Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,237 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5780856 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emmyreal4(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
Akposy:

True.
Uziza? Isn't that alligator pepper?

I get it cheaply here in Jos....for as low as 100 naira. My herb/spice guy sells almost all the spices and herb one can think of....they are affordable.
Thank God for Jos cheesy
you don't know Uziza leave, used in preparing soups?

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
Akposy:

True.

I get it cheaply here in Jos....for as low as 100 naira. My herb/spice guy sells almost all the spices and herb one can think of....they are affordable.
Thank God for Jos cheesy
No...uziza is hot leaf.

It's seed is the black pepper.

Alligator pepper is called "Ose Oji" in Igbo..Very tiny but hot.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Munzy14:

No...uziza is hot leaf.

Alligators and black pepper are ever present in juju concoction in Nigeria. I remembered what I was little- dibia would rub it on those funny marks they cut on you and said funny incantations grin I was surprised to see my adopted country using them in regular cooking grin...and has a grand name for each...now I rarely cook without spices, black pepper, Alligators etc
grin oh my Africa grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
I don’t like how my food picture looks when the quality reduces.
Seun, how’s about we upgrade nairaland naaa!? Make it a bit more colorful.
Man pikin don taya for the low quality. Not encouraging. undecided
Even the backlight too much for some people eyes!
Let’s have dark mode option too.

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mariangeles:
I support this!

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mvena:

I support this!

See as my Genny fine finish. Adamaramma! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
Akposy:

True.

Thank God for Jos cheesy
No it’s not alligator pepper

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 12:03am On Feb 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Your food quality good for my eyes. Wetin you dey see that I don't see- eba = rice or meat = meatless or olive oil stew = ofe akwu ?
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:23am On Feb 01, 2022
Akposy:
Homemade ripe boli and peppered Kpomo sauce. The boli was air fried
heavenly Father I summon you to bless this man with more money, more wealth, and more wives. it shall be well with you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:28am On Feb 01, 2022
Munzy14:

Most people think black pepper is that cameroon pepper..good you made that correction.

In my tribe black pepper is called mkpuru uziza.

It is a gold mine nowadays...

what is mkpuru in English
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:34am On Feb 01, 2022
Munzy14:

No...uziza is hot leaf.

what do they called the following in English: ukazi, akwara, achara, onugbu
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:36am On Feb 01, 2022
armyofone:

Alligators and black pepper are ever present in juju concoction in Nigeria. I remembered what I was little- dibia would rub it on those funny marks they cut on you and said funny incantations grin I was surprised to see my adopted country using them in regular cooking grin...and has a grand name for each...now I rarely cook without spices, black pepper, Alligators etc
grin oh my Africa grin
why is it called alligator pepper? Do alligators secrete pepper?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:40am On Feb 01, 2022
Mvena:
I support this!
Genevieve or omotola?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:43am On Feb 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

See as my Genny fine finish. Adamaramma! cheesy
reminds me of silent scandal, lionheart, Sharon, ije, most wanted, passion and super love
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Carot: 12:46am On Feb 01, 2022
armyofone:

Your food quality good for my eyes. Wetin you dey see that I don't see- eba = rice or meat = meatless or olive oil stew = ofe akwu ?
cheesy
that reminds me. I want to chop ofe akwu
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 12:55am On Feb 01, 2022
Carot:
why is it called alligator pepper? Do alligators secrete pepper?

Good question � maybe for the sharp peppery taste ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 12:55am On Feb 01, 2022
Carot:
that reminds me. I want to chop ofe akwu

Me too cool

Share the soup if you find it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:13am On Feb 01, 2022
Emmyreal4:
you don't know Uziza leave, used in preparing soups?
I know it. However, I was confused because some peeps call alligator seeds black peppercorn.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:15am On Feb 01, 2022
cococandy:

No it’s not alligator pepper
Thank you.

Happy new month all! May we deliver value to humanity this month and beyond.

Munzy14:

No...uziza is hot leaf.

Thanks for the clarification. Alligator seeds are super hot

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:17am On Feb 01, 2022
Carot:
heavenly Father I summon you to bless this man with more money, more wealth, and more wives. it shall be well with you
Amen to the wealth part. I don't need wives biko cheesy. No day summon God like that o....abeg

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lahips: 4:51am On Feb 01, 2022
While reading this, I just predicted you won't want the wives part of the prayer, Lol and behold, your message below.

Akposy:

Amen to the wealth part. I don't need wives biko cheesy. No day summon God like that o....abeg

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:10am On Feb 01, 2022
True - because after dem chop great food and cakes finish, they will be breaking plate on top person head because oga Akposy gave wifey # 3 plenty meat.

Akposy:

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 5:19am On Feb 01, 2022
Dinner:

Crispy chicken and coleslaw.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2022
Carot:
Genevieve or omotola?
Genevieve

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 6:19am On Feb 01, 2022
armyofone:

grin oh my Africa grin
Hmmmm!!!
That's African traditional beliefs which is still a heritage practice.

The cut na for Ogbanje children na grin
Were you that stubborn those days?
What was the reason for the Incision?
Is it ode-eshi?

The foreign countries make use of these spices more than what we use them for here....Some households here may not get to use black pepper for a whole year in any of there meal.

Now, export people are now sending these spices out of the country since Covid issues..In fact they are somehow scarce here...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2022
Carot:
what is mkpuru in English
Mkpuru can mean different things depending on the context it ia being used..

In this context, it is seed that is Uziza seed.

When a package is in smaller portions, you can use mkpuru, Like the Crystal meth youths are using to get wasted these days, My people call it "meth "..

Mmiri is water representing the crystalline form of the methamphetamine.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 6:35am On Feb 01, 2022
Carot:
what do they called the following in English: ukazi, akwara, achara, onugbu
I don't know if there is a specific name for these things in English..As some appear to be core African stuffs..

Ukazi........Something Africanum.. cheesy

Onugbu...bitter leaf.

Achara...Grass grin the edible one consumed by Abia people.

Akwara can be vein in human body, could be root for trees, can as well be tough for meat...like those tough meat they use in Iya awero buka stew, if you mistakenly draw the meat, na pepper go enter your eye... grin

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 7:05am On Feb 01, 2022
Palatable on Chinese new year

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2022
armyofone:

cheesy

Anytime I post ikokore, I see dodo. I don’t know how that happens. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2022
Munzy14:

I don't know if there is a specific name for these things in English..As some appear to be core African stuffs..

Ukazi........Something Africanum.. cheesy

Onugbu...bitter leaf.

Achara...Grass grin the edible one consumed by Abia people.

Akwara can be vein in human body, could be root for trees, can as well be tough for meat...like those tough meat they use in Iya awero buka stew, if you mistakenly draw the meat, na pepper go enter your eye... grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Hot akara grin
I used a hand mixer to get the perfect fluffy mix

37 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Veggies and dumplings stir fry

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Blakhole10, Mommadd(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.