Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5750096 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 30, 2018
Pancake 4 lunch
I don chop am finish b4 I remba to snap

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 30, 2018
Liftedhands:
Breakfast
Yummy.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 5:39pm On May 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
Today's breakfast... there was no space for the bread grin
Royal.blak007 you can have the eggs and plantain, soberd.runk...the avocado is all yours! grin
kiss Yes! You♡ know
How I like em smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 5:41pm On May 30, 2018
MissIndependent:
Rice and Vegetable soup. wink
This is too much for you shocked
Aren't You dieting again? cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 5:43pm On May 30, 2018
Seems all the ladies here are
either married or engaged embarassed . What do I do cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 30, 2018
Sansa143:
Recipe 4 d okpa pls grin
Ingredients (in order of Priority):
1: Pepper
2: Salt
3: Palm Oil
4: Onions (optional)
5: Crayfish (optional)
6: Ginger (optional)

Step 1.
Pound the ingredients (1,4,5,6)in a wooden morter

Step 2.
Measure the oil (1 cup for 3 cups of Okpa) and pour into the pounded ingredients

Step 3.
Lukewarm 2 litre of water (it could be less or more depends on the quantity of the Okpa) pour like 1/3 of it into the oil and stir a bit.

Step 4.
Measure your Okpa (3 cups for 1 cup of oil) and pour into the oil

Step 5.
Use the pestle and stir it gently and steady for like 15 minutes or more. (make sure it's smooth without seeds )

Step 6.
Now add more lukewarm water into it(3 litre for 4 cups of Okpa)
Stir everything together.
Add salt and taste it.
Now pour into nylon and cook.
Note: make sure the water in the cooking pot is boiling before u start tying it.

I will make it more clearer and comprehensive with pictures/video guide but that will be when next I intend to cook another.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 5:48pm On May 30, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

Yummy
yes it was thanks lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissIndependent(f): 5:49pm On May 30, 2018
Viking007:
Lunch/dinner. Amala and okro soup.

Pre wedding cooking photos. A mudu of amala flour costs N500 in Abuja, I never knew it's so expensive.
Fish, meat and amala flour.
It's even cheaper it's N600 here in Ado Ekiti. I don't know your mudu size though.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 30, 2018
Izuogu1:

Ingredients (in order of Priority):
1: Pepper
2: Salt
3: Palm Oil
4: Onions (optional)
5: Crayfish (optional)
6: Ginger (optional)

Step 1.
Pound the ingredients (1,4,5,6)in a wooden morter

Step 2.
Measure the oil (1 cup for 3 cups of Okpa) and pour into the pounded ingredients

Step 3.
Lukewarm 2 litre of water (it could be less or more depends on the quantity of the Okpa) pour like 1/3 of it into the oil and stir a bit.

Step 4.
Measure your Okpa (3 cups for 1 cup of oil) and pour into the oil

Step 5.
Use the pestle and stir it gently and steady for like 15 minutes or more. (make sure everything has stick together)

Step 6.
Now add more lukewarm water into it(3 litre for 4 cups of Okpa)
Stir everything together.
Add salt and taste it.
Now pour into nylon and cook.
Note: make sure the water in the cooking pot is boiling before u start tying it.

I can make it more clearer and comprehensive with pictures/video guide but that will be when next I intend to cook another.
thanks.Does d okpa come in flour or how do I get it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissIndependent(f): 5:53pm On May 30, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

This is too much for you shocked
Aren't You dieting again? cheesy
It's actually for two. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 30, 2018
Sansa143:
thanks.Does d okpa come in flour or how do I get it?
you buy it in the market, they grind it and sieve it.
Or you buy the already grinded one.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 6:01pm On May 30, 2018
MissIndependent:

MissIndependent:
Sure you're not gonna sneak out
to go chow a plate of peppersoup at Prosperous? cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 6:03pm On May 30, 2018
Colourich:
Yummy.
I know grin thank you .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissIndependent(f): 6:05pm On May 30, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Sure you're not gonna sneak out
to go chow a plate of peppersoup at Prosperous? cheesy
Wait o seems you know me beyond Nairaland... Who are you? Reveal yourself now angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 6:07pm On May 30, 2018
MissIndependent:
Wait o seems you know me beyond Nairaland... Who are you? Reveal yourself now angry

cheesygrincheesygrin

I am
Royalßlåk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissIndependent(f): 6:08pm On May 30, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

cheesygrincheesygrin

I am
Royalßlåk
angry angry angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 6:10pm On May 30, 2018
MissIndependent:
angry angry angry

We shouldn't
derail grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2018
MacKish sauce. Oh mine!! Fish and things - delicious goodness!
What do I eat with it? Rice, potatoes or bread? I got to figure something out before I finish this delish fish sauce like that :-)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rakiticbarca: 6:55pm On May 30, 2018
Viking007:
Lunch/dinner. Amala and okro soup.

Pre wedding cooking photos. A mudu of amala flour costs N500 in Abuja, I never knew it's so expensive.
Fish, meat and amala flour.
just imagine the combo of that smoked fish with ice cold garri grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 30, 2018
Izuogu1:
you buy it in the market, they grind it and sieve it.
Or you buy the already grinded one.
Tnks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewoma45(f): 8:24pm On May 30, 2018
Dinner tongue

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dopeJemi: 8:30pm On May 30, 2018
armyofone:
MacKish sauce. Oh mine!! Fish and things - delicious goodness!
What do I eat with it? Rice, potatoes or bread? I got to figure something out before I finish this delish fish sauce like that :-)

Please, I beg you. Recipe please, abeg

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 30, 2018
Sansa143:
Tnks
u re welc.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kingreign(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2018
Xiadnat:
........food. Content self explanatory.

Was quite spicy hot. Added jalapeno pepper.
wrong cutlery placement
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Giddyperson: 8:51pm On May 30, 2018
[code][/code]
Sansa143:
Tnks
What don't you cook
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2018
My friend, no mind the fancy name o- na cooked and deboned mackerel fish in steamed tomatoes and onion sauce o cheesy
dopeJemi:

Please, I beg you. Recipe please, abeg

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 30, 2018
After 2years of no alcohol,i get to have a taste dis evening.Men,am alrdy in cloud 9 grin

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 30, 2018
grin grin grin my dear,i love cooking esp baking
Giddyperson:
[code][/code]What don't you cook
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Awesomemama: 9:37pm On May 30, 2018
Sansa143:
After 2years of no alcohol,i get to have a taste dis evening.Men,am alrdy in cloud 9 grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Can imagine the feeling
Can't wait to have a taste grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dopeJemi: 9:41pm On May 30, 2018
armyofone:
My friend, no mind the fancy name o- na cooked and deboned mackerel fish in steamed tomatoes and onion sauce o cheesy

Lol, I know na. I just wan know how exactly you do am when make am come out like this?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dunasy(f): 9:43pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=Izuogu1 post=68026347]
Ex (in order of Priority):

Biko... Only these makes okpa shocked shocked? you mean no special ingredient somewhere....

Mean I can try then cheesy

Modified : Sansa143 has helped by answering my question indirectly
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=dunasy post=68032491][/quote]Okpa does not need any special ingredients. With pepper, salt and Palm oil.. You are good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.