Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5791229 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Decale:

Do you know any woman that is single that also worked at that fast food kitchen too?

Asking for a friend
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Me playing "best" granddaughter. RoyalBlak007 come now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 6:33am On Dec 26, 2017
jagugu88li:

Exceptional! shocked

This is so calling me embarassed .Magic hands you've got smiley.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Afollyshade(f): 7:42am On Dec 26, 2017
Christmas lunch "Amala and ewedu with Chicken"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peachespeaches: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2017
all about Christmas... merry christmas

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2017
Afollyshade:
Christmas lunch "Amala and ewedu with Chicken"

Oh my Gåâāwwďďddđ shocked

embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Decale:

Do you know any woman that is single that also worked at that fast food kitchen too?

Asking for a friend

Ha ha ha .....

Dude, tell your "friend" you / he needs to be specific when asking such questions. .... she could have been the floor cleaner or plate washer and not worked in the kitchen actually cooking.

Lol!

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:
Aww thanks for the compliment

Yes I had loads of fun. I woke up early to cook so I was done by 1:00pm and took a small nap before the party started at 3.

Side note: I used to work in a fast food kitchen in Nigeria when I was in imsu. That’s where I learned to cook many things at the same time and fast too.

Interesting

So for instance, can you break down how you cooked all that stuff with different bases i.e. not like 3 soups with same base where you prepare the base and portion to 3 to cook the actual soups.

Grabs a seat.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:

Yes I had loads of fun. I woke up early to cook so I was done by 1:00pm and took a small nap before the party started at 3.

Side note: I used to work in a fast food kitchen in Nigeria when I was in imsu. That’s where I learned to cook many things at the same time and fast too.

Like my friend Lloyd would say; "En hen. You see? I tok am". Sebi I tok am? cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Remilekun101: 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
pounded yam, egusi with vegetables and chicken

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bollinger:

Like my friend Lloyd would say; "En hen. You see? I tok am". Sebi I tok am? cool
grin
When you talk am?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:
grin
When you talk am?

I no fit remember but I know say I tok am sha. Pesin no fit de splatter mede mede like that without some form of boot camp training. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
bukatyne:

Interesting

So for instance, can you break down how you cooked all that stuff with different bases i.e. not like 3 soups with same base where you prepare the base and portion to 3 to cook the actual soups.

Grabs a seat.
Usually I start with the stuff that you can put in the oven and forget for a few hours that makes time for other stuff.

1) I brined the turkey overnight and made the meat pie the night before. Meat pie usually takes a while for me since I have to fold each one individually. So I made it the night before while the turkey was soaking in salt water.

2) woke up at about 5 am the next day (P.S I NEVER wake up at this time unless I have early morning clinical assignment at the hospital. So waking up at this time is a HUGE deal for me cry ).
Anyway I woke up, melted some butter, mixed it with my seasoning and spices for the turkey, rubbed it all over the bird and inside (under the skin too) and popped in the oven.

3) mixed corn bread and popped into the oven as well (bottom rung). Then I molded the meat balls and put the grape jelly + barbecue sauce seasoning in it. poured it into the slow cooker and left it on low for 4 hours.

4) while they were baking/cooking, I mixed puff puff paste and left it to rise. While it was rising, I seasoned meat for my soup, set it on the back stove and started cutting up the ingredients for my Hawaiian fried rice. When I was done, I covered it and started frying the puff puff.

5) puff puff takes it’s own time so I made sure to check on my corn bread in the oven before I started frying the puff puff. When puff puff was done, corn bread was ready, so I set them aside with the meat pie. Three things off my list.

6) then I proceed to cook the soup since the meat was ready at this point. It was egusi soup, so no long process. Just finished that in about 30 minutes, then I set it on the back stove to finish cooking while I started on the Hawaiian rice.

7) after I cooked the Hawaiian rice, I set it aside and then started on the Nigerian fried rice. I used pre-chopped vegetables to save me time on this one. Meanwhile I had to remember to check my turkey in between and baste it with its own juice.
By the time I was done with the Nigerian fried rice, the turkey had been cooking for about 6 hours. It was done and I set it aside to rest before serving it. At this point, I made fufu for the soup and it was all over.

cool took my baby upstairs, bathe her and myself, took an hour nap and woke up 45mins before party to dress up. That’s how we did it grin

Oga arranged the other stuff so I didn’t have to worry about setting up.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bollinger:

I no fit remember but I know say I tok am sha. Pesin no fit de splatter mede mede like that without some form of boot camp training. grin
It was boot camp alright
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:

It was boot camp alright

I bet it was. Learning the trade in a eatery in Nigeria is as tough as it gets. "Tion sir". I doff my hat grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
You would be my favorite grand daughter too if you made all that for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2017
I didn’t make these but we ate them
And yes I’ve given up all hope of losing weight.
Like I’m not even trying anymore. I can’t come and go die

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
Goose casserole in progress.

Using only half of the goose.

Cooking amidst Small family drama so not as organised as I would have liked. Started cooking Way later than I should have but hey ho. I hope it turns our nice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Its 3:23am and I am scavenging the kitchen whilst they sleep. Holidays must end grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cynate(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
Today is my own Jollof rice with a Capital letter J

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Food have ready.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Afollyshade(f): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
Christmas dinner: it the combination of Fried rice, chicken, diced plaintain and coleslaw. It's delicious.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
♡My best thread♡

♡this month ♡ grin .Too bad most ladies here are either married or engaged embarassed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bomgirl(f): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
How it went yesterday...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ogorwyne(f): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Yummy thread. I sha nor snap food yesterday, I would have posted.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DrIkB: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
Xmas rice got ready about 3.45pm yesterday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:
I didn’t make these but we ate them
And yes I’ve given up all hope of losing weight.
Like I’m not even trying anymore. I can’t come and go die

Haaaaaaa, no tok like dat ooooo. You de look for wahala. No lose hope na. 500 meters of light jogging and 30 sit ups a day everyday is nothing but will change your life forever. That and constantly hydrating with H20. My wife na Methusela but just looking at her you'd think she is in her mid 20's just because she does that. Just try na.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bollinger:

Haaaaaaa, no tok like dat ooooo. You de look for wahala. No lose hope na. 500 meters of light jogging and 30 sit ups a day everyday is nothing but will change your life forever. That and constantly hydrating with H20. My wife na Methusela but just looking at her you'd think she is in her mid 20's just because she does that. Just try na.
cry
I’ll try

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:
cry
I’ll try

'atta girl. . . . cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gustav25: 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
cococandy:

BY chance indomie spot ?an imsu alumni here

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Well done! Happy holidays! Great meals @ cococandy.
Where Efe and the rest ?
Used to be like you...host this host that...na me-guest no dey dry and na so I spoiled everyone with dishes. My mom would send me native and authentic egusi, better ogbono, suya spice, vegetables etc na my place students like to hang out and eat real home food. They come knocking when I'm studying sef. See marriage proposal thereafter grin I no dey do again these days grin i come tire. I still cook for some but not that Jesus Christ and 12 disciples super grin
Na only the apple of my eyes I dey feed now cheesy

cococandy:
Christmas party at my house.
I cooked all of these.

Nigerian fried rice
Hawaiin fried rice
Corn bread
Egusi soup with pounded yam
Meat pie
Puff puff
Turkey
Grape jelly meatballs

I’m tired that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
armyofone:
My mom would send me native and authentic egusi, better ogbono, suya spice, vegetables etc na my place students like to hang out and eat real home food. They come knocking when I'm studying sef. See marriage proposal thereafter ;
Na only the apple of my eyes I dey feed now cheesy

What's with the M by your name? I know your a lady from your days in the foreign affairs thread? Correct it!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.