Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5825325 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) ... (3489) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by favelli(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2022
Akposy:

Lol...continue o.

Meanwhile, y'all should permit me to flaunt today's Harvest, after all, tomato na food cheesy

Hey good evening sir, I love the way you plant your vegetables in sacks. I would like to ask do you later transplant them after a while?? Or you leave them to grow till harvest in those sacks. Would love to try such method if it's possible, as I think it would be easier to properly water them

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
cococandy:
here they call it dirty rice . Very delicious
Is it possible to fry puff puff without adding yeast to the mixture?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
That will make it buns -

Yeast is what make puff stretchy.

Cococandy, I'm eyeing the last one you posted. Mine don finish.

FlowerGirl040:
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
armyofone:
That will make it buns -

Cococandy, I'm eyeing the last one you posted.

So, the stretchy is the difference between buns and puff puff?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
So, the stretchy is the difference between buns and puff puff?

Right. Buns is not as stretchy as puffy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2022
armyofone:

Right. Buns is not as stretchy as puffy.
Alright. I have flour at home,I will try to fry the buns anytime soon. I don't like yeast
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
posty56:
you have been posting a lot of good food here and I am suspecting you what will fake life benefit you.

Like the the one you lifted from Facebook?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
armyofone:
That will make it buns -

Do you know that “puff-puff” can be made without yeast, and you’d still get that stretchy smooth texture?
Plus, this one is instant. As in, just mix and fry.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2022
tongue
armyofone:
That will make it buns -

Cococandy, I'm eyeing the last one you posted. Mine don finish.

Mine’s gone too. Same day.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
Yes.
Like army babe said. Yeast is the difference

Some people add milk powder to their buns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Do you know that “puff-puff” can be made without yeast, and you’d still get that stretchy smooth texture?

I have tried without yeast but it did not taste like puff and not stretchy. Also I have experimented with just
1. milk
2. Just water
To get that puff texture
Ended up in my trash.

Share your way of making puff puff without yeast.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by posty56: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
LordReed:

Like the the one you lifted from Facebook?
looks Photoshopped
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by posty56: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
KiNg0G:
OG can cook.
kingog ,so na you poor like this yet you go come redpill thread they troll.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
cococandy:

Yes.
Like army babe said. Yeast is the difference

Some people add milk powder to their buns.
Ok. For the milk,it's chin chin I do fry most times but it's liquid milk I do use,a lady told me to use powder instead Bec it will bring out the scent more,how true is this?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
armyofone:

I have tried without yeast but it did not taste like puff and not stretchy. Also I have experimented with just
1. milk
2. Just water
To get that puff texture
Ended up in my trash.

Share your way of making puff puff without yeast.

For this one below, I used baking powder in place of yeast, and used as much sugar as I would in puff-puff.
The trick is to mix till the batter is smooth and stretchy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
Ok. For the milk,it's chin chin I do fry most times but it's liquid milk I do use,a lady told me to use powder instead Bec it will bring out the scent more,how true is this?
Yes buns and chin chin are basically the same thing except one is soft dough and one of firmer dough.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

How possible? Pls share
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
cococandy:

Yes puff puff and chin chin are basically the same thing except one is soft dough and one of firmer dough.
Ok. Even though I am a bit confused grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
How possible? Pls share

Just replace your yeast with baking powder, and use as much sugar as you would in puff-puff (less sugar is required for buns), then mix your batter until it is stretchy and smooth, just like puff-puff batter.

The good thing about this one is you get to fry instantly.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Just replace your yeast with baking powder, and use as much sugar as you would in puff-puff (less sugar is required for buns), then mix your batter until it is stretchy and smooth, just like puff-puff batter.

The good thing about this one is you get to fry instantly.
I get it now. Thanks so much
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
I get it now. Thanks so much

You’re welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
posty56:
looks Photoshopped

What a waste.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by posty56: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
LordReed:

What a waste.
una Don make me vex make I upload fried rice wey I cook
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by posty56: 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
show your boy some love. cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
cococandy:

Yes puff puff and chin chin are basically the same thing except one is soft dough and one of firmer dough.
I don't think so.
Puff puff uses yeast, and chin chin uses baking powder. I want to believe the stretchiness you get from already fried puff puff comes from yeast, just as you'll have doughnut.

Buns on the other hand is what I'll say feels same with chin chin. You can even use same ingredients for buns to make chin chin. Difference is like you wrote, a soft dough, and the other, a firmer dough. And then you can only fry buns, while you can bake or fry chin chin.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
Vomitrocious is what that is. lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
For this one below, I used baking powder in place of yeast, and used as much sugar as I would in puff-puff.
The trick is to mix till the batter is smooth and stretchy.
No matter how smoothly mixed. It still comes out eba-thick. lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Harmony92(f): 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
emperorz:
bros abeg boro me dat fish for 1 min grin
you go return am? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No matter how smoothly mixed. It still comes out eba-thick. lipsrsealed

If I tell you to post evidence now, you will start giving excuses. And you’re quick to cancel. undecided

This is something that I’ve tried.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Vomitrocious is what that is. lipsrsealed

Do these look “vomitrocious” to you?
Even though this low budget forum reduces picture quality…

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
Do these look “vomitrocious” to you?
Even though this low budget forum reduces picture quality…
When I say vomitrocious... I meant taste, not looks. I remember the taste of yeastless puff-puff very well and... omg.... I no go try that again. If I pull a piece and I no see air pockets, I do dey chop. lipsrsealed

Puff-puff should taste good even without sugar. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When I say vomitrocious... I meant taste, not looks. I remember the taste of yeastless puff-puff very well and... omg.... I no go try that again. If I pull a piece and I no see air pockets, I do dey chop. lipsrsealed

Puff-puff should taste good even without sugar. undecided

W.H.A.T 2 da WHAT! shocked
“Puff-puff should taste good even without sugar”?
Do you know what you’re saying? cheesy
What is puffpuff without sugar? It would turn out like that “eba thick” you were talking about!
That should not even be classified as puffpuff.

Sugar is what gives puffpuff its red color and moisture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) ... (3489) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.