Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5750154 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
Dinner:

Wheat amala with peanut soup.

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
GboyegaD:
Dinner:

Wheat amala with peanut soup. groundnut soup.

Always feels so weird when I see people calling groundnut, peanut.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Miracood2:

Always feels so weird when I see people calling groundnut, peanut.

Don't let it be. You address things the way they are called in your society.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
GboyegaD:

I understand, but somehow still feels weird 😅

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
amorprincesa:
I want to try salmon for the first time. The fish looks like what will not be tasty. Please can someone give me a recipe that can make it delicious.
I tried one Irish potato recipe I watched on YouTube. It turned out very awful. Wouldn't want to try with the salmon. Thank you

Cchouse

I actually like it with just salt and lemon pepper seasoning. I feel like it tastes good when simply cooked

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
GboyegaD:
Dinner:

Did you use peanut butter or peanut powder?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
amorprincesa:
I want to try salmon for the first time. The fish looks like what will not be tasty. Please can someone give me a recipe that can make it delicious.
I tried one Irish potato recipe I watched on YouTube. It turned out very awful. Wouldn't want to try with the salmon. Thank you

C

I saw a gochujang salmon recipe on tiktok that I liked so I made it and it was good. Here’s a similar recipe but for mine, I added everything on a bagel seasoning on it. Both the gochujang and bagel seasoning are from Trader Joe’s but you can find them at other grocery stores as well.

https://familystylefood.com/broiled-salmon-gochujang-glaze/

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
cococandy:

Did you use peanut butter or peanut powder?

Peanut butter I milled from the Winco store. They have the peanuts in the dispenser and a meal at the end of the dispenser which grinds the peanuts for you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
GboyegaD:

Peanut butter I milled from the Winco store. They have the peanuts in the dispenser and a meal at the end of the dispenser which grinds the peanuts for you.

Nice. I have a Winco near me. I like how they can process your stuff like coffee and grains for you.

Well I have fried peanut I was thinking of using for peanut soup. But I’ve not used fried seed peanut for soup. Only the butter and the fresh ground peanuts. Was wondering how this one might turn out.

Like extra oily maybe 🤔

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
Thanks 👍
cococandy:

I saw a gochujang salmon recipe on tiktok that I liked so I made it and it was good. Here’s a similar recipe but for mine, I added everything on a bagel seasoning on it. Both the gochujang and bagel seasoning are from Trader Joe’s but you can find them at other grocery stores as well.

https://familystylefood.com/broiled-salmon-gochujang-glaze/

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
Thanks G👍
GboyegaD:

Sadly and pepper is good enough. If you are using an air fryer, I usually do 9 minutes. You can then squeeze lime juice on it to make it fresh and pop.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
cococandy:

Nice. I have a Winco near me. I like how they can process your stuff like coffee and grains for you.

Well I have fried peanut I was thinking of using for peanut soup. But I’ve not used fried seed peanut for soup. Only the butter and the fresh ground peanuts. Was wondering how this one might turn out.

Like extra oily maybe 🤔

That's fine too. You just blend it in food processor. That was how I used to before I realized Winco has a Miller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
Let me mulch my honey roasted peanut in quietness.

When I'm ready to eat the soup, I will ask you for a spoonful of eba.

GboyegaD:
Dinner:

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
amorprincesa:
Thanks 👍
Gochujang is korean hot pepper paste.

You can substitute with srirachi.

If you don't have these 2, you can use ketchup + ground pepper + honey.
Or
Normal tomato paste plus honey or sugar and pepper.

Drizzle lemon on top and some green onions kiss

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Halcyon123:
Process to final product
Meatpie

Did you use milk or water for your dough ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
descarado:

Or

I like this but the honey and brown sugar added put me off as it is some how sweet preventing me from enjoying the pepper experience. So I make my own habaneros sauce for sides. Just like making stew but no tomatoes or anything else.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
cococandy:

Like extra oily maybe 🤔
I use settled smooth peanut. When its settled, oil float on top.Drain out all the oil.
Just very thick paste remaining.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
armyofone:

I like this but the honey and brown sugar added put me off as it is some how sweet preventing me from enjoying the pepper experience. So I make my own habaneros sauce for sides. Just like making stew but no tomatoes or anything else.
Korean hot pepper flakes is made with sugar.
That's why I added it. Just little.
Srirachi is also made with sugar.

You can skip and use some other seasoning and black pepper.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mom007(f): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
mexxy1:

Stealing picture of eggs? What's the meaning of this?

Una too worry for this nairaland honestly! grin shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mom007(f): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Rice 🍚 + obe atadindin 🍲 x fried beef 🥩

Smallie rice. embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mom007(f): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
Xidget:
Dinner
Love the presentation
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
descarado:

I use settled smooth peanut. When its settled, oil float on top.Drain out all the oil.
Just very thick paste remaining.
Yep.
I’ll probably blend it and see how much oil will float afterwards.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
Thanks alot! Will post the aftermath. grin
descarado:

Or

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
Marinade (for the meat) Recipe

Thyme (fresh)
Rosemary (fresh)
Oregano (fresh)
Dill (fresh)
Cilantro (fresh)
Basil (fresh)
Garlic chives (fresh)
Fenugreek
Black pepper corn
Cameroon pepper
Fresh pepper
Onions
Garlic
Ginger
Curry powder
Seasoning cubes
Salt
Butter (not margarine ❌)
Lemon juice

Blend all together and pour over washed meat. Allow to sit for at least 3 hours (mine stayed 16hrs)
Steam on low heat for about 5 minutes. Add little water and cook till tender.

Mix Suya spice with blended sesame oil
Use a pastry brush or clean hands to rub on the meat.
Fry, roast or air fry.

Salad Recipe
Carrot
Cabbage
Ketchup
Mayonnaise
Honey
Lemon juice
Suya pepper
Shredded chicken breast (pan seared)

Shred your carrot and cabbage
Add in the chicken breast
Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, honey and Suya pepper to make a sauce
Add the sauce to the veggies.

For the fruits, I bought the orange and source the mulberries from my container garden.

For the fried rice,
Don’t tell me you don’t know how to make this! Use google 😃. I’m too tired to type.

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
Looks amazing Omg
Akposy:
Marinade (for the meat) Recipe

Thyme (fresh)
Rosemary (fresh)
Oregano (fresh)
Dill (fresh)
Cilantro (fresh)
Basil (fresh)
Garlic chives (fresh)
Fenugreek
Black pepper corn
Cameroon pepper
Fresh pepper
Onions
Garlic
Ginger
Curry powder
Seasoning cubes
Salt
Butter (not margarine ❌)
Lemon juice

Blend all together and pour over washed meat. Allow to sit for at least 3 hours (mine stayed 16hrs)
Steam on low heat for about 5 minutes. Add little water and cook till tender.

Mix Suya spice with blended sesame oil
Use a pastry brush or clean hands to rub on the meat.
Fry, roast or air fry.

Salad Recipe
Carrot
Cabbage
Ketchup
Mayonnaise
Honey
Lemon juice
Suya pepper
Shredded chicken breast (pan seared)

Shred your carrot and cabbage
Add in the chicken breast
Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, honey and Suya pepper to make a sauce
Add the sauce to the veggies.

For the fruits, I bought the orange and source the mulberries from my container garden.

For the fried rice,
Don’t tell me you don’t know how to make this! Use google 😃. I’m too tired to type.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2023
armyofone:

Did you use milk or water for your dough ?
I used water,cold one
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nasskar(m): 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zoer(m): 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
GboyegaD:

Floating Berry Soup
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DyingFetus: 3:13am On Aug 25, 2023
undecided

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Charisma01: 3:35am On Aug 25, 2023
armyofone:

I will like to try your roll.

Please share your measurements for the dough.

Flour almost filled to the brim of this bowl
1 spplion of baking powder
Half of one simans butter
2 eggs
100g cup of milk dissolved in water
Little sprinkle of salt
Little nutmeg (optional)

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 5:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Dinner:

Rice, beans, and titus fish.

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.