Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5751569 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Purvan(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
Oatmeal with berries and coffee grin

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sirqt5(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
Purvan:
Oatmeal with berries and coffee grin
THIEF

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
cococandy:
Well done!
kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
ahnie:

Thumbs up nne
kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Purvan(m): 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
Sirqt5:
THIEF
C0cksucker
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by PPIA: 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
descarado:
Ahnie, come and see.
I'm over the moon right now.

This is the second one I'm doing.
All 25kg.
Will do 10kg of red millet too. I love my pap with red millet.

For some of us that hate powdered pap( I'm actually skeptical of drinking pap I didn't know its origin hence I love making mine) staying in cold regions
As long as you have freezer, summer is the best time to soak corn. Keep under the sun and keep on changing water. If its naija, 3 days is OK to grind but these cold regions take more time for the corn to soften a bit. I did 3 days and it spoiled my blender b4 somebody told me of this secret. Some said to add lukewarm or boiled water. I blended 8 days after soaking. Used 2 blenders. One for coarse blending while the other for fine blending. Powerful blender for fine blending. Give the blender time to cool down intermittently.
Freeze and enjoy.

Food food food.

Always food.

Well, the consolation is that no matter how big an elephant is or will get, it can never cause an earthquake grin grin

Pocohantas how far?

Ahnie when last did you eat fish? 😎
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sentry2023: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
"JuJu dey find blood, you go dey beg am with malt".

In essence, do not respond to trolls. This thread has come too far, courtesy of the amazing posters, to allow it to be derailed by idiots who have never posted anything inline with the objective of the thread.

The mission of a troll is to distract via misdirected interaction. Ignore and report such posts.

I come here daily to incite my appetite, thank you all for that.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 8:59am On Jul 29, 2023
Dinner:

Beans and Dodo with grilled fish.

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Soffy3310c: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2023
SEMO&STEW😘
VERY SWEET COME JOIN ME HERE βœ…

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bintdawood(f): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2023
Fish and fishesπŸ˜ΉπŸ‘©β€πŸ¦―

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bintdawood(f): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2023
Soffy3310c:
SEMO&STEW😘
VERY SWEET COME JOIN ME HERE βœ…

Am not a fan of semo buh choiiiiii this one enter my eyeπŸ˜­πŸ˜‹
Eat well!

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 10:29am On Jul 29, 2023
I m badly craving rice and catfish peppersoup with a lil touch of utazi
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Charisma01: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2023
CakeπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
πŸ™‹

This jollof rice issa BaNGAπŸ‘ŒπŸ™†

Peppered πŸŒπŸ˜›

Te amoπŸ’‹β€οΈ

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
This chicken is soy sauce chicken cause soy sauce is the main ingredient.
I have tasted all manner of chicken but this beats them hands down. Both yahuza my all time favourite.

I mistakenly used oyster sauce instead of dark soy sauce. I think I prefer it cause its less salty Refrigerated for 2 days. Suppose be one day but busy. Even better.

Ingredients are what we use everyday except u don't use soy sauce. The steps re on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gem1YfRDYBc

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
descarado:
This chicken is soy sauce chicken cause soy sauce is the main ingredient.
I have tasted all manner of chicken but this beats them hands down. Both yahuza my all time favourite.

I mistakenly used oyster sauce instead of dark soy sauce. I think I prefer it cause its less salty Refrigerated for 2 days. Suppose be one day but busy. Even better.

Ingredients are what we use everyday except u don't use soy sauce. The steps re on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gem1YfRDYBc

Is yours the one below the video? Looks really really nice.

Is soy sauce made from all natural ingredients? I'm still quite sceptical about it.
What is the difference between light soy sauce and dark soy sauce?
You really like Asian cuisine.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
Hello Foodies.....

From the Kitchen of dem MANNA,

it's time for lunch....

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lunch continues for all of us at MANNA..........

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
Good afternoon foodies.....
Have a good weekend ahead......

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

Is yours the one below the video? Looks really really nice.

Is soy sauce made from all natural ingredients? I'm still quite sceptical about it.
What is the difference between light soy sauce and dark soy sauce?
You really like Asian cuisine.
Yep. It is.
Soy sauce is fermented soya beans and wheat.
I do love Asian cuisines a lot and my family tend to enjoy them more. Don't know why.

Light soy sauce is what u use as seasoning but dark soy sauce adds colour.
My chicken and the one in the video is a bit diff cos I forgot to add dark soy sauce,the one in the video looks darker cos it has dark soy sauce.
Chinese fried rice noodles get their unique colours from dark soy sauce. Fried rice originated from China anyway.
Oyster and hoisin sauces are sweet and thick
Once you know how to combine them, you will become addicted.
Asians cook with cooking wines.
I stated looking into Asian cuisines cos they eat more veggies and protein unlike us and less carbohydrate and my kids school nutritionist said they are fat( what we consider as living good in naija) so I had to overhaul our diet completely.

You will get used to blanching, stir frying and eating veggies just like that grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
descarado:

Yep. It is.
Soy sauce is fermented soya beans and wheat.
I do love Asian cuisines a lot and my family tend to enjoy them more. Don't know why.

Light soy sauce is what u use as seasoning but dark soy sauce adds colour.
My chicken and the one in the video is a bit diff cos I forgot to add dark soy sauce,the one in the video looks darker cos it has dark soy sauce.
Chinese fried rice noodles get their unique colours from dark soy sauce. Fried rice originated from China anyway.
Oyster and hoisin sauces are sweet and thick
Once you know how to combine them, you will become addicted.
Asians cook with cooking wines.
I stated looking into Asian cuisines cos they eat more veggies and protein unlike us and less carbohydrate and my kids school nutritionist said they are fat( what we consider as living good in naija) so I had to overhaul our diet completely.

You will get used to blanching, stir frying and eating veggies just like that grin

How interesting. πŸ˜€

Protein diet is quite expensive in Nigeria for the common man, so we have to make do with carb and leafy vegetables.
Unfortunately, most Nigerians do not like vegetables.
Even eggs that were formerly very cheap, have been taken away from us.
Ike gwuru. 😩
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

How interesting. πŸ˜€

Protein diet is quite expensive in Nigeria for the common man, so we have to make do with carb and leafy vegetables.
Ike gwuru. 😩
I went to get a create this morning,it's #2300 cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Omorr I don turn veggies to meats

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
ahnie:

A crate of large eggs is sold for N2,500 in Lagos. Na WA!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

A crate of large eggs is sold for N2,500 in Lagos. Na WA!
A supermarket close to me sells for 3k nne.

See eeh...prices of things are skyrocking every damn second.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nemesis0147(m): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Okro soup with Semo

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
Sentry2023:

In essence, do not respond to trolls. This thread has come too far, courtesy of the amazing posters, to allow it to be derailed by idiots who have never posted anything inline with the objective of the thread.

The mission of a troll is to distract via misdirected interaction. Ignore and report such posts.

You actually struggled to sound intelligent but what can I say really. It would have been better to call out the so-called trolls and let's see if double standards is at play or probably agree with you on the one who's actually a troll. It's so easy to tag another 'a troll' when they react but you see, when you throw a stone at a bee-hive it's not in your power to tell when to stop their reaction.

Mind you, I ain't speaking for anyone & I hope you gerrit now!

Nonsense and Buhari ! cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

How interesting. πŸ˜€

Ike gwuru. 😩
There are alternatives to meat protein na. What about plant protein? Nigerians think the only plant protein we have is beans( our type of beans is mainly carb anyway)
Mushroom( I eat mushroom more than meat) is a great source of protein. For a poor country like Nigeria, its shocking we are selective when it comes to food. We even brag with food here. Sometimes I read some posts and just shake my head.

You see,we handle food as we handle everything. It's used to measure how far we have arrived.
When you eat some certain stuff, you are classified as rich while some are for poor people.
Meat eg, is a big man food in Nigeria. How can a big man eat soyabeans or mushroom. That's an insult.

Our mentality is skewed.
Here, when you post pap, some will make mockery of your food.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Purvan(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

How interesting. πŸ˜€

Ike gwuru. 😩

SMH

Beans alongside grocery with dairy

Chop that one know say you don chop correct balanced diet
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
descarado:

There are alternatives to meat protein na. What about plant protein? Nigerians think the only plant protein we have is beans( our type of beans is mainly carb anyway)
Mushroom( I eat mushroom more than meat) is a great source of protein. For a poor country like Nigeria, its shocking we are selective when it comes to food. We even brag with food here. Sometimes I read some posts and just shake my head.

You see,we handle food as we handle everything. It's used to measure how far we have arrived.
When you eat some certain stuff, you are classified as rich while some are for poor people.
Meat eg, is a big man food in Nigeria. How can a big man eat soyabeans or mushroom. That's an insult.

Our mentality is skewed.
Here, when you post pap, some will make mockery of your food.

We have nutritious foods in Nigeria, only that we don't explore them.

Purvan:

SMH

Beans alongside grocery with dairy

Chop that one know say you don chop correct balanced diet

That combo no go gree comot for person body naa, except say na one meal a day something.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Purvan(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
ahnie:

Just get a chicken instead of eggs
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
Sentry2023:

I gave you a like kiss kiss kiss kiss.
The likes were actually 11th,I gave you the 12th **likes**
Have a great weekend! cheesy cheesy cheesy.

You nor call names....but IDAN conscience burst like citrus cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sentry2023: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
ahnie:

I gave you a like kiss kiss kiss kiss.
The likes were actually 11th,I gave you the 12th **likes**
Have a great weekend!

Ahnie, you have been the target of one of the most syndicated acts of trolling I have observed on Nairaland. When you reply trolls, you fuel their irrationality.

Na where person hand reach, e dey hang cloth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3309) (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aloysius269(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.