Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5765972 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3332) (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamoyindamola(m): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2023
Botragelad:

Oi, mate, grow up and be a man, instead of throwing shades like a weak girl. You think you're being clever and cool, but you're actually being a right pillock and a coward. I've noticed how you've been throwing unnecessary shades at that lady, but you can't even quote her directly. That's proper pathetic, mate. I thought you had more sense than that, but it seems like you don't. And don't think I'm the only one who's seen it. Other people have told you about it too, but you still don't get it.

Stop littering this beautiful thread with your trash comments and unnecessary blah blah blah. You're ruining it for everyone else who wants to have a decent conversation. You're not impressing anyone with your shades and jabs. You're just making yourself look like a mug and a loser. If you have something to say to that lady, then say it to her directly, or better yet, leave her alone. She's done nothing wrong to you. You're just being a bully and a jerk. So do us all a favour and pack it in, mate. You're not welcome here.!
You are putting all these in his dull head😂😂

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
Botragelad:

Oi, mate, grow up and be a man, instead of throwing shades like a weak girl. You think you're being clever and cool, but you're actually being a right pillock and a coward. I've noticed how you've been throwing unnecessary shades at that lady, but you can't even quote her directly. That's proper pathetic, mate. I thought you had more sense than that, but it seems like you don't. And don't think I'm the only one who's seen it. Other people have told you about it too, but you still don't get it.

Stop littering this beautiful thread with your trash comments and unnecessary blah blah blah. You're ruining it for everyone else who wants to have a decent conversation. You're not impressing anyone with your shades and jabs. You're just making yourself look like a mug and a loser. If you have something to say to that lady, then say it to her directly, or better yet, leave her alone. She's done nothing wrong to you. You're just being a bully and a jerk. So do us all a favour and pack it in, mate. You're not welcome here.!

O dear! grin grin To whom do I owe the pleasure of this epistle...🤔 but I understand.

I kinda give even the inconsequential ones a platform right...lol 🤣

@bolded, I didn't know you own the thread, Director-General of Food section...grin

Abeg make una deal with ya restless fingers jare... nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Botragelad: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2023
omooba969:

O dear! grin grin To whom do I owe the pleasure of this epistle...🤔 but I understand.

I kinda give even the inconsequential ones a platform right...lol 🤣

@bolded, I didn't know you own the thread, Director-General of Food section...grin

Abeg make una deal with ya restless fingers jare... nonsense!
Piss off, mate!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zoer(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Croaker stew

I will arrest you because that fish no complete inside the pot...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2023
Botragelad:

Piss off, mate!

You must really think I'm fazed by your dirty slurs 🙂, it's actually a pattern I've seen of you even with folks on here who have opposing views to your opinionated position.

Very funny how you use 'innit' & 'mate' even when it's not necessary - did you get that from Big Age, Youngers, Top Boy or Timewasters? grin

Bollocks!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2023
Thank you.

IsaacJazz:
Yummy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2023
~

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Botragelad: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Thank you.

Here's what I did:

1. I cooked the noodles (brand: Mr. Noodles) for about 5-mins, then poured them in a colander/strainer, rinsed them with cold water and set aside. You don't want the noodles to be too soft, so you can use your discretion on how many minutes to cook them (depending on the type of noodles you use).

2. I cooked the eggs throughly, peeled and set them aside.

3. Using a non-stick pan, I fried one medium-sized onions in 4-tbsps of avocado oil (you can use any oil of your choice) for 5-mins, then added a tbsp of minced garlic and fried together on low heat for another 3-mins.

4. I added Coho Salmon to the mix (I cut it into chunks/squares/rectangles) and fried together until the outside is pink. The point here is to start developing flavour using the Salmon, so no need to overfry and dry them out. The inside will cook later, releasing more juices and flavour.

5. Next comes the seasonings/spices. For this recipe I used lemon-pepper seasoning, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, chilli peppers, ground red pepper, and bay leafs. I didn't measure each and really just winged it and just used a little bit of each.

6. Then I added 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil to the pot, fried everything for 3-minutes, then I added two cups of water, followed by slices of garlic (I love garlic but if you're not a fan of it, you can omit this part).

7. Then let everything cook/simmer for 10-minutes.

8. Here comes my other loves besides Salmon: Shrimps. I added the shrimp to the pot and cook them until pink. I used raw shrimp that I had deveined, so devein the shrimps, if needed. Raw/uncooked shrimps also help add flavour.

*I've another delicious recipe for noodles where I use shrimp shells to make the stock, so I always save the shells when deveining because they're superb for other recipes. I sometimes use them to make Spanish Paella (one of the other recipes I use them for).

9. I rinse the cooked noodles in cold water again to separate them, then drain.

10. Finally, I added the pre-cooked noodles to the pot, mixing them in well, then added the cooked eggs.

11. Let everything cook together for a few minutes.

12. Serve and enjoy.

Well, this is helpful. Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
~

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2023
Puffs

33 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mexxy1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Croaker stew

You're doing well but, this editing you always do usually ruins the look of your meals.

Try posting without editing. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2023
Halcyon123:
Puffs
cry
Admin why can't I post biko undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2023
mod i don't understand why I have been unable to post pictures of a long time now undecided
Abeg where is the admin? I can't even create a post am surprised this went through cry undecided angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2023
ahnie:
Lunch
Catfish
Smoked catfish
Fried plantain
Rice
So na only you wan chop this food abi angry
U must be fined grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2023
Halcyon123:
Puffs
This one go go well with cold fanta
And they're so filling.

Imagination wan kill me.

I wonder why I nor dey ever gbadu bons/eggroll....maybe cox of the hardness

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2023
Halcyon123:
Puffs

Why would anyone be complaining of hardship when people still make and eat a sexy puff puff like this. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2023
ahnie:

This one go go well with cold fanta
And they're so filling.

Imagination wan kill me.

I wonder why I nor dey ever gbadu bons/eggroll....maybe cox of the hardness
Mama na,chilled coke to the rescue especially mortuary standard grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2023
Skyview01:

Why would anyone be complaining of hardship when people still make and eat a sexy puff puff like this. grin grin grin grin grin
Lol at sexy puffs,puffs na basically flour,yeast,sugar and water,nothing costly except you wan add orishishi.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2023
Halcyon123:

Mama na,chilled coke to the rescue especially mortuary standard grin
Haka ne mama na,gaskiya wallaihi especially the one wey ice gum the bottle.

Imagination is dooyin me sontin.

Ki geide iyali na ki,Allah Kara lafiya.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2023
ahnie:

Haka ne mama na,gaskiya wallaihi especially the one wey ice gum the bottle.

Imagination is dooyin me sontin.

Ki geide iyali na ki,Allah Kara lafiya.
Your head dey dere.
No imagine am too much before them go carry am come for you for dream.
My regards to the squad, Allah tashe mu lafiya
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
Halcyon123:

Your head dey dere.
No imagine am too much before them go carry am come for you for dream.
My regards to the squad, Allah tashe mu lafiya
Amin,Amin mama na.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2023
Miracood2:

Bread looks kinda of hard; but I reckon looks might be deceiving.

Looks are very deceiving 😁. It was nice and soft inside tho

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2023
Village kitchen

Time to make okro soup. One of my best soup😋

INGREDIENTS
●Okro
●Salt
●Crayfish
●Spinach
●Pepper
●Fish
●Calamari
●Scampi
●Shrimps
●Prawns

Happy Sunday Everyone ♥️

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2023
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

Time to make okro soup. One of my best soup😋

INGREDIENTS
●Okro
●Salt
●Crayfish
●Spinach
●Pepper
●Fish
●Calamari
●Scampi
●Shrimps
●Prawns

Happy Sunday Everyone ♥️
Is that octopus
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ekabobo: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2023
Blood of Jeremiah!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 10:46am On Aug 20, 2023
sod09:

Is that octopus
No..... Squid
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2023
~

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hahn(m): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2023
Eba and okro soup(with a lot of things) 😉

Prestonn, come and checkout what the REAL okro soup looks like 🙄

37 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Annahh(f): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2023
Kenfil:
Hot baked Bread! Breakfast of Akara and bread loading...
This bread is giving everything it should give. Wow. I'm wowed.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Purvan(m): 11:19am On Aug 20, 2023
emperorz:
I don't understand why I have been unable to post pictures of a long time now undecided
Abeg where is the admin? I can't even create a post am surprised this went through cry undecided angry

Mod not admin

The food mod here is a bleeping tribalistic gay
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Update on yesterday's Salmon Croquettes:

Everything was fine until I got to the molding stage (where you shape them with an ice scream scoop or your hands). I was able to mold two but the rest were just coming apart (I added one cup of breadcrumbs to the mix/batter and then added a bit more but maybe that wasn't enough). The Japanese breadcrumbs were hard and too crunchy for my liking. I normally don't cook or bake with breadcrumbs, so Idk if they're all hard and crunchy like that. Long story short, I threw out the whole batter and the two that I fried, as I really didn't like the hardness of the breadcrumbs. All that Salmon wasted and I really don't like wasting food.

This was also much more time-consuming than I thought. Who send me? You've to bake the Salmon first and then chop them up, then fry red peppers and onions, then mix everything up with chopped parsley or dill, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and other stuff, then mold/shape them into balls and flatten them out, then lastly fry them. I thought it would be a quick recipe but nope. The wahala. I may try again another time or maybe I'll find another interesting recipe for Salmon. I was kinda just looking for something different to do with Salmon 😃

Take heart kiss

I would have used the outcome to make good dumpling.
Make lemonade out of lemon you know kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2023
hahn:
Eba and okro soup(with a lot of things) 😉

Prestonn, come and checkout what the REAL okro soup looks like 🙄
Mr hahn, did you buy this plate new?
This plate is always reserved for fathers. U dare not touch it. Mum will give you back hand cheesy

Nigerian father were super spoiled those days.
This generation thought it will continue. Nothing is constant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3332) (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Apreecauts, Originality007 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.