end. cry

Lol cheesy Logobenz u no go kee person grin

Don't worry you're in safe hands with Pocohantas and Cococandy in the building - they're cheerful givers. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

Cooking egg fried rice with ofada no make sense o... walahi. smiley

The chicken looks inviting though.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
KanuSE:

Cooking egg fried rice with ofada no make sense o... walahi. smiley

The chicken looks inviting though.

E make sense die! smiley

I know. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
queenfav:
lol, I am married.

Oga is lucky...damn!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
KanuSE:

Lol cheesy Logobenz u no go kee person grin

Don't worry you're in safe hands with Pocohantas and Cococandy in the building - they're cheerful givers. grin
I beg poco and coco for money yesterday you no see say them no answer me? undecided
You still want make I beg people weh clearly no want help me?
Na wa for you oo bros.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanuSE: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
I beg poco and coco for money yesterday you no see say them no answer me? undecided
You still want make I beg people weh clearly no want help me?
Na wa for you oo bros.

Lol cheesy

Na bro, those two chicks are generous trust me, you will know from their cooking. grin

Girls wey no sabi cook are terrible, never generous.

You need a sure woman in ya life so she can get you out of this wilderness. grin

#Hungerbad

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Drenimarcus(m): 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
I will never be impressed with technology until I can download food from this section angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
KanuSE:

Oga is lucky...damn!
aww, thanks bro
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by salford1: 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
mariahAngel:
Interestingly, I just finished eating same.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by salford1: 8:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Egg fried rice with shrimp, spinach and oven grilled jerk chicken.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
salford1:

Interestingly, I just finished eating same.

Nice.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DoyaPlace: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

Looks dope! ✨✨✨

Thanks wink unrelated but how did you get those star emojis to show here? Everytime I try using any emoji aside the NL ones, it shows as question mark.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2553) (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) ... (3478) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.