Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5759375 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2616) (2617) (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
karli4nia:
Please for those of y'all who grew up in the village..

What is this fruit? called, in English..

I think it's called Uchechi in Igbo..

Cc
Cococandy
Mariangeles
uchechi kwa.... Hehehehehe..... Its Nchichi I think that's owerri dialect. Abancheleke, icheku, lickylicky etc.... English name na velvet tamarind

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gstelly: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
Soup made with only 350 student Life no easy ... Even the 350 pain me since it's my last but belle first grin

38 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Food

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 2:58am On Apr 15, 2021
Breakfast:
Beans with half bagel topped with garlic, but, and marble cheese.

Lunch:
Left over Carbonara, fried egg, with the other half of bagel topped with garlic, but, and marble cheese.

Dinner:
Loaded potato bacon soup topped with marble cheese and parsley flakes and a side of bread topped with butter.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ukcatlover(m): 11:04am On Apr 15, 2021
Dinner is ready, come and join me. Stew, rice and salad.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Beremx(f): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
descarado:

Yes, u got it right.
That bitter and soured black stuff added to it is ùkpaka.

It's not even sweet o cheesy
But it's filled with nutrients and is naturally probiotics cos of fermentation process. People of old didn't go to school but they seem to know more than us when it comes to healthy food.

Now, it's pizza, burger, chips and chicken. It's well grin

How u dey?
it’s called oil bean in English
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
I love me a good bowl of soup .

Last picture. Yum
GboyegaD:
Breakfast:

Lunch:
Left over Carbonara, fried egg, with the other half of bagel topped with garlic, but, and marble cheese.

Dinner:
Loaded potato bacon soup topped with marble cheese and parsley flakes and a side of bread topped with butter.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
cococandy:

Last picture. Yum
What do you use to wash your pots?
Like Dutch oven or stainless especially when heavily stained?

Yeah, like your le crueset. I remembered now u have some.

That's why I like our naija pots. Use iron sponge and viola.
Sometimes you even add sand grin
All these beautiful nonsense tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
Beremx:
it’s called oil bean in English
You are absolutely right kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
Whole roasted chicken

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
descarado:

What do you use to wash your pots?
Like Dutch oven or stainless especially when heavily stained?

Yeah, like your le crueset. I remembered now u have some.

That's why I like our naija pots. Use iron sponge and viola.
Sometimes you even add sand grin
All these beautiful nonsense tongue
I just use a regular sponge. Sometimes I have to let sit overnight to soak but usually the stains come off easily. The stainless steels I have now wash really easily.

I’ve had to throw away some pots in the past because they stick too much and very difficult to wash. Wahala no dey finish.

Lol @ beautiful nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by shilz(f): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
SegFault:

I hate that shit ehn tastes like substandard nutri-c, the name is tamarind by the way.
some are very sweet...try wetting with water before licking

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SirMichael1: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
ukcatlover:
Easter food in the making.
I just saw that you baked your chicken. I only know how to dry mine and knowing that that isn't healthy, I want to learn to bake. Help me out please.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
cococandy:
Whole roasted chicken

Looks delicious.❤

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
ukcatlover:
Dinner is ready, come and join me. Stew, rice and salad.

The rice and stew is calling for me. Mmmm!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
GboyegaD:
Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

What is the closest Nigerian herb you can compare parsley with?

I follow a food blogger who adds it to everything. Including eggs.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

Looks delicious.❤
thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
cococandy:
I just use a regular sponge. Sometimes I have to let sit overnight to soak but usually the stains come off easily. The stainless steels I have now wash really easily.

I’ve had to throw away some pots in the past because they stick too much and very difficult to wash. Wahala no dey finish.

Lol @ beautiful nonsense.

Guess I will use your approach then.
Thank you.

The thing tire me cheesy
You will buy pot, come dey think of what to use in washing it.

Naija tower pots na the best.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

I am not sure ooo perhaps @cococandy or @hathor or @akposy can help.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
cococandy:

Last picture. Yum

Thanks, it tasted great too.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

Use tyme.
Some prefer tyme to parsley.

But if you want to get an unique taste, combine tyme and black pepper.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
descarado:

Use tyme.
Some prefer tyme to parsley.

But if you want to get an unique taste, combine tyme and black pepper.

OK. Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2021
GboyegaD:

I am not sure ooo perhaps @coc.ocandy or @ha.thor or @akposy can help.
Celery, cilantro or rosemary
cc MariahAngel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

What it comes to Igbo foods, ukwa is a god!

The whole process, from when it falls, rots, gets cleaned and dehulled is like a ritual. Omg!
grin

Very easy....Igba ukwa..smh

Assignment my mom use to give us during holidays while growing up....grandma will load that thing and send to her...She will give us assignment....

The process is somehow but worth the 150 /per cup sold in the market.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Munzy14:

grin

Very easy....Igba ukwa..smh

Assignment my mom use to give us during holidays while growing up....grandma will load that thing and send to her...She will give us assignment....

The process is somehow but worth the 150 /per cup sold in the market.

I si o di nfe? cheesy

For real?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
Akposy:

Celery, cilantro or rosemary

cc Mariah.Angel

Thanks Akpos.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

I si o di nfe? cheesy

For real?

O di na...For we weh grow with am...we use am pass time while growing up...The tree weh my grandma planted when she was in her twenties...She don die @105, but the tree still deh fruit..Na village people get am now...cheesy

If ukwa hungry u...na 1500 for 10cups...To save me the process...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waploger(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
cococandy:
Whole roasted chicken

nne biko do you sell this?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
waploger:

nne biko do you sell this?
that’s funny cheesy. No I don’t

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waploger(m): 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
cococandy:
that’s funny cheesy. No I don’t

you are killing me with these photos, if technology could allow one to percieve the aroma. keep it up... NL chef
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kale, Chicken and avocado salad.
Home made chocolate chip cookies and coffee for dessert

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
waploger:

you are killing me with these photos, if technology could allow one to percieve the aroma. keep it up... NL chef
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2616) (2617) (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: UmmuFarah, Anitoya, JstBrave(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.