Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,976 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5788739 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2878) (2879) (2880) (2881) (2882) (2883) (2884) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DenreleDave(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
OMG... what is that soup ... see all that oyel on top. Na crayfish be that Abi wetin? undecided

Na ofada soup be that na..... Na crayfish...

Who go cook this abeg make i come
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
OMG... what is that soup ... see all that oyel on top. Na crayfish be that Abi wetin? undecided

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Wetin do the oyel?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Wetin do the oyel?
I don't like drinking oyel! undecided
The soup looks rich and tasty otherwise. I fit just chop only the soup bellefulundecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I don't like drinking oyel! undecided

It’s necessary when making ayamase.

Besides, you don’t have to add the oyel to your food.

The soup looks rich and tasty otherwise. I fit just chop only the soup belleful. undecided

It is best enjoyed with rice or eko for maximum satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mariangeles:
It’s necessary when making ayamase.

Besides, you don’t have to add the oyel to your food.
Not entirely true abeg! My sister knows to make Ayamase with less than half of all that oil. I'm fact she made a whole lot of it during the holiday which we all happily ate. undecided

You would have to seriously strain that soup there to get much of the oyel out abeg! In fact for me the Oyel na serious turn off. undecided

I like to make a meal ot of soup. Maybe eat it with noodles instead of any heavy stuff like rice. grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not entirely true abeg! My sister knows to make Ayamase with less than half of all that oil. I'm fact she made a whole lot of it during the holiday which we all happily ate. undecided

You would have to seriously strain that soup there to get much of the oyel out abeg! In fact for me the Oyel na serious turn off. undecided

Go tell Iya sikira Iya alamala that one cheesy

I like to make a meal ot of soup. Maybe eat it with noodles instead of any heavy stuff like rice. grin

Eko nko?
I think it’s lighter and healthier.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mariangeles:
Go tell Iya sikira Iya alamala that one cheesy

Eko nko?
I think it’s lighter and healthier.
I stopped eating at those places cause of the oyel problem. Started learning to make those foods myself so I can get the same taste with less of the oyel. undecided

The way Eko slithers down my throat... I am not really a fan. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I stopped eating at those places cause of the oyel problem. Started learning to make those foods myself so I can get the same taste with less of the oyel. undecided

The oyel necessary na…otherwise, e no go fry well well sad

The way Eko slithers down my throat... I am not really a fan. lipsrsealed

Really?

By the way, what happened to Kobojunkie?
She dey serve ban?
Maybe she don go interrogate Oluwaseun. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mariangeles:
The oyel necessary na…otherwise, e no go fry well well sad
Really?
By the way, what happened to Kobojunkie?
She dey serve ban?
Maybe she don go interrogate Oluwaseun. cheesy
I prefer to fry/cook with less oil in that case. Another way is to sift off much of that oil after the frying is done - for reuse or something. That way it is not consumed. undecided

Also, I find Eko is not really filling. I liken it to eating/sucking down gelatin. undecided

My other moniker was nabbed by the sordid spambots this morning, so I have to wait till tomorrow to use it. Less stress for me that way. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. Again, Mashed potatoes is made either from mashing fresh potatoes after boiling or from boiling and stirring potato flour in hot water. They are one and the same only one requires mashing whereas the other is less intensive - more stirring than mashing. But it is called Mashed potatoes regardless of the process used to make it. undecided

Another way to make it using the flour is by putting the flour and water in the microwave and stirring afterwards. The end product is the same mashed potatoes. undecided

2. What you call an image of a packaged mashed potato is in fact a package that contains potato flour or in some cases potatoes flakes.. undecided

3. Last I checked poundo yam flour does make you pounded yam without the pounding - mostly stirring necessary. undecided

Well, don't confuse potato flakes
with potato flour.

Packaged "mashed" potato is potatoes
flakes.

You seem to be trying to tell the
public that they are the same thing.
You can't make mashed potatoes with
potato flour.

'Nuff said..

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CynthiaGeorge: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
Thanks aboyaji
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CynthiaGeorge: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
AdorableSat:

I like the plate
Nice design
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
adecz:
Well, don't confuse potato flakes with potato flour.
Packaged "mashed" potato is potatoes flakes.
You seem to be trying to tell the public that they are the same thing. You can't make mashed potatoes with
potato flour.
'Nuff said..
Read the article below to understand why I believe you are likely fixating still on the wrong thing here.

Potato Flour

How Is Potato Flour Made?
Potato flour, like potato starch, starts with whole potatoes, but this is where their similarities end. The potatoes are cooked, dried, and ground into a fine powder. The result is a powder that's more beige in color, similar in appearance to whole-wheat flour.

Potato flour is of course much higher in nutritional value than starch. Plus it's rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber, making it a healthier, gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. It does have a much stronger potato flavor than potato starch.

What Is Potato Flour Used For?
Potato flour can be used in conjunction with other types of flour (such as rice flour), for gluten-free baking. However we don't recommend using it as the sole flour because it holds a lot of moisture and can result in a too-dense, gummy baked good.

But potato flour's ability to absorb moisture is also its strength: Add a small amount to yeast bread to help retain the freshness of the bread.

Like other flours, potato flour makes an excellent thickening or binding agent. Try using it in breading for meat - you'll get a crisper result than you would with wheat flour. It can also help to enhance the potato flavor in potato dishes as well, like potato rolls.

You can find potato flour at the supermarket or online from popular retailers such as Bob's Red Mill.

Can You Use Them Interchangeably?

Not really. The one exception is if you're using potato flour for the purpose of extending the shelf-life of yeast breads, potato starch can be substituted. It's not a one-to-one ratio, however. Potato flour is mostly starch, but not all, so you'll want to use slightly less potato starch than you would flour (a ¾:1 potato starch to potato flour ratio). Otherwise, there are better substitutes for potato starch and flour that we'll go over below.

Substitutes for Potato Flour

The best substitute for potato flour is going to be potato flakes, which is essentially potato flour that hasn't been ground as fine. You can either dissolve it into batter for baking, or use a blender or food process to grind it into a fine powder. Potato flakes can be substituted for potato flour using a 1:1 ratio.

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/potato-starch-vs-potato-flour/#:~:text=How%20Is%20Potato%20Flour%20Made,appearance%20to%20whole%2Dwheat%20flour
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 1:48am On Feb 14, 2022
Boxed mashed potatoes taste nothing like mashed potatoes. I think they use fillers or something, or maybe it's how they process the potatoes. It could just be that the flavor can't properly survive that kind of processing, sort of like fresh vs. dry spice.

But if you like it, enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 2:27am On Feb 14, 2022
Yeah also not too hard to boil yukon potatoes, mash it and add whatever you want such as butter, half and half, bacon bit etc and enjoy.

If you prefer boxed potatoes powder or flakes due to less work, all good.

Cousin9999:
Boxed mashed potatoes taste nothing like mashed potatoes. I think they use fillers or something, or maybe it's how they process the potatoes. It could just be that the flavor can't properly survive that kind of processing, sort of like fresh vs. dry spice.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 3:14am On Feb 14, 2022
Cousin9999:

I just ate mashed potatoes made using the boxed stuff microwaved with water, garlic, salt and onions for taste, and it tasted just like mashed potatoes would. And I would know since I eat a lot of potatoes all year round. I even use potatoes - sweet or nonsweet - in my beans which I also eat a lot of.. undecided

According to the box, the stuff is made using dehydrated potatoes, sodium bisulfite(preservative) and citric acid(also a preservative). No fillers or anything else. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 3:17am On Feb 14, 2022
armyofone:
Yeah also not too hard to boil yukon potatoes, mash it and add whatever you want such as butter, half and half, bacon bit etc and enjoy.

If you prefer boxed potatoes powder or flakes due to less work, all good.
I can make my microwaved stuff, with all those ingredients, in 5 minutes or less and still enjoy the same exact taste. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 3:28am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I just ate mashed potatoes made using the boxed stuff microwaved with water, garlic, salt and onions for taste, and it tasted just like mashed potatoes would. And I would know since I eat a lot of potatoes all year round. I even use potatoes - sweet or nonsweet - in my beans which I also eat a lot of.. undecided

According to the box, the stuff is made using dehydrated potatoes, sodium bisulfite(preservative) and citric acid(also a preservative). No fillers or anything else. undecided

Tastes like cardboard to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 3:31am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I can make my microwaved stuff, with all those ingredients, in 5 minutes or less and still enjoy the same exact taste. undecided

It takes six minutes or less to make a "baked" potato in a microwave.

The microwave is one of my favorite ways to cook potatoes. It's fast and you can get a wonderful texture.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 3:51am On Feb 14, 2022
Cousin9999:
Tastes like cardboard to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tastes the same as the potatoes I boil to me. So whether I boil and mash or I microwave flakes, mashed potatoes end products tastes pretty much the same is what I am saying. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 4:07am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Tastes the same as the potatoes I boil to me. So whether I boil and mash or I microwave flakes, mashed potatoes end products tastes pretty much the same is what I am saying. undecided

Ok.

[img]https://c./TMtG7f1yZm0AAAAC/beauty-and-the-baller-beauty-and-the-baller-gifs.gif[/img]

#teamFreshPotato
#fluffyMountainOfCarbs

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 4:27am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Read the article below to understand why I believe you are likely fixating still on the wrong thing here.

Potato Flour

How Is Potato Flour Made?
Potato flour, like potato starch, starts with whole potatoes, but this is where their similarities end. The potatoes are cooked, dried, and ground into a fine powder. The result is a powder that's more beige in color, similar in appearance to whole-wheat flour.

Potato flour is of course much higher in nutritional value than starch. Plus it's rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber, making it a healthier, gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. It does have a much stronger potato flavor than potato starch.

What Is Potato Flour Used For?
Potato flour can be used in conjunction with other types of flour (such as rice flour), for gluten-free baking. However we don't recommend using it as the sole flour because it holds a lot of moisture and can result in a too-dense, gummy baked good.

But potato flour's ability to absorb moisture is also its strength: Add a small amount to yeast bread to help retain the freshness of the bread.

Like other flours, potato flour makes an excellent thickening or binding agent. Try using it in breading for meat - you'll get a crisper result than you would with wheat flour. It can also help to enhance the potato flavor in potato dishes as well, like potato rolls.

You can find potato flour at the supermarket or online from popular retailers such as Bob's Red Mill.

Can You Use Them Interchangeably?

Not really. The one exception is if you're using potato flour for the purpose of extending the shelf-life of yeast breads, potato starch can be substituted. It's not a one-to-one ratio, however. Potato flour is mostly starch, but not all, so you'll want to use slightly less potato starch than you would flour (a ¾:1 potato starch to potato flour ratio). Otherwise, there are better substitutes for potato starch and flour that we'll go over below.

The best substitute for potato flour is going to be potato flakes, which is essentially potato flour that hasn't been ground as fine. You can either dissolve it into batter for baking, or use a blender or food process to grind it into a fine powder. Potato flakes can be substituted for potato flour using a 1:1 ratio.

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/potato-starch-vs-potato-flour/#:~:text=How%20Is%20Potato%20Flour%20Made,appearance%20to%20whole%2Dwheat%20flour

⏩⏩⏩ It's YOU who seems fixated on
this potato flour issue. All the links you
keep posting, please just show the viewing
public, one link that says potato flour
can be used to make mashed potatoes,
just one single link❗️❗️❌❌❌

You're just going round and round in
circles . Basically it's just like saying that
Ayoola™ poundo yam flour can also be
used to make yam porridge.

The mistake you made from the get-go
was to assume that the box potatoes you
were using was flour, not knowing it was
flakes☑️☑️☑️

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:27am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

Pictures of your mashed potatoes please grin

OrIdontbelieveu cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:36am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

True. For me though, I'm not a big fan of microwaved cooking.
I only use it to make my food warm.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Feb 14, 2022
adecz:
1. It's YOU who seems fixated on this potato flour issue. All the links you keep posting, please just show the viewing public, one link that says potato flour can be used to make mashed potatoes, just one single link❗️❗️❌❌❌

2. You're just going round and round in circles . Basically it's just like saying that Ayoola™ poundo yam flour can also be used to make yam porridge.

3. The mistake you made from the get-go was to assume that the box potatoes you were using was flour, not knowing it was flakes
1. It is highlighted right there in red font for you to see in the post you responded to. undecided
Kobojunkiee:

2. Yes it can be used for maybe yam porridge too - simply add water and Asaro ingredients. Cook or microwave to get the Asaro you desire. undecided

3. I didn't make any mistake at all. You just, for some weird reason, keep assuming that I did. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2022
armyofone:
Pictures of your mashed potatoes please grin
OrIdontbelieveu cheesy
I already gobbled it all using ata stew like many hours ago. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:52am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I already gobbled it all using ata stew like many hours ago. grin

Pictures of ata stew and no oyel ayamase or idonbelieveu grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 5:53am On Feb 14, 2022
armyofone:
True. For me though, I'm not a big fan of microwaved cooking.
I only use it to make my food warm.
I like the convenience of being able to cut cooking time with it. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:04am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I like the convenience of being able to cut cooking time with it. undecided

Sounds cool - i enjoy the cooking process maybe that's why I don't use microwave to cook.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dollyjoy(f): 11:04am On Feb 14, 2022
Happy Valentine grin tongue

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 11:13am On Feb 14, 2022
Cruising my daughter's Pringles
She wee kee me with tears when she returns back from school.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
ahnie:
Cruising my daughter's Pringles
She wee kee me with tears when she returns back from school.

And I thought ahnie was single all along.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2878) (2879) (2880) (2881) (2882) (2883) (2884) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.