Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5749183 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamoyindamola(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
descarado:

Did you see mei-mei? kiss cheesy cheesy

Some will say moin-moin
Na different spelling them get
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Toast

22 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 1:09am On Aug 08, 2023
Botragelad:

Americans can be funny people and sometimes different, don't you think? One thing that always baffles me is what they call a biscuit. It's completely different from what is called a biscuit in the UK. A biscuit to the brit is a small, flat, baked good that is usually sweet and crunchy. Like digestives, custard creams, hobnobs. Dunk them in your tea or have them as a snack.

But a biscuit to them is a soft, flaky, savoury bread that is often served with butter, jam, or honey. This thing called biscuit and gravy is not a meal in the UK because no one would eat that together, doubt that, except you pay a trip to the US. Biscuit and gravy is when they smother their biscuits with a thick, white sauce that has bits of sausage in it. They have it for breakfast or brunch.

Biscuit and gravy in the USA is what I will call scone and sausage casserole in the UK, quite similar. It's not a very common dish , but some people might make it for a hearty dinner. They use scones instead of biscuits, and they bake them with sausages and cheese in a casserole dish. Then they pour over some gravy made from stock, flour, and butter. It sounds quite tasty, actually.
Have you ever tasted an English biscuit, mate? And I don't mean the ones Americans call biscuit. I mean the proper biscuits that are crunchy and sweet.

On top biscuits and gravy you kum write the long epistle according to Botragelad? shocked grin
I like walker's short bread. Once in a while, I do eat digestives and Jacob Cracker. Hope it is English enough grin
I like Starbucks blueberry scone and white chocolate mocha wink

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 3:56am On Aug 08, 2023
armyofone:

On top biscuits and gravy you kum write the long epistle according to Botragelad? shocked grin
I like walker's short bread. Once in a while, I do eat digestives and Jacob Cracker. Hope it is English enough grin
Walker's shortbread is beau and very addictive.
I endorse. One thing must kill a man grin
But kinda very expensive
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DyingFetus: 4:54am On Aug 08, 2023
undecided

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Botragelad: 7:55am On Aug 08, 2023
armyofone:

I reckon you mean I'm talking a lot of words, right? Don't mind me, I just imagine we're in the pub having a chat. It's nice to have a bit of craic with you, you know?

Now, about those biscuits. Walker shortbread, digestive and cracker are all types of biscuits, but they're not all English. Walker shortbread is Scottish. Digestive is also Scottish, but they are everywhere around the UK as it was "first developed by two Scottish doctors to aid digestion". Haha, history!
Cracker is a bit more complicated, as it can refer to different things. In British English, cracker can mean a "water biscuit/savoury biscuit". In the US it can be considered a racial slur.

But don't worry too much about the origins of these biscuits. They're all biscuits and they're all English enough for me. And I'm glad you've tasted them, they're all delicious in their own way. They're not what Americans call biscuit, which is more like a scone or a dumpling.
I hope you have a great day. Slainte mhath to you,bud!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

It's mai-mai. cheesy

I like the village kind cooked with palm oil, dry fish, crayfish, peppers, etc.

See picture below.

Na this gogoni own de sweet pass

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 11:42am On Aug 08, 2023
ahnie:

Na this gogoni own de sweet pass

Abi? cheesy
Na to just dey eat am straight out of the tin.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mommadd(f): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
I air fry my Irish and fish, steam some veggies and it was a good meal

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mommadd:
I air fry my Irish and fish, steam some veggies and it was a good meal

Now, that's what I'm talking about!πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

Mariah bawoni, fried plantain no dey show face of late... kΓ­lode?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
omooba969:

Mariah bawoni, fried plantain no dey show face of late... kΓ­lode?

B'ase ri niyen o! 🀷🏽
Wahala yin gan ti po ju n'ibi yi. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

B'ase ri niyen o! 🀷🏽
Wahala yin gan ti po ju n'ibi yi.
undecided

Lol, 'can be playful but I'm a gentleman. πŸ™‚
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

This is cocoyam dumpling.
I love how they made it. Everyone can easily enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEhxnfmQRg

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
descarado:

This is cocoyam dumpling.
I love how they made it. Everyone can easily enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEhxnfmQRg

First of all, I'm surprised that they have ede. cheesy
Secondly, wouldn't I rather just cook my ede and eat them with mmanu nri? That dumpling making is a lot of work. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
Someone should please fry plantain please cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2023
cry
Burnt my plantains
Redoil eggsauce
Scented leaf

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

First of all, I'm surprised that they have ede. cheesy
Secondly, wouldn't I rather just cook my ede and eat them with mmanu nri? That dumpling making is a lot of work. cheesy

Haaa cheesy
Dumpling is south east Asia what yam is to us. Those kids are experts already in making it cheesy
I bought dumpling mould more than a yr ago, yet to try it.

You will be surprised we have most ingredients in common
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
ahnie:
cry
Burnt my plantains
Redoil eggsauce
Scented leaf

Doesn't look burnt though.

Maybe I don't understand the definition of burnt.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DyingFetus: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
ahnie:
cry
Burnt my plantains
Redoil eggsauce
Scented leaf

The kin foods you day post here

Abeg where you day work ??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
cococandy:
indeed
I guess you gonna love my apartment. My Mama once told me my apartment looks like garden πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
Halcyon123:

What am craving badly right now? How you want take send am. Am literally crying now cry cry cry[sub][/sub]

Very sorry Mami cheesy Send driver to Nasarawa
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
Prestonn:

I guess you gonna love my apartment. My Mama once told me my apartment looks like garden πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ as it should!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mommadd(f): 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 2:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Dinner from last night:

Wheat amala with Okro soup.

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DyingFetus: 3:43am On Aug 09, 2023
Spag with meatballs

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 4:54am On Aug 09, 2023
Miracood2:

Doesn't look burnt though.

Maybe I don't understand the definition of burnt.
The burnt one stationed in the middle
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:13am On Aug 09, 2023
Dinner:

Brand and dodo.

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 8:21am On Aug 09, 2023
Breakfast

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nemesis0147(m): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2023
White rice and vegetable sauce

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nemesis0147:
White rice and vegetable sauce

You're doing well. smiley πŸ‘
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
πŸ™‹

Brunch

Fresh 🌽 corn harvested from mi farmπŸ’ƒ

I have 🍐 pear (tree )in mi propertyπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Ijele OdogwuπŸ’ƒ

Grazie mio bello marito β€οΈπŸ’‹

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.