Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5790152 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by opella(f): 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
Probz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjjfRKQT-A

Our Flo’s praising my idea to the high heavens on that video. Do this liquid smoke thing if you still haven’t tried it.
Are you the Obinna?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
opella:

Are you the Obinna?

Yup. That’s my name.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 08, 2017
Probz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjjfRKQT-A

Our Flo’s praising my idea to the high heavens on that video. Do this liquid smoke thing if you still haven’t tried it.

I learnt something great here (for whenever I will make jollof rice/more likely to tell someone to do this though)- the ginger extract to blend the peppers and tomatoes with is a brilliant idea... cool
...I already can guess at the awesome tasty smokiness of it all

Then the fact that there was no garlic sent me to heaven too
@Probz...well done to you and that lady

2 questions? Why use tomatoe purée instead of all fresh like we would do? I feel it has to do with colouring the rice? And also why was the foil used?
Good night all
This was enough to make me break my vow of being a silent viewer/voyeu.r lipsrsealed of the thread, yes?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 12:24am On Dec 08, 2017
merahki:

I learnt something great here (for whenever I will make jollof rice/more likely to tell someone to do this though)- the ginger extract to blend the peppers and tomatoes with is a brilliant idea... cool
...I already can guess at the awesome tasty smokiness of it all

Then the fact that there was no garlic sent me to heaven too
@Probz...well done to you and that lady

2 questions? Why use tomatoe purée instead of all fresh like we would do? I feel it has to do with colouring the rice? And also why was the foil used?
Good night all
This was enough to make me break my vow of being a silent viewer/voyeu.r lipsrsealed of the thread, yes?

Question 1 - like you say it's all in the colouring. There's lots of things you can do to boost the popping red colour of jollof rice but the most obvious is using that conc. tomato paste (aka De Rica). It makes the red stew thicker too. You know how light and watery stews are no good for jollof. It needs to have some body to it and that's another benefit of that tomato paste.

Foil just traps all the steam in. Helps it cook more uniformly if you know what I mean. You ain't gotta worry about that if your pot's got a good vent cover still.

I'm the same re. garlic. I get why some people like it in jollof rice and stews but don't use it when you're cooking for a crowd 'cause it's one of them innit. You either love or loathe it. It's like marmite.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by opella(f): 1:21am On Dec 08, 2017
Probz:

Yup. That’s my name.
kudos, I don't know whether i can find the liquid smoke here in naija, I will check spar and shoprite for it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 1:46am On Dec 08, 2017
opella:

kudos, I don't know whether i can find the liquid smoke here in naija, I will check spar and shoprite for it.

As a word of caution I can't stress enough how much it's got to be pure liquid smoke. Wright's is the best brand. It's the only all natural liquid smoke out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 08, 2017
Holyfield1:
Indomie

Thanks....don't know that I've ever heard of them before.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bakeuhappy: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
donblazer10:
make hungry man no just waka come this thread,he go chop hin phone belleful
lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
opella:

recipe please?

Whole chicken - spatchcocked -I.e. cut down the backbone only and spread it out. I cut it down the breastbone as i find breastmeat boring so this helps open up the meat to absorb tbe juices.
You can use pieces as well as other poultry or meat. Guinea fowl or duck. Whole leg of goat or ram as will work well too ( yes i am a carnivore! Don't judge!)
season and leave to marinade for a while - overnight if possible.

Onions - chopped
Carrots - sliced
Bell peppers - mixed colours - chopped
Atarodo - finely chopped
Tomatoes - chopped ( If using the canned fresh ones it has enough juice) if using fresh, you can add a bit of tin tomatoes mixed with a bit of water.
Usual spices and bay leaves.

Get a large casserole pot or pan, that can go from hob to oven If you do not have one use a large pot with metal handles or a deep oven pan with foil covering.

Put some oil in the pot/ pan. Let it heat up and then add the chicken skin-side down and fry for a bit, then turn over to the other side and fry for a bit. 3 -5 mins on each side.

If your pot is big enough you can add the other ingredients in with the chicken. If not take the chicken out and keep aside.

Add your onions, carrots, peppers and tomatoes with bay leaves and season. Let cook for about 2 minutes then add the chicken back in. Ensure you coat it well with the sauce.
Cover it with foil or an oven proof cover, and whack into the oven till the meat is cooked through. For soft chicken this is like 45 mins. Guinea fowl or other meats will take longer.

If you want a browned skin on the chicken you can then open it and increase the oven temperature and leave for like 10 mins.

If adding broccoli steam seperately and add to the casserole just before you serve.

Serve with rice, mash potatoes, chips or as a soup with some bread.

Enjoy!

6 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
Breakfast
Beans , Dodo and fried unripe plantain. I nor fit spell kpekere

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:
Breakfast

Beans , Dodo and fried unripe plantain. I nor fit spell kpekere

This for breakfast? damn! Remember the school days oh......
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Fhemmmy:

This for breakfast? damn! Remember the school days oh......

I simply love beans, he nor get season for me.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:

I simply love beans, he nor get season for me.

I feel you bro . . . .Enjoy your thing jooooo (Who defines when to eat what anyways?)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cynate(f): 12:37am On Dec 09, 2017
Palm oil soup
Pomo and goat meats

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 09, 2017
Tofu/Broccoli Stir-fry over Jasmine Rice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2017
Cynate:
Palm oil soup Pomo and goat meats

♤That sauce
embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by opella(f): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Whole chicken - spatchcocked -I.e. cut down the backbone only and spread it out. I cut it down the breastbone as i find breastmeat boring so this helps open up the meat to absorb tbe juices.
You can use pieces as well as other poultry or meat. Guinea fowl or duck. Whole leg of goat or ram as will work well too ( yes i am a carnivore! Don't judge!)
season and leave to marinade for a while - overnight if possible.

Onions - chopped
Carrots - sliced
Bell peppers - mixed colours - chopped
Atarodo - finely chopped
Tomatoes - chopped ( If using the canned fresh ones it has enough juice) if using fresh, you can add a bit of tin tomatoes mixed with a bit of water.
Usual spices and bay leaves.

Get a large casserole pot or pan, that can go from hob to oven If you do not have one use a large pot with metal handles or a deep oven pan with foil covering.

Put some oil in the pot/ pan. Let it heat up and then add the chicken skin-side down and fry for a bit, then turn over to the other side and fry for a bit. 3 -5 mins on each side.

If your pot is big enough you can add the other ingredients in with the chicken. If not take the chicken out and keep aside.

Add your onions, carrots, peppers and tomatoes with bay leaves and season. Let cook for about 2 minutes then add the chicken back in. Ensure you coat it well with the sauce.
Cover it with foil or an oven proof cover, and whack into the oven till the meat is cooked through. For soft chicken this is like 45 mins. Guinea fowl or other meats will take longer.

If you want a browned skin on the chicken you can then open it and increase the oven temperature and leave for like 10 mins.

If adding broccoli steam seperately and add to the casserole just before you serve.

Serve with rice, mash potatoes, chips or as a soup with some bread.

Enjoy!
Thanks dear.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Cynate:
Palm oil soup Pomo and goat meats
Enjoyment galore.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cynate(f): 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤That sauce

embarassed
grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Castleberry: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Noodles

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Awesomemama: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
Awesomemama:
Good evening everyone, please I'll like to learn how to grill chicken.
Recipe pleaseeeeee.... kiss

Can anyone help with this pleaseeeeeee....
Want my Christmas chicken to be lit grin
Cc Cynate , bakeuhappy and everyone
Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cynate(f): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
Awesomemama:

Can anyone help with this pleaseeeeeee....
Want my Christmas chicken to be lit grin
Cc Cynate , bakeuhappy and everyone
Thanks
Which type?
Nigerian way or Chinese way or Western way grin
Now, you are making me feel hungry grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bakeuhappy: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
Cynate:

Which type?
Recipe:
sage, white wine vinegar, herbs de Provencal, olive oil, chicken stock powder, finely grated ginger and garlic,black pepper not cameroun pepper . Soft whole chicken(cut open down the cavity ),
.**wash defrosted chicken with water. Mix all the other ingredients in a big bowl (large enough to hold your chicken and still enter your fridge) put the chicken in the marinate and be sure to rub everywhere and in all cavities.. Allow to marinate overnight.

In the morning pop marinated chicken into the grill and grill turning occasionally and use a brush to brush the remaining marinate on the chicken as you grill
turn occasionally to allow chicken cook thoroughly.

I made a sauce with my remaining marinate by pouring into pot.adding garlic/sliced onion, chopped tomatoes and chopped spring onion.till it's a bit soft and seasoned with only a little salt to served with it.

For the potatoes I peeled and put in d marinate for 5mins to absorb the spices and grilled as well..

If you have further questions pls whatsapp me on 08026555999...i will love to see your beautiful creation for Christmas.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Awesomemama: 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
Cynate:

Which type?

My dear, I don't even know any way embarassed
But I want one that I can easily get the ingredients here in Nigeria. Nigerian way it is then, but then it will be nice to know other ways grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Awesomemama: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
bakeuhappy:

Recipe:
sage, white wine vinegar, herbs de Provencal, olive oil, chicken stock powder, finely grated ginger and garlic,black pepper not cameroun pepper . Soft whole chicken(cut open down the cavity ),
.**wash defrosted chicken with water. Mix all the other ingredients in a big bowl (large enough to hold your chicken and still enter your fridge) put the chicken in the marinate and be sure to rub everywhere and in all cavities.. Allow to marinate overnight.

In the morning pop marinated chicken into the grill and grill turning occasionally and use a brush to brush the remaining marinate on the chicken as you grill
turn occasionally to allow chicken cook thoroughly.

I made a sauce with my remaining marinate by pouring into pot.adding garlic/sliced onion, chopped tomatoes and chopped spring onion.till it's a bit soft and seasoned with only a little salt to served with it.

For the potatoes I peeled and put in d marinate for 5mins to absorb the spices and grilled as well..

If you have further questions pls whatsapp me on 08026555999...i will love to see your beautiful creation for Christmas.

I'm hungry already grin
Thank you
I'll mention you when I replicate this wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 1:44am On Dec 11, 2017
ewa26:
looks a foolish and disgusting idea!

liquid smoke, you wan give people cancer in the name of Jollof Rice o di egwu!

Go and eat your ogiri vanilla coconut rice with vinegar and okporoko. Garnished with your own poo.

Ewu.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Alennsar(f): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2017
Probz:

Go and eat your ogiri vanilla coconut rice with vinegar and okporoko. Garnished with your own poo.

Ewu.
Why did you answer him naw. Just ignore

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lolipopandy(f): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
[img][/img] breakfast

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lilvicky68(m), captainbangz, Afobear, Kobojunkie and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.